The Soldier and the Single Mom Ch. 01

Story Info
Molly meets her neighbour.
1.7k words
3.96
39.7k
18
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So this is my first submission, well a piece of it anyway , all feedback is welcome and I hope you enjoy this and any other story that I send your way!!

Chapter 1

"Molly you really need to get out more and meet new people. It's not healthy for a 30yr woman to find comfort in her cats and books." Molly's sister Susie told her one afternoon while she was visiting. She was worried so much because the divorce and humiliation from it had almost killed her sister; who used to be so full of life.

"I am fine really sis, and I do have Evan; remember you favorite nephew to keep me company. As far as I am concerned he is the only man I want in my life. And I am not that much of a hermit I did go to a concert last week." I defended myself and I looked out the window and saw a moving van going into the vacant house beside mine.

"You went to Doodlebops concert and your date was your two year old. And speaking of my favorite nephew where he is?" Susie scanned the perfectly clean house. Envious that no matter what the occasion there seemed to be no clutter. Susie loved her sister and nephew more than anything that is why she made the weekly trip up to see them no matter what. After losing their parents when they were teens and the struggles they have faced in the 15yrs since.

"Well its Miles turn to have him, which is a first because for the last 6months he hasn't even seen him always one excuse after another and if it wasn't for the courts I wouldn't let him see him at all." I pace the kitchen or else I would break something.

I know I sound vicious it's just that I thought my life was all sunshine and roses but it turned into dark skies and thorns. I was 21 when I thought I met the man of my dreams. I was working in a coffee shop when in walked a man who I knew was older than me but he had such an impact on me that I couldn't do anything but stare. It seemed that I had the same impact on him and that is where the whirlwind courtship began. Not having much experience with men I soaked up all the compliments and attention not realizing how much of a narcissist he really was. Now looking back I saw myself become what he thought would be the perfect girlfriend and then the perfect wife. We were married after 3months of courtship. And what a wedding it was. He is society man, a lawyer at a prestige law firm and came from money to begin with. His parents were not thrilled with me as a bride as I didn't come from money or had anywhere close to blue blood.

So after the wedding, for me it seemed like a nonstop honeymoon. He bought me whatever I pleased as long as he approved of it. I was so much in love I didn't care but my sister was really worried but with that created tension between my then husband and sister and of course I took his side because I had the rose colored glasses on and didn't want anything nasty touching my happiness I cut my sister out of my life and continued to live in the bubble for the next year.

The day my life started to change was when I found out I was pregnant. I was over the moon. I mean I was having what I thought was my true love's baby. I made an amazing dinner, did the whole candle thing and told him and when I thought he would jump out of the chair and gather me into his arms but your only words we "you have to be kidding". He was outraged and angry and for the first time I saw the real him where the world is supposed to revolve only around him. He apologized the next day and I forgave thinking this would end but it became worse as the pregnancy went along. The bigger I grew the later he stayed at work and the less I was shown in public. His parents never came over or should I say rarely did. I just retreated more and more into a shell that was my former self.

When Evan was born I was alone. I was too scared to call my sister. Miles never even came until the next morning where he was proud to at least have a son. He took us home. I tried to make everything better by losing the baby weight and more, to be more sexual in bed but nothing seemed to get through. Then when Evan was about 10month old I was reading the paper and saw Miles with his secretary in the Who's Who section and they were more than just friends. It was then that everything crashed down and I went a little crazy. First I cried and then screamed and then took Evan put him in his crib and proceeded to break everything that I knew meant so much to Miles realizing that I was such a fool for believing all the late nights. Each thing that broke lifted me up just a little. After my tirade I packed up my stuff and Evan's bag and made the hardest phone call I ever had to make; to my sister.

That was over a year ago. My sister was amazing she took us in no questions asked and all was forgiven. The first couple months were the worst in my life. It seems that Miles doesn't like not being in control of happens in his life. First he tried to apologize to me and such but I wouldn't hear of it so I went to the lawyer and started the proceedings. I should have known how much hassle that would be. Miles tried to fight me at every stop and the only thing I came with out of in the end was the clothes on my back and my son. I discovered that the papers I willingly signed when I so much in love was an iron clad pre nup. I had to borrow money from my sister to even pay off the lawyer. I was so lucky to even have Evan because suddenly Miles considered him is property and wanted him but the judge only gave him visitations.

So living with my sister was the best thing that happened I was able to cry to her and not have her judge and she encouraged me to start living again. Before marrying Miles I was getting my English degree and decided to go back and get the 2 classes I needed. I worked at a café again and started writing children's and romance novels. One day I came back to my sister's place to discover that publish has seen and liked my work. The money I earned from the books help me pays back my sister and rent a place for Evan and I. It is a nice 2 bedroom home almost a cottage really and it suits us. We have been here almost 4months now and it feels so much more than home then the mansion ever did. I have a little a garden and a big fat old cat name Tabby.

"So the dead beat actually wants to play daddy today" my sister's voice snaps me out of my trip down memory lane.

"It appears so. Probably because he parents told him so or because he just became engaged." I say but attention keeps going to the house next door which I heard was basically unsellable and see more trucks pulling up.

"Wow some bimbo is falling for his lines" Susie snickers while trying some of my freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

"I guess so, but remember I fell for the same lines not that long ago" I snatched some of my cookies before they are all gone.

"You were not a bimbo you were just naïve , and had a soft heart. So what is it that is so interesting outside that window" Susie get her hand out of my cookie jar long enough to come and stand beside me.

"I guess they finally sold the house next door and I am being a nosy person and trying to see who my new neighbor is going to be." I rise on my tippy toes for optimum view.

Instead of standing right beside me my sister being the bolder of us goes right out the door for the best possible view. I follow on her toes and she doesn't just stand on the grass; oh no she has to go right up the next door driveway to introduce her. I am about a length behind her trying to get her to come back but it's no use as soon as she made up her mind to do something there is no stopping her. I am breathless by the time I catch up and realize that she is talking to a man as I come up behind them.

"Sis this is your new neighbor. We were just talking. Adam this is my sister Molly." She says and stands back and I can finally see what Adam really looks like and shake his hand.

As soon as his hand touches mine is feeling a charge and now this close I can size him up. He's a good size man that is built like a boxer. He has a nice bronze tan that isn't common for this part of the country and he has short brown hair. He tilts his head and it's his eyes that pour into mine and I feel like I am been sucker punched. They are the most amazing shade of blue I have ever seen. The feelings that I feel from just those eyes are the scariest I have ever felt since well since Miles..

With the thought of mile even coming in to my mind was like an ice bucket dropped over my head. I quickly take back my hand and see a surprised look in his eyes. In a voice so cool it even sounds weird to be I say "Welcome to the neighborhood; I am Molly. And now that I have seen who you are I have to be going home. Bye."

Even to my own ears I sound like a bitter bitch but I don't care. I can't care because if I do I might get hurt and this time I might now recover.