The Society Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

After meeting with Alyssa, Fran and the General decided it was time to give Marshall an update, after letting him sleep for almost the entire day. As they prepared to head down to the chamber where the cryogenic pod was being kept, they had a quick conversation.

"Well, I'm not going to lie, I was skeptical about her, but she pulled through."

"I was also, but it seems like putting our trust in her was a good move. Sometimes you have to take a leap of faith in order to get the best results." Fran replied.

"I guess so. Let's go see what the old man thinks."

They traveled down using the teleportation panel, entered the code, and walked in, deactivating the slumber mode and opening the pod. It took Marshall a few minutes to readjust, but eventually he spoke to both of them.

"Back again already, huh? Just don't know how to let an old man sleep."

"You've slept long enough old timer, time to get up for a while." The General replied.

"How are you feeling Marshall? Any better than the first time you woke up?"

"Definitely better. I wouldn't say good, but shit I'm alive, I'll take it. Now, you got good news or bad news for me? It must be something important if you woke me up to tell me."

"Well, I'm not sure if it's good or bad necessarily. But we do have something. Alyssa was able to get Ethan to talk about the girl."

"Well, that's definitely good news, especially considering how private he can be. So, what did this girl Alyssa find out about the girl?"

"Well, apparently Ethan told her that the girl's primary motive was to harm us. She wanted to steal supplies from us and threaten our order. He also said that that's why he killed her, sir."

"So, there is a threat to our security, what is now for certain a threat, and he decides to kill her and interrogate her himself? Causing chaos is one thing, but to steal from us? How dare she, after all the work it took to build this?"

"Exactly, being in space I wouldn't have fathomed someone trying to steal things from us and use them for their own good, especially someone from Earth." Fran replied.

"It goes to show you Fran, you always have to consider all the possibilities. Consider the unthinkable, the unfathomable. What else did you find?"

"Well...that's it, for now."

"Of course, it's not like Ethan was ever a talker. I'm surprised she got that much out of him. Keep digging, but do it carefully and slowly. Moving too fast will only alert him of something fishy going on. Treat it like when you tail someone, you never get too close or the mission is over. Keep a safe distance."

"Understood." The General replied.

"And keep up on other intel as well. Anything that could be useful or important. We need all the information we can get."

"Okay, Marshall." Fran replied as she went to the pod's LED screen and began scrolling through menus.

"Fran, what are you doing? I need to get some more rest." Fran continued to search through the menus on the screen.

"Okay good. Sorry Marshall, I was just checking on something important, how long your healing process will be."

"It can calculate that?"

"Yes, it can. I remember from back when we first put you in here. I had almost forgotten."

"Well, what does it say? How long until I'm back on my feet?"

"5 days. It says 5 more days until the occupant should be able to walk and move normally again."

"Are you serious?" The General said. Fran nodded excitedly.

"Well then. We need to work fast, it looks like I'll be back sooner than I thought."