The Retrieval... Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
loverofFUN
loverofFUN
1,070 Followers

"Give me just a minute or two," Jules told her even though she was still breathing heavily.

"For what?"

"For you," Jules grinned and ran her hand up and down Leah's muscular flank. "Your turn."

"That's okay," Leah grinned back. "I'm good."

"What do you mean you're good?"

"I wanted that to be about you," Leah said simply.

"Aw, come on," Jules insisted. "Let me make you cum."

Instead of answering, Leah reached up to tenderly push a lock of auburn hair behind Jules's ear. She smiled at the redhead like she wanted to say something, but chose to pull Jules closer and then softly kiss her. Jules was a little caught off guard. This kiss was so different than any of the others they had shared. It wasn't about passion or exploration and held none of the promise of something more to come. It felt very tender and emotional.

Leah ended the kiss and then looked into the redhead's eyes. There was a sparkle within the depths of those startling blue eyes that Jules had either never noticed before or was new. Leah kissed Jules again quickly on the cheek before bouncing out of the bed. The tall blonde seemed full of energy as she announced she was going to take a shower. Jules just lay on the bed in a state of shock.

The kiss...that look...had been unexpected.

****

"Are you hungry?" Leah asked hopefully when Jules finally emerged from the bathroom wearing one towel wrapped around her body and another wrapped around her hair turban style. As soon as Leah had finished in the shower, she had quickly gotten dressed and went out while Jules took her turn in the bathroom.

"Famished," Jules smiled and walked over to sit down next to Leah at the cheap formica table. The blonde began pulling greasy cheeseburgers, fries and onion rings out of a paper bag and Jules couldn't help but chuckle.

"What?"

"Nothing," Jules teased her. "I was just wondering if you're allergic to salads or something."

"Not at all," Leah disagreed and pulled the top off of her burger and pointed dramatically to the single piece of wilted lettuce that was buried under a couple pieces of bacon and stuck to the melted cheese. "See? Salad."

This caused both women to laugh. Jules was trying to get used to this new side of Leah. The blonde seemed much more relaxed and outgoing this morning. It made her come across as much less intimidating. They shared the secret smile of lovers who had toe-curling sex and then focused on the serious task of thoroughly enjoying all of the fat, carbs and calories lying on the table before them. They ate mostly in silence. Jules was doing everything she could not to think about what was waiting for them in DC when a random thought suddenly popped into her head.

"So tell me something," Jules said before taking a bite of an onion ring. "What was so funny back at the diner?"

Leah shrugged as she chewed on some cheeseburger. "I don't remember."

"Bullshit," Jules grinned with her mouth full and waited until she swallowed before continuing. "I'm pretty sure you don't forget much of anything. Come on...tell me."

"I just had a thought that struck me as funny," Leah finally explained.

"So tell me what it was."

"It was no big deal," Leah took a long drink of her chocolate milkshake. "It was actually kind of stupid."

"So just tell me already."

"Alright, fine" Leah finally agreed. "As you were enlightening me to your current predicament and made sure to include all that stuff about those women you had been with, it just kind of occurred to me that you had fucked your way into being fucked."

Jules raised her eyebrows and sat back in her chair. She looked at Leah as an embarrassed smile tugged at the corners of her mouth. "Really?"

"Like I said," Leah shrugged regretfully. "It was stupid. It was just something that struck me as funny at the time."

"Oh, I get it," Jules nodded in exaggerated appreciation. "I can see how it was funny."

"Yeah, you seem real amused."

"No, it's not that," Jules slowly explained. "I thought I was just telling you what happened...I didn't mean it to come across as bragging or anything."

"Yes, you did," Leah snorted a laugh. "You were totally bragging."

"No, I wasn't," Jules defended herself. "Seriously, I was just trying to give you the whole picture."

"Really?" Leah rolled her eyes. "You felt like I needed to know that your life is like the forum of Penthouse?"

"No, that's not what I meant," Jules went on. "I guess I wanted you to know what you were dealing with...that it was personal."

"Is that what that was?" Leah asked in an innocently high tone of voice.

"Yes, it was," Jules agreed absently as she suddenly realized that she had a silly smile on her face. She had been thinking that the blonde's subtle southern drawl was one of the cutest things she'd ever heard and she found it really attractive. Wait...what? Where in the world did that sappy thought come from?

"You're so full of shit," Leah added with another chuckle and a shake of her head.

"I am so not," Jules argued. "Why would I lie?"

Leah fixed her with a hard look with one eyebrow raised, but said nothing.

"What?" Jules insisted, feeling self-conscious. "At the time, it made sense."

"I know," Leah finally giggled and popped the last fry into her mouth. "I'm really just teasing you."

"You are?" Jules asked doubtfully.

"I was," Leah grinned.

"Ugh! You were making feel bad," Jules frowned in mock anger. "You suck so bad right now!"

"I know," Leah agreed and was rather proud of herself for getting Jules to talk and focus on anything but DC. She decided to try and get her to keep going. "So when did you know?"

"Know what?"

"You know," Leah looked at her like it was obvious.

"What?" Jules stopped just as she was about to take her last bite of cheeseburger and raised her eyebrows.

"That you were a lesbian."

"Oh...I'm not a lesbian."

"Huh?" Leah was confused, but then suddenly nodded in recognition. "Ahhhh...I get it. You date both men and women. You're bi."

"No," Jules disagreed. "I'm not bi...I mean I don't really date, but you know. Just women."

"Just women?" Leah looked at Jules suspiciously like the redhead had to be getting back at her. "But you're not a lesbian?"

"That is correct," Jules nodded in agreement.

"So you're saying that you are not gay?"

"Yes," Jules agreed and then looked thoughtful as she sucked on the straw of her milkshake. Finally she set the cup down and responded. "Yes, as in no, I'm not gay."

Leah suddenly laughed out loud at that, a full on belly laugh.

"What's so funny?"

"What...you...said..." Leah managed to say between laughs.

"Why is that funny?"

Leah couldn't respond as she doubled over holding her stomach in uncontrollable laughter.

"Hey, I'm serious," Jules tried to explain. "Stop laughing at me."

"My...goodness...," Leah continued with tears streaming down her cheeks. When she was finally able to breathe, she stopped laughing long enough to ask, "Do you even realize what you just said?"

"What?" Jules asked and then quickly added, "I mean, yes I know what I said, what about it?"

"Seriously?" Leah asked as she continued to giggle intermittently. "I mean, you're not interested in men. You only go out with women...and then we...Last night. And this morning...but - you're not a lesbian?"

"Well," Jules scowled in thought. "No. I'm not."

"Wait," Leah said and stopped giggling as the humor quickly began to fade. She caught her breath and sat up straighter. "You're being serious."

Jules thought this was the perfect time to open up and just be honest. Instead, she went ahead and said, "Damn right, I'm serious."

"And how exactly does that compute?"

"I guess," Jules started to explain as she picked at the remains of her sandwich. "Well, it's just sex to me."

"Excuse me?" Leah could hardly believe her ears. "It's just sex?"

"What do you want me to say? I really like sex," Jules stared at the table. "And I...like sex with women."

"That's actually..." Leah struggled to find the right words. "...really fucked up."

"I don't think it's fucked up at all," Jules shot back defensively. Deep down, a big part of her knew that was far from being the truth, but for some reason that fear she had felt last night had complete control of her mouth right now. "I look at it as just being practical."

"Practical?" Leah pursed her lips as she tried to hide the fact that her feelings were deeply hurt right now. "So let me get this straight - it's just about sex for you then? Nothing else?"

"Yeah, pretty much," Jules confirmed, but found it hard to look Leah in the face. "I guess I'm just an in-the-moment kind of girl, ya know?"

"No, I don't know," Leah replied stiffly and stood up. She started to clean up the remains of their meal. "I actually have no idea what that means."

"What's wrong?" Jules asked quietly and even though she already knew the answer, she asked the question anyway. "Why are you upset with me?"

"Nothing's wrong," Leah replied quickly and continued cleaning up. "I'm not upset."

"You obviously are," Jules insisted.

"Just drop it," Leah stood up tall and warned her quietly without looking at her. Suddenly that aura of the fierce, intimidating person Jules had first met was firmly back in place. "We need to get going."

Without another word, Jules got up and went into the bathroom to get dressed.

****

After checking out of the motel, the two women loaded up the SUV and began the four hour trip to DC. Leah drove and except for the occasional comment or question about directions, they listened to the radio and traveled in silence. Jules started to speak up at least six different times - to explain...to apologize...to try and make things right, but couldn't seem to find the words. She knew she needed to try and make Leah understand what she had meant and why she had said what she said...she just didn't know how.

Leah drove east on Interstate 68 and a few hours later finally got them headed south on Interstate 270. Traffic got heavier as they got closer and closer to the capital. Leah tersely explained that once they got into DC proper, they were going to need to ditch the vehicle. Jules just nodded her head obediently and didn't ask why and Leah offered no further explanation. As Leah cautiously drove through the District of Columbia, Jules stared out of the passenger window miserably wishing she could somehow go back and get a do-over of this morning in the motel.

The tall blonde found a hotel she was vaguely familiar with and pulled into The Dupont Circle Hotel parking garage. She drove slowly around, hunting for just the right spot. She finally found one deep in a corner that was about as inconspicuous as they were going to get and backed the SUV into it. She left it idling. She hesitated for a moment and then explained what they were doing without looking at Jules.

"We can't drive around in this traffic with any expectation of being as mobile as we might need to be. No one will notice the Jeep for a few hours or even until tomorrow, so we might get lucky if we need it again. For now, we either walk or take a cab."

"Okay," Jules nodded her understanding.

Leah shut the engine off and took the key out of the ignition. Once they were out, Leah waited for Jules to walk around to the driver's side. Leah held the key up so Jules could see it and then placed it under the driver's side rear wheel well. She looked back at Jules with a serious expression. "Just in case."

Jules nodded again. She looked scared.

Leah nodded back. "Let's go."

Jules silently followed her traveling companion out of the parking garage and around to the front of the hotel. Leah stopped walking and looked up and down the street. "You're going to need to call Atwood and find out for sure when he's going to be in his office."

"Okay," Jules nodded wide-eyed and just stood there waiting for Leah to tell her what to do.

Leah turned around and looked at the entrance to the hotel. She pursed her lips in thought and then moved closer to talk quietly. "I want you to use the hotel's phone, but you'll need a little privacy."

"How do I do that?"

"It's been a few years since I was here," Leah squinted her eyes as she recalled, "so I don't know if the house phone will be where it used to be or if it will allow you to call out without a room number...so you'll have to go to the front desk."

"What am I supposed to say?"

"Act like you're in a hurry," Leah explained in a low voice as she casually looked around. "Demand the use of a phone like you're an important guest. Toss out there that you've lost your cell phone and don't have time for all this."

"I need to act rude?" Jules asked doubtfully.

"Yeah, a little bit," Leah confirmed. "But not so much that they won't help you."

"So just a little rude?"

"Yeah, a little bit," Leah nodded. "More hey-I'm-a-guest-and-I'm-really-in-a-hurry bitch rather than I'm-just-a-bitch-all-the-time bitch."

"Alright," Jules replied and gave Leah a funny look at the choice of words. "I guess I can do that."

"You'll do just fine," Leah said neutrally, but allowed herself to childishly enjoy the dig a little anyways.

"Uh-huh," Jules scowled at her and walked towards the lobby doors.

Leah turned around and watched the street for a couple of minutes and then Jules was back standing beside her. Jules didn't say anything as she started buttoning up her shirt with a satisfied smirk on her face. Leah looked down at the generous cleavage until it disappeared behind the material of the woman's blouse and then moved her eyes back up to Jules's face.

"Well?"

"Piece of cake," Jules replied with more confidence than she actually felt. "College kid couldn't take his eyes off my chest, so I played it up a little and he let me use the phone. No problem."

"I guess whatever works," Leah said dismissively. "Did you get hold of your boss?"

"Technically he's not my boss anymore and no, he was in a meeting," Jules sighed. "I didn't know if it would be too suspicious to ask about his schedule or not, so I didn't."

"But he's on site?"

"I...I think so," Jules frowned. "I mean, his secretary didn't say where the meeting was or anything, but I assume it was in the building."

"We can't work off an assumption, Jules," Leah sighed heavily. Jules realized that was the first time Leah had spoken her name since they'd left the motel earlier that morning. "We'll have to wait an hour or so and then you can try calling again."

"I'm sorry, Leah," Jules replied quietly. "I should have asked."

"It's no big deal," Leah shrugged it off. She looked across at the street at the café on Connecticut Avenue and dipped her chin at it. "We can wait over there."

****

Sitting on a secluded lot in Falls Church, VA was a thirty thousand square foot home that was more reminiscent of a hunting lodge rather than a mansion. The lodge-like structure was specifically designed by the owner to be the ultimate in luxury, comfort and convenience while maintaining that authentically rustic feel. The athletic looking man with the thick neck and squinty eyes standing next to the Land Rover out front thought it looked like a log cabin on steroids. He looked down as the cell phone in his hand vibrated.

He answered it with a simple greeting and listened intently to what was being said.

He was dressed in a white golf shirt, khakis and hiking boots and topped the outfit off with a navy blue sport coat that was tailored so the bulge of the sidearm on his hip wasn't easily visible. The owner of the house liked his staff to be dressed appropriately when he was entertaining. Another man dressed the same way stood beside him. They not only dressed alike, but the second man was similar enough in build and demeanor that with some hair dye he could have been the first man's stunt double. The second man stood with his hands on his hips watching his co-worker do nothing but stand very still as he held the phone to his ear.

The man on the phone finally nodded his chin once and replied, "Roger that."

The second man looked at his co-worker expectantly.

"We caught a break," the first man announced as he reached for the passenger side door handle of the Land Rover. The second man circled around the front of the vehicle to the driver's side. They closed their doors virtually at the same time.

"Heading?" the second man asked as he turned the key in the SUV's ignition. Without waiting for directions he put the car in gear and smoothly maneuvered his way through all of the other luxury cars and SUV's that lined the circular drive in front of the mansion. Once clear, he quickly began accelerating down the steep, winding drive.

"Dupont Circle Hotel," the first man nodded grimly as they pulled away from the log-cabin mansion.

****

Jules and Leah followed the waiter outside to the patio area and took a seat at their table.

The table was under the shade of a large umbrella and the chairs were comfortable enough. It also offered them a good view of the street and surrounding shops. They waiter took their order and disappeared. They simply sat and waited in silence. In a few minutes he reappeared with a full pot of coffee, a pair of mugs and a small plate of scones. They sat and drank coffee for a while. They each nibbled on a scone and drank some more coffee. Thirty minutes later they were finished with the tasty treats, so they sat and watched the street and sipped more coffee. They basically sat and avoided looking at each other until Jules finally set her coffee cup down with a clatter and sighed loudly.

"Please talk to me."

"What about?" Leah asked flatly as her eyes continued to scan the streets.

"Come on, Leah," Jules implored.

"Come on what?" Leah said a little more tensely than she meant to. She closed her eyes for a moment and then cleared her throat. "Look, I'll get you to Atwood's office safely, just like I said I would."

"And...that's it?" Jules asked.

"Yeah," Leah replied slowly. "That's it."

"What about..." Jules started to say and stopped.

Leah had suddenly sat up a little straighter and put her coffee cup down. The blonde's eyes narrowed a little as she stared at a dark Land Rover that pulled up in front of the hotel across the street. The hotel Jules had made the call from. She watched an athletic looking man with close-cropped hair get out of the SUV and walk into the lobby of the hotel with his head on a swivel. She immediately noticed the bulge under his jacket and knew it was a gun on his hip. She was all too familiar with the type. Not good.

"What is it?"

"Come on," Leah stood up and dropped a twenty on the table. She watched as another man got out of the Land Rover. Damn. Same type of guy as the first one, fit, short hair and paying attention to his surroundings. He stood by the vehicle and started scanning the streets and nearby shops. Leah's movements were deliberate and casual so she hopefully wouldn't draw the man's attention. She waited for Jules to stand up before turning and walking calmly towards the main door that led to the interior of the café.

"What is it?" Jules whispered to her nervously.

"Just keep moving," Leah told her reassuringly. "Everything's going to be fine."

Jules was about to ask something else when Leah's hand found her elbow and she steered Jules away from the front entrance and through one of the nearby doors that said 'Employees Only'. Leah took the lead as they walked through a service area and then on back into the kitchen. They got some strange looks, but no one seemed too interested in questioning the tall blonde woman who was moving with such determination.

Leah spotted a rear entrance that looked like it was used for receiving incoming shipments. She let Jules get in front of her and directed the redhead towards it. They maneuvered their way around boxes of produce and fifty pound bags of coffee beans. Jules kept nervously looking over her shoulder to make sure Leah was behind her. At the door, Leah stepped in front of Jules and hit the push bar and held the door open while she turned her head and did a quick check behind them. So far, so good. She stepped out behind Jules and nearly ran into the back of the redhead.

loverofFUN
loverofFUN
1,070 Followers