The Soiree

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Kayla knew she should leave the kitchen and mingle with the rest of her guests, but she couldn’t tear herself away from Dave. He stood across the room from her, sipping a beer as he leaned against the counter where he’d stood earlier in the evening when he’d held her hand and asked her if things were going all right at work. I should have told him then, Kayla thought. I should have told him that I was still attracted to him and having second thoughts about marrying Brad.

Thinking of Brad made Kayla realize that she’d hardly seen him all night. He’d spent most of his time talking with Todd and that girl Denise. For a moment, Kayla wondered where Brad had met Denise – she’d never heard him mention knowing Denise before tonight. Then Dave caught her eye again and she was once more distracted by how handsome he was.

Just standing there watching Dave watch her made Kayla crazy. Like a charger held under tight rein, her body quivered. She wanted to break free and race to Dave’s side, throwing herself on him in abandon.

Kayla unconsciously smoothed her hands over her thighs as she remembered the kiss in the elevator. Dave’s bold move had caught her off guard, forcing her to give him an honest response instead of one tempered by the rules of good conduct her parents had instilled in her. For that one moment, when she’d let go and enjoyed the feel of Dave’s lips and hands on her body, Kayla had experienced the most exquisite sensation of freedom. She’d done exactly what she wanted to do, with no regrets whatsoever, and it felt damned good.

He’s probably the most incredible lover, Kayla mused, almost certainly better than Brad.

Even at it’s best, Brad’s lovemaking had never excited Kayla much. Brad was always too concerned with his own needs to really give her what she wanted. More often than not it was wham-bam-thank-you-ma’am, and then he’d roll over and go to sleep. Until now Kayla had been willing to settle for that because that was all she’d ever known, but one kiss from Dave had changed everything. It had opened her eyes to the possibility of something better – something wilder and more erotic.

I can’t stand this, Kayla thought. She sighed miserably. I can’t stand these feelings I have for Dave. I want to be good, but I don’t think I can, especially not with him standing over there looking as sexy as he does.

To take her mind off the situation, Kayla wandered over to the counter where the hors d’oeuvres were and began straightening up the mess everyone had made.

From his vantage point, Dave had watched the conflicting emotions play across Kayla’s face. There was definitely some inner turmoil going on there. Dave decided that he couldn’t give Kayla any more time; there were two hundred fifty thousand reasons why he should, but he was going to force the issue with her anyway.

Dave crossed the room and edged up behind Kayla. With his body inches from hers, he reached around her and grasped the tray she held in her hands. Startled, Kayla gasped and nearly dropped the tray as Dave pressed against her from behind. Trapped between the counter and his hard, virile body, there was nowhere for her to go.

"Here, let me take that," Dave said.

The warmth of his breath on Kayla’s neck raised the hairs on her arms and made her nipples hard and desperate beneath the thin material of her shirt. Kayla’s eyes closed and her head tilted back as she savored the feel of Dave’s body against hers. She barely noticed as he took the tray from her and placed it on the counter; then his hands slid over her hips, down to the tops of her thighs, and she became acutely aware of his actions. Flares of desire radiated outward from where his hands lightly stroked her thighs, burning their way throughout her trembling body and causing her to be filled with a reckless hunger.

Kayla’s pleasure was short-lived however. Almost before she knew what was happening, someone pulled Dave away from her. As Kayla eyes shot open, she heard a voice say, "Oh, there you are, Dave. I’ve been looking all over for you. Can you come with me for a moment? We need to talk, in private."

Dave sat cooling his heels on the couch beside Sherry Rose, Goddog’s drummer, in the spare bedroom Brad had converted into a den. They were waiting for Sherry’s boyfriend Kenji to return from the kitchen with the delicious frozen concoctions he made from Midori and some other ingredients that he never bothered to mention. Until a few moments earlier, they’d been in the kitchen also, until Sherry had suddenly dragged Dave out of there, away from where he was hovering around Kayla, into the den, on the pretense of needing to speak with him privately.

Dave glanced over at his abductor with a sullen glare.

Sherry Rose was a tiny waif of a girl with bleached-blond hair and intense green, cat-like eyes that never seemed to miss a thing; therefore it didn’t surprise Dave a bit when she commented on his attraction to their hostess.

"So, when exactly are you and Kayla going to get it on?" Sherry asked facetiously. She arched her dark eyebrows making the hoops that pierced them wiggle.

"As soon as I can arrange it," Dave snapped, not quite ready to let go of his displeasure at Sherry for making him leave Kayla alone in the kitchen.

"Yes, I could see that. If I hadn’t dragged you in here when I did, we’d have all been watching you make a fool out of yourself right there on the kitchen counter."

"Whatever!" Dave sneered. He was so frustrated he could hardly stand it. Why did Kayla have to be Brad’s woman? It just wasn’t fair.

"Apparently it doesn’t bother you that you were on the verge of screwing your cousin’s fiancée in front of a roomful of people. I know you and Todd don’t get along, but I thought you and Brad were friends."

"Brad is nobody’s friend, Sherry. You know that. Brad is only friends with himself."

"True, true. He always has been a self-serving son-of-a-bitch, but he’s also just about the only family you’ve got left and you’re always telling me how important family is to you." Dave started to speak but Sherry raised her hand, stopping him. "Yeah, I know you hate it when I meddle in your business, but I really think this is serious. Don’t you realize that you were about to screw up your inheritance, literally? I mean, come on, Dave, it’s not like we haven’t had this conversation before. Remember? Back in college, we talked about this whole thing with Brad and Kayla being together and we decided that a secure future is more important than getting laid. You know that if Brad caught you doing something with Kayla, he’d run straight to Grandma and Grandpa and your trust fund would go right out the window."

Sherry shifted on the couch, tucking her left leg up underneath her and turning slightly to face Dave. She draped her left arm across the back of the couch, reaching out to toy with a strand of Dave’s hair. "And what about poor Kayla? Can’t you see what your rampant biological urges are doing to her? She can’t handle this kind of pressure. Any minute she’s going to burst into tears and beg Brad to punish her for her indiscretions."

"Jesus, Sher, the guy’s a total asshole! How can she love him so much? He brought his fucking mistress to this party! How tacky is that?" Dave demanded, indignantly. "Why can’t she just do everybody a favor and break up with him?"

Before Sherry could reply, Kenji arrived with their drinks and passed them around. Dave took his and placed it on the table beside the couch. He wasn’t in the mood to drink anymore. It wouldn’t be wise for him to get trashed and do something stupid; according to Sherry he’d already been acting crazy enough.

Kenji crowded in beside Sherry on the couch. He ran his hand possessively along her denim-clad thigh from her right hip to her knee and back up the inside almost to her crotch. Sherry grinned wickedly and leaned back against her trim handsome lover, who bore a remarkable resemblance to the actor Jet Li.

"Later, my sweet. Unlike my dear friend Dave, I wouldn’t want to cause a spectacle in front of everyone," she said.

Kenji’s throaty laugh made Sherry’s eyes sparkle. "All right, my wild rose, but you owe me. I expect something memorable when I take you home tonight."

"As you speak, so shall I obey," Sherry quipped, "but first I must help Dave resolve his moral dilemma." She leaned forward and squeezed Dave’s right arm just above his elbow with her right hand. "So tell me, Dave, why do you want to risk your inheritance by having coitus with our sweet little Kayla? Is it because you want revenge on Brad for being such an ignorant, bigoted, egotistical, hedonistic, perverted, um, what’s the word I’m looking for?"

"Scum-bag?" Kenji offered.

"Good enough," Sherry assented. She released her grip on Dave’s arm and sat back, sipping her drink.

"Yes. No. Hell, Sherry, I don’t know! When I look at Kayla my cock wants to tear a hole right through the front of my pants to get to her, and when I think about what Brad is doing behind her back it makes me so mad I want to rip his fucking head off and stuff it up his stupid ass." Dave clenched his hands into fists on his knees. He sat forward on the edge of the couch.

"Steady, big fella," Sherry said soothingly. Dave didn’t often loose his temper, but the times in the past when he had were legendary. Sherry stroked Dave’s back with her tiny hand, dragging her long, porcelain nails across the fabric of his shirt, trying to calm him with her touch. Attempting to lighten his mood, she said, "It’s a good thing you don’t have one of those alien syndromes where you can’t control individual parts of your anatomy, because I’ve seen your cock before and there’d be big trouble if it got out of your pants and went on a rampage."

Taken aback, Kenji exclaimed, "You’ve seen Dave’s cock?"

"Damn it, Sherry, why do you always make light of everything? This is important. I thought you wanted to give me some helpful advice," Dave glowered.

"Of course, I’ve seen Dave’s cock, Kenji. You can’t be in a band together for five years sharing dressing rooms night after night and not get an occasional peek." Annoyed, Sherry rolled her eyes and shook her head. "Jeez, Kenji, we’ve been over this time and again; I thought you’d gotten over that jealous, inferiority crap."

Turning back to Dave, she continued, "And yes, Dave, I am trying to help you. I just want you to be sure of your motives when you finally make your move, because it might cost you a lot of money; and besides, afterwards Kayla is definitely going to have regrets on top of regrets. There’s a possibility she’ll feel so guilty about what she’s done, she might not even want to be with you anymore. Then, you won’t have your money or your woman." Sherry shook her head, again, a sympathetic smile lighting her eyes as she patted Dave’s knee. "I don’t envy you that. It’s a burden loving someone who has principles and standards."

"So, you’re telling me I should forget the whole thing and leave her alone?"

"I am telling you no such thing," Sherry responded, indignantly. "If anyone needs a man like you, it’s Kayla. I’m really tired of seeing her in the role of meek, dutiful daughter and unwitting cuckold." Sherry’s forehead wrinkled in thought. "Is that right – can girls be cuckolded or is that just guys? Anyway, it’s about time Kayla did something for herself without her parents’ approval."

"You just love being the Devil’s Advocate, don’t you? Why can’t you pick one side of the fence and stay on it, Sherry?"

"Well, I guess it’s because I’m a Libra, Dave. I’m doomed to see both sides of every issue. It’s my destiny."

"Well, is his cock larger than mine?" Kenji interrupted.

Sherry sighed. "Yes, Kenji, it is, but then Dave is a total freak of nature. Anyone with a schlong that tremendous should have pursued a career in adult films, but Dave decided to be the guitar player in a struggling rap-metal band instead." Sherry snorted, derisively, and added, "Go figure."

Rattled by Sherry’s honesty, Kenji sat back to ponder what she had said.

"That wasn’t funny, Sherry. We need my trust fund. If I don’t get it, we’ll never have enough money to buy studio time for Goddog to record a demo."

"I know, Dave, and I’m sorry. You’re like a brother to me. I care about what happens to you and it hurts me to see you in a quandary like this, but I’m optimistic about the band’s future. I think we’ll make it no matter what you decide to do tonight. If you decide to forget about Kayla, then we’ll have the money for a demo by next year; if you don’t, then we’ll all keep working our day jobs and it’ll just take a little longer." Sherry shrugged. "It will all work out in the end."

"Damn it, I wish my Mom hadn’t been such a slut; then I wouldn’t be in this mess, having to choose between Kayla and the stupid trust fund." Dave leaned back, resting his head on the back of the couch.

"Hey, I don’t want to hear anymore crap like that out of you, mister. Your Mom was not a slut," Sherry insisted. "She just liked to have a good time. I wish I could have met her. You have to admire a girl who missed her debutant ball because she was banging a bass player in the back of his tour bus. My Mom never did anything cool like that."

Dave rolled his eyes. "It was not cool having a mother who was a groupie. Hell, if Pamela Des Barres hadn’t already beaten her to it, my Mom could have made millions writing her own memoirs; she probably fucked every musician from Seattle to Miami and all points in between. Hell, I thought growing up the way I did was normal until Uncle Gary came and got me after she died."

"Oh, Dave, you know it wasn’t all bad. You had a lot of good times back then. How many kids can say they celebrated their twelfth birthday backstage with L.A. Guns? And how many kids have actually gotten drunk with the guys from Def Leppard? And do you know anyone else who lost their virginity to a girl who’d just given Paul Stanley a blow job?"

"That really happened to you?" Kenji asked, intrigued.

"Yeah," Dave admitted. "Madison Square Gardens, 1990. I was fourteen."

At a loss for words, all Kenji could say was, "Wow."

Abruptly, Sherry gulped down the remainder of her drink and placed the empty glass on the table beside the couch. She stood up, grabbed Kenji’s hand and hauled him to his feet. "All this talk of sex is making me horny, baby," she stated, perfectly imitating Austin Powers. "Let’s go." She leaned down and gave Dave a peck on his cheek. "Remember, Dave, only you can prevent forest fires."

Dave grimaced, shaking his head ruefully, as Sherry Rose’s laughter rang in his ears. What the hell was he going to do with advice like that? What you’d already made up your mind to do, he thought. You’re going to take Kayla away from Brad, and damn the consequences.

Dave sat in the den for a little while longer wondering how he could arrange to be alone with Kayla so he could make his move on her. He wished he’d paid more attention to Brad’s stories about how Brad managed his affairs, then he’d know more about what he was doing. Brad was an expert at slipping out of the house.

That was it! Dave stood up suddenly, as the pieces of his plan began coming together in his mind. The only way to reach his goal was to eliminate the obstacles. He needed to get Brad out of the apartment; somehow, Dave had to convince him he’d have more fun someplace else and at the same time try to make Kayla aware of his infidelity. Dave left the den and went in search of Joey and Tate, knowing he’d need their help to make the plan work. They both adored Kayla and despised Brad – so he could probably use that to his advantage.

I’m putting a lot on the line for you tonight, Kayla, Dave thought. I just hope I’m doing it for all the right reasons.

"What do you mean you and Todd and some of the guys are going out?" Kayla struggled to keep her anger in check.

"I mean we’re going to hit a few clubs and have a few drinks. It’s no big deal, Kayla, I don’t know why you’re getting so pissed."

"I’m getting pissed because you’re the one who wanted to have this party in the first place and now you’re just going to walk out and leave me here by myself to entertain everyone. I don’t think that’s fair."

"Fuck them! I’m going!"

Brad’s words were already beginning to slur as he swayed on his feet in front of Kayla. She did not want to let him go out as drunk as he was because he always got into a fight or some other kind of trouble. She took his hand and said pleadingly, "No, Brad, please just stay home. Okay? Everybody’s here and we’re all having fun. There’s no reason why you should go out. Besides the weather is really nasty. You could get in an accident or something. Please, don’t go."

Brad shook off her restraining hand. "You don’t tell me what to do, God damn it! I want to go out and I’m going."

Kayla’s chin trembled as Brad, Todd, Denise, Joey, and Tate filed out the front door. Denise turned back just before the door closed to give Kayla a triumphant smirk as she slipped her arm possessively around Brad’s waist. Kayla felt as if she had literally been slapped in the face. Taking a deep breath, she squared her shoulders, turned sharply and marched into the kitchen. She needed another drink, badly.

Hours later, Dave escorted the last of the guests to the door and bid them farewell. He closed the door, leaned heavily against it and sighed. What a long night.

"Thanks for playing host, Dave. I’m just so wiped out I don’t think I could’ve been pleasant even if I’d wanted to," Kayla said.

She sat huddled in the corner of the couch with her feet tucked up underneath her, having removed her shoes and socks. Dave smiled, sympathetically. Kayla did look tired. There were dark circles beneath her eyes and she seemed a little pale.

She’d also drunk a lot more liquor tonight than she usually did, especially after Brad left. Dave wondered if that was because she didn’t have the burden of keeping Brad under control or if it had something to do with Denise. Dave had watched Brad’s departure, and seen the way Denise had barely made it out the door before she was all over Brad. Kayla would have to be blind if she hadn’t seen it, too.

"No worries," Dave said, with a smile. "Just sit there and relax and I’ll take care of everything." Dave moved across the room to pick up a few of the empty glasses people had left sitting on the coffee table.

"No, leave it. I’ll clean up that mess in the morning. Just turn off the lights, come sit on couch and watch TV with me. I’m tired but I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep until Brad comes home. If he comes home," Kayla added, under her breath. She picked up the remote control, switched on the television and began surfing the channels.

Dave joined her on the couch, taking care not to sit too close. He intended to manage his seduction of Kayla the right way, subtly, and with great concern for her needs. He’d already decided that if Kayla showed even a moment’s hesitation or dissent, he would back off and leave her alone. No harm, no foul.

Kayla finally settled on one of the movie channels showing an old independent film about a couple of runaway girls in New York City. However, neither she nor Dave was actually paying attention to what was on the screen. They were both caught up in their own thoughts.

Abruptly, Kayla broke the silence. "Do you really think I’m attractive, Dave?"

"Yeah, Kay, I’ve always thought so," he replied warily, wondering where this line of questioning was going.

"Am I prettier than Denise?"

"Who?" Dave asked, playing dumb. "Oh, you mean the girl who was here with Todd?"

"No, I mean the girl who was here with my fiancé. If Brad hasn’t fucked her yet, I know he’s going to soon."

Astonished that Kayla had realized what was going on, Dave said, "What are you talking about? Brad loves you," even thought he thought he might choke on the words. Perhaps he had underestimated Kayla; maybe she wasn’t as credulous and naïve as she’d seemed.