The Ring

Story Info
Ancient silver ring is more than it seems.
3k words
4.19
28.9k
2
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The key struggled with the lock and finally opened the door. Jim shut the door behind himself and sighed. There, on the mirror by the door, was a white envelope hanging crooked. He quickly glanced around the apartment and back at the mirror.

“Just great.” Jim’s hand reached out as he walked past the mirror, and plucked the envelope. “What a perfect end to a terrific day.” He recalled the “discussion” his boss had with him earlier in the day about an unrealistic deadline and headed into the kitchen. The sound of the envelope tearing open filled the small kitchen and is followed by a soft clink as Jim dumped the front key out onto the table. A note tries to slide out with the key but is quickly jammed back inside.

Dropping the envelope into the trash, he opened the fridge slowly. The light reflects off the empty interior. “What the fuck!” The door slammed shut. Cabinet doors fly open and their bleak contents only seem to mock the downward spiral of his life. “She cleaned the place out! The BITCH!” Jim slammed the last door and is in his car before it finally came to a rest.

***

The automatic doors slid open to reveal the bountiful harvest of the produce section. He gazed around the department trying to plan his route of attack. Suddenly his eyes rested on a tired looking old man leaning heavily on his grocery cart.

The man’s immaculate clothes and rigid yet stooped posture spoke of a battle for dignity, while his gnarled arthritic hands struggled with the flimsy plastic produce bag. A bright silver cane shook from its place hanging on the cart’s handle. Countless people wandered past the old gentleman without a glance.

As Jim watched, the bag escaped the man’s hands and fluttered silently to the floor. Quickly he approached and pulled a new bag from a roll on his way.

“Excuse me sir, I hate to seem presumptuous but can I give you a hand.” He held out the open bag to the gentleman and looked into his frustrated eyes.

His hand reached out and took the bag. “Thank you son,” his voice strong and graceful. Turning, he grabbed two pears and rolled them gently into the bag. He then stepped shakily forward and reached towards the oranges. Without asking Jim pulled off another bag and held it open. The man turned his head at the movement and seeing the open bag smiled.

“Thank you again,” and he placed the orange in the new bag. Jim grabbed a nearby deserted carriage and followed the older man through the store, chatting and shopping. Occasionally he stepped up to help but mostly just was enjoying the company.

“It was a pleasure meeting you Mr. Dommic.” Jim said as he shut the trunk and turned to shake the extended hand.

“The pleasure was mine, Jim, and thank you for the help.” As they shake hands Jim noticed a sparkle in the elder man’s eyes. “Would accept a small token of appreciation?” Mr. Dommic’s hand slid into his pocket ad pulled out a small rather worn silver ring. “I found this on one of my digs many years ago. It has brought me great luck.”

“Thanks for the offer, but I couldn’t”

The old man’s laugh rang through the air as he pressed the ring into Jim’s hand. “Nonsense. It’s yours now. If you truly don’t want it, give it away, though I wish you to keep it.” With that he turned and got into his car. “May luck find you as it did me young Jim.” He called out as he drove away.

***

Jim emptied the last of the groceries and started a can of soup. As the soup heated in its pan, he sat at the kitchen table and examined the ring. It was plain silver with a faint trace of an old engraving inside. He decided to try it on and found it fit perfectly on his right ring finger. He took it off and placed it on the counter as he poured the soup into a bowl and sat at the table to eat.

He was finishing the dishes when there came a knock at the door. Tossing the dish towel into the soapy water, he turned and headed to answer it. A quick glance identified his landlady Doris on the other side of the door. He sighed deeply, and prepared for the barrage of questions sure to come. Doris was a sweet woman but a major gossip. Her 5’4” frame carried about 280lbs and Jim swore half of her bulk was used to store inane information about everyone in the building.

He opened the door with a smile and stepped to the side. “Doris what a pleasant surprise. I’m just finishing the dishes. Please won’t you come in?” She smiled and wandered into the apartment, her cheap perfume clogging his nostrils. Looking around good, she turned to Jim.

“I see she really did move out.” Jim nodded as he walked past her for the kitchen. “Want to talk about it?” She followed him into the kitchen and sat at the table watching his tight ass intently as he finished the dishes.

Jim shrugged, “Nothing really to talk about. I knew it was happening, just didn’t know it would be so sudden.” He turned to face her and noticed her glance away quickly. He took a good look at her and almost shuddered. Her rather long brown hair was done up in a bun that was beginning to unravel. The tight blouse stretched over her stomach as much as her tits, and there was a slight stain on it from lunch, he assumed. Her face was wrinkled from years of sun and smoking, and at a guess, he would say she was closer to 60 than her actual 49. He was sure there was not enough alcohol in the world to make her sexually appealing. Her plain brown eyes looked back at him through her large granny glasses, and he smiled out of politeness.

She blushed lightly and smiled back. “You had quite a few groceries earlier. Run out of food?”

Slowly he sat down opposite her, “I guess she felt the need to stock her new pantry from mine.” Her hands reached out to his and he sat back, casually pulling them away. “About all she left was a few pots and pans, the teapot, and my green tea.”

Doris jumped to her feet faster than he expected her to be able too. “How about I make us some tea while we chat?” She had already filled the pot and turned on the stove, by the time Jim opened his mouth.

“Honestly Doris, I really just want…”

“Ooo how pretty,” she had picked up the ring from the counter and was examining it closely. “Where’d you get this?”

“Some old archeologist I helped at the grocery store today. He said it brought him luck and wanted me to have it.” Jim turned in his chair and watched as Doris twirled the ring in her hands examining every inch of the old ring.

“Looks to be about my size,” her eyes glanced up at Jim, “may I try it on?” He looked quickly at her chubby fingers and shrugged.

Jim watched in disbelief as the ring slid effortlessly onto Doris’s much larger finger. “It fits perfectly.” She held her hand out, fingers extended and gazed at the contrast it had against her overly tanned skin. Just then the shrill whistle of the teakettle filled the kitchen. Doris reached over and turned off the heat. After a moment searching, she located two coffee mugs and soon returned to the table with the steaming tea.

She brought the mug to her lips and gently blew away the steam. “So, now that you’re single again, what are your plans?” She took a careful sip of tea. “Going on the prowl, or swearing off love for awhile?”

Jim raised the steaming mug to his mouth and took a tentative sip, “Hadn’t really thought about it. I suppose I’ll just take it easy and concentrate on work for awhile.”

“Oh honey you know what they say though, ‘the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else’.”

“Never really agreed with that but yeah, you’re right.” He took a large gulp and finished off his tea. “I hate to ask you to leave, but I really just want to shower and relax.” Doris nodded and gulped down the final mouthful of tea before standing.

“I understand hun. Just remember I’m downstairs if you want to talk.” Jim walked her to the door and held it open for her. She turned and with a laugh asked, “Don’t suppose you want a hand showering?” then turned back to leave.

“Sure, if that’s what you want.” Doris turned around and her mouth dropped open as she saw that he wasn’t smiling.

“Oh my god, you’re serious, aren’t you?” she whispered as she looked up into his unblinking eyes.

“Only if you are.”

Doris quickly reentered the apartment and spun to face him as he slowly shut the door. “If you’re serious, come here and prove it.” Her eyes widened as Jim approached her and stood mere inches from her. She could smell the hot green tea on his breath as she looked up into her eyes.

“What should I do to prove it?” His eyes glistened back at her. Her pulse quickened as she breathed in his scent. “Maybe if I did this?” He leaned close and kissed her cheek very softly. “Or maybe this.” She felt goose bumps as his words glided across the skin of her cheek. His lips traveled down to her neck hovering above the skin.

She gasped at the feel of his tongue slipping over her flesh as his mouth closed on her neck. He sucked the skin softly while caressing her neck with his tongue. Slowly he pulled away and looked her in the eye. “Is that what you had in mind?”

“Kiss me.” Doris breathlessly whispered and closed her eyes to the sight of his lips nearing hers. Slowly their lips touched, lightly pressing against each other. Her arms slipped around his neck and she felt his glide behind her and pull her close. The kiss deepened as his hands glided down her back and squeezed her ample ass. He felt her melt into him and guided her to the couch.

Her knees touched the sofa and she started to sit before being pulled back to her feet. His hand quickly slid around her waist and pulled open her pants before tugging them to the floor in one swift movement. Their lips separated a moment as her blouse was yanked over her head. His shirt soon followed and their bare skin pressed against each other as he gently lowered her to the couch.

Kneeling before her, his lips slowly pulled back and for an instant their eyes met. Her hands reached to pull his face back to hers but he had other ideas. After a quick peck on the lips, his mouth kissed across her cheek and closed upon her ear.

“I am going to fuck you nice and slow.” The words were quickly replaced by his tongue lightly caressing her ear. Flicking the lobe softly with his tongue, he gently sucked it into his mouth and nibbled tenderly, while his hands caressed her fleshy tits.

Doris’s eyes fluttered at the sensations coursing through her body. His lips and hands were moving so slowly, she felt her skin tingling with anticipation. His fingers were glide over her tits so lightly, she wasn’t positive they were touching her skin.

His lips were now at her shoulders, his tongue striking out periodically to graze the flesh. She attempted the raise her chest to meet his hands put he just pulled them away. Suddenly she noticed her bra was gone, but then lost the thought as his fingers gently rolled her nipple between them.

His mouth approached her hard nipples slowly. Inching closer, licking the entire area of flesh around it without ever touching the nipple itself. He heard her moan and felt her breast rise to meet his mouth. Looking up into her glazed eyes, a smile crossed his face and he closed his mouth around her sensitive nub. Quickly his tongue flicked over her nipple. His lips sucking hard as his teeth nibbled lightly.

Meanwhile his hands began massaging her inner thigh. Without thinking, Doris opened her legs wider and scooted her ass father forward to allow him better access. His mouth sucked hard and pulled the nipple away from her chest before releasing it with a quiet pop. His hands quickly moved to the waist of her panties and, as she raised her hips, he quickly slid them off.

His eyes met hers and their lips mashed in a passionate kiss. Their tongues twirled over each other as his fingers traced the outline of her pussy lips. He felt her stiffen and pull him tight when his finger glided lightly over her clit. Her breath quickened as he gently twisted and rubbed her clit. Her body went rigid and quickly Jim brought his mouth down over her nub and sucked it into his mouth.

Doris felt her orgasm hit at the touch of his hands and tensed as the pleasure shot through her body. She felt Jim rake his teeth over her throbbing clit as two of his fingers slid into her convulsing pussy. Once inside, his fingers began to massage her inner passage. A moan escaped her lips as his mouth continued to assault her clit.

Slowly she regained control and grabbing the sides of his head, she pulled his lips up to hers. She wrestled with his fly as she tasted herself on his lips. Quickly his pants were shed and his hard cock rubbed against her clit. His cock glided over her moist flesh, as their tongues battled playfully.

She felt him moan as his cock finally slid deeply into her pussy. After a moment just feeling each other twitch, Jim withdrew himself till just the head remained. He rested there and felt her hips surge up to draw more inside. With a smile he slowly slid back into her. With their lips still locked, a slow steady rhythm gradually emerged.

Jim felt her pussy begin to convulse and sped up. Doris felt the on come of another orgasm and raked nails across his back. His lips tore from hers as his back arched and he groaned loudly. Her pussy tightened as his cock began shooting his cum deep into her.

Together the collapsed onto the floor entwined in each others limbs. Their breathing gradually slowed with their heartbeats. With her head resting on Jim’s shoulder, her fingers absentmindedly played with his few chest hairs. “That was incredible.” Her lips kissed his shoulder while his hand caressed her back lovingly.

Slowly Jim nodded his head. He watched her breath as her leg rubbed softly over his. Looking up into his eyes she smiled. “We will have to do this again.” she leaned up and kissed his cheek. “Often I hope.” Again Jim nodded, and continued to caress her back.

Doris sighed softly and slowly untangled herself from Jim. “I suppose I should get going. I still have a few more things to get done downstairs.” She kissed him deeply as he stood as well. “Thank you for that. Next time I plan to control things.”

Jim smiled, “you’re welcome and I can’t wait.” He held her close and kissed her passionately again before letting her go so she could get dressed. He watched mesmerized as her panties slid over her plump ass followed by her pants.

As she picked up her bra, Doris noticed him watching. She straightened very slowly and looked him in the eye smiling. To her delight, his cock began to stiffen. As seductively as possible she caressed her breasts, never taking her eyes off his cock. She raised her nipple and lightly touched it to her tongue.

Jim moaned very softly as he reached full erection and grasped himself. While he stroked, Doris put on her bra and bent to get her blouse. Quickly he stepped up to her and pressed his hard on against her covered ass. She smiled and wiggled her bottom against him. She stood up and his arms enveloped her. Leaning back into him, her eyes closed as he began nibbling on her neck softly.

Her hand reached between them and softly squeezed his cock. “Mmm, as wonderful as this is lover I do have to get going.” Her head turned to kiss his cheek, put instead found his soft lips. Their tongues caressed each other, as he spun her around and held her tightly to his body.

With much hesitation, Doris placed her hands upon his bare chest and softly pushed him away. Their lips reluctantly separated and she pulled her buttoned blouse back over her head. She stood on her toes and kissed him softly. “We’ll do this again real soon.” Kissing her finger tips, she caressed his stiff cock one last time then slipped out the door.

Jim absentmindedly stroked himself as he wandered into the bathroom. He stepped under the warm water and began to increase the speed of his strokes. Within a few strokes he moaned and sprayed his load into the rushing water. Quickly he soaped up and a few minutes later stepped from the shower. Grabbing a towel, he dried as he headed towards his living room.

He stood in the doorway and surveyed his clothes strewn about. After a moment, he walked over to the sofa and sank down onto it. Just then the phone rang. He leaned over and grabbed the receiver. “Hello?”

“Oh, hi Jim. I accidentally left wearing your ring. Is it ok if I return it tomorrow or so? I already have a bunch to do tonight.”

“Uh, yeah. Sure. Whenever you get a chance is fine, honest.”

“Great! Thanks hun. Listen I’ve got to run. Bye for now, lover.”

There was a click on the other end of the line. “Lover?” He glanced at his clothes. “What the fuck happened?” The dial tone was his only answer.