The Ride

Story Info
A romantic afternoon on horseback.
1.1k words
4.59
10.8k
3
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It is a beautiful Saturday morning as she packs them a picnic lunch and a bottle of sweet wine while her lover saddles their horses out in the barn. The sun is shining and a few wisps of cloud drift slowly through the summer sky, catching on the mountains like stretched cotton candy. The birds are singing and the breeze carries the sweetness of hay and roses through the house.

Their children are all visiting the various grandparents this weekend so they have two days of precious time alone to themselves and they plan to make the most of this unfortunately rare event.

She walks out onto the porch, picnic basket in hand, as he leads their favorite horses, a roan mare, and a dappled stallion to the porch. He ties the basket to her saddle, gives her a long kiss, and tells her how beautiful she looks before helping her up on her mount. As they ride past the garden, she stops to pick some fresh strawberries and he cuts some of the special pink roses he grows only for his love.

Crossing the stream, they turn north and ride slowly, side by side into the forest, two carefree lovers enjoying the dappled shade and soft summer breezes sighing through the pines and ruffling the aspens. The majestic mountains form the perfect backdrop to a picture postcard day and the sky is a deep blue only God could have painted.

Playfully, he leans over and, giving his lover a quick kiss, spurs his horse, and gallops away toward the pass between the rolling hills, whooping, and hollering like an Indian on the warpath.

Urging her horse onward, she follows his trail, yelling after him and riding hard until she catches up and passes him. She stops, reining her horse sideways to block the path.

He reigns in his horse and sidles up beside her, a rose extended forward like a trophy. She triumphantly takes the rose, head held high, eyes flashing, daring him to say something, anything at all.

Grinning like a little boy, he leans forward to whisper in her ear. She blushes and looks slyly at him from under her hat brim as they turn and continue down the trail together.

After a couple of miles, they turn down a side trail leading down a narrow draw into a small box canyon where they come on picnics and outings with their children. A clear blue pond shimmers in the afternoon sun, fed by a small waterfall at the far end of the secluded canyon. Fragrant grasses and small fruit trees flourish in this small pocket of heaven, known only to them and a few others.

Dismounting, they walk, hand in hand, leading the horses. At the edge of the pond, they water their mounts, and then hobble them to graze on the sweet grasses.

They walk on to the base of the falls where he spreads the blanket and puts the wine bottle into the waterfall to cool as she puts the basket in the shade of a rock. They sit down next to each other on the blanket to rest and talk for a while, reminiscing.

Soon the talk turns to kisses, and they lay back, her head on his chest as he strokes her hair and back. She looks up at him with loving eyes and he pulls her up to kiss her, long and tenderly.

Breaking off she smiles mischievously and sits up, pulling her boots off. Slyly she winks at her lover then turns away and undoes her blouse. He rises up on his elbows in interest as she stands, quickly shucks off her jeans, and dives into the pond with a laugh. He watches, fascinated as she surfaces, smoothing her long wet hair back and calling him to come in.

Playfully he fakes a yawn, waves his hand dismissively, and lies back down, pulling his hat over his eyes just in time to receive a dowsing of water. Springing to his feet with a yell, he pulls off his wet clothes and dives in after her. Laughing and splashing, they chase each other around the pond until he catches her and takes her in his arms. They embrace each other, caressing and kissing until she starts to shiver in the cool water.

The two lovers climb out onto a large sun warmed rock and their embrace becomes more and more passionate until they cry out and hold each other close, bodies drying in the warm sun. Afterwards, they lie together on the blanket feeding each other tidbits and drinking the wine accompanied by soft kisses and caresses, the drone of bees buzzing, punctuating the stillness. Finished with their meal, they lie together holding each other, gazing into each other's eyes as they whisper tender words and render each other lazy caresses until they doze.

Awakened by a cool breeze, he looks down and whispers something as he gently kisses her smiling face. She stirs, stretching lazily and snuggles into his chest. He reaches down and pulls the blanket over them as they cuddle together. He strokes her hair and lightly kisses her forehead as she runs her hands across his chest and side, making soft sounds of contentment. She opens her eyes and moves up against him until they are one again. They move together as the cool evening breeze raises dimples on their flushed skin, their rhythm as old as life itself, increasing to an exquisite crescendo, and deliciously lingering as their breathing slows and they hold each other close.

As dusk covers the canyon rim, they gather their things and ride slowly home side by side, holding hands with the last of his roses, still fresh, held closely in her lap.

Night is falling as they enter the gate and he takes the horses back to the barn while she lights the lights and sets the kettle on the stove. When he comes in from the barn, they snuggle together on the porch swing with some hot tea singing soft love songs together. As a million stars slowly reveal themselves in the clear night sky, they go up to bed, their house uncharacteristically, but peacefully quiet, with only crickets, night birds, and a distant coyote's howl to disturb the silence.

After a hot shower together to wash away the days dust, they sit together by the fireplace, as their passion kindles anew. Their kisses and caresses become more urgent until they join together to quench their ardor one more time, softly calling each other's name, stroking, kissing, and hugging as their racing hearts slow.

Gently he gathers his love in his arms and carries her to their bed where they hold each other tenderly as sleep takes them softly into the night, a perfect end to a perfect day.