The Scarlet Dove - Issue 19

Story Info
The final showdown begins!
12k words
4.86
17.1k
12

Part 19 of the 20 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 08/10/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Issue Nineteen ~ The Raging Climax

Chapter One

The Scarlet Dove stared down Dominion.

Her golden high heeled boots were planted resolutely, set wide with her long, shapely legs leading up to her curvaceous hips, which were wrapped in the white spandex bikini bottoms. A golden utility belt encircled her trim stomach, leading up to the white spandex bustier clinging to the voluptuous curves of her buxom chest. Thick waves of lustrous crimson hair fell about her narrow, rounded shoulders, leading to slender arms reaching down to delicate fists adorned with golden bracelets. Pretty green eyes glared out from under a white feathered mask, over ruby lips barely concealing the white flash of grit teeth, belaying the grim-set of her gorgeous face.

Across from her, Dominion's hazel eyes blazed. His face and head were cloaked in a black mask with white rimmed eyeholes, sporting horned designs at the corners. He was a bit taller than average, his build concealed by a suit of battle armor. The sleek metal plates were black, glinting dully as the servos of a strength enhancing exoskeleton hummed underneath. The gauntlets which fired deadly energy blasts buzzed eagerly, ready for the fight.

All around them the lobby of the Summit hotel descended into mayhem. A squad of highly trained FBI agents were engaged in heated battle with a detail of crooked cops. The sounds of gunfire rent the air. Fists and bullets flew alike. A chaotic chorus of angry shouting and grunts of pain tested the acoustics. Yet it all faded into a background bedlam for the heroine and her nemesis.

Dominion's lips curled in a snarl. "I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see you, the fly always in my ointment."

"Your reign of terror ends now!" declared the Scarlet Dove.

"How very superheroiney of you," the villain scoffed.

"You built a criminal empire on my father's grave," she snarled. "I'll tear it down brick by brick if I have to!"

"As well you have," Dominion spat. "Played me for a fool back in that basement! But if you think my plans hinged on the Maddox persona...you're sorely mistaken!"

"I'm willing to bet your plans hinge on you not being in jail," the heroine shot back.

"You arrogant bitch!" the villain hissed. "It's almost cute how you still think you have the upper hand."

The Scarlet Dove scowled. "Look around you, dickhole, do you really think any of this ends with your plans succeeding?"

Dominion glanced around at the havoc unfolding around them.

"Your true identity has been outed," the heroine went on. "Your forces are dwindling, your lieutenants are all gone one way or another...and regardless of what your ultimate goal even was...I'm here to stop you! It's all over!"

With an enraged roar, Dominion punched his gauntlet at her, throwing a flash of energy. Her enhanced reflexes snapped into action and the heroine narrowly dodged the bolt. She dashed forward, whirling into a high roundhouse kick! The air sizzled around her and white heat shot through her leg. Starling screamed in pain, collapsing before him.

Shit! I forgot about his energy field, she thought scrambling backwards.

Dominion rumbled with laughter. Lifting his fists to fire another bolt at her. Gun shots rang out, bullets ricocheted across his impenetrable shield, drawing the villain's attention. Agent Calhoun advanced slowly, emptying the clip of his Glock. Dominion fired a blast at the agent, Calhoun dove out of the way but still got clipped, spun in midair, then crashed to the ground. The villain turned back to Starling with a wicked grin.

More gunshots. Starling glanced back to see Wallace, struggling to sit up, his pistol shaking in one hand. Dominion growled the detective's name and took aim for another energy blast. The heroine quickly lifted her Taser bracelet, remembering that his force field didn't reach all the way to the ground. Lining up the two red targeting dots on Dominion's ankle, she tapped the trigger button and he went rigid! Energy surged at every joint of his armor, popping and crackling. His energy shield flashed brightly, then fizzled out with burst of sparks.

"Wallace, get your ass to cover!" Starling shouted scrambling to her feet.

"What about you?" he groaned.

"I'm the superhero," she winked. "I've got a reign of terror to end!"

Dominion reeled for a moment, the surge caused by her Taser had shorted out several of his systems. He pounded the control panel on his left gauntlet, trying to figure out which weapons he had access to. His force field was fried, completely overloaded.

"I'll destroy you!" he snarled, his gauntlets flaring back to full power.

Starling dove into the air, banking hard across the lobby, as the villain unleashed a barrage of energy blasts.

As Wallace dashed for cover another body slammed into his. He reeled away, nearly falling but able to keep his footing. It was O'Malley, the cooked cop was ginning maliciously, fists clenched. No clever quips, no words needed, the two men charged. Wallace ducked under a high looping hook, hammering a one-two combination into the other man's gut. O'Malley groaned, dropped his hands, and the detective clocked him hard.

As the officer staggered backwards, Wallace caught him by the lapels. With his free hand, he turned O'Malley's face so he could see the red and white heroine soaring across the lobby.

"Remember her now, jackass?" the detective snarled.

Before the corrupt officer could respond, Wallace's fist slammed across his jaw and he slumped to the floor, unconscious.

The Scarlet Dove flew upwards, rolling into a midair flip and coming straight at Dominion. The villain failed to adjust to her new trajectory and she nailed him full on, planting her golden heels dead center of his chest. He roared in outrage as the force of her momentum sent him sprawling!

The redhaired heroine dropped nimbly onto her golden heels, standing before the downed villain in her cockiest pose; feet wide, hands on her hips, chest thrust forward proudly. She felt a swell of confidence, sensing she had the clear upper hand now.

"Give it up, Dominion!" she demanded.

"Never you insufferable cunt," he growled trying to sit up.

The heroine strut forward and placed her foot on his chest to hold him down. "That's MISS Insufferable cunt to you!"

A shrill beeping signaled the reboot of his strength enhancing exoskeleton. The villain rolled suddenly, whipping her legs out from underneath her! Starling fell back with a surprised yelp. Dominion sprang to his feet, coming towards her in a rush.

The heroine rolled, avoiding a heavy downward stomp. She kicked up to her feet, launching a high roundhouse kick at his face. Her boot glanced harmlessly off his blocking gauntlet. Before she could reset, his hand shot forward, grabbing her by the throat!

Starling's emerald eyes bulged as his grip tightened, cutting off her air supply. Servos whirred as the villain lifted her off the ground with ease. Her long legs flailed, she grabbed at his wrist desperately. Suddenly her legs flew up in the air and the ground rushed up at her! Dominion slammed the heroine onto the floor with his enhanced might.

She might have screamed in pain, but all the air rushed from her body when she hit. Gasping and dazed, Starling curled into a fetal position.

"Boss, this ain't goin' well!" shouted one of the corrupt cops running up to him.

"You don't think I know that!" Dominion growled, whirling on him.

"But the device is ready!" the hench-cop said. "You get to the roof and fire it up, we'll hold 'em at the elevators!"

Starling mewled in pain as Dominion gave her vicious kick. She squirmed on the floor, fearing another but instead heard the villain retreating with the cop. She forced herself to her knees, attempting to will her bearings to return.

The FBI definitely had things well in hand. The lobby was a macabre scene, littered with bodies, dead or injured. Yet a majority of agents were in the process of restraining and arresting many of the corrupt cops.

She saw Dominion ducking into the hallway near the elevators. What was left of his men were held up there, in a deadly standoff with a contingent of FBI agents.

"Look at him run," said a voice beside her, it was Wallace. "You really are some superheroine!"

"This isn't over," Starling snapped, her mind racing. "He's got some device on the roof, I heard his man saying it was ready..."

"They can't hold out for long," the detective said. "We'll get through, go up and stop him!"

"But if they hold out long enough, it might be too late," she replied. "I have to go!"

"Go?"

Starling dashed towards the front door. Wallace tried to follow, but couldn't keep up, still injured after Dominion's energy blast. The redhaired heroine didn't even notice, making a B-line straight through the doors and taking a running leap into the air as soon as she could!

As she soared up towards the roof of the building, she felt and heard a dreadful resonance. It looked as if the building itself was beginning to vibrate. Energy crackled through the air. The Scarlet Dove flew faster.

As the heroine reached the roof of the Summit, Dominion was already standing at the base of a massive antenna. There was a panel opened in the side where he was working frantically. Starling wasted no time diving at him. Once more she flattened out into her torpedo strike maneuver and blasted the unsuspecting villain with all the speed and power she could generate.

Dominion roared in pain and surprise, flying across the roof to land in a groaning heap.

Starling skittered to a stop, her gold heels scraping across the concrete. She dashed back to the antenna. Inside the open panel was a glowing network of wires and fuses. There were a few switches and levers, but she hesitated to pull any of them, not knowing what they might do.

The sky above darkened. It had been clear moments before, but now clouds were gathering with unnatural quickness. The wind picked up, whipping her thick crimson mane around her head. A thunder clap made her jump, so loud and so close. A chill crawled down her spine as laughter cut through the air.

Starling turned to see Dominion sitting up against the edge of the roof. His masked head was bent, his shoulders shaking with laughter.

"It works," he cackled. "It actually works!"

"What works?" the heroine demanded. "What have you done?"

"You know, Danvers never believed," Dominion's hazel eyes lifted skyward, watching the gathering clouds. "I always assumed he agreed to work with me largely in part because he doubted..."

"Doubted what?" Starling demanded again.

"That my device could control the weather," he growled.

Shock and disbelief withered Starling's determination. It's not possible, is it?

Her own eyes drifted skyward. The gathering clouds had already thickened considerably. The growing winds were whipping them into a foreboding spiral.

"How do I stop it," she gasped.

Dominion howled with laughter. "Looks and a sense of humor!? You really are the total package!"

Starling turned back to the open panel. Try as she might she could make no sense of the flashing diodes and coiled wires.

"My hurricane will rip Warden City to shreds!" Dominion declared triumphantly. "And when this country sees what my device can do, they'll have no choice but to come under my dominion!"

I can't let that happen! She fought down panic. Maybe I can short it out, she thought, taking off her Taser bracelet. She set it to overload, then pried off the protective housing.

"What are you doing?" Dominion called across the roof.

The Scarlet Dove pulled off her feathery mask, letting it flip away into the wind. She turned to face the villain, her lustrous crimson locks swirling behind her, determination blazing in her emerald eyes. "I'm stopping you!"

"NO!" Dominion cried.

Starling turned and slammed the Taser bracelet into the glowing web of electrodes. An explosion of sparks showered her immediately! Electricity raced up her arm, ripping a scream from her throat. All the fuses popped and burst, as the wires and electrodes flared with blinding intensity. The ground beneath her feet shook and that resonant hum turned to rolling thunder. Lightning erupted from the panel, shattering the antenna and dissolving the heroine's world in a white hot flash!

Chapter Two

Lacey sat at the kitchen table, her hands white knuckled around her cellphone. A cup of ice cold coffee rested within arm's reach, untouched. Her laptop sat open before her.

She had received a text from Starling the night before. It read: I'm safe. Think I found a way to expose Maddox. Check in soon. Get some sleep!

Of course, hours had passed with nothing. Then that next afternoon, a new text that read: I know you're worried, I wish I could come see you but no time. Going to end all this. Then it's just you and me, lover!

That was the last message she'd gotten from her superhero girlfriend. Lacey hadn't slept that night. Her stomach had twisted itself in knots, waiting for a new message or preferably for that beautiful mop of red hair to come crawling through the back window.

Instead, the morning light brought crushing news reports. Lacey reached out and tapped the replay button for the...well, she'd lost track of how many times she'd hit replay.

"Frightening news coming from Warden City this morning," the internet commentator reported. "...this was the scene last night at the kickoff for a bridal expo put on by the first lady of Warden City, please be advised these images may be distressing to some viewers!" The screen flipped to images of the Summit's opulent lobby. The footage was from cell phones, shaky, grainy and mostly of the floor, as whatever hotel staff operating the camera crawled for safety. Every so often the frame would lift up to view what looked to be a warzone. "According to reports this terrorist attack was led by Warden City's own Chief of Police and carried out by a contingent of officers loyal to him." The scene shifted for a moment, through the haze a gorgeous redhead in white and gold could be seen flying around the lobby. "Fortunately, the terrorists were stopped with minimal casualties by a squad of FBI agents, and apparently an assist from the long-rumored superheroine known as the Scarlet Dove!"

Now the frame shifted to an outside view of the Summit. Again, it was from a cellphone, far off this time and hard to make out. Lacey tuned out the reporter as she leaned forward studying the footage. She had his words memorized by then anyway. A small white shape, topped with a red splotch, raced up the side of the Summit. Once it reached the top, the camera lost sight of it for several agonizing moments. The reporter mentions the odd weather patterns. And then the roof of the building explodes.

Lacey jumped as if she were seeing it for the first time, as she had for every single viewing. But she quickly leaned back in, studying the screen, searching desperately for any sign of Starling in the aftermath.

The reporter's voice came back into crystal clarity. "...The current whereabouts of either former chief Maddox or the courageous mystery woman are as yet unknown...City Hall has yet to comment, however state police have been called in to take over law enforcement duties while Warden City PD undergoes extensive investigation..."

Lacey reached out and tapped the replay button in a daze. Starling had to have escaped, she could fly after all, maybe the camera just hadn't caught it... Maybe she was on her way home now... Maybe...

Pretty green eyes fluttered open and Starling awoke peacefully. She felt surprisingly well rested. She was laying on her side, her arms tucked comfortably under her head. She took a few deep breaths. Her bleary vision cleared slowly, bringing her surroundings into focus. Gray cement walls met almost seamlessly with a matching floor. Starting to feel the coolness of the stone beneath her, she sat up.

Glancing down, she realized with almost expected dismay that she was naked. Crimson tresses spilled down her shoulders. Her big, round breasts bobbed with every steady breath, her petite rosy nipples calm and relaxed. Her flat tummy curved down to shapely hips, where her long, smooth legs folded comfortably beneath her. Between them her prim little pussy nestled shyly. Her porcelain skin felt soft and clean, as if she'd been bathed.

Stripped and bathed, she thought amid pangs of embarrassment. But by who...?

She was in a boxy room, not more than a fifteen-by-fifteen-foot cube. There was a steel door set in the wall furthest from her. She recognized it immediately as one of the cells beneath the Summit. She'd been held in one just like it the first time she'd been captured by...

...Dominion, of course... She realized. If I survived I guess it's obvious that he would have. His armor probably protects better than my spandex bikini.

She started to stand but suddenly her throat constricted and her head jerked backwards! Starling fell back on her round naked ass with a startled, strangled cry. She reached up to her neck and found it encircled by a thick, leather collar!

"What!?" she gasped in alarm.

Inspecting the collar, her dainty fingers found the buckle. It was secured by what felt like a tiny, metal padlock. There was also a small plastic box attached to the strap. When she moved it around, she felt two prongs prodding her soft throat. Finally, there was also a ring, with a normal sized padlock connecting it to a long thin chain. The chain extended downward, bolted into the floor.

"Oh no," she whined, tugging on the collar. It was tight enough she couldn't believe it had taken so long for her to notice. Now she felt it constantly, snug and abrasive. She tested the chain as well, but quickly realized she didn't possess the strength to pull it loose. It was only about three or maybe four feet long, not even enough for her stand up.

Well this is new, Starling leaned against the wall sullenly. I can't even imagine what he's got planned for me this time...m-maybe I don't want to! How did I even get down here? Gawd, Lacey must be worried sick... Tears began to well, as she pulled her knees into her chest. Did I even stop his evil plan? Or did I just zap myself and instantly become his prisoner? How stupid could I be?! The leather hugging her throat, the feel of the cold metal chain dangling between her breasts, hanging all the way down to graze the naked slit between her thighs, seemed all the answer she needed.

Wrapping her arms around her legs, she dropped her forehead against her knees. A few hot tears slipped down her high-boned cheeks, but the young woman managed to blink back the rest.

Just stay calm, she told herself. There's a way out of this!

Hours passed. Or it may have been minutes. Starling lost all track very quickly. The only light came from a single fixture in the center of the ceiling. Occasionally she thought she heard footsteps on the other side of the door, but the door and walls were so thick she could never be sure.

After a while, the light flicked off, leaving her in total darkness. A faint, gray luminance seeped around the edges of the door. She wouldn't have called it light, but it allowed her to keep some bearing of where she was in the room. Not that she moved around much, crawling a bit here or there to keep her blood moving. Eventually, the darkness and silence exhausted her mentally, and the young woman laid down and slept.

Hours later, when the light came back on, it startled her awake. She did not feel rested or peaceful. That morning, if you could call it that, she was cold, thirsty, hungry, and trying not to think about the collar and chain locked around her throat. It was a futile endeavor; every breath or swallow swelled her throat against the leather.