The Seahorse Society Ch. 02

Story Info
Trish discovers new friends and things escalate with Todd.
8.7k words
4.82
9.6k
4

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/24/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Here is part 2. As always, comments and feedback are welcomed. I hope you enjoy the continuation of the story. More parts to follow soon. Cheers!

*****

Trish wasn't too sure about the weather. It was overcast and a bit windy and as she drove to her spot at the ICW it began to rain a little. She had hoped to catch Todd after work at his usual fishing spot. But there was no sign of him and with the weather growing worse she didn't blame him for not being out in this.

She drove back home and rushed to her door as the rain began to come down harder. Her glasses steamed and the drops distorted her vision as she fumbled to line the door key up with the lock. She opened the door and then spotted the sticky note over her peephole. She glanced at it and pulled it off of the door then quickly went inside and closed the door.

The note was wet and the ink had bled a bit. But even so she could make out what it said.

"Hey Trish, tried to stop by but you were out. I hope you are doing errands and not out looking for super genius men in the rain. At least it will be raining soon. Duh! Anyway I'm not fishing today but since you're not home I'll catch up with you tomorrow. Hope you had a good day? See ya later. Tell Barney I said hello okay? - Todd"

She cursed softly under her breath. She'd missed him. Of course he wouldn't be out in weather like this. What was she thinking? She looked at the note. It was both sweet and annoying. A reminder of just how poor her sense of dating and social interactions was.

Any normal girl would have known better she told herself. Only you get so goofy and boy obsessed that your brain freezes up like this. She shook her head and put the sticky note on her counter. Then she thought of the first sticky note.

She had Todd's number. She should call him. She pulled out her phone and brought up his phone number. All she had to do was hit the green call button. She started to move her index finger toward it but got nervous. Should I call him so soon after just missing him? What was the social protocol for this sort of thing? She had no idea.

Maybe I'll seem clingy or desperate if I call him like that? Guys hate clingy girl smothering them didn't they? She didn't want to be seen as needy or insecure of inexperienced. She laughed to herself in a moment of realization.

"I'm all three of those things! Needy, insecure, and Inexperienced." She grumbled inwardly. She shook her head and set her phone down on the counter. She started to take off her wet top and jeans. Then stared at the phone with her top pulled halfway up her chest.

What if the note is a hint since he doesn't have my number yet? Maybe he's being subtle? She walked closer to the phone with her hands and shirt still frozen in place. She looked at the phone as if willing it to come to life and share the secrets of the universe and romance with her.

She lowered her shirt and picked the phone up again. Then set it down.

Calling back so soon was probably wrong. Perhaps she should call back in the evening? She started again to pull up her wet rain soaked shirt. It was over her head and her arms were still in it when she looked back nervously at the phone.

Was she being silly? Why was this so tough to figure out?

She paused and stared again at the phone. Then started to turn away from the thing and looked out of her window. Across the grassy landing in the opposite building an old man was staring at her through his window. Until his wife stepped in between him and the window and then turned in annoyance to see Trish standing there like an idiot with her shirt up over her head, arms held up, and just her bra covering her breasts.

The old woman from across the way scowled at her hatefully and closed the blinds to her window. Trish gasped as she suddenly realized that she was flashing her top and her bra to neighbors. She pulled off her top quickly and closed her own blinds feeling embarrassed for flashing the other apartment while debating what to do about calling Todd.

So she walked to her bedroom and changed out of her wet clothes and into a T-shirt and shorts. She sat down in the living room and glanced at her aquarium. Her phone was now an accursed item that she both craved and feared. Should she leave it where she had set it down or should she get it and commit to calling Todd?

In the aquarium her original seahorse had shifted from Burgundy to a strong blood red with small pinkish bands appearing on his back and tail. The other sea horses were growing lighter and one of her pipefish was in view. She stared at the whole set up in fascination, but it kept reminding her that Todd was able to be contacted and had visited and she could initiate a call if she chose to.

She thought about it and decided to call her friend Duncan. He was a big time nerd and computer geek, but she had known him for ages. Surely he had some insight that would help. He could at least point her in the right direction. She got up and retrieved the phone and then dialed Duncan's number.

His voice was kind of gangly and wimpy. She liked that though. He was easy to relate to and easy to confide in.

"What up Trish?" He said and she could hear sounds of a video game in the background.

"Not too much. Whatcha doin' flake?"

"Kicking ass in World of Warcraft ya tart!" He bragged as she listened to the computer game fight in the background noises.

"Hey are you really wrapped up in your WOW or can we talk a moment?"

"We're talking right now Trish. I can talk and play at the same time girl."

She wanted his undivided attention.

"C'mon flake! I really need to talk to you. It's important and I need your feedback!" She was frustrated and a bit annoyed that his game was such a priority.

"What's so serious that you want to make me stop a WOW game and hear you rant on about?"

"I met a guy and we hit it off and we had sex. So I wanted to get some ideas from you on something that's bugging me okay?"

There was silence on the other end of the line.

"Uh Trish when you say you had sex, cyber sex don't really count girl! You know that right?"

"Yeah I do you douche bag! I'm being serious Duncan. It wasn't cyber sex either we made love right here on my sofa!'

Most silence followed.

"You had sex with a partner on your sofa? When?"

"Yesterday!"

"Did you video tape it?"

"No! You're such a pervert!"

He laughed.

"Okay tell me everything? I want details Trish?"

She took a deep breath and then began.

"I met him a short time ago and we sorta hit it off. He was fishing and cast netted a seahorse which he gave to me for my aquarium."

"Whoa!, hang on a sec Trish. Do you mean that empty tank in your living room? What's it been like three years with no water?"

"Oh please! It's only been a few months that I had the tank sitting there empty."

"Try nine months Trish! We were all betting you were gonna start raising spiders in the damn thing. So you got a seahorse eh? And you haven't killed it?"

"No I haven't killed it ya butthead! But I know somebody who might get killed if he keeps on talking like that." She jokingly threatened.

"Ouh I'm scared. Anyway, continue. When do we get to the good part?"

She shook her head and wondered if she should be talking to Duncan about this. He was one of her best friends, but he was sometimes goofy or obnoxious in his poor attempts to be witty and humorous.

"So anyway, he helped me set up the aquarium. Both his parents are marine biologists and he knows a lot about fish and aquariums and stuff like that. He's a really fun guy and I really like him a lot. He has the most amazing eyes too."

"Uh Trish, get to the part where he bangs you on the sofa okay? I'm living vicariously through you girl." He laughed.

She held her middle finger to the phone and spoke to him again.

"I wish you could see me flipping you off Duncan! I swear you're such a pervert sometimes. Seriously, I'm trying to have a mature conversation and your acting like a horny little teen."

Duncan stopped chuckling and cleared his throat.

"Hey sorry Trish. It's just the first time one of my friends has called me to tell me about actual sex that they had. If you were a guy I'd be busting your chops just as bad. You know that right? I'm just curious. That's all. Anyway, please continue. I promise to behave."

"Well the bottom line is that it's not just lust or anything like that Duncan. I have some very strong feelings for this guy. I mean I really like him and he seems to really like me too. He's spent a lot of time visiting me or trying to visit me. I just missed him a little while ago but I have his phone number. So I wanted to call him, but I keep getting scared and not doing it. What do you think I should do Duncan?"

There was a long pause and then Duncan answered.

"Okay, first off it sounds like you guys are having fun and getting to know each other. I assume he gave you his number and you didn't pick pocket it from a business card or anything right?"

"Of course he gave it to me. He wrote it on a sticky note for me."

"Good. That's good Trish. He's fine then with you calling. He wouldn't have left you his number otherwise. If I was him I'd want you to call me if I missed meeting up with you. Know what I mean?"

"Yeah, I thought about that, but what if I come off as insecure or clingy or needy?"

"Trish, you ARE insecure, clingy, and needy. So what? He likes you anyway. If he fucked you..."

She cut him off. "Hey that's really gross the way you say it. We made love okay?"

"Sorry. My bad. Let me rephrase that into something less masculine. If he 'made love to you' and then came back for more and to hang out with you it can only mean that you were a pretty good lay. Er, my bad, make that 'romantic partner' and if he's spending non-sexual time with you too, then he probably likes your company. So I'd say you are totally good to call him up. Just don't move too fast. Let things flow Trish. Your biggest worry will be to not worry. You always freak out about the craziest and littlest stupid stuff."

"I do not!"

He laughed.

"Girls who don't freak out about little things call the guys that they are seeing without any hesitation Trish. Trust me, you have issues. But so do I. Hell most of the people you know have issues. It's okay. Just call him and be your charming goofy self. You'll be fine. Trust me. And I bet you he'll be as happy that you called as you'll be."

She took a deep breath and considered this.

"You know something? You're right Duncan. You may be a big geek, but you're pretty sharp."

"Yeah I know. So hey, now that we've solved your part of this little conundrum, maybe you can help out a friend in need too... tell me, did he slap your ass and ride you like a pony?"

She growled at Duncan into the receiver as he laughed hard at his own comment.

"Bye Duncan. I'm hanging up now!"

He was still laughing hard when she hung up her phone. But she smiled and then giggled. Slap my ass and ride me like a pony? She had to admit, it was a funny mental image and in her relaxed state she dialed Todd and waited.

On the fourth ring he answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi Todd?"

"Who is this?" His voice sounded amused and she wondered if he actually recognized her voice?

"I'm sorry, let me try again. Hello Tawwwd."

He laughed.

"I knew it was you Trishhh."

She smiled. She had had a feeling that he recognized her voice. Which was nice given that she was pretty sure her phone voice sounded as different from her speaking voice as it did for most people who speak on the phone.

"Sorry I missed you. I got your note though."

He laughed.

"Was it wet?"

"Duh!"

"Do I know my whether or what?"

"Oh please, it was dark and overcast. You don't have to be a super genius to figure that out Todd."

"What were you doing while I was writing a note on your door?"

"Nothing. Just running some errands." She lied.

"Like going down to see if I was fishing?"

There was a short silence and Todd chuckled as he had obviously busted her. But she wasn't going to give in that easy.

"Like errands Tawwwd. I do have a life you know?"

"You do?" He teased.

"Anyway, the aquarium is looking good and my seahorse..."

"You mean Barney?" He interrupted her.

"No. I mean my first seahorse has turned a burgundy red colour. It's pretty amazing. You were right about the colour changing. He looks so pretty."

"Told ya he probably would. He may keep going too. Time will tell what colour he turns permanently"

"It's really amazing."

"So tell me, what errands were ya running Trish? I'm just curious?"

She didn't want to give in to the smug and knowing tone that said that he knew she had gone down to the ICW to see if he was there.

"Girl stuff Todd. Geeze ya sure are nosey."

"Oh girl stuff? Like what? Buying feminine hygiene products? Visiting your gynecologist? Going to a male strip club with girlfriends?"

"None of your business Todd."

He laughed, obviously enjoying this game.

"You're right Trish. You're right. I suppose that if you were going down to the ICW to see if I was there you'd be honest and tell me. After all, it's the honest thing to do when you're seeing someone. Honesty is always important, and I trust you. So no problem."

She squirmed and fidgeted feeling guilty.

"All right I admit it. I went down to see if you were there okay? Then I got rained on. Happy Todd?"

He laughed.

"You need to lighten up Trish. I'm only teasing you. I knew you went down to see me. One of my friends has seen you talking with me and visiting me. He called when you were leaving and told me 'your girlfriend came lookin' for you Todd. Best give her a call.' So I knew already. I was just teasing you a little."

"What did you tell him?"

"Huh?"

"Your friend who said that your girlfriend had come looking for you. What did you say to him?"

"I thanked him and told him I expected that sooner or later she'd give me a call since I still don't have her number."

She gasped.

"I'm so sorry about that Todd. I shoulda given it to you before. It's just that my mind has been going a mile a minute and I didn't remember to offer it. Anyway if you have a pen I can give it to you now?"

"It's on my caller ID Trish. When you get off of this call I'll save it on my phone with your name."

She nodded and then realized absently that he couldn't see her.

"Oh. Okay Todd. That sounds good. Do you want my full name?"

"Nope. I'll just enter it as Trish space girlfriend."

She found herself having paused in her breathing. Did he just say girlfriend? It took her a moment to register that. But it also made her smile. That was so sweet of him.

Todd spoke again.

"You didn't just faint did ya? The phone line's a bit quiet Trish."

"Huh? No, sorry I'm here."

"Say listen, I have to get going, but tomorrow after work I'll call you and if you want we can get together then. Maybe have a bite to eat somewhere? Is that okay with you?"

She nodded and then caught herself.

"Yeah. That sounds great Todd. Call me."

"I will. Thanks for the phone call Trish."

"You're welcome Todd."

"Talk to ya tomorrow then. Bye Trish."

"Bye Todd."

He hung up and then she did as well.

Trish was full of butterflies as she walked over to her aquarium and stared blissfully into the tank. Thoughts of him flooded her mind and then she found herself feeling flush and excited. This was something unusual for her as well.

She remembered the lovemaking and the carnal sex too. He had taken her to paradise and also fucked her wildly; despite her earlier reprimand to her pervy nerd buddy Duncan. She laughed again as she pictured Todd in a cowboy hat behind her slapping her butt as she got screwed on her hands and knees on her couch. Him holding her hip with one hand and waving his other arm stiffly up and down like a bull rider trying to make the eight seconds mark. She decided it was best to take a nice hot shower and perhaps play with herself a bit. She definitely needed the relief of tension as thoughts of Todd drove her mind into imagining other sexual scenarios and fantasies.

The next day time dragged. Trish stood in front of a mirror in her bathroom and brushed her teeth. Then looked at her smile from side to side. She made a few faces. Stupid and silly faces. The expressions made her giggle at her own silliness.

She stopped and looked at her make up kit. It was a nice kit; or rather collection of may kits. Revlon, Maybelline, Covergirl, she had it all. One of her friends and her aunt had bought her a lot of make up over the years. They were gifts, and she never really wore make up so now she pulled out her under the sink cabinet collection and looked at it in confused interest.

She shook her head. Make up was as alien to her as it was to most guys. Eye shadow, eyeliner, and lipstick covered the extent of her make up knowledge. Though in her case by knowledge meaning knowing what it was rather than how to apply it.

Blush, foundations, nail polish, mascara, and all sorts of accessories and little compartmented plastic covered boxes made no sense to her. She frowned. She might have to google it or look up youtube videos just to learn what most girls knew from a much earlier age.

What if I wind up looking like a clown? She thought to herself. Then got the idea that perhaps she might want to go down the street to a beauty parlor and let a professional do the right things for her? That sounded much better and she got dressed, threw on her shoes, grabbed her purse and car keys, and then headed to a salon that she had seen before near the downtown library.

The place was interesting. To her surprise a nice looking thin nerdy type guy stood behind the counter, though he was nicely dressed and smiled as he looked up at her.

He looked her over as she nervously approached the counter. The second he spoke she heard the characteristic vocal emphasis that so many gay men use in their speaking to indicate their lifestyle to each other and others.

"Oh my goodness honey, aren't you a cute little doll? What can we do for you today?"

But before she could reply he held up his right palm in a strange "stop" gesture and continued.

"Wait! Meaning what can't we do sweetie? You look so cherry dear. I'm Vincent. Are you okay? Would you like a mint? It's okay to approach the bench dear. The verdict is in! You're adorable. Ya just need a little polish sister. Is this your first time here sweetie?"

She smiled nervously.

"It shows huh?"

"Sweetheart you're a train wreck." Trish frowned. "But not without super awesome just screaming to get out. Honey you have soooooooooo come to the right place. Vincent is going to fix you right up. What can we do for you today dear? What's the occasion?"

"I um, I really don't..."

He smiled and walked around from behind the counter with a small flat box of Kleenex. His strut was very exaggerated and theatrical. He handed her the box of Kleenex and spoke again.

"Offer me one sugar."

She looked confused as he hooked her arm in his and pulled a Kleenex tissue out and brought it up to his eyes as if wiping away tears.

"You're so delicious I think I'm going to cry."

That made her smile and giggle a little and he nodded.

"I knew there was a charming little smile there honey. Come with me, let's get you signed in and then you tell me what you are doing here. My job is to make you look fabulous. But we need to make sure you look the part for whatever the event. So come on sister, spill it!"

She was at ease immediately as Vincent walked her to the counter and hugged her. Then stood back holding his left arm across his abdomen while bracing his right elbow on top of his left wrist. His right hand was pointing and his index finger rested on his cheek as he inspected her.