The Society Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's true."

"What I do know is that you haven't exactly been helping the Society's reputation with what's been going on down here. If the rest of them do the same things to their people that you do to me, then yea, it might be a bad place."

"Trust me, Kodi, they're much worse."

"Worse?"

"Yes, compared to them, I'm an angel."

"I remember you saying something like that before, how I think you're bad but you're not, like you're comparing yourself to something else. What are they doing that's so bad?"

"Nothing you should worry about."

"Cause it almost seems like you think I'd be better off down here than up there."

"I'll leave that up to you."

"What do you mean? How would I answer that without the knowledge that you know?"

"You know the answer, you don't need to know everything to figure it out."

She was puzzled, then thought for a second about what he said. What was once a simple question was becoming a true dilemma. She realized she was deciding between the uncertain and nebulous space of the Society, and what was becoming a space of stability and consistency down here with him. The mystery of the Society also brought with it the possibility of dangers and violence, some of which she had already experienced. Kodi almost shuddered as she thought back to being shocked and waking up in that dark and grimy room. She harkened back to the blood stains, flickering lights, tools, and weapons she saw while being cuffed with creepy dudes. The Society, whatever they were doing, was not the paradise she originally thought it was.

But then there was him, and being down here. Was it really better? Sure, there was more certainty and consistency, especially recently, but it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. In the past few days, she had been able to work on projects and invent things, helping to ease her mind and get as comfortable as she could possibly get. But he had also shocked her and cuffed her in metal restraints, putting her in extremely uncomfortable situations, similar to what happened to her upstairs. Down here, however, it appeared as though she would stay alive, the future was just shrouded in uncertainty. Up there, it wasn't clear if she had a future. She needed to learn more about him.

"Okay, well anyway back to my original question. What do you do here? What's your role?"

"I'm not that important really. Just another guy."

"Come on, with all those nice clothes and suits you wear, you gotta be someone important."

"I appreciate the compliment, but no, that doesn't necessarily mean that. Most people wear something reasonably nice to work."

"But you invent things and really know what you're doing in terms of handling this tech. You gotta be like a head inventor or mechanic or something, right?"

"Nope."

"Or like something where the Society asks you to work on projects or develop new tech for them, to make things better around here right? That would make sense to me."

"That definitely does not happen. I work on these projects when I decide to, once I come up with the concept."

"Besides this most recent project." Kodi said with a smirk.

"I'd consider it a joint venture." Ethan said as he gave her a quick glance.

"Sure sure. Well, what about back on Earth? What did you do with all this tech savviness before...things changed?"

As the question slipped through her lips, she glanced at him and could tell a difference in his disposition immediately. There was a change in his body language, especially when she noticed how he clenched his fist around the tool he was working with. But he quickly released his grip and returned to normal, getting back to his work before answering. All in a matter of seconds.

"I'd rather not talk about Earth too much."

Kodi was sure to tread carefully for the rest of their conversation. She was suddenly reminded of what happened the last time she inquired about his past on Earth. It was the only time she remembered him yelling at her.

"I understand, I mean it is a messed-up situation." She softly replied.

"What about you?"

"What do you mean? What about me?"

"On Earth. How was your life down there?"

Kodi mimicked some of the gestures and body language he displayed when asked the same question, folding her arms, subtly caressing her shoulders and looking away.

"Honestly, it's not something I'd really like to talk about right now either."

"Oh, okay then. Well on that note, I need to head out. You remember the assignment I gave you, don't you?"

"Yes, I got it. I'll get started on the research right away."

"Good. I'll check-in later."

He went to turn on the force field in his bedroom, gave Kodi one more perusing gaze, then left. Kodi was left with more conflicting feelings, as her goal of finding more about him and his role in the Society only led to the same questions being deflected back at her. Questions that, based on her past on Earth, were difficult to answer. Memories that were difficult to confront.

***

Oh god, that was so good.

Alyssa was in her room, early in the morning, having thoughts and trying to comprehend the dream she had just awakened from. It wasn't an ordinary dream she would have, especially lately, but instead filled with salacious and dirty encounters. In one instance, she was completely naked and on all fours on a sofa somewhere, scratching her nails into the soft fabric while a man pounded her dripping wet pussy into submission with his big hard dick. With her ass propped up in the air and his strong rugged hands gripping her waist, she was completely at his mercy as she dreamed of convulsing and pulsing around his hardened member again and again, seemingly in a never-ending cycle of pleasure.

In another part of her sultry dream, she was on her knees, with her mouth filled with his erect dick, sucking and admiring the same dick that gave her so much tantalizing pleasure before. This time, his hands were gripping her dark red hair, and guiding her towards him, with no way of stopping. She barely had an opportunity to see him, and when she did finally look up with her green eyes was when she woke up.

She was almost in disbelief. The man in her dreams was Ethan.

Despite her disbelief, Alyssa didn't take the time to contemplate who was in the dream, because as she shifted her body around, she felt something moist under her body. And as she investigated further, she realized it wasn't just moist, but wet. A wet spot lay right under her ass and in between her legs. The other reason why she didn't think about who was in the dream was because of what was still happening in between her legs. Her pussy was still dripping wet, and throbbing. Apparently, there was a much-needed release that was still brewing within her, and could burst at any moment with some stimulation. She hadn't felt something this strong and intense in forever, and especially by herself. She couldn't believe that a fantasy from a dream drove her to this point. As she swept her fingers through the spot and licked some of it up, she knew she needed release.

Alyssa quickly got up to check the soundproof panels to make sure no one could hear her, then laid back on the bed and spread her legs wide. Her pussy continued to pulse as she anticipated the intense sensations that would soon come to follow. She took her hands and rubbed her hot sex, reveling in its slick, smooth texture, softly moaning as she gradually increased the intensity while maintaining the up and down pattern. It was only a matter of time before she began making circles around her clit, which was already hard and pulsing along with her pussy, which was dripping even more juices than when she woke up. She moaned louder and louder, grinding her hips to match the intense machinations of her hands, creating a titillating rhythm.

"Fuck yes, harder, harder!"

This rhythmic grinding became even better when her hard clit received most of the attention from her hands, and her body shuddered and tensed as her pussy squelched from the wetness of her throbbing lips, and her release arrived.

"Oh...fuck!"

She nearly screamed as she gripped her pillows behind her head with her free hand. Her pussy expelled juices around her hand and pulsed violently along with her body as she rode the much-needed orgasm. She was cumming...hard. And with no interruptions this time, the orgasm simply rocked her for a while as her hips bucked back and forth, until she finally started coming down, panting and sweating from the intense session. The last thing she looked at was the clock, and saw she had a few more hours of sleep left, and drifted off.

***

When Alyssa awoke, she was immediately reminded of what she had done a few hours earlier, as well as who she had thought of in her dream. Why would Ethan, of all people, be in one of the wettest dreams she'd had in a while? She wanted to think about it more, but knew she needed to get ready for work and maintain her punctuality.

After getting dressed, and cleaning up her sheets from the night before, she was still a little early, and knew Ethan wouldn't probably be in the office yet. So, she decided to head to the General's office to see him and Fran, and ask if there was anything else she should be doing or working on for the mission. As usual, she was careful to not bring too much attention to herself, although it wasn't uncommon for other agents and employees from other divisions to visit the General for security purposes. However, when she got close, she saw Fran and the General walking towards the door, looking locked into an important conversation. She crept behind a wall nearby, and listened:

"So, how's he doing?" The General said.

"Shh, not so loud. You know you have to be careful about it, yet you have no subtlety as usual. I swear, Jack."

"Sorry, Fran, you know that's never been my best quality. But I just wanted to know."

"I know. He's doing fine, everything's looking good."

"So there hasn't been any changes since the last time?"

"Nope, not at all."

"I guess we'll just have to wait and see."

"Yes, we will. Patience is very important right now. We'll see what happens, but I'm hopeful for him."

"Me too. He'll be okay."

"Hopeful about what?" Alyssa said as she appeared from around the corner, making it look like she was walking that way the entire time. Fran was just about to open the door, and both of them looked startled. Fran actually jumped from the surprising entrance.

"Oh my goodness, dear! You gave me quite a scare."

"Oh, sorry Fran! I didn't mean to scare anyone."

"It's fine, no harm done. But what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting ready to go to Ethan's office?" Fran said as they entered the office and shut the door so no one would hear them.

"Oh yes, but umm I kind of wanted to see if there was any other assignment you had for me, or if I needed to do something different with Ethan."

"Oh no, Alyssa, you're doing a great job. Just stay the course, and pay close attention. Otherwise, you're fine." The General replied.

"Oh okay, I'll keep doing that then. But what were you hopeful for? Who were you talking about?"

The General began to look towards Fran with the same look they gave each other when they first talked to Marshall, but Fran didn't return his gaze and instead looked straight at Alyssa with a look of confidence.

"Oh, we were just talking about one of Jack's enforcement agents. He'd been acting out of character lately, forgetting a few patrols. But he's been good since Jack talked to him, so we're hopeful that he'll be doing his job well from now on."

"Oh okay, that makes sense. Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have prodded into your business."

"It's no problem, I understand you're worried about your job with Ethan. But everything is good, dear, you have nothing to worry about." Fran said as she patted Alyssa on the shoulder.

"Okay then, well umm I better get going. I don't want Ethan to get upset about my time management anymore."

"Have a good day, dear, we'll contact you when we have an update." Fran said as the General simply nodded, and Alyssa trotted back up towards Ethan's office. Once she was out of sight and far away, Fran and Jack went back in his office, shut the door and double checked the soundproof panels to make sure they had complete privacy.

"See Jack, this is why I tell you that subtlety matters. Why caution matters. You can't just go around saying whatever you want whenever you want! It's dangerous."

"I know, but how was I suppos-

"Especially for the nature of the mission we are trying to complete. It requires patience, foresight, and most of all, caution."

"I didn't know she would be right there! How often do you think she snoops around like that anyway?"

"Not much, it's not her personality. I think this was just a one-time thing, an accident, but it only takes one time, and our entire plan could be foiled."

"I know. And we've come too far to stop now, especially because of something as trivial as that."

"Exactly."

"Do you think she actually suspects something?"

"No, not at all. She trusts me and what I said was very plausible, especially considering how patrols have increased tenfold since the girl broke in here. Plus, there's no way she could ever find out about Marshall, not even a hint. No one has any idea. So even if she is still thinking about something fishy going on, it'll be a benign thought at best, because there's nothing to go on."

"She'll just continue her job as normal."

"Yes, she will."

"Okay, so back to Marshall. We're supposed to just let him sleep, is that right?"

"Right, he shouldn't be disturbed right now, because it could severely alter the recuperation process."

"And we can't have him getting out of that thing sick again. That would almost defeat the purpose."

"It would, we need to let him rest. In the meantime, we should just monitor Alyssa a little more closely, and be careful with our words and where we use them." Fran said as she glared at Jack.

"I know, Fran, I understand."

"Good, I'll let you get back to work, then, and I'll check back in later."

"Alright."

***

Alyssa scurried up to Ethan's office and walked through the door to find him at his same spot, despite her being there a little earlier than usual.

"Come in, Alyssa. We have a lot of work to do again today."

As she walked in towards his desk, waiting for him to come over, she remembered her dreams from earlier that night. What did it all mean? As she stood before Ethan now, donning his usual black and white suit, she didn't feel anything abnormally intense. Nor did she feel any warmth or intense sensations, especially not the dripping or throbbing that led her to masturbate in the middle of the night. She felt pretty content, ready to get the work day started. She figured the physical part was just a result of a build-up of sexual tension, after being so busy the past week or so, and being interrupted whenever she tried to play with herself. Maybe she saw Ethan in her dream because they weren't many men she was physically attracted to in the Society, at least that she came in contact with. But then she pondered her relationship with him recently.

Although she was upset after being put on leave, in hindsight things weren't that bad now. They were working well together, she was regularly on time, and tasks were getting done. She wouldn't say she was feeling comfortable with him, but things were decent.

What really made things awkward and complicated was her mission: to provide intel about Ethan to Fran and the General whenever they asked, and pay close attention to him. This, combined with the fact that her new superiors were acting somewhat secretive, gave her a funny feeling. Sure, what they said about the man they were talking about sounded true, she couldn't figure out why they would be keeping something like that a secret. So much of a secret that they didn't want anyone to hear them talking about it. It seemed like normal protocol.

"Alyssa, you there?" Ethan was waving his hand in front of her face.

"What? Oh yes, sorry Mr. President. Must've zoned out for a minute."

"Okay, well wake up. You need to be here, and present. I was asking if everything was going okay, in terms of the workload. You'll have a lot of paperwork again today."

"Oh, I'm fine. I can handle it."

That secret conversation between Fran and the General wasn't the only thing that was kept from Alyssa. She was still unsure about the overall goal of this mission. I mean, if they were plotting to take down Ethan, who was stepping in his place? There seemed to be a lot of uncertainty, and she was becoming worrisome about it all. She hoped it would all reveal itself soon, and they would tell her more in due time, like they said they would.

"Okay good, let's go over my meetings today, and then the reports before moving on to the security protocols."

"Okay let's do it."

***

As she mentioned earlier, Fran decided to head back to the General's office to check in on him, and tell him more about Marshall's progress, albeit privately and inside a room with soundproof panels. Without having an official position as Ethan's assistant anymore, she relied on the ones actively working in the Society to keep her up to date and in the loop, so that she could move properly and relay the most accurate information possible to Marshall when he woke up. As she walked down to his office, the door suddenly opened and she expected to see the General. Instead, she saw another enforcement agent with the signature black and red uniform leaving, appearing distraught and almost on the verge of tears. He was looking down the entire time and barely saw Fran walk past as he left.

Fran buzzed in through the front door, then walked in as the door opened. The General was sitting at his desk, looking through some paperwork.

"Jack, what in the world is going on? What are have you been doing?"

"Oh Fran, hello. How is everything going?"

"That depends on your answer. What happened?"

"Nothing happened. What are you talking about? Everything is fine here, I'm just looking through some of the agents' reports before I send them off to Ethan."

"Well I just saw one of your agents leaving here looking a mess. He was on the brink of tears!"

"I don't believe that. I think you're being dramatic."

"He barely gave me a look as he walked right past me. Something was wrong with him. After he left your office. What happened, Jack?"

"He was late on one of his patrols, not to mention he was also on patrol when the girl infiltrated. So, I made sure that he would never do it again, and reiterated the importance of his job."

"Oh, Jack."

"He's lucky to still be an agent, Fran."

"Look, I understand that your job requires a...stern voice. And I understand the importance of security, you know I do, you've been listening to me talk about it the past few days. I appreciate your strong commitment and leadership. But this is a unique time, and that calls for unique measures."

"Unique measures?"

"Things are about to change around here. You know that Marshall is awake now, and I think you know what that means for us, for the Society, for everyone. We're in a fragile phase of the mission, and its fragility only increases by the day."

"I understand." The General said as he breathed a heavy sigh.

"I mean Marshall will be up and out of that pod in three days, Jack! After all that time, it's only a few days away. So, what I need from you is to tone it down, at least until then."

"Tone what down?"

"Your aggressive personality, this relentless, fiery aura that you use to instill fear in most people around you. The thing that gets your agents in line and gets them to follow instructions to a tee, save for a few outliers. I need you to treat them better, not having them almost crying leaving your office. That won't help us when its time. We need the odds in our favor."