The Ring of Cronus Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Should you not control the force of the ring, it will take over the weak mind and control you completely, the result would be disaster not only for you but the world in general, and no one knows what the end result would be." The voice went on "As I have said I have grown tired of life and I did not use the power of the ring to heal myself after the accident but I let nature take its course, the modern world is not for me, its values and the values of its people are no longer what I wish to be a part of, but I cannot however shake off this mortal coil, until I find a willing successor and if you as my rescuer do not accept the gift of the ring I will have to find someone else. If you accept the ring and all its powers, you will have to understand that, just as I had to do, you will never be able to end your own life. You will live forever until you too find a successor to accept the ring. The powers of the ring are only bound by you're own imagination, in addition to which although you are able to think in your own language, the ring confers the ability to understand every language and every dialect in the world and when addressing anyone they will immediately understand every word you speak to them. Once you accept the ring, only then can I die in peace. The decision must be made here and now or you must return the ring to my finger, the choice is yours and yours alone to make."

John's mind reeled; he tried to assess what the ring could do for him and what responsibilities he would be assuming. His imagination went wild and like most human beings the thought of that much power overpowered any resistance and pushed him to accept. As soon as the decision had been made in John's mind the old man's pained face seemed to relax and he gradually and peacefully passed away. The lines of age grew deeper but an inner peace seemed to emanate from his old and weather beaten face, John could only look on and reflect on the enormity of his decision and wondered if the decision he had made had been the correct one. Pulling himself together John called the nurse, she came scurrying into the ward and john said sadly "I think the old man has passed away." The nurse checked and confirmed the fact that he was indeed dead, saying,

"I'll call the doctor to come and confirm the date and time of his death. I think you should go now but as no one has come forward to claim the body is there anything you want or can everything be disposed of?"

John confirmed that he wanted nothing and if the clothes were of any use to anyone they could have them with pleasure and with that he left the hospital. Leaving behind him the husk that had once been the old witch doctor. John was aware of the glow emanating from the ring and he realised that with his acceptance of ownership, the next chapter of the ring, whatever that may turn out to be, had begun.

=========================================================== CHAPTER 2 LEARNING CONTROL

John walked out of the hospital in a daze, had this all been a part of his imagination? How could he have been so gullible? Was this just a dream? He looked at his finger and 'Yes' there it was, a shining new ring and it fitted his finger perfectly. His mind began to wander, his imagination was beginning to run wild, what changes in his life, if any, would result in his acceptance of the old man's inheritance. This so called 'power' he had apparently received from the old man, if he could begin to believe his own gullibility, and if indeed it was real, how would it affect him? The doubts regarding his sanity took over and he dismissed the whole affair as a figment of his imagination, apart from having been given a ring by a grateful old man, nothing else had happened to convince him that any of the supposed powers really did exist. He realised that he had no explanation for his sudden understanding of the nurse's language or how the ring had fitted his finger, but John pushed these facts to the back of his mind; none of it could be real. "How could it be?" he asked himself. "Only time would tell, all would apparently be revealed sooner than later." He thought to himself.

Walking across the car park, John was lost in his own thoughts, day dreaming, when a BMW convertible almost ran him down. It was being driven by a stunning blonde, aged about twenty five, wearing a summer dress with a neck line that accentuated her breasts. She hooted and was shouting angrily,

"I wish people like you would look where they were going, there would be a lot less accidents."

Snapping out of his day dream, John said

"I'm sorry I was miles away."

But it was obvious that she was not going to accept any sort of explanation without an argument. She got out of the car and as she did so she revealed a pair of well shaped calves and attractive legs. Looking at her more closely John became aware of the power within his brain, he could see in his minds eye, although thinking to himself that he could be hallucinating, that this angry woman was suffering from excessive rage, she appeared to be stressed out, there seemed to be no valid reason for her sudden burst of what could only be described as road rage, other than the fear, that she had almost run someone down with her car. Yet John was fully aware of her stunning sexuality, which her rage did nothing to diminish, she was an attractive woman, he was surprised at his own reaction and was very conscious of the fact that he found her very definitely desirable.

Even as the thought went through his head, she stopped dead in her tracks as though waiting for him to do something. Looking around and seeing that there was no one in sight, John thought to himself that, he should just try this power to see if it worked. In his mind he formed a calming thought and attempted to send a message to this angry woman's mind that she should pause for a moment, calm her anger and apologise to him for her inexplicable behaviour. John could actually see into her mind as she got the message and her anger melted away. John even became aware that he could even control what she was going to say to him in the form of an apology.

As the thought projected into her thoughts, John became aware that he could see clearly into her memory banks, he interpreted from the mass of information he was receiving that she was a nursing sister at the hospital. She had had a very stressful day coping with very large numbers of extremely sick and dying patients; as a result was in a high state of stress. This stress had been brought about by her untiring efforts over to a long and tiring shift, on top of a series of previous stressful and tiring days, her anger, as John had suspected all along was due tiredness. She had not really been paying attention to her driving and upon suddenly becoming aware of John's presence she had braked; her sudden emotion rising to anger was partially due to the realisation that she could have caused someone to be injured, through her own in-attention. She had opened the door and believing that the best form of defence was to attack, she had reacted instinctively and angrily, an action which she now regretted, but being a staunch resolute type of person, she felt, she could not climb down. John found that he could relax her fears by calming down the level of her anger and as she relaxed.

She burst into tears and tentatively said,

"I'm sorry I was not really paying attention and almost hit you."

Reacting to her tears, John relied almost instinctively,

"I am also to blame I was day dreaming, it was as much my fault as yours, and please don't think anymore about it, lets just forget it ever happened."

Seeing that as the anger melted away and her tiredness swept over her, John supported her by putting his arms around her and mentally relaxing her until the anger and tears finally subsided. She continued to lean against him when he became aware that her sense of desire was being awakened by his thoughts and that she was actually becoming aroused by his presence and close proximity. Discovering to his astonishment that he could slowly delve into her mind he became aware that she had recently been divorced from a man who had abused her, and as a result she had a general distrust of men. The fact that she had not been struck or violently attacked for being angry, to her surprise she was actually receiving support, this combined with the relaxing of her mind was having an effect on her hormones. She turned up her face and gently kissed John on the cheek and as she slowly pulled away from him and said

"Thank you for being so understanding."

With that she walked towards the car and reached for her handbag, opening it she retrieved a card with her name address and telephone number; which she handed to her comforter saying,

"Please don't think that I make a habit of handing my card to stranger, but I felt so safe in your presence and you were so understanding when I lost my temper, I would like to buy you a coffee sometime."

As she turned to get into her car she felt very safe and she felt that her lack of confidence in men was being tested by the understanding she had received.

She climbed into the car and drove to the end of the row of parked cars intending to drive towards the exit when John projected his thoughts towards her car and suggested she drive to the "Café du Pont" on the corner of West Street, park her car and go inside and wait for him .Getting into his own vehicle John began to drive towards the café, not really expecting her to be there; parking close by, he entered the fairly busy café. However much to his surprise there she was sitting at a table and as John walked in and approached her she greeted him like an old friend. At her request, John sat down and reappraised her appearance, she was dressed in a off the shoulder summer dress that revealed a cleavage with considerable promise, her soft features and full lips added to her attraction. Realising that she did not even know his name John introduced himself she smiled

"Oh hello John, I'm Miriam." (her full name as he was already aware was Miriam Wesley).

The power of the ring obviously could be projected at a distance how far he was yet to learn. The café was crowded; sitting there for some considerable time enjoying the steady flow of conversation between them; John casually thought that they would never get served and looked towards one of the waiters, wishing that he would look their way and come over and take their order for coffee. No sooner had the thought crossed his mind when the waiter rushed to the table asking for their order. They both refused anything more substantial, simply ordering coffee, then they continued to talk, it was Miriam who mainly did the talking, telling John all about herself and what had happed to her marriage and generally unburdening her tension, as she voluntarily spoke about her experiences. John was mesmerised, women usually did not relax in his company; they usually seemed awkward and unsettled in his presence, this was indeed a whole new experience. Miriam then asked

"Excuse me asking John but are you married?"

and the reply that he was single seemed to surprise her. She said,

"I find that difficult to believe, with your charm and quiet understanding I would have thought you would have been snapped up by the first person available, you so easy to talk to and you seem to be a perfect listener."

John realised that the power of the ring had a lot to do with her reactions, the reactions of the people around him and how they reacted to his thoughts and presence.Whilst listening to her chatting away John projected his thoughts towards her mind and, through a mismatch of random information, he gradually absorbed every detail of her life from birth to the current day; from childhood illnesses, teenage developments, her first experiments with sex which had lead to her unfortunate first time sexual experience, her nursing training, her marriage all things good and bad had every detail was exposed.

It was amazing, she had no secrets, and John had it all. He knew what made her happy, what upset her, how to raise her up and how to put her down. He had never experienced such a thing in his life. He felt that he knew her better than he knew himself. To move the events forward and to once more test the rings power; John projected into her mind that she should have absolute confidence and trust in him; he emphasised that he would never let her down and that she found him sexually attractive.

This ability to read a persons mind so deeply was a tool that had to be controlled or it would overpower him, with the amount of knowledge he was aware that other people's minds were opening up and the information he was getting was incredible. Quickly shutting down his thought waves and returning to the conversation that had been going on between them John discovered that no time had passed during the time he had been busy scanning her mind, the absorption of information had been instantaneous. As they sat drinking their coffee, the idea crossed John's mind to float into her thoughts that she should invite him to her home, in an instance and in response to the thought implantation, Miriam told him,

"I do not understand why, I am normally so wary of strangers, but I seem to know instinctively that I can trust you implicitly, I feel so relaxed and safe in your company. Don't think I make a habit of this, but if you're hungry I would very much like you to join me for supper at home."

Remembering that the ring was playing a great part in her reaction to him, and he had implanted in her mind the fact that she felt safe with him, he accepted. They left the restaurant and she drove home with him following even though he knew the way and everything about the place she called home.

They arrived at an upper middleclass suburb and stopped in front of a two story house well kept and very trim. She parked in the garage and John parked on the drive, she opened the door and invited him to sit in the lounge and offered him a drink. John asked for a scotch which she gave him, then excusing herself; she went upstairs to change. Letting his mind wander it struck him that he was concentrating his thoughts on Miriam; suddenly he realised that he was apparently seeing visions of some stairs he became unbelievably aware that he was seeing through Miriam's eyes.

The vision revealed her opening the door and entering her bedroom, he could clearly see as she approached the wardrobe to select something to wear. The clothes on the rack were as clear as if he were in the room. She chose a short silk like dress which she laid on the bed as she headed for the shower. She disrobed and looked into the mirror; the reflection revealed that her figure was exceptional.

Her breasts were pointy with dark areoles around her nipples, her waist was narrow broadening to well defined hips, she had a neatly trimmed area between her thighs which ran down to good shaped calves and to sum up, the reflected vision, she looked absolutely stunning. Her blond hair hung just off her shoulders accentuating her lovely face topping off her figure making her a picture of loveliness. Miriam quickly climbed into the shower, careful not to wet her hair, and washed her body, John was fully aware of her every touch, as though it was his own body, the sensation was mind blowing.

Miriam dried herself off, obeying the mentally projected thoughts that she received from John, that should not put on any underwear, she was shocked at her own behaviour as she avoided underwear and slipped into her dress; she casually slipped on some medium heeled shoes dabbed a little perfume and started down the stairs. She arrived at the doorway looking stunning. Her nipples were outlined by the silkiness of dress which accentuated the curvature of breasts, the result was astonishing.

John could not help himself as he said,

"You look absolutely stunning."

Smiling coyly, she accepted the complement on her appearance from her guest. Turning on her heel Miriam walked through to the kitchen and John's gaze concentrated on her figure, her hips were highlighted by the soft material of her dress and, of course, as he was aware of the fact that she wore no panties, he therefore noticed particularly how the dress caressed the smooth skin of her buttocks. She donned an apron and commenced preparing the meal, as she did so; she talked about everyday matters just as though they had been friends for ever. She was relaxed and it showed. The meal was ready in no time and they sat down and enjoyed the food. A bottle of wine was opened, the mood was set for the evening, soon a second bottle was opened and they adjourned to the lounge.

Both of them being unsure how to proceed; they sat opposite each other and Miriam demurely crossed her legs and sat back to enjoy the wine and the company of her guest. The second bottle seemed to slowly take away her inhibitions and soon she uncrossed her legs and John caught a glimpse of her upper thighs. Little did she know that he was aware of her state of undress. She invited him to sit beside her, doing so John took advantage of the moment and slid his arm around her shoulders, she lent her head against his chest and John increased the pressure of his arm and pulled her close to him.

If everything the voice had told him was true John understood that the powers of the ring could ensure that he could make her submit to his darkest desires, but doubts in his mind made him decide against any such action. He determined in his own mind to avoid the use of such a powerful forces, therefore he deliberately did not projected any suggestion into her mind, but shut the power off, preferring to wait and see how the evening would develop without any extra inducement.

Miriam had already been aroused by the power of the ring, she tilted her head and their lips met in a gentle kiss. John felt her lips gradually part and the kiss grew firmer, his tongue eased passed her openly inviting lips. The kiss increased in passion, Miriam completely at ease and influence by the rings own power, pressed herself against John's chest. Her breathing became more pronounced and John moved his hand cautiously towards her breast which showed clearly against the silky material, displaying the fact that her nipples were aroused and had grown to their fully erect state.

John somehow knew that at any time he could use the power to increase her state of arousal and make her his toy, even against her will. He however resisted, the temptation, and let matters proceed at a slower pace. The passionate kissing increased in intensity, John found himself fondling her breast through the flimsy fabric and his own state of arousal was growing. Looking down John could see that the hem of her dress had slid up to the top of her legs and the V at the joining of her thighs was clearly visible.

Miriam was excited, her breathing was becoming deep sighs, her moans indicated her state of arousal, and her legs were sliding against each other in an attempt to assuage the itch between her thighs. John felt her hand on his thigh; she gradually moved it to the inside and slid her hand slowly upwards until her fingertips touched his aroused penis. Things were progressing quickly, John pushed her slowly backwards until she was lying flat on the couch, and he was pressing downwards as he kissed her. Her legs parted and the dress was now almost at the level of her waist;

John casting his eyes down could clearly see she had a belly ring. Her cleft was exposed and looked very wet and pushing his hand under her dress John eased it upwards until he was rubbing his thumb over her naked nipple. She gasped and breathed deeply and he felt the pressure of her fingers tighten along his now fully aroused penis. John pushed the fabric of her dress upwards until her breasts were exposed and gently moved his lips down her neck to her erect nipple. She sighed deeply as his lips caressed her, her mind was in a whirl how could this be happening so fast, she had never in her life let things go so far so fast, this was the first time she had met him.