The Spy Who Loved Me Ch. 03

Story Info
A pleasant interlude for Tim and Jenny.
4.4k words
4.71
8.3k
1

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/26/2022
Created 11/20/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
soroborn
soroborn
107 Followers

"Those men –" I began.

"It's OK," he repeated. I clung to him, my trembling gradually subsiding.

"Try to sleep," he said softly. "I'll stay awake, although I'm sure the sheikh's put his own people outside the tent now."

I nodded, and twined my fingers in his hair, my other hand resting on the muscles of his shoulder. I forced myself to relax, and felt my tiredness start to win out over the adrenaline.

***

When I opened my eyes again, Tim's arms were still around me, his face calm and alert.

I took a deep breath. "You didn't sleep, did you."

He shook his head. "But nothing happened."

He started to release me, but I tightened my arms again. "Tim?"

"Hmm?"

"Thanks."

He nodded, and I caught the flicker of an expression cross his face.

"Tell me," I said. "I'm starting to know when there's something you're not saying."

He looked away for a moment. "I was thinking about Sarah."

I was silent for a moment. "I understand."

He looked into my eyes again. "Jenny, I'll do everything in my power to keep you from harm. I should really put you on a plane straight back home."

"No," I managed. "I want to be where you are." And my lips were on his again, if anything more desperately than the previous night.

He returned my kiss, and I felt his body press against mine, then after long moments he pulled away reluctantly.

"Let's find out what's going on. This is a new situation even to me, and I genuinely don't know how the customs here deal with what's happened."

I nodded, and got up, pulling on my clothes. Tim dressed quickly, and we opened the tent flap. The two young men – I concluded they must be the sheikh's sons – were standing either side of the entrance, and the older of the two spoke to Tim, gesturing that we should follow.

He led us to a smaller tent, and the sheikh emerged. To my immense surprise, he awkwardly bent one knee, lowering his head, then straightened again. He spoke to Tim, his tone different to the previous day, and held out his hand.

Tim took the offered hand and they stood for long moments. Then the sheikh withdrew his hand and turned to go back into the tent.

I looked at Tim expectantly. He took a deep breath, and said, "Well, I learned something. The sheikh feels deeply dishonoured that we were attacked while we were under his protection. He doesn't know who the men are, but he's promised to give us any information we need about the bank accounts we came here to follow up."

"That's great."

"That's not all," continued Tim. "He's sending his daughter back to the city with us to represent him personally while we conduct our investigations."

I thought back to the young woman who'd served me the previous evening. "I'll enjoy that. It'll give me a chance to understand even more about these people."

We walked back to the main tent. At first I thought it was deserted, then from inside emerged a figure. I recognised the sheikh's daughter, though she was now dressed in similar clothing to me. Her long dark hair was caught back in a heavy gold clasp, and long earrings dangled from her ears, a pendant at her throat. Her blue eyes met mine, and she smiled. "Good morning. I'm Suleika, my father will have explained that I'm coming with you."

I nodded. "I'm sorry about what happened last night." Without thinking, I held my hand out to her, but she took it without hesitation.

"My father wants you to know that those men were not acting in accordance with our ways," she said. "He wants you to find out who sent them, and if any of our own people are involved, he will see that they are brought to justice."

I tried not to imagine what that justice would involve, and smiled. She released my hand, and looked up the road. "I've ordered us a car."

A moving dust cloud announced the arrival of the vehicle, and this time Tim got into the front seat, Suleika and I in the back.

I turned to her as the vehicle drove away. "We really are sorry that we've brought trouble on your family, and we're very grateful for the help you and your father have offered."

She nodded. "The world is a complicated place, and things that happen far away can touch us even here."

She gestured at the oasis, the surface covered with migrating birds. "Isn't it beautiful?"

Tim turned round and spoke to her briefly in Arabic. Her face lit up, and she nodded, smiling.

"I'm allowed to tell you that her name means 'beautiful' in Arabic," Tim grinned.

"Very appropriate," I said. Suleika smiled shyly, and this time it was she who reached for my hand.

Again the driver stopped at the small town, and this time Suleika disappeared for a few minutes, returning with pastries still warm from the oven, filled with raisins and almonds and fragrant with spices.

I bit into one. "Wow, these are amazing. I'll never look at a Danish pastry in quite the same way again."

Suleika smiled. "I'm afraid there's only water to drink, but when we get back to Dubai I'll take you for a proper meal."

The car continued north, and finally Suleika pointed. "There – you can see the Burj on the horizon."

We arrived back at the hotel, and Suleika spoke to the receptionist, who nodded.

"I've told them you'll be checking out later," Suleika said. "I hope you don't mind – father insisted we continue our hospitality to you, so I'll take you to our town house."

I nodded. "I would like a shower, though, and it'd be nice to use the pool one last time."

Suleika grinned. "No problem. I hope you have a spare bikini – I love to swim."

We took the express elevator up to the suite, and Tim changed in the bathroom while Suleika and I undressed in the bedroom. We walked over to the pool, and Suleika dived in, her long dark hair streaming behind her as she swam gracefully to the other end of the pool.

I tried to emulate her, and swam over to her, holding on to the side of the pool and kicking my legs. I heard a splash, and Tim surfaced behind us.

"Race you to the other end," he said. I rolled my eyes. "You must be joking, I know how fit you are."

"I'll race," grinned Suleika, her eyes flashing.

"Ready, set, go!" I chanted, and both of them launched from the side. I saw fierce determination on Suleika's face as she swam with powerful strokes. Amazingly, she pulled ahead of Tim and touched the end of the pool at least a second before him, turning to give him a triumphant look.

He raised his eyebrows. "You could try out for the Olympics with a time like that."

She grinned. "Maybe I will. Anyway, are you ready to get going yet? We have work to do."

We got out, and I cast a wistful glance back at the pool. We dressed, and Tim and I packed, then called for the porters to take our luggage. Suleika took out her phone and dialled, speaking briefly.

"A car will pick us up and take your luggage to the house, while we make a start at the office," she explained.

When we reached the lobby, a dark limousine was already waiting, and Suleika nodded to the driver as he loaded our cases into the boot. All three of us got into the back seat, and Suleika pointed out various landmarks as we passed.

After a few minutes we arrived at a tall office building. We got out of the car, and Suleika spoke to the driver, who nodded, then drove off.

We walked in to the lobby and the receptionist looked up. When she saw Suleika, she stood and came round to the front of the desk.

"Welcome, sayida. We were not expecting you for a few days."

Suleika nodded. She indicated Tim and myself. "These are honoured guests of my father – please extend them every courtesy. We will be working together. I will need Ibrahim, please ask him to join us in the conference room."

The receptionist nodded and went back to her desk, picking up the phone. We took the lift to the top floor of the building, and when we arrived at the conference room a man with a neatly trimmed beard in a dark suit was already waiting for us.

"Ibrahim, please meet Tim and his companion, Jenny."

I threw Tim a shocked look, but he smiled back. "In this culture, once trust is given, it is respected absolutely. No-one will learn anything from the sheikh's family."

I glanced at Ibrahim, and Suleika smiled. "Ibrahim is an older cousin. That's how business works here."

We were interrupted by a young woman bringing coffee. "I could certainly use a cup," Tim smiled.

We sat down at the conference table, and Suleika switched back to Arabic to explain to Ibrahim our purpose in being there. He nodded, and when she had finished he said, "Of course we will do everything we can to help. Tim, if you will provide me all the details you gained in Geneva?"

Tim reached into his pocket and took out a memory stick, handing it over. "Great," smiled Suleika. "Now we can go and get some lunch. Ibrahim, call us if you need anything."

We took the lift down to the lobby, and Suleika said, "It's only a few minutes to the house – can you cope with a short walk?"

We set off, and I noticed that we left the skyscrapers behind. Suleika saw me looking around curiously, and said, "This part of the city has been left for more traditional buildings."

We reached a pair of iron gates, and Suleika led us into a paved courtyard. At its centre was a pool with a fountain, and by it a tree. A shaded colonnade ran round the courtyard, and beyond I could see stone-floored rooms.

"Welcome to our home," said Suleika. She called a greeting, and a little girl came running out, followed by an old woman in the traditional black garments.

"Amma!" laughed the child as Suleika lifted her into the air. "Have you brought me a present?"

Suleika put her down. "Something better – visitors. Now, let me greet your jaddah properly."

She bowed her head in respect, and spoke briefly in Arabic. The older woman nodded to us, then turned to walk back into the house.

We sat down on low benches a little way from the fountain. "Can I stay with you, 'Leika?" begged the child.

"All right, Aki, but you must be good."

The child squirmed. "Don't call me that, 'Leika, I'm nearly six."

Suleika shook her head indulgently. "OK, Akilah, but if you're nearly six, that means you can definitely be good when we have guests."

She turned back to us. "I do apologise for my niece."

"No need," grinned Tim. "She seems a delightful child."

This prompted more squirming from Akilah, ended only by Suleika producing a sweet from her pocket.

"Lunch won't be long," she said. "Grandmother usually stays here when the rest of the family goes to the oasis, and there are a couple of servants."

"The breeze is lovely and cool," I said, tilting my head back.

Suleika smiled. "Another benefit of living here. We have a wind tower, and it draws the air through a qanat – a waterway – below the house. Air conditioning, without the high technology."

I heard footsteps approaching, and glanced across the courtyard to see two young men bringing a table. They set it down in front of us, then went back into the house, returning with trays. Suleika's grandmother brought a tall brass teapot and cups on a stand, then went to sit under the tree, closing her eyes.

"Please, eat," invited Suleika. "These are all traditional dishes."

We started to eat, and I said, "I'm falling in love with this place – the culture, the food, the people."

"Will you come and live here?" asked Akilah. "I could teach you to play siga." She indicated a board and scattered stones on a rug a little way away.

I smiled. "Who knows..."

Just as we were finishing lunch, Suleika's phone rang. She answered, and listened for a moment, then spoke briefly.

She put the phone back in her pocket. "That was Ibrahim. He's making progress, but it'll be tomorrow before he has all the details you need."

Tim nodded. "Thank you – we really appreciate your help."

He smiled at Akilah. "Now, young lady, what might we find to keep you amused this afternoon?"

Suleika rolled her eyes. "Now you really have let the jinn out of the bottle."

"Can we go to Children's City, amma? Please? Pleeease?"

"Only if Tim and Jenny say it's OK."

Akilah turned her imploring eyes on us, and I smiled softly. "How could anyone resist?"

Suleika grinned. "I'll organise a car."

She walked over to her grandmother, obviously explaining our plans, then took out her phone and made a call.

She returned to us. "All sorted. We'll have to walk back to the main road, it's not far."

I stood, and hesitantly walked over to where Suleika's grandmother was sitting. "Thank you for your hospitality," I said.

She nodded, obviously grasping my meaning, and reached out to take my hand briefly.

I smiled at her, then walked back to where Tim and Suleika were waiting with Akilah. We walked out onto the narrow street, and Akilah took my hand and then Tim's, swinging between us as we went.

We reached the main road, and the limousine pulled out of the stream of traffic to stop at the kerb beside us. Suleika got into the front seat, leaving Tim and I to sit with Akilah between us in the back.

The journey was a short one, and when we got out Akilah could barely contain her excitement as she saw the entrance to Children's City.

We walked in, and Tim took out his wallet. "No arguments," he said to Suleika. "You're looking after us, so this is our treat for the little one."

He bought tickets for us all, and we went through into the main plaza.

"Where first?" Tim asked Akilah.

She thought for a moment. "The Nature Centre!"

She skipped off with us following, and soon we were looking at various desert creatures in simulations of their habitat. Akilah squealed, her face a mixture of fear and delight, when a big furry spider moved toward her, and half-hid behind me.

I tousled her hair. "Silly, it can't get you."

She looked serious for a moment. "I know, Amma Jenny, but it's fun to pretend, isn't it."

I looked across at Tim with a smile, not surprised to see on his face the fiercely protective look I'd first seen in my apartment and then again the night we were attacked.

"OK," said Akilah decisively, "enough animals. Let's go to the Planetarium."

"We only have time to do three things," said Suleika gently.

Akilah nodded. "Then space exploration after that," she said.

We walked through to the Planetarium. A show was just about to start, and we found four seats together near the centre of the auditorium. Akilah wavered over where to sit, but finally Tim and I sat next to one another, with Akilah between me and Suleika.

The lights dimmed, and I felt Tim's hand on mine in the darkness. Akilah took my other hand, and squeaked as the seats tilted back automatically. I squeezed her hand, and felt her fingers tighten on mine in return.

The show started, and though the commentary was in Arabic, I easily followed our journey through the Solar System, flashing past the Moon, flying low over the Martian landscape to Olympus Mons, flinching as the camera turned just in time to avoid colliding with an asteroid.

The journey reached the gas giants, and in Jupiter's light I glanced aside to see Akilah's rapt face, her mouth an 'O' of wonder.

As we left the Solar System the camera turned to briefly follow a small craft with a large dish-shaped antenna and an extended aerial. I caught the word 'Voyager', then the camera zoomed out, and out again, showing the scale of the whole galaxy turning on its axis. The viewpoint shifted, and I recognised some of the iconic Hubble images – the Horsehead Nebula, the Eagle, the Pillars of Creation.

As the music faded into silence, the last image on the screen was an unfamiliar one, blackness filled with tiny glowing shapes. The lights came up, and I released Tim's hand reluctantly.

I turned to him. "What was that last one? I didn't recognise it."

He started to reply, and I was surprised to hear a catch in his voice, the glint of moisture in the corner of his eyes. "The Hubble Deep Field – the furthest out into space and back in time we've yet seen."

He looked suddenly tired, and I remembered that he'd hardly slept the previous night. "It makes what happens on this planet seem almost insignificant."

Then he looked across at Akilah, now drowsily insisting to Suleika that she wasn't asleep and could we go see the astronauts now?

"Then again," said Tim, "some things make it all worth while." I ached to reach out to him, but forced myself to hold back.

We made our way through to the Space Exploration section, and watched Akilah as she tried the gyroscope chair under the watchful eye of one of the staff. Then she reached out to touch the side of the Apollo capsule.

"Did people really go to the Moon in this?" she asked.

I glanced at the nearby attendant. "Actually, yes," he said. "This capsule is on loan from Washington."

I looked at the scorched surface of the capsule with new respect, then turned as I caught the sound of a yawn from Akilah.

"Come on, little one," Tim said, scooping her up in his arms. "Sounds like it's time you had a nap."

She nodded sleepily, her thumb in her mouth. Suleika looked embarrassed. "I thought she'd grown out of that."

We walked back to the entrance, Tim still carrying Akilah, and Suleika used her phone to call the car to pick us up. I got in first, and Tim handed the sleeping child to me. She settled in my lap without opening her eyes, and Tim slid in beside me.

We drove the short distance back to the house, and Suleika took Akilah upstairs, returning to us.

"She'll sleep for a while now," she said. "Thanks so much."

Her grandmother appeared, and Suleika spoke to her, obviously giving a brief account of our afternoon. She smiled, and nodded to Tim and me, then returned to the house.

"We'll eat again soon," Suleika explained. We sat down by the fountain, and the two servants brought water and fruit.

When we'd refreshed ourselves, Tim excused himself to go to the toilet, and Suleika said to me, "I'll show you where you'll be sleeping – perhaps you want some time to yourselves before dinner."

I hesitated, then put my hand on her arm. "It's not a problem for you that Tim and I aren't married?"

She shook her head, smiling. "You two are obviously meant for each other – qisma, we call it. You'd say 'kismet'."

"You really think so?" I said.

She nodded. "Anyway, Tim told me that you weren't... that you hadn't..." I could tell that she was blushing. "Come on – your room is through here."

She showed me into a large room with a bed similar to the one we'd slept in at the oasis. "I'll call you when dinner's ready."

She left, and after a few moments Tim joined me. "Was Suleika OK? She looked a little flustered."

I grinned. "She told me that it would be OK for us to share a room because it was our destiny to be with one another, and anyway she knew we weren't sleeping together."

Tim smiled wryly. "After last night I find myself wondering how long that'll last."

Now it was my turn to blush. I glanced to see that the curtain was firmly across the door, and moved into his arms, closing my eyes and tilting my face upwards. I felt his lips on mine, and couldn't help making a quiet sound, of pleasure and desire.

After long moments he broke the kiss. "My love," he whispered.

I buried my head in his chest and held him even more tightly. "Mm."

He indicated the bed. "We could lie down for a while..."

I took his hand, drawing him toward the bed, and we lay down, Tim wrapping his arms around me again. I stroked his hair, and he closed his eyes. I kissed him again, and he murmured something I couldn't make out.

"Hmm?" I said.

There was no reply, and I realised from Tim's slow steady breathing that he'd finally succumbed to his fatigue.

"Ah well," I murmured under my breath. "There's always later."

I watched Tim sleep, while I reviewed the events of the last few days again in my mind's eye.

soroborn
soroborn
107 Followers
12