The Sins of the Fathers Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You have to go," she finished the sentence for him. She was disappointed; she'd hoped that maybe, just maybe, he might be interested in something more.

"Yeah, I really do." He turned and started away.

Momentarily, Jess was crushed; but, then he turned and moved back across the seats.

He bent down, leaning over her. "Don't you think I'm too old for you?"

She shook her head, No.

"Really? I am, you know. I'm at least twice your age."

Her answer was simply a more emphatic, "No!"

"Can you write down your number?" Jack asked.

"You're so funny; do you have a phone?"

He nodded his head, Yes.

"Give it to me."

Turning it over in her hand, she looked up at him. "Good Lord! Really...a flip phone?" She hit her head gently with her palm. "Of course, it makes perfect sense. It looks like a Star Trek 'communicator'. I didn't know they still made these. Let's see, every key has three letters. Mighty sloooooow."

.

Her fingers punched awkwardly at the keys, retreating occasionally as she misspelled something. She hit enter. "Now, you have me in your contacts. You do know what 'contacts' is, right?"

He nodded.

"It's under 'Just Jessica'." She giggled.

His phone rang at that precise moment. The ring tone: 'Oops!... I did it again'. Jess hit 'Answer' to silence it and handed it back to him.

Jack got on the line. "Hey, Nicole. Did you and MacKenzie have a good time at the movies? You guys have decided to go to going to Mac's house for the night? Okay. Nope, I don't need to talk to him. You know the rules. I love you too, baby."

" 'Oops! ... I did it again'?" Jess asked.

"My daughter chose it for me. She says that way I'll always know it's her. I can't figure out how to change it." He shrugged, unapologetically.

"It's called a 'ring tone'; so, Nicole is your daughter?"

"Yep."

"And, 'Nick', your son?" she asked, hopelessly confused.

"'So, Nicole is?" he quoted her back. You're smart, work it out.

She looked up. "So, Nicole is Nick? Holy shit!"

He smiled. Holy shit's about right.

She grabbed his hands in hers. "You've got to promise me that you'll call me. Promise! You're not leaving here without promising me. I'm cute, I'm fun. I actually have nicer clothes than this. I'm really, really interested in you and your weird family. You know: Nick, Nikki, Nicole, and I swallow."

Jack started to turn away, but she tugged at his arms, "Please, you have to call me. I don't even know your name, but call me for Christ's sake. You're definitely not boring."

Her enthusiasm was not to be ignored. He took her hand, closing his hands over hers. "Just Jess, I'm Jack. Jack Grant. I'll call, I promise." He leaned forward. She closed her eyes. He kissed her. She had to admit for a kiss with no tongue, it was a pretty good kiss. Oh, Jack Grant, your timing was almost perfect. Just long enough and spiced with a hint of, maybe, I'll kiss you harder; but, better yet, maybe we should leave something for next time.

He turned and she heard him walk away. When she finally opened her eyes, he was gone.

He didn't even touch me, she thought a little disappointed. Her phone buzzed. She had an incoming text. It read, I promise!

She smiled and hugged the phone to her chest. Well, at least he knows how to text. Either that or he just figured it out. And, if he did that, he did it just for me.

A gentleman, maybe? A man, definitely. Gentle? We'll see!

*****

IMPORTANT WRITER'S NOTE:

The events described so far in the first thirteen chapters cover a time frame of two and a half weeks, starting the last week of May till about the middle of June of the year, 2016. The story is more or less complete by the end of the July 4th weekend. That is about four and a half weeks covered in the next fifteen chapters.(Maybe sixteen?!)

As always, please take a moment to rate/score this chapter. Your feedback is always appreciated and I read it all. I do occasionally respond, and I usually respond to emails. I care what everyone thinks of how this story is going.