The Ring Of Power: Enter

Story Info
Magic ring gives power of hypnosis to young man.
3.1k words
4.01
206.9k
64

Part 1 of the 5 part series

Updated 08/31/2017
Created 04/17/2002
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Life does lots of funny things to you, without you even knowing about it. I mean, one minute you're just doing your usual routine, and in a flash, you see something, or something happens that throws everything out of whack, and everything changes forever. That's kind of like what happened to me when I found this magic ring. Anyway, let me not get ahead of myself here, and throw you off. Let me start at the beginning, but first allow me to introduce myself to you people.

My name is Tom Smith. basic about me? I'm 22 years old, I'm single, I live with my best friend Mary in a small apartment, I work full time, and I hope to just be happy with my life and career ( once I figure out what that is ). Yeah, the cliché nice life with no direction thing, that's me all right, but I didn't really see it like that. I was, and still am, the kind of guy who lives in the moment, so my view of the future was overwhelming to me sometimes. So, to spare myself the mental drama, I just liked living in the moment. The key to that for me was clean living. I don't do drugs or drink, or any of that stuff. I do date sometimes, but work usually messes things up for me emotionally and time wise. Who would have thought being in retail could do that to a guy? who knew? I also dearly love my best friend Mary, but I knew she didn't feel that way, so I never told her. We are perfect for each other, we have a lot in common, but she prefers more rugged and dangerous types. I mean, being in retail, one can't be too rugged, or you'd scare business away.

Being in retail did have it's advantages. One of them was that I picked up a knick for being able to get a good bargain on things I bought. Of course, I really put that ability to the test, every weekend, when I would drive out for twenty minutes, to the nearby outdoor auction / flea market wonder of a place that is called Harkersville auctions. It was so strange because the actually place was not in Harkersville, but in the neighboring town of Carter. Don't ask me why, I dunno, it just is. But, not that I cared much where it was, it was the coolest place ever in the world. It was like a crossroads of retail activity.

Old items and the latest merchandise side by side. Antiques and state of the art items for sale. Some sneaky upstart bootleggers and black market types selling items next to the dairy farmer who sells their quality products direct every week there for the past 40 years. It was always packed best in the morning, and by like 4 or 5 in the afternoon, the place was as dead as Richard Grieco's career. The front of the place was packed with the independent business merchants, with the newer items, and the money to afford the premium slots of business. The places further back had the junk sellers, the families with stuff to sell, and the whole overall mix that makes it worth while. I sometimes sold things there also, but rarely now with my time.

One Saturday, I went there alone to shop, since my friends were in the middle of intense studying, and started looking like usual. I made my way over to this guy I called the CD guy. He had a large selection of CD's, and he sold them all for $3.00 a piece, all originals, not hot to my knowledge, sometimes luck might show a recent CD to pop up. That's how my large CD collection nearly quadrupled in size after I started shopping here. Not much from the usual ones here, but I did buy Janet "Design Of A Decade" because I know Mary adores Janet like I do, the soundtrack to "Boomerang", an early CD by Moby that I didn't recognize before whose title eludes me now, and a compilation CD of some 90's soft rock and pop hits that I never seen before. I also got a new cover for my cell phone, with multiple American flags on it, and some cool action figures for my collection.

I collect them and display the rare ones. Sometimes I might sell an older one to someone here, if I'm short on money in between paydays every two weeks. As a matter of fact, he prior week, I had sold one of my few extra unopened Thundercats figures to an old man, some new guy I never seen before. He had a motor home parked, and also had some aroma candles and mystic trinkets along with a large collection of vinyl records for sale. He said he was collector also, and he needed one figure to complete his set of Thundercats, and he was going to sell the set to his brother, who had some small museum in Kansas for toys I think, I dunno. The memory of that incident had popped in my head, at the very moment I bought these figures from a nice family, for 50 cents a piece each. I decided to see if this guy was there, and made my way over to that same lane I recalled he was in. I went there, and that man was right, still. He looked over and saw me, and he smiled, as he recognized me.

"Hey there young man! " he said, getting up off his beach chair.

"hey again." I said, reaching to shake his hand.

"back again to sell more things?" he asked, returning the handshake to me.

"No, I'm just buying this time." I replied.

"ah, well feel free to look," said the old man, as he adjusted his baseball cap.

So, I browsed the things he had, and I saw he had more vinyl records, so I made my way to that section of his display, and started looking at titles. He had lots of blues standards and disco, and some other ones I didn't even know which genre they were from. He also had some 80's ones, whose CD's I own already. I regretted not owning an old style record player, because his asking price for those records, would have given me a big head start, on having a large collection of vinyl records to match the CD's. as I looked at the back of a Donna Summer LP, he came up to me, with a smile.

"Listen, I want to thank you for helping me complete the set." He said.

"Thank you, but that's all right, man." I said back to old man.

"No, you don't understand" he said insistingly. " That set I had, I now sold to my brother's exhibit, for the rest of the money I needed to get my ring back. You see, I have been saving my money for 20 years. 20 years ago, my wife passed away, and I lost everything. I had to pawn my memories of my sweet angel, just to complete my final wishes to her, of keeping myself alive. The last thing I pawned was her grandfather's ring, that she gave to me. It was the ring she wore when she passed, and when she told me she loved me for the first and last time. I then got myself back onto my feet, and vowed to get the ring back from that pawn shop. I saved up, and when I had the asking price, I went, but the ring was gone. I spent years tracking it down, and it was found in a fancy antique jeweler's shop, for a 5 figure sum. I spent years saving every penny to get back her ring, taking odd jobs from a janitor to a circus hypnotist act to do this. I put a down payment on it, and they held it for me, and I worked my way to getting it, and you're doll hit me with the jackpot. A 4 figure sum from my brother, and one check later, the ring is back where it belongs, on my finger, and I can't thank you enough for it." He said, with tears in his eyes.

"It's no problem. I'm glad I could help" I said, with an odd feeling, being caught off guard. I mean, I never seen anyone so happy about Thundercats before. That showed this man did truly love his wife.

"Listen, I want you to have something." He said, heading into the open door of his motor home, and coming out with a small box in his hand.

"That's sweet, but not necessary. Um..what is it? " I asked, to be polite.

He opened up what appeared to be ring box, and looked like it had a ring inside of it. "This was mine when I was a hypnotist in the circus. It was given to me by a great mystic guru, who was part of the act. He told me how to do what I know now, and I did it with this. This ring has the same stone on it, as the one from my wife. It's exactly your size, and has special powers."

I looked at him oddly, saying " Right ", when he told me it was my size, but I just went to get a closer look at it. I was going to wonder if it was a mood ring, but this gem was a real one all right. The whole ring looked like a class ring almost, that same style. I had never seen that stone before, it looked almost multicolored. He gave me the box, which also had a small paper in it. I was going to read the paper, but he quickly stopped me.

"No! Don't read the not until you get home!" he said. Fair enough for me, so I looked at the ring better. I tried it on, and it did fit my finger perfectly. That right there gave me the creeps, like the Twilight Zone. It did look cool on me I thought, even though I'm not much of a ring person.

"It's yours." He said. So I thanked him, and put the box and note inside my bag, and left the ring on, as I went on my merry way. He waved to me, and I left. I bought a couple of shirts, a couple of old Playboy magazines, and soon left Harkersville, back home. Then, as I got home, I saw Mary, my best friend and room mate, doing homework, for her classes. She was smoking, and typing on her laptop, up to her armpits in papers, it seemed.

"Hey Tom" she said.

"Hey Mary" I said back.

"how was Harkersville? "she asked.

" Good. I got you a present." I told her.

At that very instant, she jumped off the couch, and the papers came down, flying slightly, as she came up to me, to see what her present was. I gave her the Janet CD, and she smiled, and gave me a hug of approval. She then, went back to her seat, and placed the CD onto the coffee table. I then changed into more comfortable clothes, and left Mary to study, as I just stood in my room, listening to the CD with 90's hits. I was listening to that Barenaked Ladies song that has all them words, and sounds like a quick rap. what's the name of that song? Hold on, I'll look at the....One week. That's the name of it. OK.

So, I was listening to a song sung by Barenaked Ladies while looking at Barenaked Ladies in one of the old playboys I had gotten. It was one I hadn't seen, the second one with Cindy Crawford in it. I wanted to see pictures of her before she supposedly had her belly button removed, and the first issue with her in it was the first naked woman I had seen, of course on the sneak from dad's collection. Dad had become devoted to Mom at their 15th anniversary again, and then he gave me his whole collection. He had the first issue ever, and so many other ones, it was worth a small fortune. All this didn't enter my mind at all at the time, but they do now as I tell this story to you. all that was in my mind was, she is damn fine! I wanted to save the page, so I could jerk off to this later, but oddly I couldn't find any of those loose subscription papers in the magazine, but then I remembered the note from the ring. The box was on my nightstand next to me, so I picked it up, opened it, and pulled out the note, intending to use it as a bookmark, but then I remember that I didn't read it yet. I opened it up, and out fell an even smaller notice, which looked like the smallest paper book I ever seen. The smaller notice said "Instructions: Ring Of Power " on it. That threw me off a bit. I thought, instructions for what exactly? But I had to see this first note first.

It said : " Dear Tom, Words can't express how your small deed helped me fulfill a dream. This gift to you is a treasure that comes with much responsibility. It's the ring I used to do my magic in the circus, and it magic powers. It can hypnotize people. The enclosed instructions tell you how you hypnotize people, now. Use this ring carefully, because any action you might take with this ring, you may be held accountable for later. It can be wet, removed from your finger whenever you want, and won't go bad, or no need for recharge of any kind. Clean it occasionally for best performance. Enjoy. Signed, A friend ".

That freaked me out even more, because I never told him my name at all, and yet it was here on this paper. I just had to shake it off, and so I opened the instructions. I skimmed them, and within five minutes I knew the instructions easy. It was only seven small pages long. It seemed like a crash course on the subject, but I still didn't understand if this was real or some silly joke. Just I gave it some thought, I bookmarked my spot in the magazine I was looking at, and then the door to my room opened up. It was Mary. I told her to come in, and she then asked me for money for more cigarettes.

"You need to stop with those things." I told her, as I gave her a five dollar bill from my pocket.

"I know, but these tests and papers are killing me first." She said back, with a quick thanks, as she quickly left. I could tell that was a nicotine reaction there. Instinctive wanting of more cigarettes. Then, it dawned on me to try out this ring, and see if it worked. I could help Mary overcome her smoking habit. It made me smile thinking I could do something that big to help her. I only wanted what was best for her, but I never stopped lusting for her even when she was with these troublesome guys. She is the perfect beautiful woman, except for the smoking thing. maybe if that was out of the way, I could have a chance with her, or she'd find someone better for her. I honestly wanted to help her, and I decided I was going to wait until these papers of hers were out of the way, before I'd try anything with the ring with her. I still wanted to try this out before that time, to see if it would work. I thought about it for a while, until the night, when I went to bed.

I decided to jerk off to the Playboy magazine I had got earlier, with Cindy Crawford in it. I flipped on the light, and started to rub my dick, while looking at the pictures. I started getting hard, and pumped harder and faster. Then I heard a noise coming from somewhere. I stood up, and put my boxer shorts back on, and went to see. As I opened the door, I heard the shower was running, but there was some kind of moaning also coming from that same place. I peeked through the open door and has a slight clear view of what has happening. She was in the shower naked and touching herself.

I had never seen her naked before, and this made me even harder than I was before. The shower door was glass and see through, and she was clearly visible. Her breasts were just perfectly sized, with stiff nipples to match. she was in great shape but not overly muscular or skinny, she was perfect. Her ass was great sized, and showed she had meat and shape to her, and her pussy was clearly shaved slightly, into a more refined shape, as opposed to natural growth. She had reached in and touched her pussy clit, rubbing it, and thrusting in and out with her hands. She then shifted, and I then saw a clearer view of her masturbating. This was amazing. I just stood out of sight, and then realized my boner had grown to lethal proportions. She I guess came because she then turned the water off. I stepped away from the door, I went back to my room, and beat off quickly and fast. I came so fast, so hard, I had to catch my breath for a second, but the pleasure was intense. The relief was even more welcome.

It became even more clear to me that I had to try and get this beautiful woman to be mine. I began to wonder about that plan, and the other plan for trying to see if this ring I got did have these magical hypnotic powers. two different things to deal with. Two things floating in my head at the same time. I got back into bed, feeling good, and wonder how to deal with these things. Then, I thought one of my coworkers could probably offer up some inspiration or an idea for the ring testing at least. And then, I dozed off to sleep, believing the next day that I would know for sure if this ring I got was either a normal ring or a mystical hypnotism tool called the Ring Of Power...