The Stolen Wife

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bucksilver
bucksilver
424 Followers

Now, it was Matthew turn to set back in his chair, "...Brilliant, your honor, simply brilliant..."

Catherine lean toward Matthew, "What does all that mean?"

The judge answered for Matthew, "It dissolves your marriage, Missus Landreau. As if it never happened. You have no children with him, you've acquired no significant amount of property in joint tenancy. You have what? Some gifts from him, a car, some clothes. You will get to keep all that."

Catherine sat up in her seat, "Oh, Ooh! Oh, that's great! Oh my, I couldn't have wished for anything any better! Oh! That's.... That's fantastic.. Oh, Oh, Scotty will be so pleased."

Matthew sat up in his chair, "My brother, Scott, will be ecstatic. He plans to marry Catherine as soon as this case is closed. My mother is already making the preliminary plans."

Judge Meyers sat all the way back in his chair, "You are kidding me. Your brother, the international Don Juan is going to marry this angelic young lady? The word is out there that he has changed quite a bit. That most likely there is a woman involved." He turned to Catherine, "So, you are that woman. I am very pleased to meet you, madam. I am also quite positive that there are many husbands out there, like myself, who will want to be at that wedding just to make sure it happens."

Catherine smiled, "Your honor, I will personally check the guest list and make sure you and your lovely wife are in fact on it. I sat next to her at a charity event about six or eight months ago. You and I didn't say much to each other. But, she and I had a good time. Your wife was born in Concord.. That's about one hundred miles from where I was born in New Hampshire."

The judge leaned forward and placed his elbows on his desk, "Yes OK, I remember you and that jerk who's wife you once were. I'll tell my wife "hi" for you."

"Your honor?" injected Matthew, "We would appreciate it very much if you would wait to tell your wife anything until after you have signed the order of annulment."

"Yes, you are right Matthew.." responded the judge as his clerk enter the chamber, and said, "Your honor, I talked to a friend of mine at the court clerk's office... Keep it at fifteen minutes and you can have the first case Monday morning." I'll see that there is a bailiff that will get things started right at nine o'clock, sharp. Mister Gardner? You and your client should be there at eight thirty."

Nine fifteen on the following Monday morning, Judge Meyers rapped his gavel, "As per the prenuptial agreement, motion for annulment is granted, order signed. This marriage is hereby annulled, dissolved." Turning to Catherine, "You are no longer Catherine Landreau. You are now Catherine Bennett. Your maiden name has been restored." He rapped his gavel again, "Next case!"

Robert shot up out of his chair, "No! No! It's it is not over! We are not done here yet!"

"It is over, Mister Landreau!!" said Judge Meyers, "Please leave the court room, now. Or, I will have you removed."

As Matthew hustled Catherine out of the court room, she heard Robert plead, "Catherine? Catherine?!? Please..."

Out in the hall, Matthew said, "Okeh, that's over. You are not married anymore. How do you feel about that, Miss Bennett?"

Catherine smiled as they neared the elevators, "It feels good, Matthew, thank you. Now, I can't wait until I join Stephanie and your mother by becoming the next Missus Gardner."

Entering the elevator, Matthew said, "Neither can Scott. Anyway, that's all behind us and Scott wants to take you to meet our parents on Friday. So, right now, we will get your passport photos. Then tomorrow, Mary, my paralegal will call you when she has the signed order. She will then take you in to get your passport reissued."

When they reached Matthew's car, Catherine turned to him, "I need to give you a hug. Words just cannot express my gratitude for what you and your staff have done for me. You are the greatest, Matthew." With that she gave him a big bear hug. Then she stepped back and said, "I want you to know, I have Stephanie's approval on that hug."

Matthew grinned, "Scott says that you already consider yourself his wife. So, welcome to the family. However, we will still be there for the wedding. Along with many others who feel that seeing is believing."

--------------------------------------

Walter Bennett stood rigidly in a tuxedo, looking out over a sea of people from all over the world, eighteen hundred at last count. He was waiting to escort his oldest daughter down the long aisle to become the wife of Dr. Scott Gardner. He looked out over the crowd thinking, what a magnificent day for a wedding on a quaint Greek Isle. His attention returned to the progress of the wedding. Mendelssohn's Wedding March was coming to an end and the wedding party was almost in place. Catherine had selected Vivaldi's For Seasons to get the guests seated. Beethoven's Fifth Symphony opened the ceremony and brought in the pastor. Followed by the Wedding March to bring in the groom and the wedding party. But, it was Pachelbel's Canon that would bring the bride and her father down the aisle. Moving to the beat of the base, it had taken almost the whole piece to make it down the aisle in practice.

Catherine's father pondered what his daughter told him when he mentioned her white dress. She said that the other wedding was entirely Robert and Lydia Landreau's affair. That this wedding is her's. And, as far as she and Scott were concerned, it is her first. He smiled thinking over her rational. Then he heard her voice behind him, "Daddy? I'm ready." Walter turned toward her voice, "Wow, you look magnificent. Catherine, your dress is elegant and it fits you like a glove. You are one classy young lady and make a stunning bride."

"Daddy, Oh daddy, Thank you. Once Scott told me that I had a lot of class and elegance. That I am beautiful. I told him that I didn't feel that I was all that. Daddy? Today, in this dress, I feel like I am all that."

"My dear little girl, you certainly are all that... You ready to really get married?"

"You betcha daddy, for the rest of my life."

Noticing that the bride was in place, the orchestra began Pachelbel's Canon. Catherine and her father stepped off down the aisle. She felt like it was a fairytale and she was floating inches off the floor, moving toward her prince charming.

At the Landreau wedding, when it came time for Catherine to say "I do." she uttered it in little over a whisper. Today, when it came time for her to say "I do." she rocked up off her heels. Letting herself back down, slowly, she said in a clear tone of voice, "Yes, I do, I do. Oh yes, I do!" She looked at the smiling pastor, who she had known all her life, then back at a smiling Scott. Then softly, she said, "Well... I do."

----------------------------------------------

Six months after her Annulment was approved, Scott and Catherine attended their first social event. It was hosted by the university's research department and several of their client corporation. With assigned seating, Scott and Catherine found themselves seated next to the university's president and his wife, Dr. William and Sharon Jamison.

Scott seated Catherine next to Sharon as he introduced her as his wife to both of the Jamison's. Sharon smiled big as she shook Catherine's hand, "So, you're the one that corralled Scott? I am very pleased to meet you as Missus Gardner. When you went missing and I heard of Scott's change, I wasn't at all surprised when we received your wedding invitation. It was a beautiful wedding and I think you were quite clear about your intent to become Scott's wife. I heard that about eighteen hundred people were there to share that event with you two."

As the table filled and Catherine chatted with Sharon and a couple of the other ladies, Robert Landreau approached them. Directing his comment at Scott, he stated in a loud tone, "You stole my wife... Catherine was my wife and you stole her from me!!!" The whole room quieted and turned their attention toward Robert. Scott considered Robert's comments for a few moments, "Dean Landreau!?! If Catherine were ever really your wife your wife, I would have never had a chance." Scott held up Catherine's left hand. Her wedding rings caught the light and sparkled as if they were ten times their size, "She wears my rings and..." placing one hand on Catherine's abdomen, he continued, "She carries our child!"

"But, but..." blubbered Robert. Sharon looked up at him "Dean Landreau! Catherine is not your wife any longer. Judge Meyers annulled your marriage. She is now Missus Gardner. Grow up, get over it, move on..!"

What could he say? Sharon was his boss's wife. Robert stammered, "Ah, ah... Oh very well." With that he turned and went back to his seat next to his mother.

As her son returned to his seat, Lydia stared at the Jamison table, thinking, "Scott most definitely stole Catherine away from my Robert. But, there is nothing I dare do about it. I've known their father for more than forty years. I also know that he runs the family empire like a Mafia Don. If I did anything to hurt anyone in his family, he would crush my son and I like a couple of bugs. And now, Catherine is part of his family. I guess I'll just have to find Robbie another wife. This time I'll look for a girl not quite as smart and certainly not as attractive."

Sharon turned to Catherine and with a big smile and asked, "Your pregnant? You two are going to have a child? Scott Gardner is going to become a father?!?" She then turned toward both Scott and Catherine, "So, how many do you two plan to have?"

Scott answered Sharon's question, "As many as her body can safely produce. Or, she says that's it,"

Catherine smiled and said, "I think a dozen will do just fine."

On their way home that night, approaching the main entrance to their gated community, Scott asked his wife if she felt that he had stolen her from Robert. "Yes, you did! You most certainly did! You rode in like some rogue knight and stole me away from him. Soo, my dear husband, because you did, I will love you, be your loving wife and the mother of our children for the rest of my life."

bucksilver
bucksilver
424 Followers