The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 22

Story Info
Dante starts to train the Pack and Lily shows some fangs...
2.2k words
4.65
10.2k
17

Part 23 of the 45 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/01/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A huge thank you to my editor Tex Beethoven for another amazing job and collaboration, thank you Tex you rock!!

Book 1

Chapter 22

Lily and Dante woke up early Monday morning, ready to start another busy week at the compound. They drank their coffee and ate their breakfast, before Lily climbed into her new truck as Dante climbed into his prized Chevelle, and they both headed toward the O'Connor compound. They had decided to skip breakfast at the dining hall, and to show up an hour before they were to start their lessons and training, so they could unload Lily's truck into a storage area in the compound that had been set aside for their use. They had just finished unloading, when it was time for Lily to go meet her Mother to start her rounds and Dante had to be in the library. They kissed quickly, and each made their way to their first task of the week.

An hour later Dante was almost to the pistol range to start his first round of training the Pack. This should prove interesting, he thought.

He arrived at the range to see Ben holding court, getting the first round of wolves ready for their lesson. Ben informed Dante after they'd greeted each other, that everyone had either brought their own pistol, or had been issued one today. There was plenty of ammo, and the first 25 students were already here and ready for him.

Thanks to some quick work during the past few days, the pistol range had been expanded to 25 lanes, so everyone would have someplace to practice the entire time and no one would have to take turns.

Dante put his thoughts together, then gathered everyone to listen to him as he addressed the group. He stood at one of the firing lanes, his body turned away from the line as he spoke.

"Ladies, men, I'm here to teach you how to shoot. As wolves, most of you have probably never felt the need to use a firearm, but that is antiquated thinking. When your life is on the line, and your brothers' and sisters' lives, your mates' and your very Pack's, you will need to use every weapon and advantage at your disposal to render your enemy dead, and ensure that the ones you love will see a tomorrow. We live in a modern world and walk upon a modern battlefield. We are an old race and most of you still remember and live the old ways, although I'm the new kid on the block, but as times and technology change, so must we. When you can reach out and strike a fatal blow against your enemy before they have a chance to strike a single blow against you and your loved ones, you will have finally understood deep down, the necessity of what I am here to teach you. Please pay attention and learn well."

He had been looking at each person gathered there, making eye contact as he spoke to them. When he finished speaking, he reached behind himself and within an instant had a Spartan in his hand and was sending all nine bullets downrange without blinking, all within the span of a few seconds, with his arm extended flat away from him.

25 sets of eyes stared downrange at the target. There was a cluster of nine holes, all dead center in the silhouette's head. Dante was again staring at them when he holstered his gun and spoke again, "Until each and every one of you can do that, I am going to be riding your ass endlessly without fail."

A rather attractive blonde wolf spoke up at that, "Is that a promise, Alpha Heir? I wouldn't mind your riding my ass and taking me for a test drive, if you know what I mean."

Everyone burst out in laughter as she grinned at him saucily.

Dante joined in the laughter and rolled his eyes. When everyone quieted down he spoke with a smirk and mirth in his voice, "My mate may have an issue with that proposition... Helen, is it? But you're welcome to ask Lily what she thinks about it when you see her. I'd recommend seeking immediate cover should you choose to do so, however. I haven't witnessed it yet, but her mother and father tell me she can have quite the temper when she chooses to exercise it."

Ben and a few others chuckled, as they had seen it themselves, and didn't want any part of it.

Dante again spoke up, "Ok wolves, approach your firing lane and place your weapon on the bench in front of you. Let's begin and make some noise."

Dante first drilled them on firearm safety, as a few of them had never handled a handgun before. He taught them proper stance and grip, and went down the line one by one, adjusting and helping everyone. He explained how to use the sights, and that until it became second nature they would use them to aim, but after enough time and practice they wouldn't need the sights anymore. He explained the need for control and for being conservative in their motions, and how to eject and replace the magazine and resume firing as soon as possible.

"Control is smooth, smooth is fast, and fast means victory. Control, smooth. But control also means accuracy, which is as crucial as speed, so at the beginning take all the time you need to perfect your control. But you have one major advantage over the humans. Let the natural ability of your wolf's speed and senses guide you."

At the end of the hour, many rounds had been expended and everyone was at least comfortable using their handgun. Several wolves of both genders were already showing promise and improvement. He knew it would be weeks before they would be ready to move on to more advanced techniques. By the time he was finished with them they would be able to fire accurately and quickly from any position, on the run, and in home and urban environments.

He packed up his things, reminding them to clean and oil their weapons before storing them away, and accompanied by Ben and many of those who had been there, made his way over to the Training Hall.

He met Lily as she was walking in and gave her a squeeze and a kiss. They got ready and went on their run before running through their workout sessions before they wrapped up and headed into the Hall.

It was weapons day for Dante and another session of hand to hand and progress towards weapons mastery for Lily. The time passed quickly. and soon lunchtime was upon them, and they cleaned up before making their way to the dining hall.

They joined Odin and Victoria and started chatting. Odin asked how the first firearms lesson had gone and what he thought. Lily leaned in, wanting to hear, as she was curious too. Dante reported that it had gone pretty well and that it would take time, but he was confident he could get the Pack trained and ready for war, should it ever come calling.

He decided to be a bit of a smart ass and glanced sideways at Lily and smirked, before telling Odin, with all the innocence he could manage, about the blonde wolf asking him if he could take her for a test ride, and his response about asking Lily's permission.

"What?!?!?" Lily screamed out in a voice so loud it filled the hall!

Dante turned to her with an innocent expression, but Lily's eyes blazed with fire and her voice was shrill and laced with venom.

"You just tell that bitch to come ask me that fucking question! I'll kick her ass and show her just what the fuck my answer is! You're my mate and mine alone, I don't share you with anyone!"

Lily was breathing hard as she looked around, and seeing everyone staring at her, she blushed deeply before staring at Dante, realizing he was grinning broadly and struggling not to laugh.

She straightened her shoulders before she spoke again, with an eyebrow raised haughtily, "Well, I don't. I still remember the first word I thought, once I realized you were my mate: 'Mine'. And the first word you spoke once you realized I was yours: 'Mine'. Those words came from our cores, and they will guide us to our dying day, which hopefully will be on the same day a long time from now. You are mine for life, and I am yours. Agreed, my beloved?"

"Absolutely, my beloved: until my final breath, I am yours."

Once the smoke cleared, the rest of lunch was uneventful, although everyone was still snickering over Lily's outburst. (Except for Helen, who had quietly fled the building.)

While Lily and Dante were walking back to the Training Center she said quietly to him, "I know what you did, you set me off on purpose, and I'm going to get you for that. I can promise you that, Dante. Just because I love you more than life itself doesn't mean I won't punish you mercilessly. Sometimes you require training, my laddie."

He smiled, wondering just how Lily would get her revenge, and certain it would be memorable. They spent the next hour after lunch in more weapons and combat practice. When Lily would normally have left, she was now scheduled to stay for firearms training, and Dante would lose an hour of practice time, so instead he could train the others in the Pack who hadn't been there this morning, as well as Lily. Ben was allowed to double up twice a day as was Sara. Ben was expected to lead everyone as Top Beta and as the only current Level 5, so he was double dipping to get trained up quicker to be an example. And of course, Sara didn't want to be overshadowed in anything.

They made their way to the pistol range, and Dante had everyone gather around as he gave his speech and demonstration for the second time that day. Again, it got the point across, and again everyone was amazed and speechless.

He could feel a wave of lust and desire coming from Lily through the bond. Anytime she saw him show off a bit or flex his muscle she tended to get worked up and started wanting him. He didn't mean to show off really, but he wasn't able to help it much when he had to demonstrate his skills or place his stamp on something or someone (which really hadn't needed to happen much yet).

They broke up after that and everyone went to their assigned firing lanes. Lily had brought her Custom Carry, and due to her sessions with Dante yesterday and the day before, she was already well ahead of many of the others there.

Dante again went through the same points and individual coaching he'd done that morning. He was able to spend a short period of time coaching his mate and watching her shoot. Like Lily, he also got worked up seeing how dangerous and powerful she was, but he knew the dangers of getting distracted around guns, so he kept his appreciation under control.

Once the hour was up, it was time for Dante and Lily to head back to the Manor House for the rest of their duties for the day. They had decided to use the showers in the Training Hall, so they wouldn't see the work on the suite until their day was over and they could take the time to explore it together.

They wound up together in Alpha Odin's office with Madame Alpha Victoria there as well. Lily and Odin worked on some business matters related to the family business for a while, with Victoria helping out here and there. Dante spent his time working on more ideas and projects for his business. He wanted to develop a system where he could lock down a structure remotely, such as a saferoom or a house or building by barricading the main door or activating other features. Dante wanted it to also send an alert and distress signal, so in emergencies a response could be made.

He had been working on it a while, when Odin signaled for his attention. They had wrapped up with the business needs and now it was time to work on Pack matters, which meant he was to be involved. Most of it was normal Pack matters with the odd issue or request here and there.

However, towards the end Odin surprised him with something. A lot of the Pack had really enjoyed the live music and Dante's singing and playing, and they wanted a chance to hear him again. Lily gave her enthusiastic approval and support, urging him to do it. She loved listening to him, and any chance she had, she took. Dante agreed, and it was set for Dante to play in the main living and social area of the Manor House in a more intimate concert-like setting. There would be speakers and sound equipment set up so he could play either his acoustic or electric guitar, depending on the song. The rest of the Pack matters went smoothly, and it was time for dinner.

***

Please remember to vote and comment or leave feedback on every chapter!