The Setup

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Steven approached the door. He knocked and waited. For long seconds there was no answer. At last the handle turned and the door slowly opened a few inches. Through the narrow opening he saw Jennifer peering at him. Her face was all that he could see. There wasn't much light shining out from the room behind her.

"It's me, Steven!" he announced.

Jennifer raised her fingers to her lips and issued a loud "Shhhh!", then opened the door all the way. She grabbed Steven's hand and pulled him into the room, shutting the door quickly behind them. Steven stood just inside the doorway. Jennifer had stepped back several paces.

The lamps in the room were turned off. A lone candle off to the side provided the only light. It took Steven's eyes a few seconds to adjust to the subdued glimmering. Before him, Jennifer stood in an amazing transformation. It was shocking and pleasant. The flickering candlelight bathed her. Steven knew it was a 'Jennifer' that had never been seen by any person. Her plain-jane aura had been discarded. Jennifer wore a satin nightgown that extended halfway between her hip and knee. Over that she wore a matching peignoir of a gauzy material that was fastened only by a single button at the neck. It exposed the nightie to view, but hid its details. Steven spied the outline of matching panties beneath the outer layer. The ensemble was blue. In the half-light it took on an aqua hue on the side nearest the candlelight and a royal blue appearance on the darker side. It was a color that complimented her blond tresses. Jennifer had redone her hair, not in a fancy contrivance, but brushed it in a way that gave it fullness and wave and held away from her face. She was barefoot, suggesting the innocence that she was soon to relinquish. A hint of perfume betrayed her carnal intentions. In all, it was a seductive presence as she stood still in the middle of the room, hands at her sides as she allowed Steven to survey her.

It took all of Jennifer's courage to remain still while Steven eyed her. She didn't know why, but a voice inside her told her that she had to do so. Although her outfit covered most of her, she felt naked. In his eyes was an emerging betrayal of the lust that he felt but did not yet speak. Her wearing the negligee was a statement that made her naked of defenses. By showing herself to him in this way she had stepped over the fence of virginity with one foot. Straddling the barrier, her display invited him to come hither to help her cross over completely.

Jennifer waited for Steven's move. He indulged himself long seconds, savoring the new creation before him. Seconds turned to hours on Jennifer's clock. The sensation of being on display was foreign to her. Many emotions flooded through her so fast that she was unable to sort through them. She was a novice tightrope walker midway between posts. She had taken irretrievable steps away from safety. Her partner awaited her at the far terminal. She was frozen, unable to retreat but with no plan for moving forward. She hoped for a safety net below, but dared not look downward to search for it.

She resolved to wait for as long as necessary. She made no movement, nor intended to, until Steven acknowledged her.

In her ears was the distant thunder of oncoming hooves, an impending stampede of events set to rush over her. Her heart was pounding to match the rhythm and intensity of the savage herd. She fought a desperate battle to stave off the outward show of panting that would signal her fear. She was naked in deed, and would soon be nude in fact. She was trembling a little, and hoped that Steven did not notice. She had recreated her visage to earn Steven's acceptance of whatever feminine charms she might possess. As she waited for his answer, she prayed for confirmation. She longed to know if Steven appreciated the presentation.

"Jennifer", Steven said softly, "I don't know what to say, except how beautiful you look."

Here, in a single sentence was placed the acceptance that Jennifer had longed for.

Steven was justified in attesting to her loveliness. He had never pictured her as she was at that moment. The bagginess of her daily apparel had so cruelly hidden her supple form. It was clear that her figure was flawless. Steven's eyes continued to roam over her. Although only medium in height, Jennifer's body appeared long and lithe. Her breasts were covered by the negligee and peignoir, but he could see that they were mounted firmly in her chest and were just ample enough to match her frame. He longed to see the nipples and imagined them stiff with excited desire. He glanced down to her partially uncovered thighs and noted her delicate, but toned muscles. Steven considered Jennifer's voluntary display for his inspection. He knew that many young maidens would be unable to stand such a test. He admired her pluck for doing it. Inspired by the work of art before him, Steven's own breathing quickened.

He turned and locked the door behind him with a loud click that made Jennifer startle as the single sound signaled their isolation from the world. Steven reached out his hands.

"These are for you;" nodding at the flowers, "and this is for us later on", raising the bottle of rose'.

***************

Jennifer grasped the flowers to her breast and thrust her face into them. Their scent and softness were a salve for her soul, a simple piece of truth and beauty.

"Thank you, Steven. That was very sweet of you." She peered out at him from the cradle of the bouquet. Although the flowers covered her nose and mouth, Steven thought he detected a smile in the crinkles around her eyes.

Steven mused over whether Jennifer meant the gift of the flowers, or his compliment. The bottle of rose' remained unattended in his outstretched arm, so Steven fit it into the mini-refrigerator in the corner of the dorm room so it could chill for later refreshment. He stripped off his jacket and set it aside.

Steven stood and faced Jennifer who was still holding the bouquet to her face watching him. He slowly approached her, gently pried the bouquet from her hands, and set it on the chest of drawers nearby. Her smile disappeared with the protective flowers. In its place appeared a doe-eyed girl whose fear was refreshed by the imminence of the long-awaited action.

Steven stepped a little closer. With a gentle palm he cupped the side of her face, a test of her acceptance. He leaned in, still with his hand gently upon her face, and kissed her tenderly on the lips. Jennifer was pliant enough, but offered no return initiative. He released the kiss and caressed her from the line of her brow to her chin. He wrapped his arm loosely about her shoulder and tried the kiss again. This time she parted her lips a little. He enjoyed the softness that he found, the gradual yielding to his advances. He swirled the other arm about her. He probed her parted lips with his tongue. She yielded more. Steven felt her absorbing the first time pleasure.

As Steven took her over, Jennifer realized that she was crossing another line. She felt his tongue enter her. She gave in to it. His man's size and strength, his insistence and his tenderness were promises to her of awaiting pleasures if she could force herself over the final barrier.

He released her and moved back one step. Steven reached to her throat and undid the single button of the peignoir. He ceremoniously peeled it down her arms that had fallen to her sides, finally removing it from her altogether and setting it aside. He raised his hands back to her bare shoulders. She gasped slightly, expecting him to push down the straps of her nightie for a quick exposure. Instead, with a practiced gentleness, he retraced his earlier path. This time he stroked down her shoulders to her bare arms, ending in her palms.

It was a touching that made Jennifer thrill with sensuality. She longed for him to repeat the journey. She let out a quiet "mmm" to show her approval and encourage him. Steven understood the hint and stroked down her arms again. For Jennifer, it was not new like the first time; it gave a different pleasure because she sensed that her reaction had prompted him. Steven embraced Jennifer again and kissed her. This time Jennifer threw her arms around his shoulders and kissed back. She breathed into him through flared nostrils. She wanted him to know that she enjoyed his pleasuring her.

Steven felt aroused and in command. He broke the kiss and looked into her eyes searching for permission. She was looking back with anticipation. He placed his hand on the lacy strap on her shoulder and began to push it to the end of her shoulder.

*************

Jennifer became aware of Steven's intent and let out a stifled whimper. She trembled, an involuntary reaction. She had so relished his attention to her senses a few seconds ago. She wanted to continue but the onrush of progress re-sparked her fear.

Steven removed his hand. "It's alright, Jennifer. Don't be afraid."

"I'm so sorry Steven!" She replied, with tears flowing freely and the trembling unabated. "I know you must be upset with me. You've been so kind. Just give me a minute and we can get back to it. I'm just so nervous!"

"It's alright." Steven repeated. "You should know how beautiful you are right now."

Steven spoke the truth. In the candlelight, clad only in the blue negligee, Jennifer emitted a special beauty. Her bare shoulders had a sculpted look, with classic lines in white marble. The bare arms flowing from them were delicately supple. The bodice of the gown covered her breasts, but their forms could be discerned beneath the shiny blue fabric. It made the viewer yearn all the more for their unveiling.

Steven was disappointed, not in Jennifer, but himself. A short time ago he felt himself in control, an oarsman on a great current of building desire. Somehow, they had broken free of the channel and now drifted unproductively. He reminded himself that he had committed himself to allowing Jennifer's deflowering to be of her own desire. He was at a tilting point at which recovery or cessation would follow. He realized that he now wanted this nubile maiden. Despite his inward promise to accede to Jennifer's desires, he would help her make the 'right' decision, if he could.

"Jennifer", he said, "you're just tense. I sensed it in the dining hall. I should have known that you would still be that way. Let's just take our time."

"I don't know if I can, Steven." She replied. "I want to, but it's just hard to let go. This is the furthest I have ever gone. I know it's unfair to you. Please forgive me!"

Steven knew that his next move had to be the right one.

"Jennifer, lie down on the bed. I'll give you a back massage and we can spend some time together. You can stop me any time you want to. If you want me to go, I will."

Jennifer calmed a little. The "out-clause" Steven offered made her feel more secure.

"C'mon! Lie down on your stomach. Relax!" Steven beckoned Jennifer to her bed. Earlier she had fitted it with clean linens and turned it down as she waited for Steven's arrival. Jennifer climbed onto the bed, head upon the pillow, her hair splaying out a halo around her head.

**************

Steven removed his shoes so that he could join Jennifer on the bed. It would be more prudent to keep the rest of his clothing on for now. Jennifer tensed as she felt him sit alongside her. He took a seat about even with her pelvis. Steven took a few seconds to survey Jennifer from the back as had her front.

Jennifer lay on her front, her face turned to the side away from him, eyes closed. Her bare arms were bent at the elbow and tucked into her sides. The blue negligee was cut in back in the shape of a deep "Vee" that plunged to the small of her back, descending from the lacy straps at her shoulders. As she lay down, the gown had ridden up slightly, so that its hem just covered her bottom. Underneath the gown he could see the panty outline covering her rounded cheeks. All-in-all, it was a gorgeous sight.

Steven's eyes took in the smooth alabaster skin of her back and drank in the lithe suppleness of the backs of her thighs and calves. Her skin was smooth. It cried out to touched and stroked, but Steven saved that pleasure for later.

It occurred to Steven that the design of the negligee portrayed the paradox that he encountered in Jennifer. The back of the gown was provocative; the front was demure. Lying beside him, she mimicked the duality of the gown. She presented one side of herself as temptress, the other as virgin. Thinking further, Steven reasoned, was that not the truth? She possessed an awareness that she had come of age, but was accustomed to virginity. As he saw into her, he realized how natural and unpretentious she had come to him. His heart was softening.

Her posture betrayed her fears. Steven untucked her arms from her ribcage and placed them relaxed and outstretched.

"Let me relax you, Jennifer. You don't have to do anything that you don't want to." He thought that he sensed her calming. Time would tell.

He went on, "You really are a very nice person, I'm finding out. Let's just spend some time together. We won't plan to do it; we won't plan not to do it. Don't worry about pleasing me. I'm already glad that I'm with you now. Just let me relax you."

Jennifer let out a muffled "alright". Steven stretched himself over her and kissed her gently on her cheekbone.

He set out to massage the tenseness out of her. He started by kneading the muscles in the tops of her shoulders. He worked her there for a minute, gently but deeply. He felt her loosen up a little. He turned to her bare feet. At first she started at the touch, but relaxed as he deeply rubbed them. He worked his way to her calves. Her skin was smooth. As she accepted the ministrations her tense muscles loosened and he heard the first low moans of pleasure escape her lips. It was a sexual pleasure, not in the erotic sense, but from the touch of a man who sought to please her. Steven continued, encouraged by her and for the pleasure of touching the smooth skin of the seductive limbs.

As he massaged her calf muscles he Steven contemplated his next move. He longed to apply the same remedy to her lovely thighs, perhaps work his way upward to finally place his hands on that shapely derriere. He might start again at her shoulders where potential abounded. He could work his way to her sides and ultimately those alluring breasts. On the other hand, he could trace the provocative outline of the negligee and venture beyond the point of the "Vee", approaching her center from the other direction. He decided on neither. He felt Jennifer relaxing under his spell, but feared that any assault would bring a halt to the contact.

He moved his hands off her legs. He held them off her for a moment to test her reaction. As she made no movement or sound, he worked back to her shoulders, and this time a little lower on her back. She started purring again. He made no advance that would signal a threat, and just enjoyed the feel of her skin under his finger tips. He kept at it for some long minutes, perhaps fifteen. He slowly became aware of her deeper and rhythmic breathing and realized that Jennifer had fallen to sleep. He made no move to wake her. He sat motionless, lest he wake her. He was not perturbed at her. He had pleasured her in one way—not the way he had imagined—and that brought a feeling of contentment.

*****************

When Steven was sure that Jennifer was fast asleep he removed his hands and eased off the bed. He carefully draped a blanket over her. He looked down at her in the candlelight that still flickered brightly. She looked peaceful and relieved. Steven reasoned that her nervous energy had burned out. He was a little disappointed in the aborted coupling, but relieved, too. He was never completely sure of Jennifer's commitment to the setup that Tracy had manufactured. At any rate, Steven had demonstrated a man's desire for Jennifer, which is what she might have really needed.

As Jennifer dozed Steven quietly opened the bottle of rose' and poured himself a glass. He sat on Tracy's bed to ponder his next move. He considered stealing out of the room to leave her in peace, but dismissed the idea quickly as a sign of rejection. He wondered what Jennifer would desire when she awoke. It might be a long wait. He stretched out on Tracy's bed, his back propped up by a pillow, sipping his wine. He resolved to spend the night in the room, one way or the other. He watched as Jennifer's body gently rose and fell in slumber. Steven thought of all that happened in the three hours since he had picked her up for dinner.

The waiting and the wine made Steven reconsider his thoughts toward Jennifer. Not many hours ago he thought her a nuisance. Now he saw innocence and vulnerability mixed with courage. Once he thought her homely and formless. What a mistake that had been! Perhaps she was a late-bloomer, a diamond in the rough. He was glad that he had not cut the stone prematurely. It might have ruined some of the facets. He hoped for a chance to polish each of them. He refilled his wine glass and went back to thinking. After a while he was dozing, too.

****************

Steven woke with Jennifer calling out to him. "Steven, where are you?"

"Over her, Jennifer"

She rose up and found him on Tracy's bed.

"I'm so sorry; I didn't mean to fall asleep. Please don't go, Steven."

Steven looked at the clock. It was eleven. They had been sleeping for two hours.

"I fell asleep, too, Jennifer. I'm not going anywhere. Here, I opened the wine. Have a sip." He strode over to her offering her the glass that he hadn't finished.

She stood up and took a little. He decided to try his luck. As she set the glass down he embraced and kissed her, taking up where they had left off a few hours ago. He hoped for a response from her and he was rewarded with a return kiss as her tongue probed between his lips. She reluctantly broke the contact.

"Steven," she began, ""You've been very sweet to me." She leaned into him and kissed his lightly again. "Can you excuse me for a few minutes while I freshen up?"

She put her peignoir back on and moved to the door on her way to the ladies room. Steven saw the benefit and made his way to the men's room in the lobby of the dorm.

*************

Steven lingered a few minutes in the dorm lobby, thinking that Jennifer would take longer to 'freshen up'. When he returned to her room he didn't knock, just opened the door. He found Jennifer stretched out her bed, reclining back against propped up pillows. She had removed her peignoir, but retained the rest of her ensemble. Steven noted that she had replaced the nearly spent candle with another and was sipping a glass of wine. Her expression was less doe-like and more relaxed and pleasant. She looked very inviting.

"Steven," she began, "your massage felt so nice. Would you do it some more?"

Steven stepped toward her on the bed. "Sure, Jennifer, turn over."

"But Steven," she said in a seductive voice that was new for her, "I have hardly anything on, and you have all your clothes!"

Steven started to undress, but had a better idea. "What would you like me to do about that?"

Jennifer replied "Take some of them off."

Steven continued the game. "Which ones?"

"Well, your socks and shoes, of course, and your shirt." He did as ordered. As he peeled away the shirt she added "the pants can go, too."

Steven stood waiting for the next command. She eyed him from top to bottom, turning the tables on his earlier perusal. When she finished inspecting she issued a final order, "the T-shirt can go, too." Steven obeyed, stood in just his briefs, hoping for the final 'command'.

"Very nice, Steven." She said as her gaze traveled up and down his body. In the middle she beheld a bulge pushing out of his briefs. She had never seen a man's penis, let alone an erect one, but she knew what the bulge meant. She felt her own ardor rapidly mounting. She was doing, rather than being 'done to'. It excited her and made her feel ready to be 'done-to' again.