The Road to EGOT Season 02 Pt. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I love you. You're amazing." She finally told me.

"I love you too." I told her. "Why am I amazing again?"

"Just look at Ashley." We both did and we could not mistake the smile across the beauty's face. "You did that. You've been so good to her these past few days. You saved her from Paul, you made sure she felt like she belonged. You fucked her until she forgot all of her worries." She said as we both laughed. "You're special Duncan Bryant. I'm glad I met you."

I couldn't help but feel a warmth spread through my chest. Those words had moved me more than I could have expected. I was left speechless and simply kissed my beautiful loving girlfriend until my body would no longer allow me to. I didn't even realize when I fell asleep. All i know, is that when I did, I was happy.

**************************************************************************************************

I was wide awake the next morning. We would be leaving that night and I was nervous. Although I had such a great amount of fun during this stay, the shadow of the emmy's loomed heavily. I was sitting out back and drinking coffee as I thought about the show. What took place and where it was going. I was proud and happy. I tried telling myself that whatever happened, win or lose, I had done a great job. I knew that wasn't true. I was caught by surprise by a knock at the door. I was even more shocked to find that it was Kate.

"Hey Kate, how are you?" I asked the beautiful lady. She was wearing a white dress that went a little past her thighs. Her blonde hair was in a ponytail, her green eyes looked even more beautiful in the morning sun.

"I'm doing great. We're about to leave and I wanted to say goodbye." She said sweetly.

"Yeah of course. The girls are still sleeping but i'm sure they won't mind." I was walking towards the room.

"Wait, Duncan."

"Yeah?" I asked walking back towards her.

"I just wanted to thank you. My dad told me how you two met. And that it was your idea to bring Alex and Ashley to meet us. If it wasn't for you, he wouldn't let me give it a shot." She said smiling brightly.

"Well i'm glad that you're getting the chance. The girls have warmed up to you, they believe in you. I do too." She quickly came over to me and squeezed me in a very tight hug. I was taken by surprise at first, then wrapped my arms around her sexy body, enjoying the hug and breathing in her sweet scent.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" Asked a voice behind me. I turned to find Ashley and Alex standing by the bedroom door, wearing their robes.

"Oh hi Alex. I just came over to say goodbye." Kate said looking guilty. As though she had done something wrong by hugging her.

"I'm glad you did." Alex said before walking over and hugging the young girl. "You'll be coming to L.A soon and we'll show you the town and hopefully get you started." She promised her.

"Thank you guys so much." She went from Alex to Ashley and hugged her as well. "You guys are amazing." Her and Ashley's eyes met, and they shared a nice long kiss. She then turned towards Alex and did the same. She looked at me and then at Alex almost asking for permission. Alex nodded and smiled. Kate wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me hard. Her tongue swirling all around in my mouth. She pulled away and smiled up at me looking very pleased with herself. "See you soon Duncan!" She said with a knowing smile before walking out with a wave. I looked over at the two girls who were laughing at me.

"What was that all about?" I asked them

"Oh you didn't know? Kate has got a huge crush on you! She's been dying to do that since she met you." Alex finally said.

"Why'd you tell him? That'll only give him a big head." Ashley said jokingly.

"Ashley between us, you know he's already got that in spades." We all laughed before finally sitting down and getting some breakfast.

******************************************************************************************

That night we had just boarded the plan. We had spent most of the day packing, lounging and just hanging around the pool. It was a relaxing day and a great way to spend the last one before heading home. We were the only three people in the first class cabin. I looked over at the seat that should have been Paul's. I then looked at the two gorgeous women in their short skirts and tight tops and I couldn't have been happier that he was gone. I took my seat next to Alex, Ashley was sitting in the aisle across from us. I lay my head back against the seat and tried to clear my mind. Alex rested her head on my chest and kissed my cheek.

"You okay baby?" She asked.

"I'm alright. Just these past few days have been marvelous. I just wish we weren't going back."

"Yeah, this trip was great. We'll have plenty of others. And you have the Emmy's tomorrow. It may be a huge night."

"Or i might lose. And it'll suck."

"You'll win."

"How are you so sure?" I asked her wrapping my arms around her.

"Well, if you hadn't noticed, things have been going pretty well for you lately." She said laughing. "I mean you got to sleep with Kate Upton, Ashley Greene and even scored your masturbatory dream girl growing up."

"You." I said cutting off her laugh.

"What?"

"I got you. That's the most incredible thing that could have ever happened." She smiled and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around her and held her tightly.

"I love you." She whispered to me.

"I love you too." I told her as the plane took off.

**************************************************************************

The following night, I was dressed in my suit and sitting on the couch in my apartment. Alex was getting ready in the bedroom. We were heading for the Emmy's and my stomach was in knots. I was trying to calm my nerves. Nothing seemed to work. I just sat down and closed my eyes and just tried to think of other things. I heard Alex's heels against the floor and looked up. I smiled, thinking that if I had wanted to find something to get my mind off the awards, all i had to do was go into the next room. Alex looked amazing in a sleeveless beige gown, with a great black design along the length of her right side. She wore her hair down and the red lipstick she wore made her to die for. I stood up and wrapped my arms around her. She felt and smelled just as good as she looked.

"Wow, you're heart is beating really fast." She said.

"Seeing you in that dress is doing weird things to me, what can I say?" She laughed.

"Seriously, are you okay? Still nervous?"

"Even more than before." I answered.

"What's going on Duncan? What's got you so hung up on winning tonight?" I pulled away from her and went back to where I was sitting. I picked up a book that was on the coffee table. I handed it to Alex who looked at it in a very confused way. "What is this?"

"It's my book." I finally answered. "The one that I couldn't get published. The one that no one wanted. I thought it was great, but it failed. I failed. My dad saw it as a sign. That he was right and writing was a waste of time. I actually almost believed him." I sat down, quickly followed by Alex. She hooked her arm around mine while I continued talking. "Then Eye Candy came around and not only did I lose at the Emmys, I got fired shortly afterwards. I just feel that if I could win tonight, prove to my dad, that i am talented and my writing is acknowledged someway, that he would be proud of me. That we could go back to how things were before. Before i disappointed him."

It felt good to finally say all of that out loud. It had been weighing on me for sometime. It was one of the reasons I pushed so much to get out of L.A the week before the awards. I would have gone insane. Alex just held me.

"You miss your dad, there's nothing wrong with that. You may have not followed the path he would have wanted you to, but i'm sure that he is very proud of you. He may not be able to admit it to you or even to himself. But there's no way in hell that he isn't proud of you. Win or lose. You are an incredibly good and honest person. You are smart and caring and you are a fantastic writer. You may not win tonight, but that doesn't take away from anything that you've accomplished. And don't forget you're not finished. The second season is going to be nominated as well, there's no doubt. But stop being scared. And know that I am very, very proud of you." She finished saying before kissing me.

"I love you." I told her.

"I love you too, and now I have your book! I can't wait to read it." She laughed. We made our way downstairs and stopped to say hi to James. The limo was waiting out front. We got inside and headed for the show.

**************************************************************

A huge difference from my first visit at the Emmy's, had to be the amount of people I now knew. From the moment that Alex and I hit the red carpet, there were so many people that I had met over the course of the year, congratulating me and telling me how great they thought the show was. These were people that I admired as well, which made it all the better. The cast from Arrow and The Flash were present. It was great to see all of them again. Candice looked incredible in a tight white gown that did nothing to hid her curves. Danielle looked gorgeous, but a closer look at her eyes, told me that she wasn't doing much better since my visit to Vancouver. Colton, and Grant were ecstatic to see me.

We spent more than half an hour walking up the red carpet, doing interviews and saying hello to all of the people we knew. We finally got in front of Maria Menounos who was doing interviews for E!. She began to ask Alex about her new movie when all of a sudden the white noise around us had reached a whole new fever pitch. I looked around and saw everyone looking at their phones, some had shocked looks on their faces. Many were gesticulating wildly. I looked over and saw Ariana Grande with tears filling her eyes. I made a move towards her when my phone rang. I looked at the caller I.D. It was Madi. Victoria's sister.

"Hello?" I said.

"Duncan, I'm sorry, I know you're at the Emmy's but i didn't know who else to call." Victoria's younger sister said clearly distraught.

"What's going on?" I asked beginning to feel my heart race.

"I just got a call from an EMT, Victoria was in a car accident. They're taking her to the hospital. My mom and I are in Miami. We're trying to get a flight back..." Everything she said after that, I could no longer make out. I was in a haze of confusion. Victoria, car accident, hospital. The words were jumbled but didn't make much sense. As I was going through this, the phone still pressed against my ear, I could hear Maria reporting the details to the camera. I looked at Alex, who was shocked and looking right back at me. "Duncan, Duncan! Are you there?" Madi was shouting on the other end of the line.

"Yeah i'm here." I answered, Alex grabbed my hand and held on tightly. "I'll let you know, when I have something." I told Madi before hanging up. Everyone around us was in a frenzy. Reporters were running around trying to get quotes and some were even making their way off the premises. Either going to the scene of the accident or the hospital. I still stood at the very same spot. I was breathing heavily not sure what to do. Alex tugged on my hand snapping me out of my reverie. One word came out of her mouth. "GO!" I looked at her still not sure I had heard right. "Duncan! GO!" She told me again.

"I love you." I told her before turning my heels and running down the red carpet the way we had come. There wasn't much space at first, but as people saw me streaming down, they all moved away giving me room to run. There were many faces that I recognized along the way, but they were just blurs to me at that point. All that mattered was getting to the hospital. I reached the end of the red carpet and nearly lost it when I realized how far back traffic was backed up because of the damned award show. The closest hospital was a little over a mile away. Madi had said that she was on her way to the show, so that must have been where they would take her. I could easily make it on foot.

I ran as though I was being chased by demons. Sweat was dripping from every available pore, my suit was drenched but i didn't care. I could hear my heart beating in my ear, the sound of my shoes smacking against the concrete. I dodged and weaved around people in the street, probably looking like a maniac. None of that mattered. Victoria. Oh god Victoria. I got to the hospital, and just as I thought, there was a swarm of reporters waiting outside. I paid them no mind and quickly ran inside.

"Victoria Justice, where is she?" I asked the person behind the front desk.

"Are you family?" She asked me.

"I need to see her, where is she?" I pleaded with the woman.

"I can't give you that information, unless you're her next of kin."

"Her family is in Miami, they asked me to come." I was starting to become angry. Victoria was hurt and these people were getting in my way.

"Duncan?" I turned around and saw Eric standing in the hallway. He had a cut above his right eye but aside from that looked fine.

"Eric, what happened? Where is she?" I asked him.

"I was driving, and then... then...car hit... us." He was barely coherent. I took a closer look at him and could tell he was high. That was too much for me. I wrapped my hand around his neck and pushed him up against the wall.

"ARE YOU HIGH! WERE YOU DRIVING HIGH?" I screamed at him. People were starting to look at us. "ANSWER ME." He couldn't. I had my hand tight around his throat. I let him go and watched him gasp for air.

"I... I... don't know man!! Was... Nervous! had one hit." I grabbed him by the color of his shirt.

"WHERE IS SHE?"

"I... don't know...Doctors took her... BLood...so much blood!" I had heard enough. I pushed him against the wall before throwing my fist straight at his face. I hit him hard. As hard as I could possibly muster. He fell into a heap on the ground. I watched him groaning on the ground and was thinking about hitting him again when a security guard came between us. Nurses and doctors came to witness the scene that had just taken place.

"Where is Victoria Justice?" I yelled to the lot of them, over and over again. "Where can I find her doctor. Someone please just tell me something."

"Sir!" I turned around and was face to face with one of the younger doctors there. "I'm Dr Sampson, i'll be operating on Miss Justice."

"Operating? What the hell is wrong with her?"

"She was in a serious car accident, her leg is broken, has some internal bleeding along with a pretty bad head injury. She's unconscious right now, we will do all we can." I stood frozen. Not sure what to do. I looked around for Eric, needing something to hit. I saw that the police had just arrived and were asking him some questions.

"How long? The surgery... how long?"

"We can't be sure sir. We'll only know the full extent of the damages when we begin." With that he left to get ready for surgery. I sat down in one of the chairs in the waiting room. A moment later they wheeled her past me. I only got a quick view, but there was no mistaking that she was in a bad spot. I sat there totally numb and did the only thing that i could do. Wait...