The Resurrection

Story Info
A rewrite of one of the "Three Times Cheat" stories.
804 words
4
60.6k
33
39
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
hansbwl
hansbwl
598 Followers

I thought this might be a fitting Easter story.

*****

I won't say that there was trouble in paradise; that's taking it too far. However, there was something amiss between my wife and I. Could it be the seven-year itch?

I do as best as I can. I send flowers on Valentine's Day. I give her a thoughtful present on her birthday. I have not forgotten an anniversary yet! I tell her every day that I love her. Still, I have a distinct feeling not all is well between us.

I have talked to her about it, but she seems to be ignoring any signals of us drifting apart. She claims all is well. She is happy, so I had better be too.

One day, I told her that I would like to have children and complete our family. I thought, maybe everything will fall into place and we will be happy. I really wanted this.

"Of course we will have children, at least two, but not yet," she said.

No, we did not argue, we didn't even have a serious discussion about it; she just shut it down with a charming smile and a kiss.

She is a good cook, and she usually does the cooking. I can handle a frying pan fairly well myself. One Saturday I tried my best to get in good graces with her and told her I would make a good evening meal for us. She was very pleased, of course, and I can truly say it was a very pleasant evening. I bought a bouquet of red tulips for the table, found a superb bottle of Bordeaux, and served a juicy tender entrecote (done rare, as she preferred), along with baked potatoes doused in garlic butter.

Later, we retired to the bedroom and made love for hours. Figuratively, of course, try as I might I could not get it up more than twice. Nevertheless, it was truly a perfect evening and I thought we were back on track.

A few days later, the memory of the glorious Saturday seemed to crumble away and we were back to square one.

Then one day my wife told me she had agreed to join her friend Kelly for a week to Aruba. According to her, Kelly, who is a farmer's wife outside town, needed to get away for a few days and she wanted someone to accompany her.

Kelly was a decent person. I liked her well enough, but her husband was a pain in the ass, so we never socialized. I did not object to her proposal and offered to drive her to the airport. She told me not to bother. It was a night flight; she would take her car and pick up Kelly on the way. They would leave next Saturday in the late evening, spend a week, and return early that Sunday morning.

She phoned briefly Sunday afternoon, letting me know that she and Kelly had settled nicely into the hotel.

On Monday and Tuesday evening, she talked all about how she and Kelly spent the entire time soaking up the sun. On Wednesday afternoon, Kelly's husband called and asked for my wife. Confused, I told him she was on holiday this week.

"Since your wife was Kelly's best friend," he said, "I thought it would be best that I called to give her the news, before she read about it in the paper."

"What's the news?" I asked.

"Kelly was killed in a car crash yesterday afternoon," he said, softly.

Before I could summon myself from the shock and stammer my condolences, he cut the call.

My wife continued her evening calls, telling me what she and Kelly were doing and how they enjoyed themselves. Friday, she even told me how she looked forward to seeing me Sunday morning.

The next couple of days passed. I went to bed Saturday night without hearing from my wife.

She must have arrived very late. When I woke up Sunday morning, she was fast asleep next to me in the bed. I crept out of bed, went downstairs, and made a nice breakfast for her, which I served on a tray when she woke up.

She thanked me and told me she was happy to be home.

I asked her, "Was Rupert happy to see Kelly back?"

"Yes he was, as usual he was up very early and was very happy to see her," she replied.

"Of course, her resurrection must have pleased him greatly," I said.

"Her resurrection? What do you mean?" she queried.

"Well, Rupert must have been extremely relieved, because he called here on Wednesday and told me Kelly died in a car crash on Tuesday afternoon."

My wife choked on her breakfast and went white.

The End

*****

Thank you Cheer_Smartie526, for your editing.

hansbwl
hansbwl
598 Followers