The River of Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Starlight
Starlight
1,035 Followers

We stayed moored for the rest of the day. I had thought I would return to my own cabin that night, but when it came time to go to bed, I could not bring myself to do this. It might hurt Juliet's feelings. But that night I made no move to have sexual contact with Juliet.

It must have been around one o'clock in the morning when I woke to feel Juliet gently massaging my penis. She saw I was awake, and leaning over me she smiled and said, "What is it, don't you want me any more." Then she kissed me tenderly.

"I don't want to hurt you, love," I said.

She gave a little tinkling laugh and said "There are still things we can do, like this," and she took my now throbbing penis into her mouth and sucked until I came.

When I had finished she said, "You'll sleep a lot better now, darling," and laughed again.

I slept, as she said, a lot better.

Next morning we began our dash for the town. Fortunately, the lockmasters were prompt in seeing us through their locks, and travelling at cruising speed, we made good progress.

Sexually we were very abstemious, having only one act of congress and that very gently because Juliet was still sore.

The following day we were held up for an hour at one of the locks, but still made good time. I worked out that we should reach the town fairly early the next day. We maintained our relatively moderate sexual interaction.

The next day we passed through our last lock and approached the town. The town was not actually on the main river we had been travelling, but on one that flowed into the main stream. So just beyond the lock we took the left branch and cruised into the town and tied up.

For the rest of the day, we went about getting our supplies, and in the evening, after putting on some "respectable" clothing, we dined out at a local restaurant.

On returning to the boat and going to bed, we contented ourselves with one rather quiet sexual intercourse.

Next morning we began the return journey. Now we had time to spare, so needed only to travel short distances each day. This was just as well, as Juliet had now recovered and was eager to resume a more active sexual coupling with me. I also had built up my sperm count, and was very willing and able to service her needs.

We traveled, walked, swam and fished, and even managed a few games of scrabble, but above all, we loved, and as the days drew on and we got closer to the home base, the question of this love obtruded increasingly. What was to happen when we arrived home?

As I have already said, I have always loved my mother, but now that love had passed on to be the love and desire of a man for a woman. None of my previous sexual experiences had matched that which I had with Juliet.

Given the amount of sexual contact we had had, it might be thought that the urgency might have diminished. Not so. Every sexual contact with Juliet only sharpened the appetite for more of her. As our last day on the boat approached, I knew we must discuss the future.

The discussion took place, not on the last night of our trip as I anticipated, but the night prior to this. It occurred in bed, shortly after we had made love. It was Juliet who opened the subject. She had timed it well, as I having just ejaculated into her, and she having had her orgasm, we were at the nadir of sexual arousal, and less likely to speak under the influence of immediate sexual desire.

She began by saying, "Darling, I'm going to ask you what you want in the future in relation to our sexual contact, but first, I'll tell you what I want."

I think she chose this approach so that I had something to respond to, and was less at risk of feeling let down if she did not agree with what I wanted.

"My love," she went on, "I know that in what we are doing we are offending against the law and morality, and many of our friends and relatives will be opposed. If they discover what has happened between us, we shall probably lose many of those friends. Never the less, I am prepared to risk that and much more, so that the relationship we have had on this trip can continue."

She paused for a moment, the went on, "What has happened in the past, the relationships we have had with others, and the manner of relationship that has existed between us as mother and son, now belong to the past as far as I am concerned. I love you; I love you very deeply. If it is your wish, from now on, I am your woman and you are my man. There will be no other. The practical details of our lives together we can discuss later. Now, I think, is the time to establish whether and how we live together in the future.

She ceased speaking and waited for me to respond. Images of the future whirled through my mind. The complications, the family quarrels and arguments, possible loss of friends and perhaps even legal battles. I felt the approach of a headache.

I had been lying on my back. I turned my head to look at her. I knew in that moment that there were only two realistic choices open to me. I could leave home, separating myself from Juliet, or I could stay and continue our sexual relationship. Knowing her now as I did, having experienced her as I had done on the trip, I could not live with her without there being sexual coupling with her. I think I would have gone out of my mind, having her so close and wanting her so badly.

I decided to try to take a middle course.

"Mother (again that strange slip), could we agree to try living together, still being lovers. If it doesn't work out, I can leave."

I was somewhat ashamed of my rather cowardly stance, especially in the face of her own bold declaration of her love and commitment. In the circumstances, Juliet took it rather well. Little did I realise how those circumstances would change in the near future.

She sighed and said, "All right, if that's the way you want it, but during this, what shall I call it? 'Trial period,' there is to be no other woman in your life. Is that agreed?"

It was no effort for me to agree with that. After what I had had with Juliet, I was not sure I could ever be satisfied with any other woman.

We did not make love again that night, but keeping the boat still well away from the town, we made very tender love several times the next day.

At first, when we returned home, no one knew or guessed what our relationship had become. The main difference that might have been noticed was that, as I no longer went out to meet girls, I was at home much more often.

About a month after our return home the crisis struck.

Lying in each other's arms just after we had finished making love, Juliet said quietly: "Darling, I think I'm going to have a baby."

Ridiculously, I was stunned. I had used no contraceptives, and had not asked whether Juliet was "safe." She had used nothing.

The amount of sexual intercourse we had had must have almost guaranteed that any fertile woman would have to get pregnant.

"What are we going to do?" I stammered.

We had been lying in the dim light of a reading lamp, and as I looked at Juliet, I saw the glisten of tears in her eyes, and they began to roll down her cheeks.

"Aren't you even a little bit pleased?" she sobbed.

Being the stupid, immature fool that I was, I had not understood how vulnerable a woman is at such a time. Even in these days of the hard, self-reliant woman, at such a time a primitive instinct induces them to seek protection for themselves and the child within them. I had fallen down on the job at the first real difficulty. I hated myself for this.

I put my arm round her and asked, "You want to have this child, don't you?"

"Of course I do," she said fiercely, "I wanted you, didn't I? But if you don't want to be part of its life with me, you had better leave us."

I felt sick and ashamed, and tried to excuse myself. "I'm sorry, it was just that didn't expect this. I know I should have, but I didn't."

She softened. Touching my face with her hand she said, "You've been such a wonderful lover, I forget how young you are. Let's talk in the morning."

I slept fitfully that night.

By the morning, I had resolved what I would do. I found Juliet in the kitchen. I went to her, kissed and put my arms round her and said, "If this is what you want, I am with you. There will be no more talk or a 'trial period.' I shall stay with you until the day you tell me to go, and I shall acknowledge that I am the child's father wherever that is necessary. If I cannot be your legal husband, I shall be your partner."

Juliet sagged against me weeping and said, "Oh David, I needed you to say that."

We clung together, both of us crying.

The first to learn of Juliet's pregnancy were my uncle and aunt. On a visit to our house, they made an astonishing revelation. My aunt, taking it for granted that I was the father, said, "Darlings, its about time. I was beginning to wonder when you two would wake up to how much you loved each other, and in what way. Ted and I have only been surprised at how long it's taken you."

They had worked out long before how our relationship was likely to develop. I silently blessed them for their love and acceptance, and for the first time felt sincerely proud and looking forward to becoming a father.

I shall not go into how our lives developed accept to say that following my mother's example I became an accountant. Mother had established her own practice and in due course, I entered this as her partner. We work from home, and so have time to be with little Clara and Bryan, and no doubt our third child which is due in about three months time. You see, our sex lives are still extremely active, and as Juliet says, "If we are going to do it, we might as well do it properly."

Starlight
Starlight
1,035 Followers