The Stalker Ch. 05

Story Info
Mike begins his protection of Jill.
2.7k words
4.64
17.8k
1
0

Part 5 of the 25 part series

Updated 11/02/2022
Created 05/18/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
D.C. Roi
D.C. Roi
1,333 Followers

My alarm woke me at seven o’clock and I got up, took a shower. After I got dressed, I made myself a sandwich and ate it. I wasn’t sure whether Jill planned to feed me or not. Even if she did feed me, given her obvious focus on health, she might want to give me some kind of tofu concoction. That stuff gags me.

Finally, I locked up my house, got in my car, and headed for the health club. I arrived just before eight o’clock and went inside. The receptionist wasn’t behind the desk, but the door to Jill’s office was slightly ajar. Out in the area where the exercise machines were, some people, most of them women in excellent shape, as far as I could see, were still working out on the machines. Other club members, both male and female, were heading for the locker rooms.

I walked over and knocked on Jill’s door.

“Come in,” she said. She smiled when I pushed the door open and entered her office. “You’re right on time,” she commented.

“I always give my clients what they pay for,” I said. I took a seat in one of the chairs facing her desk.

“You might as well make yourself comfortable,” she said. “The members hang in there as late as they can most nights. Usually at nine I have to go out and chase them out of here.”

“I’m on the clock,” I said. “Doesn’t matter to me where I do my job.”

“If you have sweats, you’re welcome to use the equipment,” Jill said. “I have some bookwork to finish, then I have to close the place up.”

“No staff on to help tonight?” I asked.

She shook her head. “For some reason, Monday isn’t as busy as most other nights are,” she said. “I usually handle closing up myself those nights. The rest of the week my staff stays late, too.”

“Are all the people who work for you in that picture you showed me earlier?” I asked.

Jill nodded. “Why did you ask?” she said.

“Well, maybe I better look at the picture again,” I said. “Just so I know who’s staff and who isn’t. I’ve always figured the more I know about what I’m doing, the less likely I am to mess it up.”

Jill dug the picture out of her desk and handed it to me, then she picked up a pen and began writing something in a book lying on the desk in front of her.

I studied the picture. All of the members of her staff appeared to be younger than she was, and all of them appeared to be in excellent shape, too, both the males and the females. I spotted the blonde guy I’d seen her with. He was standing next to her in the back row. I wondered if he was in any danger from Billy. He could be, especially if Jill was still sharing her favors with him.

After I was pretty sure I’d recognize any of the people in the picture if I encountered them, I laid it on the desk, stood up, and walked out into the main exercise area. Several women were still puffing away on stair climbers and a couple of men were pumping away on the exercise bikes. I’ve never been much of one for mechanical assistance in working out. In fact, until I began working for Roscoe, I hardly ever worked out at all once I left the cops. But, I got so winded chasing a guy I spotted shoplifting when I was working a store security detail told me I was endangering myself if I didn’t get in shape, so I began running, swimming, and doing pushups and sit-ups at home. The exercise has helped. My endurance has improved considerably, and I’m a lot fleeter of foot than I was a year ago.

As nine o’clock approached, the small group of exercisers began drifting toward the locker rooms, all but one determined woman who was working the stair climber with incredible determination. She looked as if King Kong was chasing her up the stairs of the Empire State building. Sweat beaded on her face and arms, and her breasts, even though they were encased firmly in Spandex, jiggled as she pumped away on the machine. She was a good-looking brunette with a very tidy body. I hadn’t been committed to work tonight, I might have tried striking up a conversation with her. The last woman I met here in the health club had turned out to be a lot of fun, maybe the brunette would be, too. She certainly had the all of the equipment for it.

“That’s Serena,” Jill said, appearing beside me. “She’s always the last one here.”

“She’s sure giving that stair climber a workout,” I commented.

“She has a very stressful job and she works the stress out here in the club,” Jill said. “I guess I better tell her it’s time to quit.” She walked over and laid her hand on the woman’s arm.

Puffing like a steam engine, the woman stopped and looked at her. Jill said something and Serena nodded, then she stepped down from the exercise machine, picked up her towel, and headed for the women’s locker room.

Jill walked back over to me. “Would you mind checking the men’s locker room to see that everybody’s gone?” she asked.

“Be happy to,” I said. I started in that direction.

“Sometimes people leave stuff in the lockers,” Jill said as I walked away from her. “If you find anything, bring it to the office.”

“All right,” I said.

The men’s locker room was empty and nothing had been left behind by any of the members. I shut the lights off when I walked out. Jill and Serena weren’t around, so I went into the manager’s office and sat down to wait.

Jill walked in a few minutes later. “Serena’s gone,” she said. “Let’s turn out the lights, lock the place up, and head home.”

“OK,” I said. I stood up and followed her out of the office. She turned off the lights while I walked to the door. Then she joined me and we went outside. I stood there, looking around, while she locked the door.

“Your car or mine?” she asked.

“Will yours be all right if you leave it here?” I asked.

“Probably,” Jill replied. “The parking lot is well-lit, the neighborhood is pretty safe, and ever since I reported what Billy has been doing, the police do make frequent swings through here.”

She’d no sooner gotten the words out of her mouth than a blue and white police car turned off the street and came across the parking lot toward us. Floodlights on the roof of the car came on, bathing us both in bright, white light.

“Jill, this is Sergeant Mills,” a female voice said. “Are you OK?”

“I’m fine,” Jill replied. “This isn’t Billy. He’s a…a friend.”

The lights on the top of the police car went out, allowing me to see a uniformed female standing next to the open door on the car’s driver’s side. A uniformed female officer was standing there.

“I’ll be leaving my car here tonight,” Jill told her.

“We’ll keep an eye on it for you,” the officer said. “Take care.” She got back in the cruiser, then it backed up and pulled out of the parking lot onto the street.

“Working patrol on the night shift is the best detail on the department,” I said, as memories of how much I’d enjoyed being a police officer came back to me.

“Were you a cop?” Jill asked.

I nodded. “Ten years,” I said.

“Why did you quit?” she asked as we walked toward my car.

“My wife didn’t like me being a cop,” I told her. “She hated the hours and the fact I was gone a lot. So I got out.”

I opened the door on the passenger side of my car so she could get in.

“But you aren’t married now, are you?” she asked as she slipped into my car.

I walked around and got in behind the steering wheel. “Nope, I’m not married,” I said. “I’ve been divorced for almost a year now.”

“What happened?” she asked. “I mean, if you quit being a police officer because your wife didn’t like it…”

“She went back to her home town and bumped into an old boyfriend,” I said as I started the car and backed out of the parking space. “Meeting him got her thinking that maybe the grass was greener in another pasture and…” I shrugged as I slipped the shift lever into “Drive.”

“That’s too bad,” Jill said. “You must have been devastated.”

I pulled out onto the street and turned in the direction of Jill’s apartment building. I knew where it was because she’d given me the address earlier. “You know,” I said, “I was upset, but not nearly as much as I thought I’d be. I guess I figured if she could be happier with someone else, then maybe she ought to try.”

“You aren’t at all what you seem, are you?” Jill asked.

“I’m just an ordinary man who tries to get by as best he can,” I said. My face felt hot. Could I have been blushing?

“I’m not so sure about that,” Jill said.

I spotted the car following us the minute I pulled out of the health club parking lot. He wasn’t real careful about tailing me, although I’m sure he thought he was being cautious. I noticed him because he pulled out without turning on his headlights. If you’re going to do something like that, it’s best not to park under a streetlight. He was lucky the cop wasn’t still around.

The guy finally turned his headlights on about halfway down the block. He stayed quite a distance behind us, but he did stay with us. I debated whether I should mention the tail to Jill and decided not to, at least not right away. I wanted to see if he’d follow us all the way to the apartment building.

“Do you have underground parking at your place?” I asked Jill as I turned onto the street where she lived.

“No, all the parking spaces are out behind the building,” she replied. “Why?”

“I think our friend’s behind us,” I said. “Somebody’s been following us ever since we left the club.”

“Oh, God, it’s Billy!” she groaned. “What are you going to do?”

“Protect you from him,” I said. “Is there some way I can get you into the building so you won’t have to deal with him?”

“There…there’s a doorman out front,” Jill replied. “I-I usually don’t go in that way, but…”

“I’ll drop you off out front, then,” I said. “I want you to go right inside and go directly up to your apartment. Lock the door and don’t let anyone but me in. Have you got an extra key?”

“I…I think so,” she said. She began rummaging in her purse. “Here,” she said, handing it to me. “That key…it opens the outside door and the door to my apartment. What are you going to do?”

“After I drop you off, I’m going to park the car and come in,” I said. “You have parking space number 321, right?”

“Yes,” Jill said, “the parking spaces are numbered the same as the apartments. What...what are you going to do if Billy…if he tries something?”

“That’s up to him,” I said. “Would you mind reaching in the back seat and getting that knapsack?”

Jill did as I asked her and, once she had the knapsack, laid it on the seat between us. I unzipped it, reached inside, grabbed the 9 mm automatic in my clip-on holster, and pulled it out.

“A…a gun!” Jill exclaimed. “My God! Do...do you really think you’ll need that?”

“It’s better to be safe than sorry,” I said. “If anyone gets hurt in this deal, I’d rather it wasn’t me. People tend to calm down a lot when there’s a gun pointed at them.”

“Oh,” she said softly.

We were getting very close to her building now. “Brace yourself,” I said. “I’m going to do something that I hope will throw our friend back there off a little.”

“All…all right,” Jill replied.

I clipped my holster to my belt as I continued down the street and accelerated, trying to make it look as if I was going to drive right on by the apartment building. The car following us had closed in and speeded up when I did. I hoped he would be taken off guard by what I planned to do.

“When I tell you to go, go,” I told Jill. “Get inside and get up to your apartment.”

When I was right in front of Jill’s building, I jerked the steering wheel to the right and jammed on the brakes, bringing the car to a screeching halt right in front of the door.

“Oh, God!” Jill exclaimed.

I was watching the other car, which shot by me and, as it did, the brake lights came on and the nose went down.

“Get inside!” I yelled at Jill. “Now!” She did exactly what I told her to do. She opened the door, jumped out of the car, and raced across the sidewalk toward the doorman, who had emerged to see what all the noise was about.

I checked the other car. It had gone down the street a little way and was making a U-turn. I stepped on the gas, drove to the end of the building, and pulled into the parking lot. I saw the lights of the other car sweeping the building as it pulled in behind me.

I found Jill’s parking space without much trouble. The management had marked each of them with reflective numbers, which made that job easier. I pulled into the space, shut off the car, and unsnapped the strap over my gun. Then I got out of the car, pulled the gun out of the holster, and held it down behind my leg as I turned to face the other car, which was coming toward me.

The car, which looked like either a Camaro or Firebird – I couldn’t tell because of the headlights – screeched to a stop inches from my car and the driver jumped out.

“Who the fuck are you?” he yelled. “Where’s that bitch?”

“She’s in the building,” I said, keeping my voice low. “And who I am is none of your damn business.”

“I’ve about had it with her screwing around on me,” he yelled. “I’m gonna put an end to it right now. You’re ass is in big trouble, shithead.” He started advancing toward me. When he walked into the headlights, I recognized him.

“Hi, Billy-boy,” I said. I raised my gun and pointed it at him.

He saw the gun, stopped short, and his hands came up in front of him in a defensive position. “Hey!” he said.

“Hey yourself, Billy-boy,” I said. “Why don’t you get back in your car and get the hell out of here? And don’t come back. You keep this up, you’re going to wind up in jail.” I paused. “Or maybe you’ll get hurt. You want that, Billy-boy? Is all this worth that?”

“Who the fuck are you?” he asked. “You a cop or something?”

“Billy-boy, it doesn’t matter who I am,” I said. “All you need to know is that I’m the guy who’s going to stop you from harassing Jill. Go away, Billy-boy, get in your car and go away and don’t come back. Ever.”

“Fuck you!” he yelled, but he was backing up as he said it. “I’ll go, but only because you have that fucking gun. I’ll be back, and I’ll have a gun, too. I’m gonna fix your ass and hers, too.” He got in his car, slammed the door, and screeched out of the parking lot leaving a trail of blue smoke.

“I’m not so sure I convinced him to stop,” I thought as I slipped my gun back in my holster. I got my overnight bag and knapsack out of the back of my car, locked it up, and walked into the building.

There was a set of stairs just inside the rear entrance. I made sure the door was locked, then started up the stairs.

D.C. Roi
D.C. Roi
1,333 Followers