The Strange rooms Ch. 05

Story Info
Vicar's wife visits.
2.3k words
4
2.1k
1
0

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 10/25/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When dawn broke at White Abbey, Flora woke by the movement of her mistress. She opened her eyes and saw Sarah Fallows sitting on the bed holding the bed cover like her life depended on it. A story of painful anxiety was written all over her face, as if she were already being punished in purgatory.

"Flora, what have we done? What have I done? I have broken my marriage wows," sobbed Sarah. "I have been consorting with heathen beasts. When King Arthur lay a siege on the tower of Remorse, he used common hares as spearmen...*" Sarah stopped talking and looked on Flora with wide eyes.

"Hush, it's alright. There is nothing wrong with you," Flora said and hugged her mistress. "The fairy servant of Merlin was almost always female. Svava Orms attended a dinner in Tintangel Castle...there are some things I cannot say, and I think you know of what and whom."

"Despicable. Dreadful. I shall have them outlawed."

"How are you feeling? Do you want breakfast?" asked Flora.

"I'm a bit sore down there. I am not used to this. I feel dirty and I don't think I can ever show myself among Cristian people again."

"I'll think we order a hot bath and some breakfast," Flora decided. For the moment she would have to be in charge.

Flora Thorpe walked down to the kitchen, contemplating over her own feelings. First, she was pissed off by the spell of the sisters, then she felt she should be outraged that she had been used in their indecent gatherings and at last her body felt rather good. No matter what, now she knew just how good a fuck could be. She was surprised she was handling this situation so calmly.

Lucy agreed having the stableboys bring up water and fire up the kettle in the bathroom.

"How does the Lady fare?" asked the servants.

"She's just having a bad spell," replied Flora. "A hot bath and she'll be as good as new again."

As Mrs. Fallow tried to relax in the bath, Flora heard there was some commotion on the front yard. She looked down and saw the Vicar of Westone and his wife step out of a coach.

"It's John Thurgood and his wife," said Flora.

"Damn it," muttered Sarah. "It's time then."

"Pardon?"

"The vicar is probably here to talk about our marriage. Robert has surely proposed an annulment."

"I'm sorry. Do you want to receive them?"

"Jane doesn't hold indisposition as an excuse. She will storm up the stairs. Better be prepared."

At the entrance Mr. Fallow welcomed his guests, "I'm surprised. I didn't expect company so soon, but you are welcomed."

"We are on our way to a farm by Berry Hill. Church business," replied Thurgood. "We thought we would bring you news."

Robert offered his arm to Jane Thurgood, "at least I'm able to offer you some food. Unfortunately, my wife is taken ill."

"Nothing serious I hope," Jane asked.

"I'm sure she will welcome your visit."

Jane Thurgood marched up the stairs as Sarah had predicted. She had no need of direction or assistance as she knew White Abbey and Sarah Fallow very well. They were cousins. When Jane barged in the private bed chamber Sarah was prepared and looked demure, even though she felt like a rotten fish.

"So, what is this malady about?" Jane demanded.

"Just a couple of broken marriage wows." replied Sarah

"Has Robert been unfaithful?"

"Not to my knowledge."

Jane was a strong-willed force of nature, but with a good heart and with a down to earth disposition. She was a couple of years older than her cousin Sarah, with five children, marriage trouble was nothing new. She was not stupid either. She just said, "Oh."

Robert Fallow and John Thurgood sat in the drawing room in comfortable armchairs with Thomas Burke as company, nursing a good brandy before lunch.

"I've been at Fitzclarence at the castle in Glouchester." Thurgood started.

"So, you have news from the world." interrupted Robert. "We are so far from major events out here."

"Yes. The situation of Mrs. Jordan has deteriorated in Paris. It is quite bad. They are worried." John sipped his brandy before he continued. "Then the Kings illness has worsened. Martin LeCarré was at the castle, and he warned me that time is running out."

"That is bad news. But the Prince Regent is strong," pointed out Robert.

"Martin asked especially about your wellbeing Robert, and how you fare," continued Thurgood. "He said you could be a useful addition to the Royal magicians."

"But the other royal magician, Matthew Carnright, has another light of Mr. Farrow. Has he changed his mind?" asked Burke.

"I don't know", answered Thurgood. "But since the debacle with the Regent's marriage, there is little love in the publics opinion of the royalty nor the marriage affairs of the nobility. The church is, as always, in the marriage business. Not the other way around. You need more leverage if you want an annulment and leverage is wanting in Shropshire. If I were you, I would reconsider your position."

"I was thinking on the benefit of my wife's health. Sarah has difficulty to see the face of me," replied Robert. He swiveled the brown liquid around in the glass," The matter of the royal magicians, I doubt I could do anything for the king. I could research my books, but know my spells are limited."**

"When you say broken," asked Jane.

"In every sense of the word. I've behaved as a fickle, wanton, naughty and wicked harlot. I don't deserve to be Robert's wife."

"With whom?" Jane wondered.

"Svava Orms had a lot of sympathies with Merlin but she still pitied him,***" Sarah replied to Janes consternation.

"What?" shouted Jane as she thought she had just been slapped in the face.

"Excuse my lady, but we have difficulties to speak of. There are some limits of what and whom we can say." Flora explained. "It's most disconcerting and not of our own choice."

Jane was flabbergasted for a while, she had never heard of anything like this, before she suggested, "Does it also limit written words?"

The women gathered with great enthusiasm some paper and pens and Sarah started to write. Their hope died when they noticed the written text was an instruction how to curse an enemy with a burnt sheep's head.

"I think you are in need of my company much more than the farmer of my husband," said Jane without regard as if she was enforcing hospitality.

"I hope you have been careful. There will be no expecting?" asked Jane with a stern look.

Both Flora and Sarah glanced at the floor, they did not want to confess it's been on their mind.

"My god, the horror," thought Flora with shudder. "Imagine bearing a child with antlers."

Jane Thurgood shook her head and muttered something about foolish young women. Then she walked down to announce she was staying overnight. Her husband was not fond of her decision but accepted it.

After the vicar drove away in his coach, Thomas Burke turned to Robert and asked, "You don't think there is space for reconciliation?"

"You should see her eyes when she lays her eyes on me. Ever since we first met, she cringes when I'm close. Our fathers fancy was utterly cruel. We don't fit," answered Robert.

"You both were very young." Burke replied. "You are still young."

"For her it is a chore duty, to endure with gritting teeth and tears. Don't you think she deserves better?"

Thomas had no reply on that question, but he wondered why Robert would force himself upon teeth and tears. He remembered Flora's eyes when she had his cock in her mouth. "I do not think she would cringe in tears and gritting when she sees my member," he chuckled to himself.

In Jane Thurgood's world, almost nothing was worse than brooding in misery and self-contempt. She suggested they should take a walk in the park. "The fresh air will do us good," she decided.

When Jane said "us", she meant her and Sarah. Flora helped Sarah dress so she could walk out of the house as a proper respectable woman, with light make up and brushed hair, ready to encounter the world, or at least the park of White Abbey. She hummed a song she remembered from yesterday. Of course, when the ladies were ready to take a walk, they wanted her companionship. "Or service," as Flora reminded herself.

In the Park they walked towards the creek that flows into the Wye. The weather was clear, but a little chilly and damp. The women smelled molding leaves and wet earth in the air. It was invigorating compared to the stale confined space of the White Abbey.

"I do not understand why he persists on being a magician, as it would be desired to be a street-charlatan, trickster or a mock-sorcerer fraud," stated Sarah.

"I understand he is being sought by the royal magicians." Jane replied.

"What, do the royalty have their own magicians? What do they do?"

"They do not speak aloud of some subjects. I do not know the business of the magicians."

"Why don't they cure the King from his madness?" asked Sarah fervently. She wiggled with her fingers as she was casting a spell, "why doesn't he tread gently in the bed."

"Wait, is he not gentle?" Jane stopped and held Sarah's arm.

"It's just he is so clumsy. You think he would know it's pretty scary with his angry one-eye waving at you. I mean, he's educated and should know not to act like an ox in bed with a young lady."

"I see. I think I understand the problem," said the vicar's wife. She might be a faithful believer of the church and committed to its values, you don't have five children if there is no loving with your husband.

"I should not be surprised, "She laughed. "So, you walked over to the other side to see how it would feel?"

"No."

"No?"

Flora decided she should clarify. "It was a mistake we couldn't walk away from."

Jane stopped, "but you cannot by any means dislodge it sooner?"

Both women nodded and at that moment Jane understood they were as thick as thieves.

"So, tell me, if we could get this annulment to go away. Would you then want to fulfill your wifely duties?"

"Not when I've broken our wows. It would not be fair to him."

"If the Lord would absolve you from your sin?" asked Jane slowly. "It says in the bible with our savior's own word, adultery is a forgivable sin."

"Do you think Robert would forgive me?" Sarah asked in a guilty voice. She knew all too well her situation would be most difficult if Robert was granted a divorce.

"You know, we older women could have a conversation with Robert about proper bed manner."

She looked at her cousin with suspicion. "You are impossible. Have you ever had that kind conversation with a man?"

"I've never had that problem. John has always been enthusiastic in bed. You just have to nudge him in the right direction when he becomes a little wayward. He can be quite affectionate," said Jane with a smile. "Sometimes it feels more than really good."

"Oh, you hussy," grinned Sarah. "I cannot believe what I'm hearing." In her mind she wondered if she would have accepted Jane's testimony if she had not last night's experience. She could lament as much as she wanted, just the thought of that night made her wet, fluttering, and gave her a tingly feeling down there.

"Shall we walk over the creek and visit the gazebo?" Sarah asked. They walked to the small wooden bridge over the creek and discovered suddenly that the land had suddenly changed. A mist blew in and the trees and bushes seemed to grow out of the ground.

Flora was the first to suspect foul playing, "oh no, not again." She tried to find a way out, but she found none. Some mist dissolved in the eerie sunlight, but the land had turned into a strange green room of trees and bushes.

The forest ranger Abraham Stuart saw with his own eyes how the women walked over the bridge and disappeared. He walked down to the creek and looked around muttering, "where did they go". To his astonishment he couldn't find any trace of them on the ground and ran with fear up to the house.


Notes

* The land of Remorse is a land you regret you ever put your foot on. Its full of perils and nasty riddle enchantments. One of the nastier is the Cherry tree warden. There is a Cherry tree warden who forbids everyone to taste her cherries unless they answer a riddle. The riddles she gives are always easy, so people can eat her delicious cherries. Once you have taste of one sweet cherry you want more and more, until you are full. Naturally, the berries give you the runs of the kind you wish you would not survive from.

** Even though Mr. Fallow had an impressing library of magical books, it is still a known fact the magicians of renown, like Merlin and Hrafn Lot, did not write nor read books with exception of Roger Hughes. Roger Hughes writes that Merlin of principle refuse to read and write books, a common trait of that age. Merlin advised you should read the leaves. Mattew Carnright writes in "The Magician Journal", #3 1810, the books of magic are from inferior magicians from a latter age and should be treated as such.

*** Svava Orms was the wife Hrafn Lot. At a dinner at Tintangel Castel she spoke to Merlin, "Thou changest thee as raiment, and then tears have no end." She spoke of the female fairy servants Merlin loved.