The Reckoning

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Don't look at me like that, Riley," he warned. "I'm not totally in control."

My heated body and aching pussy made me bold. "And we're just in a dream."

"Tomorrow we won't be! He threw his hands into the air. Tomorrow is the Reckoning and I still haven't found a way to spare your life. It doesn't help that you're all too willing to let me have you."

"Well what am I supposed to do? Not want you? It's not a reaction I can control."

He pounded his fists against a cherry wood table. "I wish Aki was still alive. I'd kill him. I've tried everything! I tied you down to lessen your reaction to me. I held my breath to keep your scent out of my head...I made love to you instead of fucking and commanding your body. I turned you over so I wouldn't be tempted by the face you make when you come," he shook his head.

My cheeks heated. "Do you ever think it's just meant to be this way?"

"I refuse to believe that. Not with the way I feel about you."

"Have you considered starting off as the animal? I mean, if he's already out to play, maybe he won't get so riled up."

"I'm not going full beast on you, Riley. You wouldn't survive the fucking."

I gasped as heat traveled in new waves through my body.

"Do you have a hybrid form?"

He stopped pacing to look at me. "What an idea." He grabbed my hand and pulled me toward the couch. With a wave of his hand, my clothes were gone. "I just have to make sure enough of the animal is there...yes...it could...perhaps. But I don't want the beast to be in full command," he said more to himself than me. "It might work, but I have to warn you...the animal is not attractive."

"What, and you are?" I scoffed.

He slapped my butt, playfully. "Got you naked, didn't I?"

"Yeah, with shaman magic," I rolled my eyes.

"This has nothing to do with the shaman. Us gypsies had many tricks up our sleeves before he came along, remember that," he said before pulling me in for a kiss.

Our lips and tongues danced erotically as the air around us became heavier. I wrapped my arms around him, feeling his muscles lengthen and bulge. I broke the kiss to look at him; I had to fight the gasp that threatened to give away my fear. Sebastian's face was overly angular, his eyes were now past the orange and into their full gold state; the way they were sunken in made it look like he seriously lacked sleep. His hair grew wilder and scraggly from his face and the crown of his head. His fangs hung, now, to his chin.

What was he? A werewolf? Some type of blend of saber tooth tiger and wolf?

The hair on his exposed chest puffed out even more than before, tickling my sensitive nipples. He laid me on a white, shaggy rug and the feeling of him pressing into my body made me groan.

A growl built in his chest. "Please, Riley. I can't concentrate when you—"

"—I'm sorry," I said, breathily.

He shook his head. "Are you ready?"

"Yes," I mumbled.

He fucked and bit me. Blood poured out of my neck and onto his rug. "Fucking damn it," he roared as his seed shot into me. "WHY?! This should have worked!" He snatched up a pillow from the couch and held it to the wound on my neck.

"'S not your fault, Sebastian. It'll be fine. We'll be fine. Y-you'll see. We got this."

"How the fuck are we gonna be fine when I can't keep from killing you?"

"Sebastian," I grabbed for the image of him closest to me.

"I'm over here, Riley. Riley? Riley! Damn it! How the fuck am I going to do this tomorrow?" Were the last words before I slipped out of the dream.

Part Three: The Reckoning

I would either end the day dead or be well on my way to becoming an immortal. I hoped it would be the latter, but I did not let my hopes soar too high.

Sebastian and I had had sex more than a handful of times and, with each encounter, he killed me. Though each bite wound was smaller than the last, the fact remained that he was still killing me. Sebastian was beside himself, and I felt for him.

The shaman that cast the curse was cruel. He had to have been to put an entire people in such positions of despair. So much death and destruction over a stupid treaty. Did he even, for a fraction of a second, take into account his own daughter's happiness?

"If he had, the asshole wouldn't have cursed all those gypsies that day," I said with a yawn.

I rolled out of bed and went to stand in front of my vanity. I wasn't sure what I was expecting to find; every other time Sebastian and I did the deed in my dreams, I didn't come back with evidence of my death—this time was no different. I turned away from the mirror and set my attention on the "inspirational quotes" calendar I'd hung on the wall.

"Live every day as if it is your last," I read before scoffing. "And here I thought they'd want to say something about love."

I showered, groomed meticulously, and waited. Abby left the apartment after I was out of the shower, saying she was going to meet Mark for coffee. That made me grin. Mark was a gentle soul. He was calm and reflective; exactly what Abby needed to combat her nerves. I knew what I needed...who I needed. The answer was right there all along; in my dreams and in reality. It was Sebastian. I'd tasted of his essence in dreams past, always knowing someone was out there waiting for me. I didn't put it together until late, but I was glad I made the connection.

My parents never put much stock into my dreams—in fact, they came to fear them—but I always knew they were too sensory to mean nothing. His dream walking and my imagination led us together. The Skies had aligned for us, I knew the truth in my gut and heart, but it took a little bit for my head to catch up. I cursed my shrink and my parents' fear for that. As hard as I fought them, I ended up succumbing to their insistence that my dreams were just vivid imaginations. When I met Sebastian for the first time, my years of therapy had won what reaction I would have toward him. If I would have waited and listened to what my heart and soul were saying, I wouldn't have delved into the "is this real, or is this not" argument. There would have been no argument at all.

Sebastian, whether he knew it or not, taught me to believe in myself again. To see with my real sight, and not through the smoky film everyone else saw through. Even if he killed me today, I would at least die being true to my nature and feelings for him.

Yes, I fully admitted my feelings for Sebastian to myself; when I did, I felt lighter. It was as if a backpack full of bricks was taken from me. It wasn't merely a sexual attraction anymore, though that aspect of the draw was still in full swing. Through all the doubt and confusion, I knew it all along. I was his and he was mine.

"Riley?" His voice broke through my internal contemplation.

I turned to find him standing in my doorway. Oh my god...he's here. For real...here.

My dreams did him no justice, and he was right, my entire being would want him—I would offer myself willingly.

"I just let myself in. I was knocking and ringing the doorbell for a while."

"I'm sorry, I guess I didn't hear it."

His lips quirked into a half smile that didn't reach his eyes. "Understandable."

I cleared my throat. "So, we finally meet in the flesh."

"I had to leave the Matrix for this event, but the journey was worth it," his smile peeked into his eyes momentarily.

"I'm glad Morpheus let you go. It's a pleasure to see you in person."

His smile faded. "For now."

"Hey, hey." I rose from the bed and cupped his face in my hand. The insignificant gesture caused a jolt to run from the contact point to my groin. I stifled a groan. "It's not over yet, okay? We got this."

"How can you be so sure of me, Riley? You only just met me in your head. You hadn't even seen me in person until just a minute ago."

"I know I've known you much longer. I trust you." I slid my hand down his cheek to his neck, and then down to his chest. "Let's get on with the day," I moved to grab my coat, but he stopped me.

"Wait," he huffed. "This is fucked up! You shouldn't be parading off to your death like this. I should be able to claim you without the need to rip your throat out. This creature in me... I hate him."

The pain in Sebastian's face and voice pierced through me. I dropped my coat and pulled him into a hug. He towered over me, but he let me hold him just the same. "You were so cocky in the beginning. So sure you were going to have me ripping my own panties off for you to deflower me," I forced a chuckle.

"I'm still that guy, Riley. He's just hiding under all this grief. I meant what I said that first night. I want you to see me as more than a monster, Riley. Please tell me you do."

"Of course, I do. Look at you! You're strong, attractive, funny, compassionate...you can be a little full of yourself but we can work on that."

He tilted my head up so he could look into my eyes. "What did I ever do to be matched to someone like you? What a blessing and a curse. Can I kiss you?"

I snorted. "Why are you even asking?"

He arched a dark eyebrow at me, his lips quirked up in one corner of his mouth. His mouth touched mine and my body reacted. Heat pooled in my belly, my extremities tingled, my head swam in the swarm of his masculinity. His tongue lapped at my lips, coaxing them open so he could lick inside my mouth. I moaned, snaking my fingers into his hair, pulling him closer to me. Sebastian wound an arm around my waist and pulled me against him. I gasped into his mouth.

He broke the kiss. "Oh, come now, Riley," he breathed into my hair. "Surely you're not afraid of that." He ground his hardness against my stomach and I stifled a groan. "It's nothing you haven't felt before."

"It...it didn't feel as big last time...in the dream."

"Being here, with you, changes things. Your scent...the smoothness of your skin," he sighed. "Dreams are funny things. Sometimes they exaggerate, and sometimes they do not do their subject justice. Your hair, for instance," he lifted a lock between his fingers. "It looked more brown in your dreams, but out here it's auburn. Your lips are rosier...your eyes are a lovely shade of green."

"Maybe it's the lighting," I whispered. "The dreams were always so dim."

He shrugged, still staring down at me.

"You know, maybe we should go...before we end up getting caught up here all day." It was a strong possibility with the way he was reacting to me.

He blinked in rapid succession as if I had brought him back to reality with my words. "Right, then. Much to do before I deflower you tonight," he grinned and gave my butt a firm swat.

"There's my boy," I sighed and smiled.

The last date of my life was dream-like. Sebastian was his normal self throughout the morning and into late afternoon. He asked me questions about my life and how it went before he came along; he wanted to know a lot about my past boyfriends.

"Obviously those didn't pan out too well if I'm out here with you," I told him as we walked hand in hand through the mall.

The collection of shops was filled with men running around, frantically, in their attempt to convince their female counterparts that they didn't forget the holiday.

"Just asking," he huffed.

After traipsing about the mall and laughing at the swarm of nervous, cursing men, Sebastian offered to take us back to his place.

"Already?" I asked, my voice higher than I intended.

He shook his head. "No, love. I made us a dinner reservation and I thought you might like some time to relax before...tonight. I can draw you a bath. But we don't have to if you don't want...if there's something wrong."

"No, no. There's nothing wrong. I just...there's so many sides to you. I never would've imagined you were so...I don't know." I laughed. "I thought you were just the type to drag me off to bed by my hair."

His lips quirked up in one corner. "Multifaceted, love. Don't worry, we'll get to that," his eyes heated as he looked down at me.

"Maybe we should hold off on the caveman sex, you know...with the whole," I crooked my index and middle finger over to resemble fangs and tapped my neck with them.

"Yes, that. It always comes down to the bite."

"I'm sorry," I sighed.

"Not your fault. Come, my house is not far." He pressed a button on a little, black remote and the lights to his Audi flicked on.

He drove us all the way to the Colfax town line, where there were no houses except for one I recognized. It belonged to him. It was an older Victorian home with trimmed ivy and hedged bushes. I was certain the rest of his yard was well-kept, too, but it was hard to decipher with the snow covering the ground.

I watched as he pressed his thumb to a keypad. The front door clicked open revealing a foyer that belonged on an episode of MTV Cribs. An oversized, golden chandelier hung from the ceiling, casting little dancing rainbows onto the white and gold tile of the floor. He placed his keys on a table that stood beneath an antique mirror.

"Just up this way," he took my hand and led me up a sweeping staircase.

"Your house is beautiful," I said as he led me through the upstairs rooms.

"Thank you. I'm glad you enjoy it." He led me toward a set of wooden, French doors. "My bedroom is through here," he said, pushing the doors open. The scene was similar to the last dream we shared. Rich, bold colors surrounded us as before, but I noticed the room had acquired a gold chandelier, a twin to the one I'd just seen in the foyer—but they couldn't be real gold, could it?

I followed him into the bedroom, eyeing the antique furniture and paintings on the walls. I wanted to say something smart-mouthed about this being the room where it all goes down, but Sebastian was fragile and I was still attempting to come to terms with this side of him. When I first met Sebastian, he was cocky, arrogant, and sexy as hell. He was still sexy, but he was a man grieving—grieving a loss that hadn't occurred yet.

Many losses would occur that night if the taking of my virginity did not go well. My parents would lose a daughter, Abby would lose a best friend; I would lose Sebastian and my own life. Sebastian would lose much of the same and become a full monster, losing his very essence. For that reason, we had to succeed. We had to make this night work for him.

"If you'll follow me this way, I can show you to the bath," Sebastian took my hand in his, leading me toward another set of French doors made of glass that had a gold trim with matching handles.

"You like this type of door."

He smiled. "I like grand entrances. It is my opinion that the French door allows for the best entrance."

I shook my head, smiling.

He pushed the doors open and led me through the bathroom. Everything in it was oversized: the double sinks, the jetted tub, the walk-in shower.

"My, how the other half live," I murmured.

"You'll live like this, too. You know...if things go..." he let the sentence trail off.

"They'll go fine. We will do just fine."

He closed his eyes and exhaled. "There are several types of bubble bath and girly scented stuff for you to choose from just there," he pointed to a glass table holding small and large vials of different shapes and colors. "Towels are in the linen closet, there."

Sebastian started the bath water and tended to the temperature as I stood behind him, watching his every move. The muscles in his back and arms flexed with every movement he made and I was transported back to the times we'd had sex—I wondered if his muscles moved the same way when he was pushing himself into me.

His voice snapped me out of my ogling. "Do you wish for me to choose your scents?" I could hear a hint of joking in his voice. He knew I was staring.

Damn those Shifter perks.

"No, I got it, thanks." I stuck my tongue out at his back.

I walked to the little table he pointed out to me and began to uncork the different scents. There were oils, perfumes, and bubbles; I had to wonder if he had these lying around for other female companions to use, or if he solely went to purchase them for me. I made note to ask him about it later.

I decided on some floral scents I felt went well together and dropped them into the running water. The bathroom became permeated with the sweet smells of lavender, freesia, sweet pea, rose petals, and something else I couldn't quite name.

"You chose one of my favorites."

"Which one?"

"The Rare Rose. It's exactly as it sounds. It was a rose so rare, it could only be found in certain parts of the world at very specific times and seasons. I took the pleasure of taking some and growing them here in my greenhouse. I made this particular oil myself, actually. And to answer your question, no, I did not have these lying around for other females to use. While I admit, in the past I was no saint in regards to the ladies, I have never brought another girl in this house—apart from Shifters that were already mated. I bought and made these when I found out I was matched to you."

"Oh," was all I could come up with for a response. Even though I thought the concern was genuine, I still felt foolish for even thinking Sebastian was that type of guy. Just because some of my past boyfriends were jerks didn't mean he would be.

He turned to knobs to the "off" position and stood. Closing the distance between us with a few lengthy strides, he stood before me and trailed his fingers down my cheek. His hand cradled the back of my head as he spoke. "If I would have known there was someone out there for me, that I would be destined to find my other half, there would have been no one else. But, my younger gypsy years...well.... As soon as Kemala told us we all would find our matches in the Skies, I swore off all other women. There is, and never will be, anyone else but you."

It felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head. "You were celibate for all those years?"

He nodded, his gaze not leaving mine. "Lots of masturbation. Especially when I found you. It took the edge off, but I was never fully sated." He gave me a heated stare before releasing me. "Your bath awaits." I watched as he exited the bathroom without a backward glace. He closed the doors and there was a snapping noise that caused me to jump.

Was he locking me in?

I heard Sebastian laugh through the doors.

"It's smart glass, Riley. No need to be afraid."

I placed a hand over my heart. Shit, I'm becoming Abby.

"Very funny," I shook my head. "I hope you feel better now, after laughing at me." It was the truth, though. I did want him to feel better, and not just in little spurts like he'd had today; but, I wanted him to be truly happy. I had to face the realization that that may never happen for Sebastian if things did not end well tonight.

I took my clothes off and climbed into the tub, closing my eyes and sinking deeper into the warm water. I had always loved baths, even as a child. My parents put a stop to them until I was old enough not to fall asleep in the tub anymore, though. I rarely took baths at the apartment because the bathing area was a little tight for my liking, and Abby was scared I'd slip, get a concussion, and drown. Sebastian's bathtub was just the right size and shape for the ultimate bathing experience. If this was to be my last bath, it would go down in my records as the best one I'd ever taken.

No, I told myself internally. You can't think that way. This won't be my last bath in this house! Maybe I'll even take one in the morning after everything is done. I'll pick a new batch of scents and I'll keep picking through them until I use them all!

I washed my body with care, knowing all of it would be exposed to someone else's eyes for the first time this very night. After draining the tub, I walked to the linen closet at the opposite end of the bathroom. My hand reached toward the handle but did not make it there. Sebastian was at my side in no time.