The Scarlet Dove - Issue 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't give a shit about your excuses," Montgomery rumbled. "Are you going to be able to button this thing up or do I need to send your cousin Donovan down to clean up your mess, again?"

"No way, unc', I got this!"

"Good." Montgomery spat. "Request denied. Get your shit together down there or I swear by this time next year, you'll be running our KFC franchise in Capitol City!"

"O-of course, uncle."

No sooner had the young Ashton hung up, than did the lights suddenly drop to emergency lighting, accompanied by the sound of an alarm.

Pierce dashed out into the hallway. Several of his men were running past, shouting at each other in confusion. Pierce started to follow them, shouting to try and figure out what was going on.

Suddenly Gabe came bolting around the far corner. "Sir!" he shouted. "It's the girl, somehow she got loose and apparently she's headed for the armory."

"So stop her," Pierce snapped. "What's the problem?"

"I have men in route, sir," Gabe's face seemed drained of color. "But, uh, it doesn't seem good...I-I think we should get you out of here!"

Pierce frowned. "Listen I handled this little bitch once, if I have to do it again myself, I will!"

Suddenly a deafening roar echoed through the hallways and the floor shuddered beneath their boots. Almost instantly the hallway filled with smoke.

"What the hell was that?" Pierce asked.

Gabe swallowed. "I would assume, sir, that was her reaching the armory."

Now they heard machine gun fire at the end of the adjacent hallway, followed by alarmed shouting.

"So this whole getting me out of here thing?" Pierce asked.

"This way, sir!" Gabe said turning away from the commotion.

The Scarlet Dove dropped one soldier with a massively powerful punch, before whirling on his two (of eight) remaining allies. They turned and fled.

This power really is intoxicating, she thought with a grin. I doubt even Dominion could stand up to me at this level!

It was easy to see how people were so easily corrupted by power. She was already beginning to feel herself weakening as she expended the energies Danvers had given her. Part of her was glad, she would not want to risk losing herself to the temptation to abuse her new-found power. Of course, she realized that she could never stoop to the same methods as Danvers to retain them, even if she had that ability.

She continued up the hallway, which was filling with smoke much more quickly than she'd expected. Blowing up the armory, compliments of a single errant grenade, had started a fire, and it seemed that the Ashtons had cut some corners in their fire prevention systems. She had taken a belt with six more grenades on it, which was now wrapped around her slim waist, where usually she wore her gold utility belt.

I have no idea of the layout here, she thought surprisingly calmly. Maybe burning the place down wasn't the best idea just yet...too late now!

She came to a set of double doors and kicked them open. Beyond was a huge garage, containing a fleet of vehicles. There were a number of mercenaries running all about, but none of them seemed too interested in fighting her. On the far side, she noticed Pierce running through a row of black SUVs.

"PIERCE!" Starling screamed, leaping into the air.

The young billionaire paused, glancing back. Seeing the superheroine flying towards him, he whipped out his pistol and began to fire at her. She weaved in the air hearing sharp metallic whistles as she narrowly (luckily) avoided the bullets. Once he'd exhausted the magazine, he threw the pistol itself at her. Starling batted it aside and dove in on him, driving him to the ground under her bare feet.

He looked up at her with panic written across his handsome face. Looking down at him, the young woman was swept with a momentary indecision. Part of her wanted to pummel him within an inch of his life. He'd manipulated her, hurt her, used her, tortured her, he was clearly a dangerous man in every sense. And yet, another part of her resisted the urge...not wanting to stoop to that level.

Before Starling could resolve her dilemma, there was a dull crack, followed almost immediately by an explosion of pain at the back of her head. She pitched forward, sprawling onto the floor. Completely stunned, her vision blurred, and the ache spreading through her head made it nearly impossible to concentrate.

Rolling over, or maybe she was being pushed onto her back, Starling saw Gabe looming over her. He drove the butt of a machine gun down into her stomach, blasting the air from her lungs and leaving her writhing in pain. Squatting beside her, the fat man stripped off her grenade belt. While he was doing that, Starling lifted her bracelet and tapped the trigger!

Gabe let out a groan, jerking upright as the electrical current of her taser surged through him. Starling lifted one foot and blasted him in the face. The mercenary crumbled away, falling in a heap.

Even as Starling rolled back to her hands and knees, Pierce was there with a vicious kick in the ribs!

"You stupid bitch!" he growled, even as the heroine cried out and pitched sideways. "Do you know what you've done?"

His foot lifted to stomp on her, but Starling rolled out of the way and scrambled to her feet. The redhead was still dazed, and couldn't seem to muster her new strength or powers. The young billionaire assumed a fighting stance, his handsome face twisting in rage.

"You've destroyed this whole facility!" he snarled. "My uncle's gonna kill me!"

Trying desperately to clear her head, Starling backed away as the billionaire advanced. He lunged forward with a straight jab, followed by a big right hook. The heroine managed to duck these, but positioned herself perfectly for his knee to slam into her face! She dropped immediately as her head snapped back, caught flush across the cheek and eye.

The dazed heroine was seeing stars as a hand coiled into her thick, strawberry locks and pulled her up from the floor. Pierce flung her against the side of the nearby SUV. He threw a punch which she blocked, retaliating instinctively with one of her own catching him across the jaw.

"Not bad," Pierce took a step back, rubbing his face and grinned. "Alright bitch, lets do this!"

"Don't call me that!" the dazed heroine groaned.

Pierce came at her, throwing a high punch. She managed to block it but got caught in the ribs by another! She gasped as the blow knocked the air out of her. Before she could recover, his fist slammed into her jaw. Starling's head spun. As she staggered back, Pierce came at her again, throwing an uppercut she was able to avoid. She retaliated with a kick of her own. Pierce accepted the blow with a grunt, trapping her leg against his side before she could withdraw.

"No!" the heroine gasped. "Let go-OH!" She cried out as Pierce slapped her across the face!

Unable to free her leg, Starling felt helpless as he slapped her again before she could recover. A backhand whipped her head back and forth, as it continued to spin under the assault. Her high-boned cheeks stung and burned. She felt weak, fighting on instinct rather than using any of her skills or powers.

When Pierce drew back for another slap, she raised her hands defensively. Instead of striking her, he grabbed her spandex covered crotch! Starling whined, feeling him squeezing her mound as he pushed her back against the side of the SUV.

"Get your hands off me!" she gasped, grabbing his wrist.

"Don't act like you don't like it," Pierce hissed, kneading her pussy through the thin material of her bottoms.

The Scarlet Dove groaned in disgust, her curvy hips tingling as he molested her. She clenched her fist and threw a clumsy punch. Pierce avoided the attack easily, but it did force him to release her crotch and leg. The heroine stumbled, turning back towards him as she regained her footing.

"This is almost as much fun as fucking you!" he laughed.

"You would say something like that," the young heroine pouted.

"Go ahead, bitch," Pierce held his arms out wide. "Take your best shot!"

"Stop calling me that!" she lunged, throwing a punch.

Pierce batted her hand aside, nonchalantly, but when she shifted her weight and brought her leg up in a high kick, he took it full in the mouth. He staggered back, wiping blood from a split lip. The heroine pressed her advantage, following in with another punch, this one turning his head to the side! Deftly blocking her next punch, Pierce's arm snapped forward like a viper strike. He grabbed the front of her bustier and yanked it down!

"What!?" Starling gasped as her plump breasts were exposed!

Instinctively, she crossed both arms to cover herself, dropping her defenses. Pierce rifled a punch across her jaw, spinning her head to the left, then a second whipping it back to the right. She cried out as another punch drilled her in the stomach, dropping her back to all fours! Starling's head drooped, looking in dismay at her naked tits hanging between her arms.

Gawd...he fights as good as he fucks, she thought, gasping for breath on her hands and knees. I have to clear my head and get back in this fight... Before she could do either, Pierce's hand whipped across her spandex covered ass, making her yelp in surprise.

"Come on, bitch," he said, spanking her again. "Get your fat ass up!"

Starling squealed as his palm slapped her round booty once more. Then his hand reached down, grabbing her pussy from behind. As he began to knead her soft little cunt, the redhead groaned in disgust as unwelcome tingles began crawling up her spine.

"Or maybe you're done fighting," he said, yanking her bottoms to the side and exposing her sex. "Maybe you're still so sprung off my dick...you want fucked one last time?"

His fingers slithered through the soft lips of her labia, triggering unwanted arousal and making her wet. Starling squirmed, stifling a whimper. Then Pierce shoved two fingers into her vagina, sending a wave of heat through her torso, forcing a miserable moan from her lips. The violation was accompanied by a rush of emotions; anger, betrayal, revulsion...all born on a wave of power!

The sudden surge of energy flowed through her, revitalizing her body and clearing her mind! With a defiant cry, the Scarlet Dove took flight, right from her hands and knees, rocketing away from Pierce's molesting hand. She flew upwards, tugging her bustier back into position as she went and circling back towards her adversary.

The Scarlet Dove shot towards Pierce in a blur, everything around her seeming to stand still she was moving so fast! She straightened out into her torpedo strike maneuver, both fists extended. The young billionaire had no chance of getting out of the way before she slammed into his chest, launching him backwards with shocked groan!

The redhaired heroine landed on her feet, standing before her sprawled adversary. She reached down, pulling her white bikini bottoms back into place. Then she planted her fists on her hips confidently, staring Pierce down. He backed away, intimidated by sight of the proud superheroine before him.

"You bitch," he growled in defiance, clambering to his feet.

"You are going to stop calling me that!" The Scarlet Dove declared.

Pierce charged her, throwing a straight punch...which the heroine stopped cold in the palm of her hand. Shock played across his face, as a grin split hers.

Starling grabbed his wrist, yanking the man forward and driving a fist into his stomach! He groaned in pain, even as she was shoving him against the side of the SUV. Before Pierce could retaliate, she slapped him across the face, then again from the opposite direction, whipping his head back and forth...just like he'd done to her!

"You think you can do anything to anyone," she said, slapping him again. "Today you're going to learn there are consequences to the way you treat people!"

Pierce growled, blocking a fourth slap and lunging forward with another vicious punch. The heroine ducked this one easily. She grabbed Pierce's belt as he stumbled past her and yanked down his pants and underwear. The billionaire stumbled a few steps, before realizing what had happened.

"What the hell are you doing?" he screeched in rage, looking down to see his dick and balls flopping out in the open. He cupped them immediately, blushing deep red. "You can't do this to me!"

"You wanted a bitch," Starling crossed her arms, watching as the man struggled to pull up his pants. "Well karma is the biggest bitch of them all!"

Suddenly a pair of burly arms encircled her from behind! Starling cried out in surprise as they constricted, lifting her off the ground.

"Quick, get her boss!" Gabe called over her shoulder.

As Pierce charged in, clumsily, still trying to pull up his pants, the heroine leaned back and kicked him in the face! He staggered back, tripping and falling in his half-off trousers. In almost the same movement, Starling twisted, breaking Gabe's grip and spinning to face the tubby mercenary.

"I'm done with the kid," she growled. "Ready for a real man now!"

Gabe scowled and threw a wide looping punch. The heroine ducked it, moving supernaturally fast. She slammed a kick into his pudgy side, then whipped her leg around in an elegant roundhouse that caught Gabe in the side of the face. He staggered sideways, falling against the side of the SUV. Pushing himself back up, he staggered right into Starling's waiting arms. She wrapped them around his barrel-like torso and grabbed his chest, finding a plump set of man-boobs.

"Ain't no model got tits like these," she said, giving them a squeeze. "Don't worry, I can tell they're real!"

"Why you..." Gabe growled, he cocked his elbow, aiming for her head. Before he could let fly, she shoved him forward, bouncing his head off of the SUV and knocking him unconscious!

Starling turned back to Pierce, who was back on his feet and had finally pulled his pants up. She resumed her heroine pose, fists on her curvy hips, staring down the billionaire brat confidently.

"It's over, Pierce," she began. "Last chance to surr-"

"Go fuck yourself, you bit-OULPH!"

Starling cut him off, hammering a lightning fast punch under his chin. Pierce did an involuntary backflip and landed in an unconscious heap at her feet.

The Scarlet Dove staggered as the power surge ebbed once more. She noticed that the rest of the mercenaries had cleared out, and the garage was already hazy with smoke from the fires below. It was time to go!

She picked up the grenade belt she'd brought from the armory. She pulled one of the pins, then tossed the entire belt under a nearby vehicle. Calling upon the energy once more, she grabbed both Gabe and Pierce with uncanny speed and flew to the end of the garage, where a vehicle elevator led to the surface. As a domino effect of explosions ripped through the garage, the Scarlet Dove flew up and out with the two men in tow!

They came out onto the street in front of the Uhaul building. As the heroine deposited Gabe and Pierce in unconscious heaps, she found herself surrounded by a force of black clad mercenaries. Smoke and fire was billowing from the garage doors behind her. In the distance could be heard a cacophony of sirens, headed their way.

Starling heaved a sigh, straightening to face the gathered men and clenched her fists. "Alright, boys, who's next?"

One of the men stepped forward, dropping his machine gun on the ground. "I think I'm off the clock."

A second came up next to him, laying his weapon down as well. "Hey lady, we're just private security officers..."

"Probably unemployed private security officers," agreed a third.

"I don't know what they're talking about," said a fourth. "I'm an illegal mercenary engaged in unauthorized military operations on US soil...I'm getting the fuck out of here before all those cops and firemen show up."

Slowly the entire battalion followed suit, dropping their guns in a pile before the heroine and making their escape into the night. When the flashing lights and sirens of first responders appeared at the end of the street, Gabe and Pierce had yet to show signs of regaining consciousness.

Deciding her work was done, the Scarlet Dove took flight.

Chapter Five

"...A fire tonight in Warden City's industrial district has authorities questioning the buildings true purpose." Buzzed the late evening's news report. "On the surface a simple Uhaul storage facility but beneath firefighters have discovered what's being described as a 'secret military installation.' Warden City PD declined to comment at this time but we spoke with Sargent Wilson of the Warden City Fire Department who had this to say: 'there's gun's and serious weaponry everywhere, and an underground garage that was clearly the sight of multiple explosions, whatever happened here..."

There was a knock at the door. Lacey muted the television and got up from the couch, wondering who it could be at such a late hour. Checking the peep hole, she saw a mop of red hair and threw the door open right away!

"Starling! Are you okay?"

The younger reporter hung her head slightly, her lush tresses covering the right side of her face. She was wearing a simple, pink T-shirt and a pair of blue patterned leggings. She was also carrying an overnight bag.

"I'm sorry it's so late, Lace," she said. "I need a place to stay."

"Of course," the brunette responded. "Come in!"

The redhead entered somewhat hesitantly. She set her bag by the door, her attention drawn to all too familiar sight playing on the television.

"Your handiwork I assume?" Lacey asked, noticing her line of sight.

Starling nodded slowly.

"You sure you're okay?"

"I am," Starling said. "Better than, really." She clenched and unclenched her fist, feeling a bit of Danvers's energy still flowing through her.

"That's good to hear," the brunette replied. "Want to tell me what happened?"

Starling began her story, starting with her encounter with Pierce at the Summit two days before. Lacey made them some tea, and they sat on the couch as the redhead recounted her entire ordeal, including Pierce's betrayal, Danvers unexpected sacrifice and her destruction of the secret facility.

"That's all so...I don't even know what to say..." Lacey was stunned.

"I think I've finally done some real damage to Dominion's operation," Starling declared with a relieved sigh. Having told the story, she sank back in the plush cushions as a weight lifted from her shoulders.

"Sure sounds like it," Lacey nodded. "And like, I'm not trying to push you to go back out tonight or anything, but if you've got all this extra power from Danvers, why not go use it to take down that big bad?"

"I used most of it up escaping that damn place," she explained. "I don't want to be in the middle of a fight with Dominion when it gives out. When I take him down, I need to be ready for him, extra powers or no..."

"Which is why you need to stay here," Lacey surmised. "In case he decides to retaliate right away."

Starling nodded. "Danvers knew where I lived, I can't be sure whether or not he told Dominion."

"Even after what he did for you?"

"It took him long enough," the redhead sighed. "Who knows what he was thinking or what he told his boss before that."

"I see."

"But that's not the only reason I'm here," Starling said, looking down.

"Oh?"

"Look, I don't think I'm a lesbian, because I've never been attracted to a woman before," Starling went on. "But the time you and I were 'kinda doin' a thing' as you put it, it was the happiest I'd been since coming to Warden City. You made me feel safe and supported, and no matter what happened out there as the Scarlet Dove, I felt like could come back to you and be safe...be me.