The Smiling Man

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DonLeeds
DonLeeds
156 Followers

"You cheated on her?"

"Yes Sharon. I was married to the perfect woman. We were inseparable. She was the love of my life. She still is. But, yes, I cheated on her. More than once actually."

"Did you try and reconcile Peter?"

"Oh Yes, but it was too late. She caught me in the act and she couldn't get over it."

"So now, you just chase after women that look like her. Is that it?"

"That's basically it Sharon. I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry I hurt Molly. I'm sorry I've hurt many other women that remind me of Allison. I can't help myself Sharon. I keep hoping the next woman will be just like Allison."

Peter was being very friendly during this conversation. I don't know how he managed it, but I was tempted to help console him. He seemed so sad.

"Well, Peter. I don't know what to say to you. Maybe you should give one of these women a chance and get to know them for who they really are. Not just try and mold them into another Allison."

"I'm not proud of myself Sharon. I really am sorry that I hurt you."

"Good bye Peter."

"Good bye Sharon."

13)

I went home and tried to get my thoughts in order.

I know what some of you are thinking. How can she be sympathetic with that man? He's a serial cheater. Well, all I can say is, you would have to meet Peter. He has that knack for making you feel special. Even when we were discussing his sordid history, he made me feel special. I confess, I was tempted to go back and beg Peter to take me back and focus on only me. But I realized, he was never really focused on me, he was always focused on Allison. I decided I wanted to see what she was like. Peter was a man who could have almost any woman. All he had to do was kiss their hands and they were his. I wanted to see the woman that turned a man like Peter into a lost puppy. Maybe I could learn from her.

I couldn't think of a way to find Allison on my own, so I decided to hire a private investigator. I gave the detective Peter's details and asked him to track down the ex-wife for me. While I was there I decided I really wanted to know what was going on in Jason's life, so I asked the P.I. to watch him for a few days. He promised to be discreet.

The detective found Allison with no trouble. Her name is Allison Petrie. She is now married to Bill Petrie and they seem happy together. Allison does volunteer work at a free youth drop-in center downtown.

I hung around the drop-in center. A steady stream of kids entered the center and left again. Finally Allison appeared. She was a little older than me and she wasn't dressed to impress but it was obvious that she had it all looks wise. She passed an older couple and smiled at them. She looked like a happy go lucky person. She headed towards a coffee shop and I followed her.

I tapped her elbow and said, "Excuse me, you're Allison right?"

She turned around and looked at me. Her eyes widened.

"Oh my god, not another one! Please just leave me alone."

I stared at Allison in shock. She was obviously normally a nice person and this was so out of character for her. She stared back at me and then she realized her error and apologized.

"Sorry, that was rude. Yes, I'm Allison. What can I do for you?"

"Sorry Allison. I guess you have figured out, I was recently a friend of Peter's?"

She nodded her head.

"You know, he's really a special man, and he's still hung up on you. I was just wondering if you are happily married to your new husband, or if you ever think of getting back with Peter again."

"You're different than the others. What's your name?"

"Oh sorry, I'm Sharon."

"Well Sharon, I have to go now, but let's get together for lunch tomorrow over there at the deli. 12 o'clock. OK?"

"Sounds like a plan Allison."

She smiled at me and I left.

14)

Allison was waiting for me in the deli the next day. They made a great corned beef on rye. She gave me an obvious once-over.

"Yes, I can see why Peter went for you Sharon. You're gorgeous."

Allison was dressed to kill that day. No matter how gorgeous I looked I couldn't look as good as she did.

"Maybe compared to lesser mortals," I said with a grin. "But, Allison, today you look like a goddess."

Allison blushed and said, "Thank You my dear. It's good to know that I can still impress at my age."

"Oh come on. How old are you?"

She grinned at me. "A lady never tells. Suffice to say I'm at least 5 years older than you. So how long did you last with Peter before he dallied?"

"Oh, I was the center of his world for two weeks and then he ignored me. The lady he moved on to was gorgeous as well. Not quite in your league, but better looking than me."

"Really?"

"Oh yes." I held my hands up at breast level to signify that Molly had bigger breasts.

Allison giggled. "Yes, our Peter has a way for finding the gorgeous women. That's for sure."

She seemed to be fondly remembering for a second and then her expression darkened.

"So how long were you and Peter married, Allison?"

"We met at College. We were inseparable. We got married not too long after we graduated. We were married for 6 years and I loved him so much. Then I found him fucking the young girl next door. She had only just turned 18."

"Wow."

"Yeah, wow. She was a jaw droppingly gorgeous young woman, and I think she was a virgin before Peter deflowered her."

"Wow, hard to compete with that I guess."

Allison scowled. "Then I found out she wasn't the only one. Peter had been enjoying his time with the young girl's mother as well."

"Wow."

"Yeah, now the mother was hot as well, don't get me wrong. But she was 37 at the time. I was only 28. In an objective judging I would be hotter than her and I was devoted to Peter, but I guess that wasn't enough for him."

"Do you know if there were others?"

"He says no. I'm not sure I believe him."

"Yeah, who knows? When did he start cheating?"

"He says for about a year. Again, I'm not sure whether to believe him or not."

"A year is enough, especially with two women. Did they have threesomes?"

"I don't think so. I think he started with the Mom. Young Lizzie watched them and then basically blackmailed Peter into fucking her as well."

"Wow. Some guys would kill to be blackmailed that way," I said with a chuckle.

Allison grinned ruefully. "Yeah, I don't think Peter was complaining too hard. She really was unbelievably hot."

"You seem conflicted Allison."

"As you said yesterday, Peter is a special man. When I was crying my eyes out because I caught him cheating, he was so concerned for my well-being. He basically dropped young Lizzie like a hot-potato. She was obviously infatuated with him but he didn't care about her feelings at all. He was trying to make me feel better. I was starting to almost forgive him until young Lizzie mentioned that he'd been fucking her mom for a while. I lost it then. No matter how nice Peter tries to be I shut him out."

"Do you love your husband Allison?"

Allison sighed. "I should be in love with my husband. He is totally devoted to me. He would never even think of cheating on me. I tried to get a girl to seduce him once. He shut her down before she could even get started. He told her, 'I have the perfect woman. Why should I mess that up with the likes of you?' I'm telling you this young lady was truly beautiful. I don't know Sharon. He's wonderful really. He's just not Peter."

"So you still love Peter huh?"

"Part of me does for sure, just not the part in control."

"I know the feeling, and I was only with him for two weeks."

"I know he's still hung up on me Sharon. He keeps picking up girls like yourself that remind him of me. That's not healthy. Do you really think we could live happily ever after if we got back together?"

"I don't know Allison. I really don't. I just know that he is a one of a kind man that could have almost anything he wants, but all he really wants is you."

"I know that Sharon, and I'm tempted, believe me. But the thing is, once he had me again, how long do you think it would take him to want someone else?"

"Who knows Allison? I sure don't. I've only known him for two weeks. I was just curious what you were like and if you were happy or not."

"Well Sharon, I can't complain. I'm happy enough. Bill really is a wonderful man. You'll have to meet him sometime. Then you'll see."

"Really Allison? I thought this was one time thing?"

"Oh it can be if that's what you want Sharon. But I like you. I think we could become good friends."

"Well Allison, I must say, I like you too. I'd love to meet your hubby sometime."

"So what's your story Sharon? A lady who has as many things going for her as yourself is almost always attached to someone."

"Oh Allison, let's save that story for our next time together. Suffice it to say, I was happily married to a wonderful man until I screwed it up big-time."

"Oh my god, not Peter?"

"No, Peter didn't have anything to do with breaking up my marriage. I met him on the rebound, so to speak."

"Oh thank god. Sorry, I just hope and pray that Peter is not breaking up a string of marriages on his little quest to be with every woman on the planet that looks like me."

"I really have no idea what Molly's status was when she met Peter. You're right. That would make him a truly not nice person."

"Not nice person, that's one way to phrase it," said Allison with a laugh.

We exchanged numbers and promised to keep in touch.

15)

The private investigator gave me a report on Jason. He said that Jason went to a dance club with a male friend and tried to talk with a number of women with no real success. He went home frustrated.

I asked the P.I. to follow him again the next weekend.

Jason went to the same bar with the same result. He tried to pick up women with no success.

I decided to hang out at that club the next weekend and watch him myself.

Jason was trying too hard. He was very nervous when he talked with any woman. I could see why they all rejected him. He was socially inept. I kept hidden the whole time and he never noticed me.

I came up with a plan. I cut my hair very short and dyed it red. I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked totally different.

That Friday I went to the club. My pants were so tight they looked like they might be painted on.

A lot of men were impressed with me. I fended them all off. Jason appeared eventually and he stared at me. He didn't recognize me at first. I tried not to stare back at him and tried to act casual. Every time I glanced at Jason he was staring at me. Finally he approached me.

"Excuse me, Oh my God! Sharon?"

"Hi Jason."

"This was a mistake." He turned around and walked away. I followed him.

"Jason honey, can't we just talk for a while?"

Jason sighed and motioned for me to join him. We sat at a booth.

We chatted for a while and it was much more amiable than our previous meeting. Jason wasn't brimming over with anger. We were chatting like old friends. It was really nice.

"So Jason, honey, is there any chance we could try again?"

He sighed. "I still love you Sharon, and I must say I am tempted, but no, I don't think that would be a good idea."

My eyes started to water.

"But Jason honey, I miss you so much."

"Sorry, really, I'm sorry. But I just can't do it. Good bye Sharon."

He stood up and left the bar. I just started bawling in the booth. Eventually I dragged my ass home to my lonely house.

16)

I dated the odd guy here and there. None of them made a real impression on me. I kept thinking about Jason. Every once in a while I thought about Peter, but mostly I was thinking about Jason. None of the guys I met occupied my mind for long.

Allison and I got together again a couple of times. She was hilarious. I liked her a lot. I eventually met her husband Bill as well. He was a very nice man. He was a little older than Allison and you could tell he was devoted to her. I never got the feeling that Bill was checking me out at all. This was very unusual for me.

Allison tried to set me up with a guy once. He was actually really nice. We dated three times before I broke it off with him.

"Jerry, you're a wonderful man, really. I'm just still hung up on my husband. I'm not even officially divorced yet honey."

"Sharon, you're a special lady. I hope you eventually find what you're looking for. Best of luck." He gave me a quick peck kiss and then left me alone again.

17)

I was just leaving the gym after my workout when I saw a familiar face. Peter was there waiting for me.

"Hi Sharon, can we talk?"

"Sure I guess, let's get a bite to eat here in the food court and we can chat while we eat."

"Ok Sharon."

I was thinking to myself the whole time. Is he here for me or for Allison? My money's on Allison. I got myself a Chinese combo and Peter got a couple of slices of pizza and then we sat down.

"It's been a long time Peter. What's up?"

"You and Allison are good friends now huh?"

"Yes, I think she's actually my best friend right now, why?"

"Every time I try and contact Allison she shuts me down. I was hoping you could convince her to at least listen to me."

I must admit I was disappointed, but I wasn't surprised.

"Look Peter, I've heard Allison's version of events and it sounds to me like there's nothing you could say that would change anything. You were fucking the neighbor lady for a year."

"Yes Sharon, but it's not quite that cut and dried. If I could just explain it to her I might have a chance."

"Well Peter, explain it to me right now. If you say something that I think might change her mind, then I promise to try for you."

Peter sighed, "Do I really have to go through all this with you Sharon? It's very personal and I'm not proud of myself."

"No Peter. You don't have to tell me anything. But if you want me to arrange a meeting, then you definitely need to tell me something."

"Can't you just try for me?"

"No, sorry Peter."

"Ok I'll tell you the story tonight, but not here. I'd rather have you come to my place if you don't mind."

I gave him a look.

"Sharon, your virtue is safe from me tonight. I promise."

"Fine Peter, let's go to your place."

18)

Peter got us set up with drinks and then we sat down at the kitchen table.

"OK Sharon, here goes. Please don't interrupt until I'm done, OK?"

"OK Peter."

===

"I was in love with Allison. She was my everything. I never thought of other women at all. I never lusted after them. I was totally devoted to Allison. At that time she was working for an accounting firm. She enjoyed her work and everything was fine between us. We were in love. Then there was a company Christmas party. It was a fancy dress party. Allison pulled out all the stops. She looked like royalty. Every time she moved all eyes were on her. She didn't even seem to notice.

We were seated with 3 other couples at the dinner table. I was on Allison's right side and her co-worker Jared was on the left. Now Jared was a young, very good looking, personable, confident man. He had shoulders if you know what I mean. I mentioned that all of the men were staring at Allison. Well, all of the women were goo goo eyed over Jared. He was always polite to me. He never did anything that would be construed as rude, at least to me. He was rude to his date though. She was a good looking young woman but Jared hardly said a word to her all night. It was almost like he forgot he was with her. Jared spent the whole night talking with Allison.

Now Allison didn't ignore me. She made an effort to keep me involved in the conversation. Allison basically split her attention 50/50 between me and Jared. Jared's date got frustrated and found a couple of single guys to flirt with. We didn't see her after dinner. Allison was laughing at all of his jokes and she obviously enjoyed his company very much. I tried not to get jealous, but I couldn't help myself. Jared was an alpha male and my Allison seemed to wait on his every word.

We went home after the party and I tried to be extra attentive to Allison's needs as we made love. We had a wonderful weekend together. But as time went on, Allison was putting in more hours at work. And every time she talked about work it was Jared this, and Jared that. I tried not to get jealous. I really did, but it was festering in me. I'm a numbers guy Sharon. I even was keeping a running tote of hours per week. I estimated there were 60 sleeping hours per week and that left 108 waking hours per week.

I would look back and count the work hours versus the home hours. Work hours were Jared hours in my head and home hours were mine. Every time she had to work late Jared stole my time with my wife. If the work hours got to be more than the home hours in a given week I got angry. Now I never actually thought Allison was cheating on me. She still obviously loved me, and I was still totally devoted to her. I just had niggling doubts here and there. You understand?

19)

Then there came a 4 day work conference in Houston. Allison left for Houston and, of course, Jared was also attending the conference. I wasn't too bad the first two days. We had nice phone conversations in the evening and everything was fine. But then came Friday night. You have to understand Sharon. Friday nights were always special between me and Allison. I thought back. I must have had a romantic Friday evening with the woman I love for the last 6 or 7 years. I couldn't think of a single Friday night when I wasn't with her.

That Friday night I was sitting out on the patio drinking a beer after dinner and thinking about Allison and Jared together. Then the phone rang. It was Allison. It was a very quick conversation. She basically said, 'I love you Peter. Can't wait to see you, but I gotta go.' Then I heard somebody else talking and Allison giggled, and she sighed and she said 'Oh Jared' and then she hung up.

So there I was on our romantic Friday night sitting there on the patio, alone, drinking only my second beer of the evening and muttering to myself. Have you seen those stupid commercials for the jewelry store Sharon? The ones where the good looking woman sighs and says 'He went to Jared' like that is the most romantic thing a man can do. Well I had my own little commercial running through my head. Except the person sighing in envy is one of Allison's girl co-workers talking about Allison. And she's sighing romantically. 'She's with Jared.' And then there was the variation where it was Allison sighing romantically and saying 'I'm with Jared.'

So there you are Sharon. I was wallowing in self pity, thinking about my beautiful wife enjoying herself with another man. I was arguing with myself.

'She's cheating with Jared. You know she is.'

'No, she can't be cheating. She loves me. She would never do that.

'How can you be so naïve? It's obvious.'

This was my state of mind. I firmly believe that I would have had a rough night and then Allison would have come home and allayed my fears and everything would have been fine. Except now we meet the true bad guy in this whole sordid story. Not Jared, no, the bad guy is actually an evil woman and her name is Teresa.

20)

Teresa, as you've probably heard was a busty good looking 37 year old woman and also my neighbor. She had her sights set on me as soon as we moved in. I was no Adonis but I was in good shape. I was much younger than her, and worst of all, I ignored all of her little ploys to show off her body. She tried tempting me from the get go, and I just ignored her flirting and talked with her like there wasn't any flirting happening at all. I think that was the wrong approach when I look back. That just pissed her off. I should have flirted back.

Anyways, Teresa saw me alone and obviously frustrated and she seized her opportunity. She let herself into our back yard and sauntered over. Of course she was barely decent. She was in a bikini and a light cover up that really covered nothing. I didn't even notice what she was wearing. I swear. I was still watching Jared commercials in my head.

DonLeeds
DonLeeds
156 Followers