The Sexual Adventure Pt. 01-04

Story Info
A couple in love look at spicing things up.
10.8k words
4.38
34.3k
33

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/15/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is the story of a couple very much in love and secure in their relationship that decide to live life to the fullest. This is the loving wives section and as the definition of the category states, it will include elements of both partners engaging in relations outside of their coupling. If this is something that you find offensive or against your beliefs than please move on to a different category.

I would like to extend a special thanks to my editors grandkaiserwally and to Peter who helped me with the story construction (peter you know who you are.)

The Sexual Adventure of a Lifetime

Chapter 1 -- The dinner conversation

Our story begins not so unlike many others, with a couple, happily paired for years and in as much love as a couple can be. The highs and lows of the honeymoon phase were well behind us and the day to day tribulations of the mundane were more the norm. Sure, there were occasions that would break the monotony of life like anniversaries or crazy nights out on the town, but for the most part regular life had set in and the excitement of our coupling was years behind us, replaced by the comfort of routine and the security that comfort brings.

I'm a regular guy of no particular special note. I have a regular job doing quality control in a local steel mill. I stand at a typical 5'10" tall and 170 pounds. Generally I'm in fairly decent shape for a guy of 40, one of the side effects afforded to me by a job that requires a little more than average physical work. I don't look like a model nor are women beating down my door for a chance at a date with me, but on the same token people don't run in haste to grab their pitchforks and calling for the town folk to rally a mob. I would say that I'm right down the middle as an average looking ordinary guy.

One area that I am very blessed in is my wife of 15 years, Jana. She is anything but typical. Five years my junior, she is a svelte blond goddess that I thank my lucky stars for every day. She has a beautiful figure that she carries well on her dainty 5'5" frame. She is quite athletic and it shows. She has a chest that some would say is a little on the small side, but to me she is perfect. I've never really understood the fixation with large breasts as I've always had an affinity for the more athletic women and the smaller chests just come with the territory which was all fine by me. Small just meant firm and when those nipples get hard those puppies would almost put your eye out.

Jana is in great shape and keeps that way by jogging as well as bi-weekly visits to the gym. I don't think she has an ounce of fat on her. I'm guessing she weighs around the 110 pound mark and when she wears a tube top, if she moves just right you can just make out the subtle outline of a six pack. I'm not really one that likes women with big muscles; if I wanted to date somebody with big muscles I'd date men, it's not really my thing. But Jana is fit without being so defined that it's masculine, very sexy in my books.

Jana works as an executive assistant in a small locally owned drilling company and does some side work modelling clothes for an advertising company that prints flyers for a few chain department stores in the area. The modelling work was sparse but it makes enough money for us to set aside for a nice vacation once a year.

Between Jana and myself, we make a comfortable living and have a nice home, not a million dollar mansion but we aren't living in the slums either. We both drive relatively newer vehicles and we are comfortable with our lifestyle. We had decided early in our relationship that kids were simply something neither of us wanted so this leaves us with quite a bit of expendable income. This also means we are always free to pick up and go out on a whim whether it be an elegant dinner out or a spontaneous last minute weekend trip.

All in all we're comfortable and have been that way for a number of years. When I say comfortable I mean in every way. We're comfortable financially and we're comfortable in our relationship, maybe even a little too comfortable. Our situation had become like a well worn pair of house slippers: you could rely on them to be there and fit well but there is no excitement in a well worn pair of slippers. We love each other but we had become complacent and with complacency came the tendency to take things, and people, for granted.

I had stopped being romantic and spontaneous years ago. Flowers and surprise dinners became a thing of the past. Jana stopped putting much effort into her appearance around the house with sweatpants becoming more the norm than the miniskirts that I found so alluring. We were headed down the path of doldrums and action needed to be taken. The trouble being that neither of us realized what we had or that it was slipping away. It was like a boat adrift on a receding tide slowly floating away from the shore. You don't realize how far you've drifted until you look up and you've lost sight of the land.

This startling revelation came to me in the form of a rather frank and somewhat unsettling conversation over dinner one night. Jana and I sat down to our evening meal one night, just as uneventfully as had been done so many times before. The quiet hung over us and was punctuated only by the occasional rattle of cutlery as we ate our meal in a comfortable silence that comes from years of complacency.

I looked across the table at Jana, her beautiful eyes staring off into the distance looking a million miles away. I lost myself for a moment. I didn't even realize I was staring, nor did she realize she was being stared at; we just sat there like two strangers at a common table in a cafeteria. Finally I awoke from my daze, realizing Jana was lost in thought.

"Something on your mind?" I asked, shaking her out of her day dream.

"No, not really," she replied. "Just thinking."

"Anything you care to share with me?" I wanted to pursue the comment in an attempt to inspire some dinner conversation.

Jana lifted her head and looked at me. "I'm not sure I can," she confided. "Something came up at work today that is sort of bothering me and I guess I'm just not sure how to say it. I don't want to hurt your feelings by having you misunderstand me."

This was starting to get me a little concerned. What I had intended to be a little light dinner conversation was turning into something a little deeper and I didn't know what it was about or where the concern was coming from.

"You know that I love you, right? You know that I'm always here for you to talk to, to lean on and to be your support when you need it right?"

"Yeah, I know," was the reply from her mouth but the furl of her eyebrow and the saddened look on her face displayed a different message.

"Well then, out with it, whatever it is it'll feel better if you get it out."

"Well ok, here goes I guess." A long pause followed until she finally asked, "How are we?"

It took a minute for the question to sink in. I just looked at her with what I'm sure must have been a puzzled and dazed expression on my face.

"I mean, how are we, really? You and me as a couple, how are we?"

"Uhh... we're fine," I finally managed to stammer out. "What on earth would make you ask that?"

"Well it just seems like we're just going through the motions lately. It feels like there is no connection anymore."

I wasn't sure how to respond at this point and once again I was left looking at Jana with a blank expression on my face, not quite sure where this conversation was going.

"Jana, what happened at work today?"

"Well," she started and then briefly paused. After a couple seconds of thought she continued, "I was talking to Courtney today and she told me that she and Dale are getting a divorce."

I must admit, this caught me by surprise. Courtney and Dale had been our friends for quite some time and were two of the first friends Jana and I had made as a couple. We spent many nights in each other's company at dinner parties, evenings out, movies; we had even vacationed together on several occasions.

This revelation hit pretty close to home because I could draw a lot of parallels between them and us. As couples we had both been together roughly the same length of time. We all travelled in the same social circles and were in the same upper middle class social standing. Most importantly they were, at least from outside appearances, every bit as happy as Jana and I.

"What happened?" I asked in disbelief. "They were so happy, why are they getting divorced?"

"Dale found out Courtney was having an affair."

Well if I wasn't in shock before I sure was now. I had never known either Dale or Courtney to have a wandering eye. What I found even more unbelievable was that it was Courtney that had the affair; after all isn't it usually the guy that does the running around?

"I guess their love life had gotten a little stale," Jana continued. "When she talked to Dale about it he told her things were fine and she was imagining it. She tried to get him to spice things up in the bedroom a little bit but I guess he wanted no part of it so she decided to take it upon herself to do it without him."

I looked at Jana and a thought came to me, is there more to her motivation in this conversation than what she's leading on? Is she trying to gently break it to me that she's having an affair? Is she trying to tell me that she's not satisfied and wants somebody else?

"Is this all that's bothering you?" I asked.

"Well it just got me to thinking about us. We haven't exactly had fireworks shooting off in our bedroom lately and I started to think about whether you might be bored with me."

She paused for a moment and then in a slightly more hesitant and softer tone she went on, "It also got me wondering if I might be...well, you know, maybe a little bored with you."

"No, I don't know," I said somewhat defensively. "Are you bored with me? Maybe you'd like someone a little more exciting?"

"You see," she jumped in, "this is exactly why I didn't want to talk to you about it, Doug. I don't want to fight about this; I want to make sure our marriage stays as strong as it's always been. I'm a little concerned is all. We used to make love five times a week, now I can't remember the last time we did it five times in one month. At the rate we're going it's not going to be long before we're one of those couples that only makes love on special occasions."

I backed down from my defensive posture and softened my tone, "Well, you always say you're too tired or you have to get up early or one of a dozen other reasons."

"And you haven't exactly put a lot of effort into getting into my pants either" she retorted. "I remember when you would wine me and dine me before trying to 69 me, now you just turn out the lights and ask for sex. That's no way to put me in the mood."

I hated to admit it but she was right. We had both stopped trying. I was getting lazy, she was getting comfortable and neither of us had been working at keeping the spark alive. I looked at her and she was looking back at me, we were at a stalemate of sorts, a catch-22 if you will. We both knew about the elephant in the room but neither of us wanted to be the first one to ride it. Our love life had gotten stale and we both knew it. After 15 years it was the same old same old. It was no fault of hers or mine, it was just a fact of life, physically we simply didn't have any excitement in the bedroom and it just wasn't worth all the effort to get the same old boring sex so we just stopped trying.

"Ok, so where do we go from here?" I asked. "How do we fix it?"

"I don't know," she said while staring into her lap. "I mean I'm happy and all but don't you ever wonder if maybe there is something more?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, we can keep going on with our head stuck in the sand and pretend that nothing's wrong until one of us goes looking for an outlet somewhere else like Courtney did or we start being honest with ourselves and each other about what we really want"

"What do you mean, be honest with ourselves? Do you make a habit out of lying to yourself because I know I certainly don't?"

"I mean, if you can't be honest enough to admit to yourself what you really want sexually than there is no way you're going to be able to be honest with me. If we are going to fix this we can't be afraid to say what we really want. We both need to feel safe about sharing the desires we've kept secret from each other, even if it's a little embarrassing. If we truly love each other we should be safe to tell each other anything and everything without being afraid that we will be judged. If you love me, you won't judge me and I know that I love you enough that I'm willing to listen with an open mind to anything you want to tell me. I want to feel safe enough that I can share my most intimate fantasies with you without being embarrassed and even more importantly I want to be the person that you feel safe telling your fantasies to. If we truly love each other shouldn't we be able to tell each other things that we wouldn't say to anybody else? Isn't that what being together is all about? Sharing our whole life with each other and not just part of who we are."

I looked into her face as I searched for the words that would best suit the situation. "I'm at a loss here Jana. The way you're talking it sounds like you want us to get into some weird freaky sex and you're just trying to find a way to break it to me."

"Not at all," she said," or at least not that I know of right now, but if we travel this road we might find a thing or two that could fall a little off the beaten path so to speak and let's face it taste, or in this case fantasy, is a subjective thing. Things that you may think are normal might trip my weird meter and vice versa. I want us to be each other's safe zone, free to share whatever is on our mind and not have to worry about losing each other's love or respect."

"Ok, I think I see what you're saying but again, where do we go from here?"

"Well I guess the first place to start is honesty. We need to have honest communication and share our fantasies. With open and honest communication and maybe with a little patience we can start to understand what things lurk beneath the surface that get our motors running. We need to start sharing those dark secrets with each other to get a better understanding of what each of us really wants."

I had to admit this proposal of Jana's was sounding better all the time. Despite years of prodding I've never been able to convince her to share her fantasies with me so even if we just talk about her turn-ons it's a win for me, and who knows, maybe from there we start getting a little more adventurous in the bedroom. Well if that's not a win/win than nothing is.

"This all sounds well and good Jana, but where do we start?"

"That I don't know yet, but knowing that we are open to at least looking at finding a solution before there is a huge problem is a good start. I guess for now we take some time to digest what this all means and what we want to accomplish and we go from there."

Chapter 2 -- The birth of an agreement

The next day I was a little distracted at work after the rather unsettling conversation I'd had with Jana. Compounding the problem was the fact that I'd gotten next to no sleep either after tossing around in bed all night. My imagination was running away with all that I had been told and it wasn't long before my mind was making mountains where only mole hills could be found.

When I got home that night I confronted Jana again. My imagination had run away like a freight train over the course of the day and by the time I got home I had convinced myself she was most likely already in the process of filing for a divorce and preparing to run away with some tall stud with a nine inch cock. My fears were quickly laid to rest and Jana explained that my thoughts were the very opposite of what was really at the heart of the conversation.

" I love you so much" she explained, "In you I've found the person that I want to share everything with... my hopes, fears... successes and failures and yes, my fantasies and my body. I didn't bring this all up because I'm not happy, I brought this all up because I want to stay this happy for ever and I want to know that I'm doing everything I can to make sure you're happy too. I want to be the person that you look at and your heart skips a beat, the person you can't imagine living without because that's what you are to me."

"But you already are all those things to me and more," I told her. "If we didn't change a single thing, I would still be happy just to be with you for the rest of my life."

She looked at me and smiled, reached out and took my hand in hers and then in a most calming and loving way she said, "I know. That's what makes it possible, that's what can make it work so well. If it wasn't for that overwhelming love you feel for me and the love I feel for you, we would never be able to humor the thought of being adventurous because our own insecurities about what we mean to each other would always stop us from letting loose. It is only because we are so secure in our feelings for each other that we can take it to an even better place."

I had to admit, her words had calmed me quite a bit and I was feeling significantly better. I was starting to realize she wasn't trying to trade me in on a newer model, but rather she was just trying to add a little dessert to our prime rib dinner. With this epiphany, I once again started to see the potential in what we were talking about and the excitement that it could bring.

As I sat awash in the feelings of love I was now enjoying, my train of thought was interrupted as Jana renewed the conversation.

"Sooooo," she said as I regained my focus, "I was thinking today and I have a proposal for you. I thought a lot about this proposal and I have to tell you, I think it's pretty exciting so hopefully you will too. It will be a game of sorts but a very exciting and very naughty game. Do you want to hear it?"

I started to feel the nervousness creep back into my stomach, "Ok," I replied, "let me have it."

"I propose that once every month, say for example the first Sunday of each new month, we will present each other with one of our sexual fantasies. We will give it to each other in written form with as much detail as possible. I'm not saying it has to be a graphic novel but it has to be a little more than just a sentence or two. From there we will each have the rest of the month to try to come as close to filling that fantasy as possible."

"We'll need some ground rules I think." she continued. "First of all, we can't outright say no. Once a fantasy has been presented it must be filled as close to the fantasy as possible. The only reason for modifying the fantasy is because physical limitations may prevent part of the fantasy from being possible. That means you can't ask me to masturbate with a dildo that's bigger than your leg, it won't fit, get over it, it's never going to happen. Secondly, there can be no request made that could get somebody in trouble with the law or have a significant adverse affect on somebody's life. That means you can't tell me you've always fantasized about me running naked through downtown and expect me to do it because I'll get arrested."

I looked at Jana and hesitantly I explained, "I don't know if I feel comfortable with not being able to say no. What if it's something that there is just no way I can make myself do?"

"Ah, way ahead of you on that. We will each get 1 veto"

"A veto?" I asked.

"Yes, we can each have a one time veto that we can use to say no."

"Ok, seems reasonable I guess."

Then she continued, "I think to be fair and to keep everybody as open minded as possible we should have one more rule with the veto. I think if anybody exercises their veto power, then both fantasies are cancelled for the month and we start again the following month, that way you have something to lose if you use your veto power."