The Scarface I Hated Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Trambak
Trambak
34 Followers

A bed is always a welcome for tired souls like us but Imran led me in to an impossibility. Sumitra retired to the other bedroom. I found that she had kept some water and lighted a mildly scented incense stick. I had to appreciate her taste. More often than not, due to the extreme enthusiasm the number of sticks would drive away all habitation from the room. But, I for one was at complete unease. I kept standing knowing not what to do. Imran came towards me and I hurriedly withdrew. Was I scared or was it revulsion? Possibly both and Imran perceived it such. Maybe he was hurt by my behaviour but I cared less.

After some time, Imran said, "You have nothing to fear from me. If you want I can sleep in the other room and Sumitra can sleep here."

I looked up abruptly and said, "Why would you sleep elsewhere? This is your house. You are the owner." That was the final straw and he lay down on the other side of the bed. I don't know whether he slept or not? I didn't. I kept sitting and I never realised when sleep overcame my senses and my eyes shut in slumber. The new bride and the new groom failed to establish the minimal requirements of societal norms. Failed.

I woke with a start as the light entered my eyes. For a moment, I was in a daze, confused. Then, the events of the last night rushed back. Sumitra was standing with a cup of tea. Embarrassed, she apologised for scaring me. I smiled at her weakly. I looked at the other side of the bed but Imran was nowhere to be seen. I looked questioningly at Sumitra. "He has left for the workshop", she informed and then she said with some concern, "Bhaavi, you have not eaten anything. Can I make something for you?" I nodded my head vigorously. Sumitra was in a fix and I felt bad for her. She was trying to make me feel welcome. I asked her to make whatever she wanted and finished my tea which incidentally was good.

I took a bath and washed my clothes and joined Sumitra in the kitchen. I found her to be efficient and pleasant. She made a simple and but tasty breakfast and served me. I asked her to join me but she hesitated. I insisted and she finally agreed. And she slowly opened up. She told me that she had to prepare a tiffin for Imran who usually left by 7.30 in the morning and came back late in the evening. But today he was likely to come early because some people were to visit. I felt a fleeting shadow of unease in Sumitra's eyes. It looked like fear. It was a little disconcerting but perchance I was overreacting. I too was worried. Who is coming and what was I supposed to do.

Worrying will not take away tomorrows troubles, it may take today's peace.

To be continued...

Trambak
Trambak
34 Followers
12