The Real Estate Connection Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kiwiwolf
kiwiwolf
180 Followers

"God I'd give a weeks pay to have had a video camera to capture that. Hi, I'm Karen Montecelli. Pleased to make your acquaintance." She held out her hand which I shook with some difficulty because of the drip. With the ice well and truly broken, Lee grabbed another chair and both of them sat down.

"I'd offer you guys coffee and donuts but it seems like I'm all out. Actually I could do with a coffee... how 'bout you two?" My throat was parched from my little speech to Wallace and I had a massive craving for caffeine. I reached for the buzzer beside the bed and winced as a bolt of pain shot through me. I'd have to remember to use the other hand for small tasks. While we waited for the nurse to arrive, I checked out Karen Montecelli. She was in her mid thirties and had the trim lean body of someone who was very familiar with the inside of a gym. Long red hair framed a pretty but not remarkable face, although there was a hint of raw sensuality lurking there. Her green eyes were her most outstanding feature. At that moment they were locked on mine. She was observing my examination of her with an amused look on her face. I was saved from further embarrassment by the arrival of the nurse who immediately bustled over and checked my drip before jamming a thermometer into my mouth and grabbing my wrist to check my pulse. It was all done with such swift, practiced precision that I didn't have time to protest. Lee and Montecelli sat there chuckling at my obvious discomfort. I couldn't do anything except relax and put up with it until she was finished. Finally she was done with all the prodding and poking and I could relax while trying to rescue what dignity I had left.

"Thanks Nurse. Look would it be possible to get a couple of cups of coffee for me and my guests here? They're grilling me unmercifully and I need some caffeine to keep my wits about me." Despite my best hang dog look her grin told me that she wasn't fooled but she graciously agreed to bring coffee. We made small talk until the coffee arrived and then settled in for business.

"Craig, I'm just here as a courtesy really. Karen has a few questions to ask you buddy." He looked relaxed with no sign of any discomfort. I took this as a good sign for the interview to come. Karen got down to business straight away, removing a small tape recorder from the depths of the large bag she carried and making herself comfortable in her chair.

"Okay Craig... first off we have your gun. We only need it for the purpose of ballistics identification then you'll get it back. The shoot was righteous. In other words we aren't charging you with anything. You fired in self defence with a legal weapon that you had a permit to carry, so there are no charges for you to answer. The purpose of this interview is just to establish a sequence of events... a timeline if you will. I'm going to tape the interview and then get it transcribed at the office. You'll have the right to have a copy of the tape and transcription for your own records. Understand me so far?" I nodded in the affirmative and she carried on. "Also you have the right to have an attorney present during this interview. Do you want an attorney?"

"Do I need one?" My question was directed at Lee who smiled and shook his head.

"No buddy. We haven't read you your rights and you aren't being charged with anything or suspected of anything dodgy so I reckon you are in the clear lawyer wise. If we did find something to charge you with we couldn't use the tape anyway... it would be fruit of the poisoned tree... no Miranda warning."

"Okay Detective Montecelli, I'll do without a lawyer. Shall we get this interview rolling?"

She grinned and nodded. Switching on the tape machine she laid it on the bed midway between us. Clearing her throat she began by stating the date time and location of the interview for the record. She also gave the names of those present.

"Okay Mr Miller, in your own words could you describe for us the events that led up to your shooting of Elizabeth Graeme. Take your time, and remember no detail is too small or unimportant to add to your testimony. Could you begin from when you left home that morning please?" And so I began.

I talked without interruption for about twenty minutes while the spools of the tape turned silently in the recorder. I kept all emotion out of it treating the shooting as an impersonal event that was necessary to our survival as indeed it was. Finally I ran out of words and sagged back against the pillows. Karen and Lee exchanged a brief look and then Karen leaned forward to ask her first question since I had started talking.

"Mr. Miller do you think you could have handled the situation any differently?" It was a form question. A stupid question but I could see that it was necessary for the powers that be. I gave a straight answer.

"No. If I hadn't shot back it would only have been a matter of time before we got nailed properly. Either Stevie or myself would have ended up dead. The shooter had all the advantages except skill and I wasn't going to wait around to see if practice made her a better shot. I did what I thought was necessary to protect Stevie and myself. As it was, it was a lucky shot that nailed her. A handgun shot, upward trajectory, at a partially concealed target over 20 yards away... it was a lucky shot."

"Lucky or not, it achieved its objective. She was dead instantly. Your round took her through the head. We recovered a gun from the sidewalk below the window. It was a Steyr Scout; a pretty serious piece of hardware. She was also using a fake name. Her prints didn't match up with anything we have on file either here in Richmond or with the FBI or AFIS."

The AFIS she was talking about was the Automated Fingerprint Identification System, a national database of fingerprints. It was probably the most in depth fingerprint resource available to law enforcement. Still that was no major surprise. Given the type of weaponry she was using I was prepared to hazard a guess that she had done this before. If she was a seasoned pro then she would have operated under an alias. It was basic field craft. Karen kept on talking.

"Given the type of rifle used it seems pretty safe to assume that this wasn't her first time at bat. I think you folks are lucky to be alive. Is there anything else you can tell us that would help us out here?" She waited while I ran the events through my mind trying to find anything I'd missed.

"No... I think that about covers it. It still puts us back at square one though. We still have no idea who's after me. Or us for that matter. Using a woman for a hit just isn't Montoya's style. In his super macho world women have very limited uses. They are for sex, home making and decoration. Any meaningful task would be performed by a man. Hiring a female hitter just isn't something he'd do. It just doesn't add up." I was getting tired, my wounds were aching and my mouth was dry from all the talking. I asked Lee to hit the button to get a nurse. In a few moments a new nurse entered and immediately started to go through all the procedure again.

"Can we skip the check up this time? I had it done half an hour ago. I just need some pain relief and a jug of water." I said it with a smile so as to mollify her. She had looked a bit upset when I stopped her prodding and poking. She returned my smile and bustled out to attend to my requests. It seemed that the interview had come to a close as Karen turned the tape recorder off and put it back in her bag.

"Okay Craig. If you think of anything else can you call Lee or myself? In the meantime I have a couple of guys watching your room... it's just a precaution but we'd rather be safe than sorry." She put a business card on the bedside table as they both rose and said their goodbyes.

"Hey Lee... I appreciated what you and your men did for me the other day with those reporters. When I get out of here I'd like to throw you guys a barbeque out at my place. Would that be okay? I wouldn't be crossing some invisible line would I?"

He grinned. "Not if you invite us as a group of friends. If you issue a blanket invite to the S.W.A.T. team then maybe the department may have cause to bitch, but there's no rule that says you can't have a bunch of buddies out for a few drinks is there? Let me know when and I'll organise it my end. Get well buddy and we'll see you soon." With that they turned and left just as the nurse was entering the room with a tray holding water and a syringe. Inserting the needle into the IV port she depressed the plunger injecting the contents of the syringe into the IV line.

"You had pethidine a while back so this is just a light topical analgesic to take the edge off. Dinner is in about an hour so I'll come and check on you just before then." With that she bustled out. I liked that about nurses. They always seemed to do things at about 5,000 miles an hour. I drifted off to sleep.

The arrival of Stevie with my dinner tray woke me. Dinner consisted of broccoli, potatoes, peas and two chicken breasts in rich gravy. Definitely better than other hospital fare I had tasted. As Stevie spoon fed me we chatted. It was good to be able to put the shooting behind us even if it was only for a while. She told me she was going to be moving a few things into the house the next day and that Becky and KJ were going to help her. She mentioned that Matt and Becky were going to come by later for a quick visit. I hadn't seen Matt since he left for his trip... the day that Becky had joined Stevie and me for our threesome. His visit should be interesting to say the least. As we sat and chatted after dinner, Stevie's hand rested on the sheets over my thigh. It was a warm and comfortable feeling... an expression of affection which I was enjoying. The nurse came and went delivering coffee and removing my dinner dishes.

"So when you get home it's going to be a while before you can exert yourself isn't it baby? I mean you won't be doing anything strenuous for a while will you?" As she asked her seemingly innocent question her hand started moving slowly and softly on my thigh. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out where she was going with this.

"Baby I think you'd kill me if we tried to make love at the moment. It's gonna be a while honey but just think of what it's going to be like when we finally do get to do the deed again." She shot me a wicked grin then slowly slid her hand up to cup my flaccid cock and balls. Only the sheet and the hospital gown I was wearing stood between her soft hand and my genitals. I quickly swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat as another lump formed quite swiftly under the sheets. Stevie giggled as her hand closed around the tent pole that was making a mini marquee out of my covers.

"Jesus woman! You'll get me kicked out of here. Actually that's not a bad idea." My voice came out as a hoarse growl.

"And who says that isn't my intention?" Her smile was beautiful as was the feeling of her hand as it slid up and down my fabric covered cock. Judging from the firmness of my hardon, there was nothing wrong with my blood pressure. I was saved from further torture by a knock on the door. Stevie removed her hand quickly as the door opened but I was left with the problem of disguising the big top in my sheets. Quickly I tried to cover it up with my hands but Becky's laugh from the doorway made it clear that I had failed.

"My god girl... don't you ever let the poor guy have a break?" Becky and Matt walked over to the bed as I gave up trying to disguise my erection. Matt laughed at my obvious discomfort as Becky gave me a hot kiss hello along with a friendly pat on my cock.

"How are you buddy? A stupid question but hey, it had to be asked. I can see that Nurse Stevie here has the situation in hand so to speak. So when do the doctors say you can get out of this dump?" There was no indication in his greeting that he harboured any bad feelings about the threesome Stevie, Becky and I had the night he left. I didn't really expect him to after the conversation we had about the event before he left but I had been a bit worried that his words wouldn't match his feelings.

"Doing good Matt. Nothing a session in the paint and panel shop won't fix anyway. Just a couple of flesh wounds and I think I've got the doctor convinced that I'll be going home in another two days. How was your trip?" Matt grinned and Becky giggled. Obviously there was something here that I was missing.

"Well actually Craig, I never left Richmond. I arrived at the airport and got a call on my cell phone. My ex was actually right there in the airport. She had decided to fly down to visit on the spur of the moment. It took a bit of juggling but I rescheduled the meeting I was supposed to have for this morning and we went back to my place. I figured that there was no way I was going to ruin the threesome that you lot were going to have so I just laid low here. Then Becky turned up the next day and we ended up having a nice friendly little get together." Becky grinned and blushed at that. I could imagine the nature of the get together given the free spirited attitude of the two main protagonists.

As Matt talked I could feel Stevie's hand sliding back over the sheets to my now flaccid cock. Becky was watching with a wicked smile on her lovely face as the hand crept closer to its intended target. To my embarrassment I could feel my cock responding in advance to the upcoming groping. Matt and Becky just grinned as I blushed. Stevie's pure as the driven snow look wasn't fooling anyone. As her hand crept closer to my now fully erect cock I wasn't all that sure of the wisdom of a sexual adventure at that particular moment. I'd been shot a couple of times and had given my head a hell of a whack when I hit the pavement so I sincerely doubted that I was in any condition to partake in any sexual gymnastics, no matter how passive my role might be. Before I could voice my concern, I felt her small hand close over my cock and my concerns were confirmed.

My immediate reflex action in response to her hand closing over me was to jerk; my stomach muscles contracting involuntarily and suddenly. This sent a pulse of pain through my midsection as the stitches holding the wound in my side strained and pulled. My head came up off the pillow as the pain swept through me and that caused another wave of pain through my damaged melon. With a groan I collapsed back onto the pillow. Stevie immediately released my rapidly deflating member and stood, leaning over me with a look of concern on her face. As I tried to lie perfectly still until the pain subsided, Stevie bent to hug me to her chest.

"Oh god I'm sorry honey! You want me to go get the nurse?" I nodded my head weakly. She lowered me gently to the pillow again and shot out the door in search of a healer to come and tend to her man. Warily I sat up and shook the cobwebs from my brain. Looks of shock and concern were slowly disappearing from Matt and Becky's faces to be replaced by expressions of amusement as they clicked on to what was happening.

"God that woman is gonna be the death of me," I groaned. "Don't tell her about this will ya? I just need a couple of days to recover and get my strength back before she can be let loose on my bits and pieces." I could hear Stevie coming back down the hall outside so I rearranged myself on the bed and was ready by the time she burst through the door with a very patient nurse in tow. I immediately felt ashamed of my actions when I saw the look of sheer worry on her lovely face. I spoke quickly to relieve any fear she might have over my condition.

"Kitten I'm okay. I just need to avoid any strenuous action for the next few days... at least until I start to heal properly. Okay baby?" She nodded warily and moved over to the bed where the nurse was already quietly checking my readings off the monitor at my bedside. Stevie sat down beside the bed and held my hand possessively until the nurse finished her check up and left the room. As the door closed behind her Stevie turned toward me and spoke.

"Too soon eh?" Her smile revealed her embarrassment.

"Just a little bit baby. Give me a couple of days to get a bit of strength back then we can see what limitations I'll have to slave away under. When I get out of here baby I can see myself being way too weak to even make a cup of coffee or getting my own food. I'll probably need a lot of tender loving care and lots of fussing and fretting done over me." I gave a particularly weak cough to emphasise my weakened state. Becky and Matt burst out laughing while Stevie looked at me with a mock look of concern.

"Oh baby... Momma will take care of her little boy. If you're going to be that weak honey, you'll probably be too weak to get out of bed to go to the bathroom. I'll have to buy some king sized adult diapers and a mega box of wipes. And you'll probably be too weak to chew solid food so I better stock up on baby food... creamed rice maybe?" The rest of the visit went in a similar tone with Matt and Becky joining in on Stevie's side. It was a good mood to be in... as close to normal as possible but it was tiring. It was with a small sense of relief that I eventually said goodnight to Stevie, Matt and Becky and settled in for the night. It wasn't long before I felt myself drifting off.

Mornings in hospital are never a lot of fun no matter what sort of hospital it is, military or civilian. Nurses all seemed to be built for mornings. They buzz in and out with huge smiles on their faces, humming their happy tunes, and generally spreading joy and good will. I wished I had a tranquiliser gun. I could have taken a few of those chirpy little critters out right then and there and done everyone a favour.

My nurse burst into my room like a ray of sunshine humming her particular happy tune and yanked back the curtains flooding the room in bright light that blinded me instantly.

"Good morning Mr. Miller," she chirped in an annoyingly happy warble that immediately set my teeth on edge. "How are we today?" It's always struck me as funny how 'you' becomes 'we' as soon as 'you' is injured and hospitalised.

"We want another hour's sleep and less sunlight. Then we want breakfast and a cup or seven of coffee. Then we want to get the hell out of this place... that's what we want." I was never at my best when confined and mornings just weren't my thing anyway. Unfortunately all nurses must have to pass a course in dealing with grumpy assholes and must also develop skin thicker than a rhino's. My sarcasm washed off her like water off a duck's back.

"Ahhh... so we're not feeling all that happy this morning. Never mind, we'll soon have you doing handsprings in the corridors. Now just lie still while I check your vitals." I gritted my teeth and just put up with Florence Nightingale's prodding and probing and her inane but well meant chatter. I was determined that despite my promise to the good doctor the previous day, I was going to get out of here today.

Breakfast arrived about an hour after my breezy wake up call. It was a palatable mixture of yellow and brown which I was told was eggs Benedict. I was on my second cup of coffee and starting to feel like I was more human when the doctor arrived.

"Hi there Craig. The nurses tell me you're a tad restless this morning." He had a big grin on his face and try as I might, I just couldn't get pissed off with this guy.

"I guess I'm just allergic to hospitals Brian. Is there any chance at all that I can get outta here today? I mean the wounds were just superficial and the headache is gone completely. I feel great... honestly." Listening to the sound of my voice I felt embarrassed to hear a note of desperation. I think that Brian picked up on it too. He regarded me with a speculative look before he spoke.

"Okay here is what we'll do. I'm going to give you a thorough examination, similar to the one I'd be giving you tomorrow before I discharge you. If you pass, I'll let you go home today, but if you fail, you have to stick around until you are better. Fair enough?" I couldn't really argue with that so I nodded my head in the affirmative.

kiwiwolf
kiwiwolf
180 Followers