The Rightful Heir

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

His voice was weary beyond his appearance in years as he spoke. "The blade was silver, it is poisoning me but it matters not. I have failed you, my life is little payment for my sins. I pray your forgiveness."

"You need help, I'm going to get you help," as I tried to stand but his one good arm took hold of mine, pulling me down.

He shook his head slowly, his eyes fighting to stay open, his voice barely a whisper as I heard, "Day has come Lilith, it no longer welcomes you. To step into the light will mean your demise and my life will have been wasted. Night is your only ally now and you will use it to find a safe haven, a refuge and you will go on for you are destined for greatness. I only wish I had been able to tell you more," as his head slumped to his chest and I felt tears threaten to fall.

I stood, looking around, seeing his cloak as I rummaged through it, finding money, wadded up bills though there weren't many as I flung open the closet, clothing as if from another time to be seen. A poets shirt which I pulled from its hanger, a pair of leather pants which I donned, using the belt to cinch them tight. I saw a door, and moved to open it. On the other side, a set of stairs leading upwards which I took, remembering his words.

When the stairs ended they did so to an exit, my hands shaking as I turned the knob. The door silently opened, the first light of day appearing as I extended a single hand, my eyes closing, wondering what would happen. If my skin would burn, the sun possibly removing me from this existence but all I felt was warmth.

A tentative step, and then another until I stood in the light, my body still unharmed, my fingers played through my hair, trying to pull it down and hide the marks which I felt on my neck. I looked to see the building I had been in was an old, abandoned warehouse, but luckily one that had been built within a neighborhood which offered the allure of neon. I stepped toward it. Seeking what? I wasn't quite sure.

It was one of those modern day havens An open-all-hours store beckoned and as I stepped inside, I must have been quite a sight. My body and hair had gone unwashed for a week though luckily there was little company: only the single, bored clerk standing by her register as I made my way toward the pharmacy area. I pulled down bandaging, tape, hydrogen peroxide, and though I looked for some sort of scalpel, there was nothing to be found.

Looking up, I saw the sign for sporting goods and there I found a knife, the blade looking to be adequate for what my mind seemed to think was required. I also grabbed a pair of fishing pliers, my body moving seemingly on its own, pulling down a pack of disposal lighters unaware that my senses had grown, that I would need them in some way.

I had yet another reminder that I was no longer the woman I had been when I caught the scent of the cashier as she moved slowly to assist me, her eyes a bit wary as she took me in. I closed my eyes and I could smell her, I could hear her heartbeat, it was steady but it grew in intensity as she drew closer.

Opening my eyes, I could see the fear in hers. It caused my pulse to race, the promise of a fresh offering as I licked my lips for a moment only to shake my head, like a dog trying to remove the water from its fur, trying to hold on to my humanity. I was unsure but I felt an urge, a calling and as she reached for my first item, I took her hand, the fear in her eyes quickly replaced by a calmness as I spoke.

"You have nothing to fear from me, I am simply here because I require these items. When I am gone, you will have no memory of me having been here, you will remember nothing is that clear?"

Her voice was like a song, speaking softly, "Yes Mistress, it is clear."

I heard what she called me but had no idea of the meaning as she took the items, put them in a bag and presented it to me. Her eyes remained calm, yet there was a yearning in them, and it reflected in her voice. "Please Mistress, tell me how I might serve you?"

Her eyes begged, her voice pleading as I stood there. It would have been so easy, she had offered me her life, she wanted me to embrace it with my own but I knew in my heart she did so because of my touch. I had only wanted to calm her fears but instead I had implanted a seed, a need to be as I was. Anyway that I looked at it, she had not offered freely, I had spoke for her and I couldn't live with that.

"You may serve me girl by doing as I have instructed. Now, you will close your eyes and in one minutes time you will open them and it will be like I was never here. You will obey me, do so now."

There wasn't a moments hesitation, her eyes falling shut as I took the bag, running from the store and I didn't stop until I was back at the warehouse. I flew down the steps, finding him still in the same position as I dumped out the contents and went to work. It never dawned on me that I should have done as he had said, to leave and find another path. I couldn't take that step knowing that he had given his life for me.

It took sometime for me to prepare, having used the flame from the lighters to sterilize the blade but my patient did not complain. He simply lay there, the normal sign of a chest rising and falling with a breath no longer the comparison I could use. I had to trust in my instinct and they told me, do this or he will die. By the time I was done, his shirt was soaked in the blood but the blade lay on the ground. The wound having been cleaned and dressed as his head hung lifelessly and I had no idea how much time had passed. There was little to do but wait.

I'm not sure but I fell asleep sometime and when I awoke it was to a welcome sight. He looked weary but his smile warmed my heart as he spoke softly saying, "You saved me, M'lady. How, how did you do it?" I told him about my journey into the world and his eyes sparked, his look that of a man in shock as it was his turn to shake his head, to try and clear it. He tried to stand but in the end, I had to help as we made our way to the bed and with a sigh he laid down.

His voice was warm, his eyes the same as he said, "We have much to discuss, M'lady but we need to take care of a single matter first and it will not be easy. You have to trust me. Will you honor me by doing so?" The confusion must have shown on my face as he said, "Your eyes are turning darker, you have not fed and you must. You are like a newborn. You require more sustenance than one like myself."

I shook my head from side to side but he didn't stop. "Lilith, listen to me. You will die. The death will be more painful than any you could imagine in your worst of dreams if you do not partake. I can give you what you require, though with everything in our world, there is a price to be paid." He reached up his hand and stroked my face, his blue eyes taking in mine as he forced a smile saying, "I give this gift freely, it is mine to offer and I know you will not leave me unfulfilled."

He gently pulled me down, my mouth finding his neck and my senses took control. I could feel the pulsing of the artery and I was overwhelmed as I bit down, a sigh escaping his lips as I closed my eyes and drank. I would learn later what it meant. The price I would not pay, another would, but for now I needed this; I wanted this. I drank until my body told me enough and when I stopped, I ripped the clothes from my body, another thirst needing to be quenched.

His arousal was evident and I wasted no time, straddling him, impaling him in my desire. I screamed as the first orgasm washed over me, waves of passion beyond description. As one ended, the next began and I drank from it as I had from him. Time passing, pleasuring flowing like a rushing river until finally I felt his body tremble and I smiled as he filled me. A second gift which I welcomed as I had the first.

I let my head fall to his chest, his one good arm enveloping me as I closed my eyes, drifting, enjoying the moment, sated beyond belief. It was his voice that broke the silence, one tinged with a bit of sadness. "I need to speak dear lady and I fear some of the words shall not find favor with you."

I lifted my head, but he turned his away, not letting his eyes fall on mine as I stopped. "Why, why won't you look at me?"

He took a deep breath, before he continued. "If I had told you, you would not have done as you did. I will speak but you must make me a promise. You must swear that when you are ready, you will do what is needed, you will leave my sight, if only for a brief while. Do you vow this to me?"

I nodded my agreement and he caught the movement, closing his eyes before moving his head slowly. This time when his blue eyes looked into my brown ones, they quickly grew calm, his voice filled with emotion as he spoke, "How may I serve you my Mistress?"

My eyes opened wide, though his face showed no emotion, simply a blank canvas as he awaited my words, my command. It was like what had happened in the store yet somehow I sensed there was far more to this, than the one minute I had commanded of her. I tried to calm, to allow my voice to speak freely but it wasn't easy. "What is your name Sir?"

"I am Michael, Mistress. I am at your command."

I bit down on my bottom lip, trying to think, trying to understand. I had so many questions and perhaps this might be how I would have my answers. He had spoken the truth, I did not find favor in some of the things he was telling me.

"By whose order do you serve me, Michael? You will tell me everything."

His face showed no emotion, but his words made up for it as I listened carefully. "When you fed from me, you took what was once called among royalty, the 'passion'. I freely gave you my gift and in doing so I also gave you my service, from that moment forth for all eternity. The 'passion' for the most powerful of our kind, feeds you physically, mentally and emotionally. That is why you were overcome with desire, it must now be fed as your body is, both frequently, since you are now evolving."

I shivered at the prospect, my body beginning to tingle again. "You say this 'passion' only affects royalty yet it affected me? How is this so?"

"The two humans who you grew up with were your protectors. You were born to a vampire and his human consort- your mother. Your father was what we call, a Master Vampire, a ruler of all who have walked this earth for centuries. He was a good man, who kept the peace between all of the various clans which stretch across one continent to the next. You were his daughter, you are his heir. He was killed trying to protect you and your mother, as was I."

I looked into his vacant eyes, trying to grasp what I had just heard. His tale shed new light on the darkness I had witnessed. "For generation after generation my family had served your father. I was human, a follower of your fathers when you were born. I was twenty five years of age when I swore my allegiance to him. I believed in the path he sought and when Tomas and his followers stormed your fathers' home, I fought alongside him but to no avail. It was Tomas who made him watch as he turned me, taking my life and leaving me with an unfulfilled promise."

Tears filled my eyes as he continued, "Tomas knew of the child, knew you could someday rule, but after he killed your father, your mother was the only link remaining. He took her after he slaughtered the remaining and for years she would not speak. The pain he forced her to endure would have broken many, it did not break her. She was like you, she cursed him with every breath she took until as her years grew long and her time on this earth was short, she could endure no more. She died and she took her last breath with you to carry her to peace. I had watched over you from afar, fearful my presence would arouse his suspicions but when he struck, I had to act."

The tears now feel unabated, my voice faltered, "Who...am I?"

For a brief moment I saw his eyes falter, as if fighting but the spell was too strong as he replied. "You are Lilith, daughter of Rebecca, child of Alexander and you...are our Queen."

I sat in stunned disbelief but somehow I sensed he couldn't have lied if he wanted to. He was sworn to serve. I slowly stood up and walked out the door. I needed some time to think. The door opened to a set of stairs and I climbed a couple, sat down and looked out over the weed-choked parking lot beside the warehouse. I don't know how long I sat there, if it was minutes or hours: time seemed to stand still. I slowly walked back down, stopping at the door, my voice tentative saying, "Michael?"

His voice had regained its former timber but it still held a touch of sorrow as he said, "Please enter, M'lady. I was concerned." I opened the door to find him sitting on the side of the bed, his head bowed, his eyes closed. I moved slowly into the room. "May I ask a favor before we begin anew, please?"

I nodded, even though he wasn't looking at me. He said, "There is a silk belt, it hangs there," he pointed to the closet. "If you will retrieve it and blindfold me I will tell you all, I swear." I got the belt and tied it around his head. I heard him sigh softly, holding out his hand and I took it gently. He told me all.

"If my gaze falls upon you, M'lady, I am besot. When your eyes meet mine, the spell is cast and only you can break it. I am not complaining, I am simply saying, I am your humble servant. One you can freely drink from and appease the passion, though I fear you will need others. Your body demands nourishment and when you feed from me I do weaken. It will take a bit of time for me to regain that which you require."

I looked at him in his forced blindness though he seemed to pay it little heed, smiling as he continued, "You are a rare and unique woman, Lilith, for all that I know the only 'daywalker' I have ever encountered. The sunlight for me is like the poison, like the silver blade that almost took my life. When daylight comes, I must slumber for if not, I will wither and blow away like so much dust. To me it proves what I have known from the start. You are the true Queen and the rightful ruler of us all."

"Not for long, she isn't."

The door had flung open, the wood shattering as Tomas appeared, his hideous face almost sneering as I heard Michael bellow, "Run Lilith, go!" He ripped the blindfold from his face, averting his eyes as he made toward the intruder. I knew in my heart he was no match for the demon, he was already so weak. I had only made him weaker in my thirst and through the 'passion'. Sure enough, as he moved within reach, the dark-haired man used his massive hand to grab him by his injured shoulder and as a cry escaped his lips, he forced him to his knees, the bandage quickly soaking through with his blood. Tomas looked down upon him cruelly saying, "Get used to being on your knees boy, for this is how you will serve your new king."

I saw him struggle to rise but it was to no avail, his body finally surrendering as his cries grew louder and I felt my anger rise. I had felt Tomas's bite, his whip, his lash, and I had suffered for it. As I let the rage inside of me build, I watched as he inflicted even more pain down upon one who had given his all for me. One he had never laid eyes on until today, willing to die if that was what it took to save me. And I would not allow that sacrifice.

I'm not sure what happened, perhaps I had finally found my rightful place. All I knew was that as I walked slowly over toward the two, I saw my tormentors eyes look up, at first showing triumph and then dare I say, fear. My body glowed with the fire which burned white hot in me. I stopped, taking my hand, allowing it to reach up, to almost tenderly touch his face and without a word, he dropped his hand as Michael collapsed to the ground.

I let my hand continue to stroke his disfigured face, a slight smile playing on my lips, seeing how the gray began to fade as I spoke. "I am your Queen Tomas and I require your service. You will grant it to me of your own free will and I in turn will reward you for your actions. This is a gift I give to you in thanks for the path which you have shown me. Do you agree?"

The struggle in his eyes was great but I never allowed him a moment, not a second to look away and slowly, oh so slowly, I saw it: his acceptance.

"What is your name, Sir?"

"I am Tomas, Mistress. I am at your command."

"Do you carry a blade Sir, like one that was used on Michael?"

He nodded his agreement, pulling a wicked looking knife from his belt and as I held my hand out, he put it gently into it.

I smiled, turning the dagger over in my hand, feeling its heft, its weight until I moved in closer, my voice now barely a whisper.

"I require your service now, Tomas."

"How may I serve you Mistress?"

With that, I plunged the knife into him, burying it to the hilt as my voice turned cold.

"You may serve me...by dying."

I let my hand take his throat, squeezing as the poison of the blade raced through his system and the fire reflecting back at me become a simple flame, then an ember, a spark and then...no more.

I turned, seeing the wounded man who had valiantly stood up for me when the cause was lost. I picked him up as if he were a feather, carrying him as he had me, gently to the bed. I placed the blindfold over his eyes, then turned my attention to his newly opened wound. I had almost finished when his head turned slowly, his voice weary, "Are -- are you alright, M'lady?"

I let my hand reach out, wanting to calm his mind, to ease his worry and I felt him relax under my touch. "I am, thanks to you my brave man. Now rest, we have much work ahead of us and I need your strength. We will travel and I would hear more from you, about my parents, you and my subjects. Will you honor me in this way my dear Michael?"

His voice was warm, filled with the peace I had granted him as I smiled in hearing, "As you wish, so shall it be...my Queen."

THE END

I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to vote and if you are so inclined to comment on my work. I welcome all feedback, both good and bad as I continue to work at my craft and I thank you in advance.

12