The Reluctant Journey Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Darlin92
Darlin92
797 Followers

She stood on a plush rug and finally looked up at him. He was staring at her intently; he looked fascinated. She clenched her teeth and gave her most mutinous glare.

"I want to know what happened." She ordered defiantly. It didn't matter to her that he was clearly in a position of power over her, as he had just exhibited. She would not lose herself. She wasn't a weak little girl and she had been done being unquestioningly obedient a long time ago.

"You didn't have enough?" He looked lividly at her.

"I want explanations. I deserve them." Thankfully she sounded stronger than she felt. Malia knew she wouldn't be able to handle another punishment like that so soon.

He crossed his arms and shook his head at her. "Fine little girl. You want a bedtime story, I'll give it to you." He motioned for her to return to the living room. He sat in the chair across from the couch and smirked as he motioned for her to sit on the couch. She sat gingerly, only wincing inwardly through incredible force of will. She would not give him the satisfaction of seeing her show any more signs of pain. She smirked back at him and he laughed.

"Alright, here's your story, but I have to warn you it's short. Tristan jumped into the lake after me. It was winter. He suffered severe hypothermia and lost his legs." He arched his eyebrows at her, daring her to question him. She knew instinctively that she wasn't going to get anything else out of him tonight. Why had he told her anything? He didn't have to.

"Okay." She said simply.

He looked at her like she'd grown a second head. "You continue to surprise."

"That's all I need to know for now. I've decided to help you in your insane ploy because a compromise between the two of us is the only way I see myself getting out of this. I will help Tristan and you will give me information."

"Oh will I?" Cain laughed. "Little girl, I told you your story because I admired your persistence. In no way are you in any position to make demands."

"I'm not making demands" she said softly, "I'm asking you to help me. In return I will put all of my effort into being whatever it is you want me to be for Tristan." She looked into his eyes and left all joking and power plays behind.

He looked at her seriously in return. "Tristan mentioned to me a while ago that he wanted a family, a wife and children. He was drunk and insists he wasn't speaking coherently, but I know he does want those things." He looked uncomfortable. "So you can see how me helping you get back into a unit would be counterproductive to my plan."

She nodded. "I understand that there's no going back. That's not what I'm asking for. I want my family back. You got me out, get them out too. I will marry your brother and bear him as many children as humanly possible."

His arched eyebrows pulled together. "You don't really have anything to bargain with."

"I'm bargaining with my cooperation. You don't expect Tristan to be happy if you force me to marry him and have his children do you? Would he even agree to that?"

"For spending a single day with my brother you claim to know him quite well." Cain challenged her.

"Like it or not you need my help." She insisted.

He smiled. "I'll keep it in mind."

"I'm going to need more than that." She commanded.

"Well that's all you're going to get." He replied angrily. "For now, it's going to have to be enough."

She looked into his dark eyes. She hated having to interpret if there was any truth there, but she didn't have a choice. She was going to have to trust this man who hadn't done a thing to earn her trust. Whether she liked it or not. "For now." Malia nodded.

Darlin92
Darlin92
797 Followers