The Spider Pt. 14

Story Info
Nutmeg and fire.
6.8k words
4.74
10.4k
4

Part 14 of the 44 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 08/12/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Would you like some fresh nutmeg on the cappuccino? Or some cinnamon?"

Amanda looked out the window of the coffee shop into the dark night. The City was bustling out there, throbbing and vibrant. She was sure what she needed would be out there somewhere.

"Ma'am?" the barista asked again. "Would you like some nutmeg or cinnamon?"

Amanda came back to attention.

"Oh," she said. "Yes- yes, I'll have both."

"Wonderful."

The barista first ground the nutmeg, then sprinkled the cinnamon onto the foamed milk of the cappuccino, then affixed the plastic lid. He handed the coffee drink to Amanda.

"It's cold out there," the barista said. "The spices will help to warm you up. That's what my grandmother always said."

Amanda smiled, accepting the cup.

"Your grandmother sounds like a smart woman."

She looked out into the dark and busy night of the City. She was about to go out into the cold, amidst the nighttime rush, amongst the early holiday shoppers, the drinkers, the hustlers and crooks. She was looking for something, something very specific, and she hoped she didn't have to look long for it.

Amanda was looking for as close to pure evil as she could find.

She took a sip of the hot coffee, and smiled at the man behind the counter. She looked into his eyes, looking for something in them.

Yes, she knew. His grandmother was still alive.

"Very good," she said. "Call your grandmother soon, OK? Tell her that you love her."

The barista nodded.

Amanda turned and opened the door, and stepped out into the cold night. She was looking for the person in all the City that had the blackest, deadest remnant of where a heart used to be. She was sure she would find it.

******************************

Amanda walked down the streets, the night cold and clear. She sipped at her coffee as she went, walking up and down a popular shopping district, the holiday decorations already starting to go up, earlier and earlier each year. She looked into the windows as she went, idly looking at the mannequins dressed up in finery. Fake people that real people looked up at and wished they could be more like.

She also looked into the people as she walked around, glancing over their thoughts and feelings, probing a little deeper into those that she thought might have something she needed.

But there was nothing all that interesting there, nothing really that couldn't be guessed at by anyone. There were some low levels of fear in some of the passerby, some anxiety, a woman Amanda passed by was fucking a guy that was not her husband. A man was stealing from work. Nothing that needed a second look.

Amanda kept walking.

After an hour, she stopped by a trash can, and put her now empty cup in. She pulled her phone out, and checked for messages.

She smiled. John had sent her one, hoping that she was warm, urging her to be cautious.

I know you can handle yourself, the message read. But there's more evil out there than you probably know. I don't know what I would do if you didn't come back to me. Be careful.

Silly, she thought. I'll come back to you, John.

She walked another couple of blocks, and came to the river. She stood there for a minute, looking at it gently flow by.

So peaceful, she thought.

She shivered. She was dressed lightly, despite the cold. She had dressed for appearance, wearing her boots with the highest heels, making her tall and statuesque. She was simply dressed in skin-tight black leggings, hugging her hips and accentuating every curve. Her blouse was start white and sheer silk, also tight across her breasts. Her nipples were erect in the cold, and free from any bra, pushing hard against the thin fabric. Her hair spilled loose and almost white in the moonlight across her shoulders.

She had dressed for attention. She had been getting it. There hadn't been very many men she'd passed who hadn't noticed her, hadn't considered fucking her on some level. She wanted them to think about it, to want her. She wanted one of them to make a move, to approach her, to hurt her. She needed one of them to want to rape her.

She took a turn at the river, and began walking down the streets toward Grimm Town. The streetlights grew dimmer, more sporadic, as she went. The sidewalks began to reveal fractures, bleeding into cracks, opening up into fissures as the blocks went on.

Amanda walked down a deserted street. She saw light dancing at her feet, and slowed down as a car pulled up next to her at the curb. She stopped, and watched as the passenger side window rolled down. She bent down, and looked into the car.

"How much," the man in the car said quietly, nervously, looking up and down the street.

"What?" she asked him.

"How much to suck my dick," he repeated, his voice tight and hoarse.

Amanda stood up to her full height, squinting down at the man. She looked inside him, and saw fear, and guilt, and felt his cock hard in his pants at the thought of her getting in his car and wrapping her lips around his cock. She could see an image in his mind of him holding her head down tightly on his ejaculating dick, forcing her to gulp down the jets of cum while he called her a bitch, and a whore, demanding that she drink it all. She felt his need, and knew that he was scared of getting robbed, and getting arrested. She knew that he was married, that he would drive home with his limp, spent dick to his family afterwards, as if he was the man they thought he was once again.

She reached out with her mental powers, and gave him a little crack.

He flinched from the pain that whipped across his mind, white hot pain, erupting from his behind his forehead and bursting across his psyche, receding as quickly as it came. His body tensed as if from grabbing a live wire, slumping down into his car seat after the jolt had passed.

His dick withered, softened.

"You don't want to be doing this," she said. "You want to turn your car around, and go home. Go home to your family, and don't come back here."

He nodded at her, his mouth slack and agape, as he fumbled at the keys in his ignition. His eyes never left hers as he cranked the engine to life, and sped off into the darkness.

Amanda watched him drive away, turn the corner.

She kept walking.

******************************

An hour or so later, she felt him. She didn't see him; she didn't know when he had seen her. That was a little surprising. But see her he had, and he was now following her.

She found him in the night with her mind, and looked inside. She was horrified at what she found here. John was right... there certainly was evil that she had never considered before, and this was it, behind her, and stalking her.

Whatever they had called him before was long gone, and what was left of him now was called Little Sammy. Little Sammy had a mind that was like a storm of fire, red slashes of pain and hate across the pure black of something that had long ago lost all ability to care about the hurt it caused.

And cause hurt Little Sammy did. She heard the screams of his victims still reverberating in what was left of his mind, she could feel his excitement at the sight of their blood, taste his mouth as he salivated at the fear and pain he caused them. She saw him take pieces of them, bits of bloodstained clothing and panties, and lengths of hair, and felt his almost sexual excitement as he put those in a secret box. She saw him look at his grotesque human trophies as he readied himself to stalk again.

Now he was somewhere behind her in the night, stalking her.

She kept walking, hearing only the click of her boots reverberating off the brick walls and broken windows. She took a quick left down an alley.

Behind her, Little Sammy reached into his jacket, fingering the cruel knife he had there. He crept along in the darkness, avoiding the few street lights that still worked, silently gliding over the broken pavement as he did most nights. He wasn't always so lucky, he didn't always see such attractive prey so alone and isolated.

Probably a whore, he thought. Although she didn't look quite like one. Little Sammy enjoyed whores, he liked to cut them, liked to leave them bleeding in the cold and the dark.

Little Sammy crept into the alley behind Amanda. He knelt behind a dumpster, and pulled his knife out of his jacket pocket.

His knife was the nicest thing that he'd ever owned, really, the only thing he cared about. It was a long, evil blade, curved in a way that made a wound that would never close up. He liked the blood, he liked the smell of it, the taste of it, liked to rub it on himself.

He wanted to see Amanda's face as she saw her precious, precious blood come pouring out.

Even better, the alley was a dead end. Little Sammy knelt behind Amanda, watched her back as she faced the brick wall. There was nowhere for her to run. No one to hear her scream.

He crept out from behind the dumpster, and took a couple of steps towards her. He was not, no matter what they called him, a small man. But Little Sammy could move very quietly, years of practice had taught him how.

He moved closer to Amanda. He was struck by how pretty she was, maybe not a whore after all, maybe lost or something. It didn't matter. He was almost close enough to slip his knife into her back and open her up once and for all.

But then she turned around, and looked down at him crouching there, at the last second before he was about to leap on her.

"You're what I've been looking for," she said.

He didn't know what that meant and didn't care, leaping silently at her, his blade stretched out, ready to cut her wide open in one quick and cruel slice, as he had so many other times.

A blinding light flashed in the alley, white hot, a little silent explosion. Searing pain split across Little Sammy's mind, and the light flung him backwards from his leap and down into the cold, wet pavement of the alley.

He landed with a grunt. He stayed there, his mind attempting to communicate with his legs, synapses of panic arriving nowhere.

Amanda strode towards him, quickly, almost as if gliding over the pavement. She stood above him, her blonde hair somehow illuminated and radiant in the dark alley, shining like a beacon. She looked down at Little Sammy, his hand a crude claw clutching for his knife, still trying to put his body and mind together as one in order to get up and finish the job of cutting her.

"You really are something awful," she whispered. "So much hurt you've caused."

Little Sammy grunted, and pulled himself up to one knee. He forced his fingers around his knife again.

"You'll never hurt anyone again," Amanda told him. "Your hurting days are over."

Little Sammy grabbed the knife tightly, looking up at Amanda's stomach, readying his unsteady hands to plunge the blade deep into her.

The light flashed again, bursting from Amanda's face, obscuring her. The light lashed across Little Sammy's mind, exploding past his skull, making every nerve ending in his body erupt into agony. An unseen force lifted him up into the air, holding him there, his legs kicking uselessly against the power and the pain as the white light danced around the alley.

He dropped his blade, heard it fell to the ground with a metallic ring.

Amanda kept him there, jerking in the air, searing into his mind with wave after wave of pain. Finally, she lowered him down, his feet unsteady but holding him upright somehow. She regarded him dispassionately, watching his chest heave as his body attempted to regulate his breathing again.

She walked past him wordlessly, towards the mouth of the alley and back out to the street. She didn't look behind her, she didn't have to. She knew that he was following her.

A couple of blocks later, she finally turned around to look at him. His expression was mostly blank, with some elements of confusion and pain still flickering past. But he wasn't a threat to her anymore, and would never be a threat to anyone ever again.

"You'll do just fine," she said. "Do you like scotch?"

Some part of Little Sammy still knew to nod.

***************************

Anna was unloading the dishwasher, a task that she genuinely hated. She wasn't sure why she hated it so much, but for whatever reason it annoyed her. She hadn't liked it a lot when she was living alone, but hadn't noticed it as much then.

Of course, there were a lot less dishes then. When she was out each night as the Spider, there had been mainly take-out food, paper plates, disposable cups.

These days it was her job, the kitchen, cooking the meals, all three of them unless they went out, cleaning up after them as well. It was her job to keep the kitchen stocked, keep the apartment clean.

Anna took a sip of the wine. Sweet. She had another.

She opened the cabinet, and began to put the plates back where they went.

"Sweetheart?"

Anna stopped what she was doing, and went to the doorway of the kitchen.

"Yes, Heather?" she replied.

"Can you bring me some more wine?"

"Of course," Anna said, reaching into the refrigerator for the bottle. She took the bottle into the living room, where Heather sat watching the television. The news was on, and once again the Power was the subject. The Power had been a constant subject of the news almost nightly since she had arrived in the City, a super powerful heroine from who knows where, seemingly unstoppable, unable to be hurt. A day didn't pass that the Power didn't fly in from wherever she was when she wasn't fighting crime, and foil some kind of criminal activity or another. The news media loved her, a strong and powerful crusader determined to singlehandedly wipe out all crime in the City- and possibly capable of it.

Anna stood by Heather, and poured the wine.

"Do you know her?" Heather asked Anna, Heather's eyes never leaving the screen. "From when you were the Spider? Did you ever meet her?"

Anna put the cork back in the bottle.

"No, Mistress," she said. "She had only just gotten into town when I was recovering. I don't know any more about her than what everyone does from the news."

"Oh, OK," Heather said. "I was just curious. I mean, she's fucking strong, isn't she? It doesn't seem like she feels any pain. That motherfucker today clubbed her over the head with a steel pipe, she just took it from him and knocked his ass the fuck out. Like it was nothing. And then she just flew away. How can she do that?"

Anna just shook her head.

"You can't do that, can you? As the Spider? Can you fly?"

"No, Heather," Anna said. "I can't fly."

"And I know you can be hurt," Heather went on. "I taped your broken ribs. If anyone knows you can be hurt, it's me. I didn't like seeing that."

Anna said nothing.

"I'm not sure I want you going back out there like that," Heather continued. "I don't know if I'll let you keep being the Spider. It seems like the world has passed you by out there. You have this flying woman who can stop a speeding car with her bare hands and walk away without a scratch. You have whatever the fuck that Red Eyes is, ripping people apart like a kid would do to cotton candy at the carnival."

Heather sipped her wine, and shook her head.

"I don't know what you would do out there, sweetie. I really don't."

Anna just looked at the floor, holding the wine bottle.

Heather put her wine glass down on the coffee table, and pulled Anna down onto the couch with her. Heather wrapped her arms around the smaller woman, and pulled her in close. She kissed Anna gently on the lips.

"I know you want to go back out there," Heather whispered to her slave. "I told you I'd think about it, and I am."

Heather slipped her hand into Anna's shorts, past the elastic waistband. Anna gave a little moan, and burrowed her face into Heather's neck.

"I just don't want you to get hurt," Heather went on. "I care about you. I want you. I don't want to have to put you back together again."

Heather slid her fingers into Anna's wet little center, pushing past the wet lips there, sliding her finger over Anna's stiffening clitoris.

"I don't want to lose you, Anna. You understand me? You're all I have, and I like what I have, for the first time in a long time."

Anna spread her legs, lifted up her hips. She kissed her Mistress' neck as her pussy burst into pleasure, soft little kisses of supplication.

The doorbell rang. Anna lifted her head from her Mistress' neck, towards the door.

"Should I?"

Heather sighed, and nodded.

"Yeah, go see who it is. Go on."

Anna padded towards the door, and looked out the hole in the door.

James Candy was out there.

Officer James Candy. One of the only people in the world who ever knew that Anna was also the Spider. Had been the Spider.

Although she hadn't wanted to tell him, not at first. James Candy had saved the Spider from being beaten and captured by the Mercenary the first time the Mercenary had tried to capture her. James Candy had picked Anna up, as hurt as she ever had been, and at Anna's direction, taken her home.

For the next couple of months, he had nursed her back to health, becoming a friend, and later a lover. She learned to love him, in her way, his strong and gentle intelligence matching her own, his lithe and powerful body wrapped up around hers in the nights as she healed.

She opened the door.

"James," she said.

"Hi."

"Come in! Come in."

He stepped past her, dressed in his police uniform, his hat held in his hands. He smiled down at Anna.

"How are you?"

"Good," Anna said. "What brings you?"

He would not have come if it wasn't urgent, she knew.

"Are you alone?"

"No," she said. "Come on- come meet Heather."

Anna led Officer Candy into the living room, down the couple of carpeted steps.

"Hello," he said, nodding towards Heather. She nodded back, saying nothing.

Officer Candy turned to Anna.

"Can we talk privately? I'm sorry to barge in on you two like this."

"We can talk here," Anna said. "It's OK. Heather knows about me- knows I'm the Spider. Or I was. She knows everything and there's no need for any secrecy from her."

"Oh," Candy said. He hadn't foreseen this.

He cleared his throat.

"I have to tell you, Anna," he went on. "I hate to tell you. I think you are in great danger. Well, I know you are. I know it."

They both looked at him.

"OK," Anna said. "Would you like some wine, James? A beer, maybe?"

"Well," he said. "I'm working. But fuck it. Do you have anything hard? I don't know what it matters anymore."

"Bourbon?"

"OK. I'll have some bourbon."

"Still neat?"

"Yeah," he said. Anna left to go pour the bourbon.

Officer Candy turned to Heather.

"How long have you and Anna been together?"

"A couple of months now. How long have you been a cop?"

"Oh, about ten- twelve years now?"

"My younger brother was killed by the police. He was guilty of nothing. The cop who killed him later admitted that and threw himself off a bridge. But that doesn't do much about my brother being dead."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"Yeah," Heather stated. "That's what everyone says to me."

Heather and James looked at each other for a moment, neither having any expression on their faces.

Anna came back with the bourbon. James threw half of it back, coughed at the burn.

"What kind of danger, James?"

"I don't exactly know," he admitted. "It's a detective. A person I am sometimes partnered with. I shouldn't be telling you this- shouldn't be talking about other police with you like this."

He had another gulp of bourbon.

"But this Detective- Stern, Detective Stern- is obsessed with the Spider. A lot of cops are. But not like this. There's something... off about him. He's changing."

12