The Scarlet Dove - Issue 15

Story Info
Our heroine gets a rematch with the villain Dominion.
9.8k words
4.74
15k
17

Part 15 of the 20 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/10/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Issue Fifteen – Power

Chapter One

The office of the Uhaul storage facility seemed normal enough. There were marketing posters on the wall, brochures on a small table near two chairs, and a rack of outdated magazines. Behind the service counter was a balding middle-aged man, who's jaw hit the floor as the gorgeous, curvy redhead sashayed through the doorway.

She was wearing a wearing a tight yellow blouse, with a neckline cut so low it was a wonder her voluptuous breasts remained within. A pink miniskirt clung to her hips, showing off her long legs, down to a pair of pink stiletto heels. Glossy waves of candy apple hair bounced around her slim shoulders. Approaching the clerk, she leaned over the counter, giving him a glimpse down the front of her shirt with a clear view of the sheer demibra struggling to contain her full D-cup breasts.

"Oh my gosh, like I need to rent a storage unit, but I don't know anything about them," she said in a bubbly voice.

The clerk grinned. "Well you came to the right place, darlin', I just happen to be an expert."

"Oh my gosh, like really?" she gushed. "Then you can like, show me everything?"

His grin widened.

Starling Chase was more than a little embarrassed at how easily she fell into the role of complete bimbo. However, it seemed to be having the desired effect. The clerk introduced himself as Gabe, and had yet to even look her in the face. Embarrassment tingled through her cheeks as his eyes devoured the copious amount cleavage she'd put on display, but until she could figure out just what was going on in this facility she'd rather not have any of the employees studying, or possibly recognizing her face.

This Uhaul building was located at the address she'd found on a cancelled check after being held hostage by Creole Creed. It was a climate-controlled facility, boasting the availability of refrigeration units. Obviously, this seemed like a good way to mask any power being used for nefarious activities in the, presumably, secret lower levels.

After a few questions that seemed too personal to be relevant to storage unit needs, Gabe took her on a tour of the facility. This gave Starling a chance to assess the layout of the place. There was a high amount of security, with cameras posted around almost every corner. Likewise, the building itself required a key code to gain access. Whether or not this was typical of such facilities, Starling took it as confirmation that there was more to this particular building than met the eye.

Gabe didn't seem to notice her recon efforts, focused instead on awkward flirtation attempts. Fortunately, he seemed satisfied by the occasional vapid giggle, and his gaze remained glued to her buxom chest.

It was a little after eleven o'clock by the time they were finished. Starling thanked the clerk, but said she needed to do more shopping. She'd considered renting a unit to get an access code for the building, but when she returned for further investigation it'd likely be in her superheroine alter ego...and she probably would not be coming through the front door!

"...here is my card," Gabe offered before she left. "My personal number is on there, you know, if you have any other questions or need help making a decision. You can call me any time."

Starling reached for the card, touching his hand and letting him look down the front of her shirt once more. "Thank you so much Gabe, you don't even know how big of a help you were."

The young woman switched her shapely hips as she left, making sure his eyes stayed glued to her round booty. When Gabe told his co-workers about her visit, for once she preferred to be "the smoking hot redhead with huge tits and a great ass" rather than that "that reporter, Starling Chase."

An Uber was waiting outside to take her to the River Run office.

It seems so weird to be heading back into work, she thought staring out the window at Warden City. I know the chief of police is in league with Dominion, I know the Ashton conglomerate is involved, my girlfriend-er, my best friend, hell my only friend probably hates me, but I've got the best leads I've had since this whole crazy investigation started...and I'm going back into the office to what, write some glamor fluff piece for page 27?

To be honest she hadn't been the best employee lately, work had been sorely neglected do to her clandestine extracurriculars. After giving her a good shouting at for coming in so late, Ed demanded a new glamour piece from her asap. He also assigned her to cover some big-to-do bridal expo happening at the end of the month. Starling promised to spend the day working on the glamour piece and submit her progress by the end of the day. This seemed to placate him well enough.

A bridal expo? She balked mentally, leaving Ed's office. Guess I'm just officially the women's interest chick now, so much for my dreams of hard hitting journalism...

Cleverly, the reporter had a few mostly finished drafts already saved to her computer. So instead Starling could spend the afternoon searching for any more information on the Uhaul franchise/Ashton dummy corp.

Lacey was at her desk when Starling arrived. The two women exchanged an awkward greeting. They had already spoken on the phone, Lacey having left several worried messages during the time Starling was Creole Creed's prisoner. Even though both women had apologized for how they'd acted following their escape from Dat Joint, there was still a distance between them neither was ready to bridge. To Starling it just seemed safer for them both if she went back to going it alone...especially so, as she was beginning to grasp the stakes of going after Dominion.

Lacey obviously felt the same, making some excuse to leave and heading for the door as the redhead was sat down to work.

The afternoon crawled by, with Starling turning up little new information. After work she rushed home for a hot shower. As usual she found a meditative state under the steaming water, clearing her mind and focusing for the coming evening.

After toweling off, she went straight to the secret compartment of her armoire. Taking out her superheroine uniform, Starling shimmied her curvaceous hips into the white bikini style bottoms before tucking her breasts into the matching spandex bustier. Her high-tech accessories followed, the golden bracelets with built in tazers, and a matching utility belt. Then she put on her calf length, high heeled golden boots. Finally, she donned her white feathered domino mask to conceal her identity.

Taking a quick glimpse in the mirror, the young woman felt a familiar swell of confidence as Starling Chase had seemed to disappear behind the mask, leaving instead the heroic and powerful, Scarlet Dove!

As the crimson haired beauty soared into the night sky, she set her course directly for that suspicious Uhaul building. It was time to get some answers!

Chapter Two

Knowing better than to fly straight up to the building, the Scarlet Dove made a wide looping approach. She spotted the first lookout easily. He was perched on a rooftop about a block out. He never saw her coming!

Crouching over his crumpled form, the young heroine made sure he was no longer a threat, but still breathing. Then she crept to the edge of the roof and surveyed the area surrounding the storage building. She thought she spied another lookout on a building the next block over. It was not a stretch to assume that there were corresponding sentries perched in the opposite direction as well.

This might be trickier than I realized, she thought, noting the array of cameras adorning the roof of the Uhaul building itself.

Just then she heard noises coming from the ground below. One of the storage units was opening, and two armed men stepped out, both wearing all black.

I knew it! Starling thought as her suspicions seemed instantly confirmed.

One of the men signaled back into the garage, and slowly two black vans pulled forward. The guards exchanged brief words with the drivers, but she could not make out what was being said.

Great! What are the chances that's not some sinister mission in progress, she thought watching the black vans pull away. Of course, that also probably means the forces left inside are diminished...

After a moments indecision, the Scarlet Dove heaved a sigh. It looked like she would have to abandon her personal mission for the evening, and follow those vans to ensure the greater populace was not being endangered.

The young heroine leapt into the sky, flying after the two vans. She caught up to them easily, maintaining her altitude and distance so as not to be spotted. It did not take long for the heroine to realize their destination; the Warden City power plant!

The first van smashed through the security gates, barely slowing as it continued on into the facility. The second, however, screeched to a halt and the doors flew open! Four men jumped out and rushed the guardhouse at the main gate. The two security officers were quickly and easily subdued by Dominion's men.

Knowing she had to act fast, the Scarlet Dove rolled into a banking dive. Targeting the henchman positioned at the rear of the van, she hit him with both boots, smashing him into the pavement with a groan. Wasting no time, she climbed into the back of the van, even as the driver was lifting a pistol. The heroine already had the drop on him and zapped him with her Tazer bracelet! He slumped in his seat, unconscious.

As she climbed back out of the van, the butt of a rifle slammed into her stomach! The Scarlet Dove gasped painfully and dropped to her hands and knees.

Her assailant, one of the remaining three, loomed over her. "Get up, slowly!"

Taking a deep breath, the heroine stood, green eyes locked on the gun barrel in her face.

"I got her, Cal!" he shouted, not taking his eyes off her.

A nervous titter crawled through her stomach, as footsteps approached, coming around the van behind her.

"Good Job!" the newcomer, Cal, replied. "Shit it's really the Scarlet Dove!"

"Well the boss knew she'd be showing up, didn't he?" the other responded.

"I guess I just didn't expect it'd be us dealing with her," Cal said. "Where's Ollie?"

The gunman in front of her glanced back towards the guard station. The heroine leapt towards him immediately, hooking his gun-arm with her own and spinning behind him.

"You idiot!" Cal growled. "Let him go, bitch!"

"Gladly!" Starling spat.

She jumped up and kicked the gunman in the back with all her might. He stumbled forward, into the other man. They both shouted and swore, but neither could recover in time as the Scarlet Dove took flight!

She climbed as quickly as she could, hearing the men below shouting at each other. Looping around, she realized they had lost sight of her...and positioned themselves in a nearly perfect line. Almost smiling Starling circled around behind them, and launched into her torpedo strike maneuver. Cal looked up a second too late, as she rocketed in with both fists! The other never knew what hit him as the heroine crashed through both men, leaving them sprawled on the asphalt.

"You guys alright?" called another voice, the one called Ollie. "What the hell's going on?" The heroine crouched as his footsteps drew near. "Cal?"

As he came around the back of the van, his gun was sent skittering by a lightning quick kick. A second roundhouse caught him in the side of the head, causing the other side to bounce off the van and Ollie toppled to the ground.

With everyone down, Starling took a split second to be impressed with herself. Unfortunately, "everyone" included the two security officers in the gatehouse. The red haired heroine tried to sound the alarms, but to her dismay, they had already been disabled.

Checking the camera feeds, Starling could see the other van parked in front of the main power house.

No reinforcements, she realized. No time to waste!

She stepped out of the gatehouse, and took flight once more. The power plant sprawled out beneath her like a small city. Starling found the main powerhouse easily. There were two men standing guard at the door. Two more were unloading equipment from the van.

She dive-bombed the two men standing guard at the door. She hit the one of the left first, slamming into him with both high heeled boots, plastering him against the wall. As he slumped, she snatched away his weapon. As the man on the right turned towards her, she lashed out with one long leg and kicked his gun out of his hand. Then she whipped the butt of her rifle across his face, dropping him! In the same motion she turned on the two unloaders, aiming the gun at them.

"Don't move, scum!" She growled, hoping it would be enough to look like she knew how to use that weapon.

It was. They both froze in place, looking at her with wide eyes. Starling resisted a smirk.

"Now, set that stuff down," she instructed.

They did.

"Have you got any bindings or restraints?" she asked.

One of them quickly pulled a handful of zip ties out of his pocket. The other glanced at him, incredulous and face-palmed himself.

Now the heroine did allow herself a grin. "Perfect, wrap these two up, then do yourselves."

Obviously, it was not a perfect plan, they'd likely get loose relatively quickly. Once all four were bound in the back of the van, Starling zapped them with her bracelets, rendering them unconscious, and buying herself a bit more time.

She dropped the gun and headed towards the door, just as another man was coming out.

"What the hell is taking so..." he trailed off seeing the scantily clad superheroine before him. "...Shit!"

Starling dove forward as he was fumbling for his own weapon. She slugged him across the jaw, and he staggered, but retaliated throwing a punch of his own. The heroine ducked that easily, swinging one of her gorgeous gams into a high roundhouse. The soldier fell sideways, groaning in pain. Starling stepped forward knocking him out with a vicious soccer kick.

With a resigned sigh, the Scarlet Dove headed inside. She proceeded cautiously, but with no pretense of stealth, letting her heels click-clack noisily. There was a short dark hallway leading into the main chamber. She surveyed the area as she stepped into the room. There was a pair of huge turbines, set on opposite sides. The walls were lined with lighted panels measuring power output, as well as large switches and fuses, and massive cabling. The entire room seemed almost to throb with power, like she was standing inside an enormous heart.

Standing in the center of it all was the unmistakable figure of Dominion.

Chapter Three

"It's beautiful isn't it?" he said without turning, his long cape hanging from his broad shoulders.

"Cold, outdated machinery is not my idea of beauty," Starling replied, looking around and seeing no other men posted in the room. Could she be so lucky that he had only brought such a small force?

"Not the machinery, hero girl," he turned, arms spread wide. "The power!" He was wearing his sleek, black battle armor. "Can't you feel it? Pulsing, surging, filling the air, pure unadulterated power!" Those malevolent hazel eyes pierced the young heroine from behind his mask. He was clearly not surprised to see her.

"Spoken like a man who values nothing else!" The Scarlet Dove assumed a wide stance, placing her fists on her wide hips.

"What else is there?" Dominion crossed his arms over his chest.

"Enough talk," she spat. "I'm taking you down tonight!"

The villain smirked. "Do you truly believe so?"

"It's over, Dominion!" she went on. "I've discovered your secret hideouts, I've tracked you here, I've taken out your men...it's just you and me now!"

"And how well did it turn out for you the last time, it was just you and I?"

"You mean the time you attacked me by surprise, you coward?" she spat. "This time I'm ready...you can bet it'll be different!"

"Silly girl," Dominion balked. "Do you truly think you are ready simply because you can see me coming?"

"I've been tracking you for months! Uncovering your secrets," her emerald eyes narrowed severely. "There's nowhere left to hide!"

"Perhaps you are right about that, perhaps I am done hiding." The villain grinned. "Or perhaps I have been aware of your meddling all along...perhaps I have grown weary of your interference...perhaps I have lured you here to deal with you once and for all...perhaps you fell into my designs hook line and sinker!"

"That's...that's impossible!"

"Is it?" Dominion chuckled. "You silly little twit, you've proven to be much more of a nuisance than I originally expected, but you're still just a woman. It's been as easy to outsmart you as it was to overpower you that night in the alley."

"You're lying!"

"It's almost been fun," he went on. "Watching you running around town, chasing down my minions...checking into my dealings... you must have been so proud of yourself! How then does it feel to find out that all along you were being played and manipulated by the very man you hunted!"

"Even if you think you wrote this script," Starling replied. "We'll be adlibbing the final scene!"

"Has anyone ever told you, you're beautiful when you're beginning to doubt yourself?"

"The only thing I'm beginning to doubt is whether or not I'll let you live to stand trial!"

"My how dangerously ignoble of you, hero girl! Your confidence and defiance are cute, but I grow weary of them! It's time you learn your place, super powers or not, you're just a woman, no match for a man like me!"

"We'll see about that!" she shouted.

"Before this night has ended, I'll make you my own personal plaything...Again!"

Dominion burst into motion. His gauntlets flared, and a bolt of energy exploded forth. Thanks to her enhanced reflexes, Starling leapt into the air, avoiding the blast and rocketing towards her adversary. She kicked out, striking his force field as expected. The air sizzled between them, but she rebounded, landing on her feet. She rushed back in, this time soaring high into the air and dropping behind him. Before he could fully turn, she whipped one gorgeous gam in a high kick, blasting the villain in the side of the head!

Dominion growled, stumbling sideways. He whipped another bolt of energy at her, even as he tried to regain his footing. The young heroine avoided that blast easily, and stepped forward throwing punches wildly, which he had no chance to defend. Taking four strikes solidly, Dominion seemed to stagger. Feeling the upper hand, Starling surged with confidence and charged forward.

Suddenly, Dominion whirled and stepped towards her. Starling fell back, lifting her arms to block. Despite her enhanced reflexes his big fist slipped past her defenses and slammed across her jaw! Her head snapped to the side, her strawberry mane whipping wildly, as pain exploded across her face. Her knees buckled and the young woman collapsed to the floor.

Damn that really hurt! she thought dazedly. I hit him five times, and he just dropped me with one punch?

Scrambling back to her feet, Starling took flight. Glancing back, she was able to bank out of the way just as another bolt of energy rushed past her. The villain hurled several more rapidly, forcing the young heroine to bob and weave desperately just to avoid them. Finally, he seemed to relent, so Starling dropped onto a precarious perch atop one of the turbines.

"Come down from there little bird!" he growled, unclasping his cape to cast it aside.

"Ready to surrender?" she asked.

"You've seen my powers," he thundered. "Surely you realize you're no match for me!"

"No match?" the heroine scoffed. "So far we're five to one, I'd say I'm ahead on points!"