The Shadow That Binds Ch. 05

Story Info
And so the battle begins.
1.7k words
4.65
11.6k
1

Part 5 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/07/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

oh here is chapter five dont yell at me about the ending there is two more chapters to go as always a huge thanks to my editor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The men were rushing about getting organised. Within two hours Damien had them ready for battle. They all stood at the front of the castle ready to face the army that James and Claire had assembled. Damien grabbed me as I made my way out of the castle.

"Where the hell do you think you are going?" he shouted at me.

"Where do you think? I'm not going to stay in here and let them kill me!"

"Tough! Get inside and stay there. You're in no fit state to go anywhere!" he said as he dragged me into the castle.

I pulled away from him. "Are you forgetting who runs this clan?" I shouted at him.

"No, but you forget that I'm your mate and I will do what I have to, to protect you." he shouted back.

"I may be your mate but I'm fighting Claire whether you like it our not!"

"No! You're not!" he shouted as he grabbed my arm and dragged me into my bedroom. "Stay in here until I come back for you!" he shouted as he slammed the door.

I heard him lock the door. I screamed and kicked at the door, but it was no use. I went to the balcony. Damien and Leo were yelling at the troops getting them into line. James was with the army on the other side, but Claire was no where to be seen.

I knew she would be lurking about somewhere and I knew I wasn't safe where I was. James yelled an order as did Damien and Leo. Both sides charged full pelt at each other.

I had to get out of the room! I turned to the door and made a sharp movement with my hands. The door was blasted off its hinges. I ran quickly to the throne room. I still don't know, even to this day, what made me go there. But I did; and there sitting on my throne was Claire.

"I was wondering where you were." I said

"Bold as ever little one." she said.

"So, what can I do for you Claire?" I asked.

"Die!" she shouted at me. As she did she lunged at me from the throne. I pushed my hands up and Claire went flying backwards into the throne.

"If it's a fight you want, then so be it, a fight you shall have!" she yelled at me.

As she stood up a swirling black shadow started to appear around her body. I called on my powers and a mass of white light surrounded me. We both threw the energy field at each other at the same time. It sending us both flying.

I landed hard on my back, which I was glad of! I didn't want to harm the baby. I stood as quickly as I could. Claire was already on her feet. She ran and I followed her.

 

She ran right into the room with the pentagram on the floor. She stood in the middle, and she again tried to conjure the black shadow. I dodged it with ease. I felt for my powers again. This time instead of the fire coming out of my hands it erupted from the floor in the shape of a pentagram.

I manipulated the flame around my body and sent it straight towards Claire. She couldn't block it. I can still hear her screams to this day! But it wasn't enough to stop her she stood there. Her hair, body, and face badly burned from the flames.

I knew I needed to get to the book of shadows, so I ran to the library. The book of shadows was sitting on a stand. I flipped it open I went straight to the back of the book. This spell wasn't easy I needed three drops of blood from Claire as well as her powers! Why is nothing easy?

I could hear footsteps coming from behind me. There was only one way in or out of the library, and that was the door. Claire stepped through the door. I made a sharp movement with my hands and Claire went crashing down the stairs I ran to my room I was rummaging around in the chest of drawers.

I knew that Damien kept a dagger in here encase of an emergency. Well, this definitely counted as an emergency, that's for sure. I found the dagger and slipped it into my dress so that Claire wouldn't see it.

I went out to the balcony. The battle that was raging on the field in front of the castle was a cruel one, and that was putting it mildly. The werewolves had changed. There was a seemingly random mass of moving forms; and the forms were hacking and biting at anyone they could! The vampires had also changed but they were human looking.

It wouldn't be long before Claire came looking for me, so I ran back to the throne room. As I reached the throne I felt a sharp pain in my back and I was sent flying into the throne. It splintered into a thousand pieces. I could feel the blood running down my back.

"You didn't think I could do that, did you, little one?" Claire said.

She was right of course. I didn't think she had that sort of power. I got to my feet and faced Claire. There, standing next to her, was a figure in black.

I couldn't see its face, but I knew who it was. I prayed that she was on my side. I was transfixed on her. I ignored Claire. I didn't notice that Claire was lunging in for the kill. The shadowy figure glided across to me and shielded me from Claire.

Then as I watched Claire scream in anger the figure entered my body. It was then I saw and understood everything. I took the dagger that I had hidden in my dress and ran forward and stabbed Claire. I only got her in the arm, but it was enough. I had her blood on it! Again she tried to stab me but I was protected by Alana.

"How is this possible!" Claire was screaming at me.

I looked at her, "Do you honestly think that after everything that you have done you would be protected?" I asked.

I took her blood and cut my hand and mixed our blood. I could actually feel her blood surge through me like daggers trying to stab every inch of me. As it did the baby kicked me. I placed my hand on my stomach to try and clam the baby. I could feel the surge of power! I had her powers! It was now or never.

I ran to the room with the pentagram. Claire followed me I expected that she would I just hoped that if I didn't survive that Damien would save the baby. I waited in the room with the pentagram. I found Damien through our bond.

"Damien will you promise me something?"

He replied "I'm busy at the moment cant this wait?" he said annoyed at the interruption.

"No! It can't. Promise me that if anything happens to me that you will save the baby and raise it; please Damien promise me this!" I said.

"Why are you saying this? We just killed James I think its over." he said.

"For you yes, but I have to do something dangerous to get rid of Claire and I'm not sure if I will live." I said.

"No! Let me deal with her." he said.

I could feel his panic.

"No you can't! Damien it's not your fault that you're a vampire, it's Claire's! I love you take care of our child." I said.

Then I blocked him out as I needed to be focused for this. I dropped some of my blood at each of the points of the pentagram then stood in the middle next to the table Claire sauntered in.

"So have you given up little one?" she asked.

"I will never give my self up to someone like you!" I said.

"Foolish to the last! Do you think that if you die I wont come after your baby?" she said with a grin on her face.

" You won't! I won't let you just like Alana didn't let you hurt me." I said.

Her eyes widened with shock. "Are you so foolish as to think that when we die we truly leave the ones we love?" I said.

With a grin she started to growl.

"You thought that by killing Alana and turning John that you would break their bond. But, there is something you never counted on." I said.

"And what would that be?" she asked through clenched teeth.

"The fact that if you truly love someone they never leave you; no matter what! Love is the only thing that survives death and you got pissed off because no one loved you. No one would remember you after your gone. I may die but at least you will go down with me!" I said.

"If you die so does your child!" she said.

"Wrong again Claire. My baby is old enough to breath on its own. It will live, but I can't say the same for you."

She tried to lunge at me again, but Alana protected me.

I opened the bond to Damien. " Damien I love you and I will always protect you and watch over our child!"

I closed the bond before he could say anything, but I heard him scream at me not to do anything. I didn't listen I reached down into my powers and I called upon them! All the room started to glow white. I knew it was now or never.

"Spirit of the witches rise course unseen across the skies' blood to blood I call to thee blood to blood destroy us three!"

I saw the fear rise in Claire's face. "You don't know what you have done! You will kill us all!" she screamed.

"That's the plan." I said.

The room glowed brighter and brighter it washed over me I felt at peace for once. Claire was screaming in pain. Then there was almost nothing. I heard an almighty bang. The last thing I remember before blacking out was a sense of flying. Just before I succumbed to the blackness I felt my water break.