The Rest of a Sad Story

Story Info
A possible followup to "My Beautiful Wife".
1.1k words
4
61.7k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Please read My Beautiful Wife before this story or it may not make much since.

*

I do not know if the story My Beautiful Wife by hopelesslydevoted is about the true story that I witnessed and was a part of but the extreme similarities to that night some time ago brought back some very difficult memories.

I was at the company Christmas at the Dorchester when everything happened with Andy and Jan. If she thought he was too drunk, she was wrong as the events that followed proved. In less than ten minutes from the time he watched her walk away Andy had relinquished his room and was back down talking with us. He had a few of us call friends to help. I drove him out to get James' dump truck while others gathered other vehicles. We all met at Andy's to begin the carnage.

Andy told everyone present that the place must be empty and stacked for the burning old memories bonfire by morning. He had arranged a place in the country for the bonfire. I for one was shocked. When he said lets get started everyone kind of froze looking at each other. He then made it clear he meant what he had said.

Andy clarified by saying all the clothes, furniture, pictures, curtains, linens, books, everything was to go. For three hours we loaded everything into trucks and hauled it all to the bonfire site. His clothes and personal items went in his car as he would be staying with me for a short time. Jan's belongings all went to the bonfire with the bed, furniture, pictures, and literally everything that was in the place. When Andy looked over the place one last time he said, "It looks so barren, exactly what I wanted."

After putting the finishing touches on building the bonfire Andy thanked all who had assisted and promised to repay us. As the others left he said we need some fuel. I drove back to my place and waited for Andy.

When he arrived he had two cases of camp stove fuel. He got on the computer and did some banking. At this point I knew we were close to no return and asked if he was sure this was what he wanted to do. The authorities are not going to take kindly his actions.

Andy's cold response showed a side of him I had never seen. Andy said, "She chose to humiliate me in front of all and probably took Jessica to her party as well. She made her choice and must now live with the options. By the end of today she will be free to do as she pleases but I will not have anything more to do with her after today."

We went and had breakfast as he waited for Jan to ring him since he had taken the baggage from the hotel and had not stayed there. I could not let him be alone in the situation he was in. I thought he might kill them both.

Some time after 10A.M. she rang him on his cell and asked where he was. He put the cell on speaker so I could listen.

Jan said, "Andy, where are you and why are you not here? We have been looking for you and they said you left last night."

(Andy) I had some things to attend to. Now, if you and your lover would care to attend a burning old memories bonfire you can join me at Jack's campground in the country. And if you choose not to attend then the envelope left at the hotel desk for you will say the rest.

(Jan) What do you mean say the rest?

(Andy) Go get the envelope and read for yourself.

Andy then hung up. He turned off his cell and said we had better go to the bonfire.

On the way to the bonfire I learned what was in the envelope. Andy had cut his wedding band in two and placed it in the envelope with a letter of farewell.

Jan, I loved you with my whole being and probably helped bring about the end by introducing you and Jessica. The final decision was however all yours. When you humiliated me in front of my co-workers and left me to be with Jessica it was your choice. I begged you not to go. When you said I would agree it was for the best I told you the truth. I do not think it was for the best but it is final. Hope you have a good life with your lover.

The flat is empty. Do not go back unless you want to see a place as barren as my heart. I am not going to divorce you because it would be a waste of money that is no longer there. I have closed all the accounts and given most of it to charity. I will be quitting my job and moving away if they will not transfer me. If you choose not to witness the fire to burn away all the memories, then do not call, and tell your lover to stay away from me. I do not have anything left to lose if I go out of control.

Your once loving fulfilled, now cold vengeful husband.

When we arrived at the bonfire Andy poured the fuel over the mess from the top down. After many long moments he took out a torch he had bought and lit the mess. Within minutes it was one huge blaze. Andy stood and watched it burn. When I turned and looked at him he looked more dead than alive. We stood and watched as that part of his life burned away. At one point I thought I saw someone drive by and stop, but could not see who it was. When all that was left was smoldering ash Andy drove to give Jack cleanup money and we went back to my place.

True to his word Andy did quit his job and moved. He was gone before the new year began. As he loaded his car to drive away his only parting comments were thanks and that if I needed to reach him call his cell. He did say that he would only be turning it on once per day.

I stayed with the company but really had nothing to do with Jessica ever again. I have no idea what happened to either Jan or Jessica but I know that Andy never divorced Jan. Andy moved on with his life but never again has gotten close to marrying. The last we talked he said he would have to see Jan again to divorce her and he will not do that ever.

As a word of advice from someone who has witnessed the lows in life, be very careful assuming how someone will react to change. You may think you know them only to find a very different person be awakened at the change.