The Silver Guardian Bk. 01 Ch. 31

Story Info
The Alpha Conclave and the Silver Guardian...
4.7k words
4.82
10.4k
15

Part 32 of the 45 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/01/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A huge thank you to my editor Tex Beethoven for another amazing job and collaboration, thank you Tex you rock!!!

Book 1

Chapter 31

The days and weeks following the Grand Est visit passed quickly with all the work everyone had to do during the week, with their only consistent downtime coming in the evenings and on weekends. Lily and Dante spent their weekends together in their Cabin to capitalize on their alone time. Most evenings and many times during each weekend Lily and Dante made love together and kept their relationship strong and close, even when they felt overworked during the weekdays. No matter that the newness of their being mates had worn off a while back, they still couldn't get enough of each other, and craved each other constantly. Both were convinced their mutual craving would never lessen between them, and they took every chance they could to kiss and caress each other.

As the days and weeks passed by, the O'Connor Pack accomplished more and more, and things were moving swiftly and smoothly. The security upgrades for the Pack were completed and the investigation into the rogues continued as well, albeit with no revelations about who had been behind the attack on Dante. As a matter of fact, very little emerged except for scattered reports of sightings by nearby Packs.

The wolves from the Grand Est Pack arrived, and battle training for them went well. Soon Ben and Sara would be leaving to visit their sister Pack along with several other O'Connor Betas and Enforcers in order to train more wolves at the Grand Est facilities. Everything was moving apace and it was now November and well into winter in Montana.

They would soon be leaving for the Alpha Conclave. Odin informed them that the Conclave would be the first weekend in December and would be held this year in South Beach Miami, where it would be warm and sunny. Both Lily and Dante were looking forward to a warm weekend, even if the Conclave itself promised to be challenging. It had been set up so that the O'Connor delegation would fly out of Bozeman and would meet with Lisette and Raphael as well as the Grand Est delegation there. Bozeman wasn't nearly as close for them as their local Glacier Park Airport, but Odin and Victoria had chosen it as a courteous midpoint between Whitefish and their friends and allies who resided near Billings. The two Packs could watch each other's backs while they traveled, and particularly once they arrived for the Conclave. There were too many uncertainties about who their common enemy might be. This entity had already sprung one ambush, although thanks to Dante it had turned out disastrously for the ambushers. Alphas Odin and Lisette had agreed that traveling together would reduce the risk of anything unexpected happening.

***

Lily and Dante were sitting in the terminal at the Bozeman Yellowstone International Airport. They were accompanying Odin and Victoria, Ben and Sara and two other O'Connor Pack Betas, both Level 4's, to the Conclave. After a short while Lisette and Raphael, along with their Level 5 Sebastian and three other Grand Est Betas, Level 4's, joined them. Everyone greeted each other warmly and waited to board the plane. They were all traveling first class and would take up the entirety of that section of the plane. Soon enough boarding began, off they went.

The flight was long, since they were flying to the other end of the nation, but Dante and Lily napped during most of it to adjust to the different time zone and help the time pass more quickly. They landed at Miami International Airport in the late afternoon and picked up their baggage. Four rental SUV's had been reserved for the two Packs, and everyone piled in to head to their hotel. They were all staying at the Four Seasons Hotel at the Surf Club near North Beach. The evening and night was theirs, with the Conclave starting in the morning.

The Alpha Council maintained a building in South Beach, about 20 minutes away. It was closed to the public and was used exclusively for the Conclave as well as other needs the Alpha Council might have for it throughout the year. It contained meeting rooms, a library, a large gathering hall for assemblies that was similar to the theater setup for Congress, since there would be 200 Alphas in attendance. Lastly, there was an indoor stadium of sorts, for disputes to be settled, since fights often broke out with so many Alpha lycans present in a single building. Challenge battles were conducted one against one in front of the entire assembly, no weapons, and were very serious. They were always violent and bloody.

They arrived and checked into their hotel with several of the group in suites and others in regular rooms. Lily and Dante were in a deluxe suite that would be a pleasant place to unwind at night. They had been issued their own rental car and decided to take a small date together tonight before joining everyone for the start of the Conclave tomorrow.

Since they were in Miami they wanted to indulge in the local Cuban cuisine and the flavorful food of that culture. They picked out Havana 1957 Cuban Cuisine off Española Way for their date and drove over. When they arrived, they were seated immediately and found the atmosphere lively and festive. The smells coming from the kitchen were to die for! They started with a couple of authentic mojitos and enjoyed the sweet, tangy refreshing drink; it cooled them in the warm evening air. They ordered the Cuban Combo appetizer for two, and enjoyed the rich food. Dante ordered a main course of Ropa Vieja, a shredded beef dish, while Lily went with the Pollo Frito a la Cubana, a crispy chicken dish. Both meals were fantastic, and they shared bites with each other frequently, tasting everything served. After their meal they stayed a while longer and had another round of drinks, enjoying each other's company in the lively atmosphere. Eventually they paid their tab and headed back to the hotel and called it a night. Both of them were tired, but they wanted each other and made slow and quiet love for over an hour before falling asleep, Lily in her favorite spot.

The next morning at 8am everyone met for breakfast in the hotel, with many of them gently teasing Lily and Dante about their romantic date and suspected activities afterwards, speculating how they must have been heated up by the warm weather in Miami Beach. Lily and Dante just grinned at each other and smiled broadly at the rest of them, keeping their silence. It was a working breakfast as everyone discussed what might happen at the start of the Conclave that morning. They were all concerned about the tone the conference could take and what might be discussed. None of them believed it would be relaxed or without incident, but in the end they conceded that since they had so few facts to go on, the best they could do was simply to remain in close communication with each other and try to be ready for anything.

They drove over to the Conclave Building and arrived 30 minutes before the opening ceremony. When they entered the large meeting hall they saw the large raised dais at the far end where the Alpha Council would sit. Surrounding them in a large semi-circle were seats and desks for the rest of the Alphas. During the meetings, the Betas and the rest of any Alpha's entourage, including Alpha Heirs such as Dante and Lily, would remain outside the Hall in the large reception area or other rooms throughout the building. From these locations they could witness the proceedings through a bond or not, as their Alpha chose. Alpha Odin chose to include Dante and Lily via their Family bond.

Just before 10am everyone was seated, and the Alpha Council processed in and took their places at the dais. The President of the Alpha Council was Victor Petrov, who was a large man, standing at 6'5", with dark hair graying at the sides. Most people saw him as authoritative and imposing, to others he appeared simply arrogant, but nobody ever saw him as inconsequential. He was a hard man and had been leading the Council and those of his neighboring Packs who were in his thrall in an aggressive direction the last few years. He was the Alpha of the Tri-State Pack near New York City, and from all accounts was a ruthless, effective man.

Alpha Victor opened the meeting and formally welcomed everyone to the Conclave. The meeting lasted several hours, and many subjects and policies were discussed. Alpha Victor was pushing for more aggressive stances against humans as well as within business practices and territory disputes. There were hints and innuendos about some of the larger and stronger Packs beginning to start pushing for more territory for themselves, and without actually saying so, Victor seemed to be not only encouraging such expansions, but also giving a green light to power plays in pursuit of them.

Strangely, no mention of issues with rogue wolves was brought up, even though the Alpha Pairs from the O'Connor Pack and Grand Est Pack had both heard informal reports and bits of conversations from other Alphas about other sightings of rogues.

The meeting was sent for recess so everyone could enjoy the lunch provided for them, so they made their way to the dining and reception area. It was huge, with seating and many serving areas sufficient for almost 1000 diners.

Members of the O'Connor Pack and Grand Est Pack monopolized a table together through the meal, but gained evidence of a growing tension when several Alphas from Packs in their neighboring states stopped by and spoke with Odin and Lisette and the rest, voicing their growing concerns, both about the tone of the meeting and the lack of mention of the rogues. Alpha Thomas from the Crater Moon Pack in Idaho and Alpha Jerome from the Yellowstone Pack in Wyoming were among those who stopped by and spoke with their group.

Towards the end of the lunch a huge wolf standing about 6'8" and weighing maybe 280 lbs made his way toward their group, angling for Lily and Dante specifically. He was Dmitri Raeder, and he was the Top Beta for Alpha Victor in their Tri-State Pack. He was a notorious bully, and known as one of the most dangerous wolves around.

He made his way to the table where the two Montana Packs were sitting and arrived with a nasty sneer on his face, taking an aggressive stance in front of Dante and Lily. "So, this is the new wolf in the weak O'Connor Pack, and the slut he alleges Luna chose for him."

Dante's fists clenched and he growled low and dangerously as Lily narrowed her eyes. Dante's replied coldly and forcefully, "Watch your mouth Dmitri and show some respect. No one speaks to my mate like that, and nor will you."

Dmitri scoffed, "A pathetic wolf growling like a pathetic dog. I don't take orders from you, young pup!" He turned to Lily, "I'd have thought you'd have better taste, Lily. Taking up with a pathetic excuse for a wolf like this: some pup who hasn't known he's a lycan until a few months ago. You should have done better, there were many better choices out there..." as he not so subtly suggested himself.

Lily retorted angrily, "The only pathetic wolf here is you, Dmitri. My mate is all man, and the most impressive wolf in our society today. Your pathetic, misogynistic, self-serving ass can't hold a candle to him, and no woman will ever want to see what you have to offer her, you toy poodle!!"

Dmitri was enraged by such comments and at being insulted in front of so many by a female. No one spoke to him like that, let alone some trumped up Alpha Heir! Bitches had forgotten their place these days!

"Shut the fuck up you whore, I'll teach you respect!"

He pulled back his hand and let fly what would have been a vicious slap, but Dante was on his feet in a flash, stepped between Dmitri and his target, catching his forearm in his hand and applying such pressure that the formidable Dmitri winced, though he tried to mask it.

Dante growled in a cold ruthless chill, "No one calls my mate such names, and NO ONE shall ever strike her! You've just dug your own grave and I'm here as your executioner. It's time to fight or mew, you pussy!"

Dmitri sneered, having wanted this confrontation from the start. "I'll fight you and humiliate you, then I'll fuck that slut you call a mate!"

Dante's eyes turned emotionless as he gazed at Dmitri as if he had already killed him and was measuring him for a casket. He intoned, "Very well. It's time for you to bleed. We will meet immediately in the Challenge Circle."

***

Challenges during an Alpha Conclave were unique. They were conducted in front of the entire gathering, including all Alphas, Betas and entourages, and once the victor of the fight was apparent, it was up to the gathered Alphas to pass judgement on whether the vanquished party would be given mercy or execution. It was a very harsh and bloody conflict each time. Mercy was granted in most cases but not all, and death was a possibility that both challengers accepted, including in this instance.

Dante and Dmitri were facing each other, waiting for the match to begin. Dante, as was his preference, was shirtless and wearing his tan cargo pants as well as his military boots. All weapons had been removed. Combat would be unarmed, with the option of shifting to wolves at any time.

Dante wouldn't make the same mistake he had in his fight against the rogues, he would go back to his roots and his training and suppress his emotions, put on his mask, perform his actions ruthlessly and clinically, and take apart this wolf in front of him. He would hold nothing back, and would take his pound of flesh in revenge for the insults and threats Dmitri had directed at his mate.

President Victor addressed the gathering once everyone was in the stadium. He considered Dmitri a feather in his cap in such challenges, since he was never defeated. However, this was far from the first time he had presided over a challenge that included his protégé, so he announced the contest in a flat, almost bored voice.

"A challenge has been issued between Alpha Heir of the O'Connor Pack Dante Silvrash, and the Level 5 Beta of the Tri-State Pack, Dmitri Raeder. This will be unarmed combat with the option to shift at any point, and will end once a martial victory has been decided. The consequences for the loser will be decided by the Alphas assembled here today. Begin."

Dmitri was extremely fast and rushed Dante, throwing a powerful right hook to his head, but Dante had entered his battle zone and saw the move coming, and with all of his senses set to a razor's edge, was able to counter. He caught Dmitri's large fist in his hand stopping it dead, and without hesitation powered his right fist deep into his opponent's gut with tremendous force, lifting Dmitri completely off the ground. Without pausing, Dante used the same right arm to swing at his opponent's head, connecting with a bent elbow to his jaw, spinning Dmitri around and twisting his fist from Dante's grasp as the Tri-State Beta landed hard on his back, his breath leaving him in a whoosh.

Dante stood like an immovable monolith, not having moved his feet an inch so far. Dmitri growled and flipped himself up, landing on his feet, his face a mask of rage. They circled each other and then Dante flowed past him like a phantom whisper, and faster than the eye could follow, drove his hand like a knife into the side of Dmitri's larynx, driving him to his knees where he knelt, choking painfully.

Dmitri stood up, trying to shake off the crushing strike, and circled around Dante before they both engaged in a flurry of blows and combinations. A few connected to Dante's ribs and one to the side of his head, but all the severe damage was being dealt to Dmitri, and all those watching could scarcely believe the brutality and speed that Dante demonstrated.

Dante dropped suddenly and with all his strength, drove his elbow into the side of Dmitri's knee, causing Dmitri to erupt with a sickening scream of pain and anger. He retreated limping, trying to regain his composure. Unreadable, Dante rose to his feet and stood back, allowing the New York wolf to do so.

Dante wanted to demoralize this bully, to shake him to his core, and to show to all the North American Alphas and Packs gathered here that no one would ever attack or disrespect his mate or his Pack without his administering extreme cruelty upon any who dared.

Dmitri decided he would have a better chance as his wolf, and he shifted into a large russet-colored wolf at least 300 lbs, considered huge for most lycans. He charged at Dante, who decided to remain human for now to show just how strong and dangerous he was, and to stomp his dominance upon this lesser wolf.

Dante braced himself and crouched lower, gathering all of his power and rage inside of him. The arena started to glow slightly, as by focusing in this way, Dante had tapped into his power. His eyes and the symbol on his chest burst forth in a silver blue glow.

Dmitri leapt at Dante, trying to get his jaws around him, but in a blinding move that almost no one could track, Dante extended his body forward and drove himself into the oncoming wolf's dangerous face, as his fist smashed into the wolf's nose, breaking bones and sending him tumbling 20 feet in the opposite direction with a loud yelp and a whimper.

Dante decided it was time to finish this, and shifted to his wolf. The entire assembly gasped upon seeing the largest and most frightening lycan they had ever witnessed standing where Dante had just been. Dante's black and silver wolf was 400-plus pounds, four feet tall at the shoulder, and he stood there snarling and growling loudly, filling the arena with his terrifying beastly sounds.

Dmitri's wolf struggled to his feet, his ears back and his tail tucked in fear.

As if he were striding across a battlefield, Dante slowly, deliberately, advanced on Dmitri.

Dmitri partially conquered his shock and once again charged Dante, leaping for his throat.

Just as Dmitri left the ground, Dante dropped and rolled to his back and once Dmitri was above him, he used his powerful back legs to kick Dmitri in his broad chest and stomach, launching him straight upwards, ten feet into the air. Dante regained his feet in an instant and leapt up as Dmitri was coming down, wrapping his powerful jaws around the hapless wolf's throat and dragging him to the ground on his back.

The two wolves froze in place, Dante forcing submission as trails of blood ran down his teeth and muzzle from his huge teeth. They were clamped solidly into the smaller wolf's neck, threatening instant death.

The entire arena went silent. Never before had anyone seen such a display of power, speed and skill. Never before had anyone seen a lycan such as Dante. Both in his human form and his gargantuan wolf form, he dominated everyone that appeared in front of him, and had just shown the entire leadership of North American lycans that he was the most dangerous lycan walking the land today and would deal severely with anyone he deemed a threat.

With Dante's jaw still around Dmitri's neck, President Victor, whose face was ashen, rose and in the best authoritative voice he could summon at the time, called for the decision of mercy or execution. The gathering murmured before the vote was decided. Mercy would be shown.

Dante shifted as did Dmitri, who was still on the ground, now kneeling with Dante's huge hand wrapped around the back of his neck. Dante would have his revenge and would not be denied by any Council or collection of Alphas.

He shouted in a command voice for the entire assembly to hear, "Beta Dmitri! Mercy has been delivered to you this day. But for your insults and your threats to my mate and my Pack I will obtain my pound of flesh. I am not permitted to kill you for your offenses, but I will mark you for all to see!"

12