The Sacred Band Ch. 14

Story Info
Denise and Andy
2.1k words
4.67
10.5k
00

Part 14 of the 18 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 05/29/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the final "relationships" segment. After this chapter the story focuses on the struggle against Rotkoff.


Chapter fourteen - Denise and Andy

as reported by Laura.

May 1956.

After our engagement party, Philip and I did not see Denise for several weeks. We had plenty to keep us busy.

Philip was snowed under with reading and research as great chunks of the world seemed to be falling apart.

Deep cracks were appearing in the hitherto monolithic Soviet bloc, with Kruschchev's denunciation of Stalin seeming to invite insurrection from the Satellite states of Poland, Hungary and East Germany.

In the Middle East the situation was equally stressed, as a dangerous level of tension was developing between Israel and the new nationalist leader of Egypt, Gamel Abdel Nasser, who was assiduously promoting an United Arab Republic.

Philip was trying hard to project the implications of these hotspots on the volatile international economy, especially when there was talk of a need for a return to petrol rationing, and the inevitable price rises of basic commodities.

The speed of change was creating stresses in Philip's own business. He could not express the depth of his contempt for Atlee and Churchill's inability to see the consequences of their boycott of the European Coal, Iron and Steel Community.

As soon as the Iron and Steel industries were safe from nationalisation, his customers were pressing him to recommend good safe investments in steel companies, and he was getting tired of telling them that his recommendation was to sell any existing holdings and, not, under any circumstances, make any such purchases.

His categorical veto actually led to the loss (temporary in both cases) of two good clients.

I, on the other hand, was throwing myself into revision for my first year exams. I really needed good marks in these, or my choices of honours schools would be severely limited.

I wanted to be accepted into the double honours programme, although I knew it meant a lot of extra work, and I had set my sights on taking Dr. Dinsmore's Shakespeare's England for my dissertation subject. I could not think of letting down Philip and may family by doing less than my best.

Of course we were not so busy that we could not find time for fun and games. Judy and I had read The Lustful Turk together, reading out the best bits in affected upper-class ladylike tones, so it naturally turned into a role-play in which I, playing Emily, and Judy playing Sylvia (or sometimes Eliza the maid) tried in vain to protect the sanctity of our bottoms from Philip as the Lustful Turk himself. It was one of our most successful games.


***


On Thursday morning I was sitting at my usual table in the Library. I was reading up Pythagoras and the messy aftermath of the siege of
Syracuse.

Pythagoras, so the story goes, was running for the high hills pursued by Roman soldiers when he came to a field of beans in full flower. He devoutly believed that the flowers sheltered the souls of the recently dead awaiting reincarnation. He could not go back, and he could not cross the field so he waited, quietly for the soldiers to come and kill him.

A sad and moving story. My fickle mind jumped to a favourite gag by Max Miller.

"Well there I was Missus. I was crossing a narrow bridge and walking towards me was this beautiful girl. Tell you what Missus, I couldn't decide whether to toss myself off; or block her passage."

It made me giggle uncontrollably. What a vulgar little trollop I was! I thought how Philip's mum, Madge would have roared at the joke, and, sadly, how my mother would have put on one of those pained expressions as if there were a bad smell just under her nose.

That was the end of work for that morning. I wondered if Philip could be prevailed upon to give me a quick one over his beautiful desk. Maybe he would like the chance to block my passage. What was there to lose? I walked down University Road and into New Walk.

As it turned out, Philip was out, but Joan handed me a note dated the previous day, asking me to call Denise, so I picked up the phone on Philip's desk and dialled.

"Hello, Denise. It's Laura. you left a message for me to call you, and I've only just got it. Hope it was nothing urgent."

"No darling, not urgent at all. I haven't seen you and Philip since the engagement party, and I just wanted to catch up".

"Tell me about your new gentleman friend you mean."

"Yes that's right. Are you free some lunchtime soon?"

"Let's see. Tomorrow seems ok. I've got a tutorial at eleven and lectures from three to five. Shall I come over to yours? I can get the bus down the Harborough road and walk from there. It's only ten, fifteen minutes."

"Good then. See you tomorrow sometime after half twelve. It be good to let our hair down and have a good old natter."

Shortly after one the following day I was walking up the long gravelled drive, admiring the colourful display of wisteria in full flower, smothering the weathered brick frontage of Foxton Lodge.

Denise must have been watching out, as she opened the door just as I raised my hand to the bell.

"Laura! Lovely to see you. Come in, the kettle's on and I've made us something to eat."

Denise is the soul of courtesy. I could see she was dying to tell me all about Andy and herself, but first of all she had to be sure that I was comfortable, and that all was well in my life.

In reply to Denise's polite enquiries, I explained that we were snowed under with work, but otherwise fine. I passed on Philip and Judy's greetings, and settled back to hear the news.

"Come on Denise, tell me everything."

"Oh, Laura, I'm so happy. Andy and I are just made for each other. He is a dreamboat. I've told him everything about myself, Walter, you, Philip and everything. Her understands me and I'm sure he is going to
give me everything I need."
"Everything?" I looked at her with a little smile and raised my eyebrows.

"Yes, that too. I don't know if you know, that he's a very religious man, a strict Baptist and all that? He has been like that all his life, and it's the reason he was so respected in the Police. There was no way he would do anything that was not right, and everyone knew it.

Anyway, his late wife Dora came from one of these strange Adventist sects, where the women are totally submissive to their menfolk.

When Andy started courting her, her parents gave him the third degree about his background, his beliefs and his intentions towards her.

Well, apparently, although he was not a member of their sect, he passed, because he was given permission to take her out, and it was understood that they would get married as soon as he passed his Sergeant's exams.

Anyway it was accepted that there would be no hanky-panky between them until they were married, but they were seen as a betrothed couple.

Now here's the exciting bit. Her mother and father sat there like patience on a monument in front of the two of them, and said, as clear as could be, that Dora was a girl, and girls could be flighty and irresponsible, and that it now it was up to Andy to discipline her.

What's more, father handed him a heavy leather strap, and told him not to spare the rod when she needed it. Mother looked on with total approval, and Dora seemed as happy about it as anyone.

Laura, they got married and lived as happy as could be for twenty-odd years until she had the stroke that killed her. They never had any children, but they were blissfully happy together right to the end.

And every Friday night, out would come the strap, and Dora would have her bottom thoroughly warmed up. Then they would go to bed early and have a cuddle.

When she died, Andy says he felt that his life might as well be over too. He thought he would never recover. Then he met me and started to come out of his shell. Now we go to the tea-dances a couple of times a week, and I've started to teach him golf.

He is the best kisser I have ever known, and we just spend the evening snogging like teenagers. But best of all, he gives me a lovely strapping whenever I ask for it.

"Denise, that's lovely. I am so pleased for you. But what about s-e-x? Is he as good As Philip in bed?"

"I honestly don't know. We kiss and cuddle and give each other a good groping, but he has made it clear that that's as far as it will go until we're married."

"Married?" I squealed is surprise and delight. "When! Where! Can I be a bridesmaid?"

"Back end of June or July we think. And of course you will be matron of honour, and Ginny, Judy and Ivy will be bridesmaids. Andy feels he has to ask his brother to be best man, but he will probably not want to come all the way from Ontario, and if that falls through he will certainly ask Don."

"How do you feel about doing without for three or four months? It would drive me scatty".

"After Walter was killed I thought I should never want to be physically close to someone ever again. It took me over two years even to go to George Abbott and ask him to give me a good hiding. I think George and Ada saved my life, or at least my sanity.

Then along came Philip, and then you, and I started to live again. I've told Andy everything and he understands completely. He is grateful to you all for everything you have done for me.

Laura, of course I want Andy physically, but if I had to I could wait for him for years, not just months."

"I don't suppose..."

"No chance at all. Andy isn't that sort of man. Our bedroom life will be strictly private. That doesn't mean that we won't get up to Heinz 57 varieties of sex, but it will be strictly between the two of us. Believe me, I've talked to him about that too. He says that he and Dora always used to believe, like the old Muslims, that how a man ploughed his own field was his own business."

"That's sad in a way. We've played some lovely games together, but I am so happy for you."

"Yes, it's smashing. I feel young again. It's just like it was with Walter.
I know he's not handsome or charming like Philip, but he is a wonderful man and I am just totally in love with him. Everything about him seems right.

You know your weekly sessions with Philip when you tell him your little faults and mistakes..."

"And sometimes big mistakes and downright misbehaviour..."

"Well, Andy used to do it with Dora, but they hardly ever took it seriously. They made a game of it. So now I am trying to tell a taller and more ridiculous tale every Friday. Last week I tearfully confessed that I had snuck in at night, stolen a piglet from Danny Finch's farm and smuggled it into the Oadby swimming baths in a shopping bag and let it loose, and it swam around chasing the kids, and disgraced itself in the water. So now I'm banned from all the swimming pools in Leicestershire.

The challenge is to tell it with a totally straight face whilst he is rolling about laughing. Then he gives me a good spanking supposed to last a week, but it seldom does. When I am feeling a bit deprived, I dream up the next silly story and practise it on front of a mirror.

"Oh Denise - you're a riot! I think that's the funniest thing I've heard in ages. I should love to be fly on the wall when it happens. I haven't seen your luscious bum being warmed up for ages."

"And you probably won't see it again. But you'll certainly see Andy and me. How about dinner next week? Any evening...except Friday of course."

I couldn't wait to get home and tell Philip the whole story. He would know what to do...