The Runners

Story Info
Two people find love on the road.
4.7k words
4.7
11.6k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
O2
O2
558 Followers

It was my sixtieth birthday. I was running my fifteenth half marathon in three hundred sixty-five days to qualify for the "Saturn" level in Half Fanatics. I could have gotten by with twelve, but I didn't want to just get in. The level below 'Saturn' is 'Uranus'. I know it's high school humor, but I didn't want to tell anyone I was 'Uranus,' so I did a few more just for the heck of it.

It was a cold January Sunday morning. The race started at eight, I was ready to go at seven. My wife used to come to the races and wait for me when she was alive. That ended when she was killed in a car accident when I started this streak. I continued on despite mourning her because she would have wanted me to. She knew I loved running. She was my biggest fan, one of the many reasons I loved her so.

The route wasn't too bad, flat for the first three miles, then a medium-sized uphill, and then flat after the downhill. I was chugging along at my usual pace when my phone rang. I usually listen to music as I run so when the phone announced it was my sister calling to wish me a happy birthday I picked it up, talking to her as I ran.

I got a few stares and laughs as people passed me, telling them it was my birthday. I thanked my sister and let her go just before the one hill I had to climb. I chugged up it without too much effort then zipped on down the backside. I caught a woman on the flat keeping up with her as my pace settled back to normal.

We said hello, and she asked me what pace I was shooting for. I told her 'nine'.

She smiled, "Can I tag along? I'm going for a nine also."

"Of course," as I removed my earbuds assuming we'd talk as we ran.

We introduced ourselves, and for the remainder of the half, we did talk. I kept looking at her as we ran with all the layers we both had on. All I actually could see was her face, what an adorable face it was. Very little or no make-up at all. Her eyes were a deep emerald green; her lips looked soft and delicious with a shiny coating of lip balm that she refreshed about every three miles. Under her wool beanie, her red hair peeked out over her ears; tied in the back a short ponytail.

We talked about ourselves, how we got into running, family, the normal light conversation with someone you've just met. Laughing at some of the sights we saw as we ran, I'd point out birds as we passed them by or they flew over. Her sweet demeanor and positive attitude towards life made the remainder of the half flash by.

We hit the finish line with an eight fifty-nine pace. She thanked me for keeping her company then went off to get pictures with her friends. I went home to a small birthday party my daughters were throwing for me.

I thought our little encounter was pleasant. It was a great way to pass the time instead of listening to music. I wondered if I'd ever see her again, hoping I would. Miraculously, I did. One of the running groups I belong to had a monthly 10K. I decided to sign up for them as another goal to accomplish.

I arrived early as usual, got my bib number, socialized a bit and then started my pre-run dynamic warm-up. As I was stretching, I heard a pleasant voice call out my name. I turned to see Claire with her bib on walking towards me.

"Hi, Claire! How are you?"

"Hi Jim, good. How are you?"

"Not too bad, just finishing up my warm up. Are you doing the series?"

"I am, keeps me in shape for the longer distances as long as I don't have any injuries."

I laughed, "Yep, I swim at an indoor pool and ride my bike when it's nice out."

She smiled, "Nice! I do yoga; it does help avoid injuries. You should try it."

"I just might, thanks."

She saw some of her girlfriends, wished me luck then greeted them to begin her warm-up. I stole a few glances, watching her stretch. She was in great shape, no doubt. Even in the cold of February, dressed in lycra running pants, jacket, and a wool beanie she looked good.

Shorter distance races I tend to go faster, this was no exception. The course was flat, no cross streets to stop and wait for traffic lights, so I breezed through the six point two miles with an eight fifteen pace. Not fast enough for one of the age group awards but quick enough to put a smile on my face. I was doing my post-run stretching when Claire and her friends crossed the finish line. We high-fived, congratulating each other on a good race.

As the race season wore on, I kept seeing Claire at the 10ks. We'd talk more and more not only about running, but other more personal subjects. We had a lot in common, and our talks seem to flow effortlessly. We also met at and paced together at a couple of half marathons.

As the months passed by, the temperature slowly increased allowing both Claire and I to shed the layers of warm clothing we wore while running. As the layers melted away with each meeting, I could see how shapely Claire was. For a fifty-seven year old woman, she looked fantastic. Toned legs, tight behind, slim waist combined with a proportional bust made her look at least twenty years younger.

I think it was our fifth race together she asked me if I'd like to join her and her friends for a post-race latte. I agreed, not for the latte but for a chance to meet her friends. She'd mentioned me to them previously. They were friendly as are most people I've met running. We talked and sipped coffee for over an hour finding various races we'd run at the same time. I thanked Claire for inviting me to meet her friends; we said our goodbyes then I headed home.

Over the past eighteen months since my wife's death, I hadn't thought about dating. I think I may have still been grieving or maybe I had been out of the singles scene for so long I didn't recognize that Claire liked me.

I decided in July to ask her out. We were at a Fourth of July half marathon doing our regular run together. About halfway through I asked her if she'd like to have dinner with me. I swear it took her maybe two strides to say yes.

She looked at me with a broad grin, "I was debating on asking you."

I laughed, "I'm shy, what can I say?"

"I was hoping you would; I've wanted to for a long time, Jim. I was wondering why you hadn't."

We passed mile marker nine as I thought about it, "I don't know, Claire. I guess I've been out of the dating scene and didn't recognize the signs. I've wanted to. Sometimes I need a little nudge I guess."

Turning her head, she looked at me, "A nudge? I was about to shove you, silly man."

"I am at times, very silly."

We finished the race holding hands. Her friends cheered as she lifted up our hands showing them we'd had the talk she'd been telling them she was going to initiate. I smiled, blushing at being so naive for a sixty year old man.

Since we'd finished the race around nine in the morning, we decided to have lunch together at a little bistro after going home and changing. I arrived first patiently awaiting Claire at an outside table. I ordered an iced tea nursing it as best I could on a warm July holiday. I was just about to order another when I saw her approaching me. I'd only seen her in running wear up to this point and thought she looked good. Now in her regular clothes, I was floored.

I noticed her smile first as she approached me, what a beautiful woman. She was dressed in shorts, showing off her toned, tanned, and oh so delicious legs. Her feet were protected you might say in some sort of sandal thing that reminded me of Roman gladiators. Toenails were painted a bright whitish color contrasting with the dark sandals and her tan. Her blouse was cut to modestly show off her cleavage which I'd only guessed at in the past. Her breasts were full, pressing against her top I could barely make out her nipples. Her eyes seemed to light up as she got closer noticing me checking her out along with several others seated along the front of the bistro.

I stood marveling at her. We hugged for the first time with me not wanting to let go. I didn't want it to be awkward, so I released her and pulled the chair out for her. She thanked me as I took my seat close to her.

Since we'd just seen each other a few hours before, we talked about how we were feeling after the race. The waitress interrupted us, wondering if we'd had a chance to look at the menus she'd dropped off when I first arrived. We politely sent her away so Claire could scan the menu. After a few seconds, she'd made her decision, setting the menu down on top of mine. I'd already perused it deciding on the Reuben. She liked that idea so when our server came back we ordered one, choosing to split it.

We talked a bit more after ordering. I rested my right hand on the table which she covered with hers as we sat enjoying the scenery. When she did that I felt something stir inside me I hadn't felt for quite some time. The blood rushed to my crotch filling my penis slowly but surely. I mean I've had erections since my wife's passing, but not while talking to someone. This was reassuring, to say the least. I think one of my fears of asking Claire out and eventually making love was my ability to perform. I'd thought about pills, but to this point, there wasn't a reason to look into it. Now I was sure if and when the situation occurred I'd be fully staffed.

Our waitress returned with our lunch which was very good. We ate at a leisurely pace, sipping our iced teas, talking about little things like we always did. When we finished, we decided to go for a short walk. Our legs were both still a bit stiff from the run and walking would help ease that pain.

While we were walking, I decided to make a bold move.

I looked at her with a sly smile, "How do those legs feel?"

She looked at me wondering what I was up to, "They're not too bad, why?"

We stopped walking, "Oh, I was going to offer you a massage. But since they don't hurt that bad, you probably don't want one."

"Oh, I see. Well, now that you mention it. They do ache a little bit."

We both knew what I was hinting at. Luckily, she didn't get offended as we started heading back to our vehicles.

"Your place or mine?" she asked with a sly grin.

"Mine, if you don't mind. We could do dinner too if you feel like it."

"You think a massage will take that long?"

I smiled at her, "You know how slow I am. Remember how long it took me to ask you out? This might take all night."

"Oh my. Maybe I should stop at home and get an overnight bag."

My heart skipped a beat as I opened the car door for her. She slipped in behind the steering wheel as my eyes focused on her cleavage.

"That's entirely up to you. I have extra toothbrushes."

She laughed, "A girl needs more than just a toothbrush, Jim. It has been a long time for you, hasn't it? Text me your address. I'll run home and get a couple of things just in case the massage and dinner take longer than expected."

I blushed, "Caught again, yes, that would be great." I brought out my phone, and we exchanged numbers. I sent her a text with my address.

"Nice neighborhood, Jim."

"Thanks, it's very quiet. I really like it."

"See you in say an hour?"

"Looking forward to it, Claire."

I was trying not to be too obvious, but I think she may have noticed a slight bulge in my crotch area. She grinned then started her car and left, waving as she did.

Then the anxiety set in. Was I too forward too soon? Will she actually come back? Spend the night? In my bed?

I told myself that I was taking a chance and all indications were that she was a willing partner in this budding romance. I drove home and quickly tidied up. Not that the house was a mess, but there's always something that's left out that you don't want someone to see. For me, it was the dirty laundry laying in heaps in my bedroom, a sink full of dirty dishes and of course dust in a few places.

I got all the odds and ends taken care of then showered and shaved, changing into a fresh set of clothes. I admit I was nervous.

I sat down on the sofa wondering if I'd forgotten anything, then the doorbell rang. It actually startled me. I went to answer it, my heart beating out of my chest. I opened the door, a huge smile appeared on my face as Claire looked up at me. She was smiling also holding up a small bag containing her hopefully overnight things.

I invited her in, she noticed I'd shaved and showered, "What's that old saying? A young man shaves at night an old man shaves in the morning?"

I'd never heard that before so she explained it to me.

"You've shaved in mid-afternoon. Expecting a long night, Jim?" she grinned.

"That's entirely up to you, Claire. Let me show you around the house, and you can drop your bag where you feel like."

I showed her around, pointing out the various rooms and backyard. She left her overnight bag on my bed which was a very encouraging sign. I offered her something to drink before her promised massage. All she wanted was water for the time being so, I poured her a glass with ice. We retired to the living room where I'd laid out a pad with a comforter on it.

She excused herself then went to my bedroom to change. When she returned, I was floored. I thought she had a nice body in her running things. Her string bikini left very little to the imagination.

I stood in awe, "Wow!"

She laughed, "You like?"

I quickly gathered my thoughts, "Claire I thought you were pretty that first day we met back in January when all I could see was your face. Then we talked, and I discovered how beautiful you are. Your amazing body is icing on the cake. But, I think I'd have fallen for you regardless."

She walked over to me as I stood, baby oil in hand. Looking up at me she reached around the back of my head. As we looked into each other's eyes her hand lowered my head to her, she closed her eyes as our lips met. We kissed, I dropped the oil and enclosed her in my arms. We stood making out for a good five minutes.

When our kissing paused, she quietly mentioned that I was overdressed. She took my hand leading me to the bedroom. We stood next to the bed as she slowly undressed me. I remained still as she took her time undoing all my clothes. We kissed in between each piece of clothing she extracted. If I tried to take something off she gently rapped my hand and told me no.

In the years I dated and all through my marriage no woman had ever done anything like this. I was enjoying the attention which made my yearning for her grow along with my arousal. When she'd removed my shirt and started unbuckling my belt, she noticed the bulge. She paused then looked up at me with a grin. I blushed which made her giggle.

In one of the most sultry voices I've ever heard she paid me a heartfelt compliment, "This is what I like about you, Jim. Your shyness. Most men I've dated in the past have been shall I say 'bolder' than you. There's a quiet masculinity about you I find incredibly sexy."

She finished unbuckling my belt, lowered my zipper, then unsnapped my pants. Reaching around my ass, she pushed my pants down exposing my now rigid dick making a horizontal tent in my boxers. She slipped one hand inside the fly portion to release my friend. I moaned at the softness of her touch as she eased him out to take a look at him.

She smiled, releasing him. Her hands reached behind her back loosening the tie on her top. It fell away, I remember the exact words I used, 'damn.'

I attempted to get a complete look at her body by stepping back. My feet got caught up in my pants residing around my ankles. Luckily I fell with most of my back on the bed. She laughed then asked if I was okay with her joining me as I lay prone half on and half off the bed. She kissed me playfully as we laid there.

"You're a nut, you know that?" she giggled.

Blushing once more, "I know, I've been told that before."

She eased herself off the bed removing the entangled pants, my shoes, and my socks leaving me in only my boxers; my dick slowly deflating. She looked up to see him slowly settling back down.

"Aww," she lamented as she moved next to me.

"Not to worry, he does that these days. Well, he used to when he had someone around. I don't know how to put it."

"I know, we don't really talk about our spouses, do we."

"No, I loved my wife, and I miss her but, you have to move on. We had a great life together, a couple of wonderful kids and now a granddaughter which I'm glad she got to see and enjoy."

Our conversation moved to more personal areas as we lay on halfway on the bed, me naked and her in her bikini bottoms. After a while, we returned back to kissing and fondling arousing my penis once again.

We moved up to the head of the bed after making a mess of the thin blanket I used over the sheets. It was Summer, and I didn't need the huge comforter I usually kept on the bed. This time around I didn't make a fool of myself. My focus was on Claire. We made out like teenagers panting and getting all worked up. She lay next to me until I decided it was time we got serious. I nudged her onto her back, gently grabbed both her hands with mine. I moved them up over her head then proceeded to straddle her at her waist. I held her hands in place while I kissed her face, whispering sweet words of how delicious and desirable she was. She closed her eyes enjoying the sensations I evoked within her. I eased up on my grip to lower my hands down her body. She left hers in place while I readjusted my position, kneeling between her legs.

I sat back taking her in, my god what a gorgeous woman and I told her so. She grinned, purring softly as I leaned forward, my hands to her sides to begin her winding path to what I had hoped would be a fantastic orgasm for her.

I devoured her breasts with my mouth and tongue, sucking, licking, biting all in order to find out what she enjoyed. To my delight, she actually gave me sweet affirmations when I touched on something she craved. I gladly followed her requests adding a bit more with my fingers while she basked in the glow of my attention.

I loved playing with her breasts; my dick grew and faded as the moments flashed by. When I was hard, I used him to rub against her labia as I played with her. Her arousal grew with each new thing I tried. I worked my way down to between her legs, kissing and licking wondering if she'd let me go there. My wife wasn't a big fan of anything oral despite me longing to please her without any compensation from her.

My body moved further down the bed until I got to where I needed to be to untie that small bikini bottom. Taking my time, I loosened each bow while she lifted her butt up off the bed. I managed to slip it out from under her then drop it off to the side.

Her bush was full, a few gray hairs scattered about made for a lovely sight. I worshiped her legs kissing each one up and down several times enjoying her scent as I passed by her pussy each time. She was getting anxious and told me so. I placed her butt cheeks in my palms lifting her up while my face slipped into her nether region to drink from my goddess. When my tongue passed over her labia, she shuddered, her hands lowering to her breasts and began pinching her nipples.

I inserted it between her soft lips searching around because I enjoyed that feel on my tongue. Pressing it further up her body, I discovered her spot. She confirmed it when she let out an audible moan of delight and told me to stay right there. Her body quivered while I concentrated my attention on her hard little nub, teasing and twirling my tongue over it as she called out my name and a few other words of delight and amazement.

My face buried as best I could against her pussy, I drank my heart's content of her sweet nectar. She growled, twisted and turned having much more fun than I was thank goodness. When she called out, her body stiffening, her toes curled and I knew I had accomplished what I'd aimed to do. She asked me to ease up, so I sat back on my heels watching her go through the various waves after peaking that women do.

O2
O2
558 Followers
12