The Spider and the Fly

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He had sensed her before she spoke, but was surprised enough that he didn't respond. Her voice was a bit uneven, but she'd overcome her shyness enough to come find him. Impressed with her tiny show of boldness, he turned to face her. "Not at all," he replied, pulling up a stool. She seated herself beside him, nervous but determined.

He listened to her melodic voice, raised an eyebrow when she requested a soda. "I don't drink," she muttered, half apologetically. "Though sometimes I wish I did." He laughed, and began to talk, to ask her questions. Simple questions, chosen to put her at ease. Slowly but surely, she began to relax. She was surprised at herself. Once she'd gotten over her embarrassment, she felt as though she'd known him for years. He was easy to talk to, and didn't seem to mind pauses in the conversation. She was almost able to forget about her dreams, but every so often he'd glance at her and she'd again see those eyes in her mind, staring down at her. Then the shyness would start all over again.

They talked for quite a while. Conversational standbys mostly: books, movies, music. They shared a love of literature, and similar taste in music. She made him laugh. Once he got past the shyness, she was open with him, engaging. Innocent as a child one moment, tossing out 'unintentional' double entendres the next. Blushing frequently when she did so. He enjoyed the wordplay, loving the confusion that filled her eyes when he flirted openly with her. Once in a while she'd look far away, and color would rise in her cheeks for no apparent reason. Then she'd look at him, her eyes green eyes sparkling with lust, shake her head, and hop back into the conversation. He laughed, watching her emotions play across her face, and was enjoying himself enormously. She took it all in stride, to used to her own ways to be bothered much, though he kept her flustered continually.

She had just given him her opinion of his weak attempt at a costume when a woman sidled up to the bar and wedged her way in between them. What looked like a black handkerchief was tied on a string around her waist, a tiny black bikini top barely covering her chest. Gold chains dripped from her ears and a wide golden collar covered her throat. Matching gold cuffs encircled her wrists. Her straight black hair hung loose around her shoulders as she leaned over him to grab a beer, brushing her breasts firmly against his arm when she did. She smiled into his eyes and gave a breathy, "Hi!" before she turned and walked away. He smiled back at her, then chuckled when he looked back at his butterfly. She was staring after the woman, her mouth agape, her eyes shooting daggers. He slipped a finger beneath her chin and closed her mouth.

"Wow." She laughed, maybe just a touch derisively. "That was subtle!"

He laughed, pleased with her reaction. "Wasn't it though?" He was pretty sure he heard her mumble "hussy" under her breath.

She smiled ruefully. "Well, maybe if I had a figure like that, I wouldn't wear anything either." She looked down are her own, much curvier body. "I don't think I'd look good in an outfit like that."

"I don't know about that," he chuckled softly. "I think you'd make a good slave girl."

"I think not," she replied with a laugh. "I'm far too contrary to be a slave girl. I'd be in trouble all the time!"

He didn't smile, but amusement lurked in his face. "That wouldn't last long." She sobered as his eyes grew serious. "I'd break you," he stated simply. Her stomach quivered.

She cleared her throat. "Well, that would be tricky. I don't really want to be broken." She laughed nervously. "Besides, I don't even know what that would mean anyway. To be broken."

The look he gave her was blatantly carnal. "Want to?"

She knew she was in over her head. Frantically, she tried to backpedal. "I... don't think so. I don't really know you." she shifted uneasily. "I'm quite fine as I am, really."Curiosity kills cats.Barely a moment passed before the words sprang from her lips. "But... what would it mean to you? What... would you have me do," she mused hesitantly, "if I were yours?"

Her eyes widened as he moved, a sexy little smirk settling across his face. Slowly, deliberately, he slid from his stool with a dangerous gleam in his eye. Her easiness with him vanished and her gaze grew worried as he began to prowl toward her. She jumped up from her barstool and took a step backward, nearly stumbling in her haste. He stalked nearer, smiling wickedly as he came. She froze like a deer scenting danger, her eyes wide and locked on his. She could hear her heart beating, pulsing madly as he grew nearer. He stepped closer, and she backed up a few paces, only to jolt to a halt when her wings stopped before she did. She turned her head, blinking in confusion when she saw a large black bat flying across a neon moon. A moment later it registered that the moon was entirely too yellow, and she glanced up to see the Dark Knight himself. A man dressed as Batman smiled down at her and gently disengaged himself from her wings. Flustered, she blushed and stammered an apology, but her nervous gaze kept flicking back to the Spider, who was waiting patiently for his prey. Batman followed her glance and chuckled knowingly. After adjusting her wings to fix the damage from the collision, he gave the little butterfly a gentle push back toward her hunter.

The Spider walked closer, a slight smirk on his face. He stopped directly in front of her and simply looked at her, enjoying her discomfort immensely. Her skin was rosy with her blushes.Adorable! he thought again as he began to circle her. Once, twice... close enough that his sleeve brushed against her elbow. She shuddered and crossed her arms over her chest, her heart pounding madly. He could see the fluttering of her pulse in her throat, could practically feel the tension vibrating in waves over her skin. He stopped behind her and watched her body stiffen uneasily. Reaching out a single finger, he softly stroked it over the satiny skin of her shoulder and chuckled low as he saw goose bumps shiver up beneath his touch. He leaned in toward her, a devilish grin crossing his face as he heard her gasp. He chuckled and watched the blush spread down her chest. His lips almost brushed her bare skin as he murmured. "It's not what you would do for me that you'd need to worry about..." He pressed a hot kiss just below her ear. "It's whatI will do to you."

She shuddered, though whether from the warmth of his lips on her skin or from his words themselves she wasn't sure. But she couldn't deny the thrill of excitement that raced through her body, even if it was chased by more than a frisson of fear. Her stomach tightened and an electric tingle shot through her insides. She felt herself melting, her body consumed by want unlike any she'd ever felt before. Lust coursed through her. It thrilled her. Terrified her. Caught in a web of desire, she was helpless to move.

He circled around in front of her again, and his hand reached to touch her face, cup her chin. He stared into her eyes as he brushed his thumb over her lower lip once, twice, again and again until her soft lips parted on a sigh. Entranced, she flicked the tip of her tongue against the pad of his thumb, curling around it with a soft whimper of defeat. He groaned. The sound broke into her thoughts. Suddenly herself again, she flushed with mortification and snapped her mouth closed, nipping his thumb sharply as she did.

He felt her tremble a moment before she spun away from him. A tight fist of lust curled in his belly as the tip of her tongue flicked out to moisten lips suddenly gone dry. There it was again, the innocent seductress. A potent combination, that. She laughed nervously and looked everywhere but at him. "I... ah, think I need another drink," she stammered softly, then made her escape. She didn't quite run away, but she didn't waste any time either.

The Spider turned himself about, and went into the den. He knew quite well his butterfly would soon come back again. He poured himself a drink, and settled back to wait. He enjoyed sparring with the girl, liked making her blush and stutter. He even enjoyed talking to her, listening to her get all excited... about books of all things. And those legs... yes, he'd chosen well.

* * * * *

She hurried back to the kitchen, dodging between partiers as she went. She moved directly to the sink and splashed cold water over her face. Her skin tingled where he'd kissed her. Other things tingled too, but she wasn't ready to admit to that yet.Denial, she thought,can be a good thing. And there was absolutely no way she was going to let him know the effect he'd had on her. Or that she could barely think when she looked into his eyes. Or that for one moment she'd wished...

"There you are!" The door swung open and Erik, the Viking, burst into the kitchen waving empty trays at her like flags. "I've got problems. We've run out of desserts! Do you have any more of those puff things? People liked those apparently." He paused to take a breath and stared at her a moment. "Hey, are you ok? You look all flushed." With concern, he looked her over carefully from head to toe. He paused at her chest. A lecherous grin spread across his face and his eyes fixed on her breasts, where her silky blouse couldn't quite disguise her arousal. "Oh, for shame!" he teased, tugging her hair playfully. "Naughty girl's gotten herself all worked up." He grinned wickedly. "Who's the guy?"

She straightened indignantly, folding her arms over her chest. "I am not 'all worked up,'" she said primly. "If you must know, it's a bit chilly in here."

"Yeah," said Eric, brushing a damp curl from her forehead. "I always sweat when I'm cold too."

Her eyes widened in panic as Eric made his way to the door and stuck his head around the corner. "Don't!" she cried, grabbing his arm.

"So which one is he?" Eric asked. "Batman? The vampire with the purple cape? The fellow dressed like Captain Caveman? Wait, I don't think he's wearing a costume! Ugh!"

She snorted with laughter as she tugged him back into the kitchen. "Get back in here!" she whispered fiercely. "I don't need your help to embarrass myself! I can do that quite well on my own." She pulled out a box and began piling cookies and creampuffs on the empty trays.

Eric watched her throwing cookies onto the trays, not arranging them neatly as she had before. He held his tongue until the third time she dropped one. "Wow, somebody's really made you nervous. Excellent. It's about time! So, what are you waiting for? Go get him, Tiger!"

She smacked him the shoulder. "You're such an idiot." She looked down at her chest, where her nipples still peaked against the fabric of her blouse. "But I can't go out there like this!" Hysteric laughter bubbled up.

He grinned. "Sure you can. Guaranteed to get his attention this way." With that, Erik piled the trays on her arms and shoved her out the kitchen door. After steering her over to the table, he kissed her cheek and vanished into the crowd.

He appeared suddenly beside her, as if he'd materialized out of thin air. "Friend of yours? Not that it matters." He held out his hand. "Come into my parlor, said the Spider to the fly" he rumbled with a grin.

Giggling, she replied with a smile in her voice. She remembered the poem too. "Oh no, no!" said the butterfly. "To ask me is in vain! For who goes up your winding stair can ne'er come down again!"

The smile faded from her face and she gasped in dismay when he took the tray from her and dropped it on the table. Grabbing her hand, he tugged her into the front room. He pulled her through the crowd to the far side of the room near the fireplace, where a cheery fire blazed in the hearth. He slipped an arm beneath her wings, anchoring her to his side. His other hand slid up to cup her cheek, tilting her face up to meet his. "I'm done playing. I need to taste you," he growled.

Her eyes darted around wildly as she struggled in his arms, a bright blush blooming across her cheeks. "Not here!" she protested in a fierce whisper.

He only laughed darkly. "Wherever I want. Whatever I want." His lips brushed against hers, soft and firm, but she kept her mouth tightly closed. He was patient, licking lightly at her lips, nipping teasingly. Soft kisses. His tongue soothed, persuaded. His thumb caressed her cheek, urging her to open to him. Finally, her lips parted. In an instant, he deepened the kiss, his tongue sweeping in to tangle with hers in a hot, erotic dance.

Lost in his kiss, she was helpless to do anything but hold on. Her mind went blank, then filled with him. Pieces of the dream came back to her. Him, holding her just like this. Her, lying before him on her bed. His body, rising above hers in the night. Her hands splayed across his chest, no longer pushing him away. The smell of smoke from the fire mixed with the scent of his skin was intoxicating. Relaxing. Arousing. Her hands gripped his shirt, pulling him closer.

He wove a subtle web around her, tangling her in threads of desire. His hand slid lower, the back of it brushing along her jaw, down her neck, against the side of her breast. She shivered in his arms, moaned softly. He reached behind her, threading his fingers through her hair. Her hands crept up of their own volition, twining around his neck. She curled closer to him, groaning as she felt how the kiss was affecting him. His lips cruised her face, pressed a row of kisses down her neck. He nipped at her shoulder, growling when he heard her aroused little whimper. "You want me, don't you girl? Tell me."

She sighed, leaning into him. Licked her lips again, and made him twitch. She smiled, a secretive little half-smile, a nipped his shoulder through his shirt.

"Say it!" he demanded. His hand fisted in her hair, pulled her head back so he could look into her eyes.

"Yes." She breathed, then hid her face against his chest. "I... dreamed of you," she whispered hoarsely. "You... you came to me in the night, while thunder crashed and lightning split the sky. You came for me, made me beg for you. Over and over and over again. I haven't slept for days..."

He grinned devilishly.Adorable. He could feel the heat radiating from her cheeks. "I know you haven't slept. Poor baby..." he continued, "I'll take you to bed tonight."And if you'd like to rest awhile, I'll snugly tuck you in. But not until after.

"Maybe I'll let you," she smiled shyly and let him lead her from the room.

He walked her outside and led her to his black convertible. She had to smile when she saw the shiny chrome badge on the trunk of the car. An Alfa Romeo. A Spider. "Why am I not surprised?" she laughed merrily. "Well, I suppose it fits."

Her gaze drifted down to the license plate, and the laughter faded from her voice as she read the single word printed there.Incubus. She looked at him warily, suddenly nervous again.

He grinned wickedly. "So does that."

12