The Succubae Seduction Bk. 02: The Twins Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lyden's face grew angry. Eldon had seen his father angry more today than any other time in his past. Losing Areth, and having his family kidnapped was taking its toll on his dad. It was taking a toll on all of them.

"They have my daughter and one of my wives, not to mention Shelly's girlfriend," Lyden said with a voice full of anger, sorrow, rage, and determination. "They've gone too far this time. They will pay. I won't lose anyone else!"

"I understand how you feel," Mandy spoke up. "But the world can't lose you, Mr. Snow. You're too important to the people of the Shadow World."

"They can go to hell for all I care," Lyden spat. He walked over to the fountain near Brooke and picked up Areth's statue. Tears formed in his eyes as he spoke. "I won't lose anyone else. I lost Lisa years ago to them, and thought I'd bloodied their nose enough to teach them a lesson. Their actions recently have shown that they can't be taught. They are a cancer of hatred in the world. For too long, we have been content to let them grow, thinking they were ineffective. This last attack only means one thing. War. It is not a war I am willing to lose. I will not lose anyone else! No one! Am I clear?"

The car was silent for a moment, before Eldon spoke up. "You won't dad. I'll make sure to bring them all home. I won't let you down. But that's no reason for you to join the fight. Stay here. Coordinate from here. Let us be your hands and eyes. You can't run the fight from the middle of it."

"When the Outsiders threatened our existence, I didn't stay back then," Lyden faced his son. Eldon kept his father's gaze. "I went out and killed them. I fought. I won't stay behind this time, either."

"That was different," Eldon held his ground. "You had your powers then. You don't now. I understand how you feel, Dad. They have my sister, my step-mom, and Jessica. If even one hair on their head is hurt, I'll destroy them all myself."

"How will you do that?" Lyden demanded. "You can't change anymore. You're locked into that one form."

That hurt him more than he would admit. At least his dad wasn't insisting on him staying behind this time.

"Because I had a great man teach me the importance of fighting for the right reasons from the time I was a little kid," Eldon grinned. "Because I have trained for this my whole life. My form isn't what's important. What you helped teach me is."

Eldon's words seemed to get through to his father, and he bowed his head. He cradled the statue in his hands and wept. "I won't lose anyone else, Son. You hear me? Don't you dare die out there. None of you can. I... I can't lose anyone else. I can't."

Brooke folded him into her arms and held her husband. He noticed for the first time that his dad was getting old. Brooke looked like she was still in her mid-twenties, though she was much older. Next to her, Lyden looked ancient with the wrinkles around his eyes and the gray in his hair.

Sonia turned to face the other agent. The man had remained silent almost the whole time, to the point where Eldon had forgotten he was in the car. "All of our forces are ready to move on your word, Commander. Just give the order."

"As soon as this car stops, we move," Sonia responded, then turned to face the rest of the car. "The President has authorized full lethal force. We will act as the vanguard. Our main mission is to rescue the hostages. Once they're clear, a tactical missile strike will hit the base." She walked over to Lyden and handed him a screen. "Ambassador Snow, use this to see through my eyes. The President will also be watching. If you need to issue any commands, speak into it and we will hear. The rest of you, take these ear pieces. I know some of you prefer to use swords, but there will be a small team ready with pistols and rifles when we stop."

"What kind of resistance can we expect?" Brooke asked as she hefted her two watery blue blades, checking their balance.

"As long as we catch them by surprise, it'll be slight. The base is well fortified, and well manned. They shouldn't know we know where they are. We will get in as quiet as possible, and get out. If we're lucky, they won't know we were there until the missiles are striking," the tactical agent spoke up.

"I still don't agree with wiping them out," Brooke stated. "We might be making martyrs out of them. I—"

"Enough!" Lyden snapped. "I am done having my family targeted and kidnapped. The only reason I didn't retaliate against Varun when he kidnapped you last time is because the consequences of taking out a Pillar was too great. No one worth their spit will miss these bastards. They will pay, and everyone will know not to mess with my family. I understand your concerns, my love, but my mind is made up on this. Tonight, the Paladonic Knights will be destroyed."

"The President is in agreement," Sonia said.

"I agree they need to be stopped," Mandy spoke up, "but I'm glad my dad isn't here to see this."

They were silent for a moment. Lyden was the first to break it. "He was a good man, Mandy, and I considered him a friend. We had our differences at first, but he proved to be a good person at heart. I was sorry when he passed away."

"That's part of my point," Brooke spoke up. "Emmet was a good person, and he was once a Knight. How many good people are we going to kill tonight?"

"Enough that no other good people will ever think of joining the Knights," Lyden spoke in a tone as hard as granite.

The Orange Bubble stopped, ending any further arguments. The tactically clad agent opened the door and stepped out. A moment later, he waved the rest of them to follow. Only Lyden stayed behind.

The night sky was filled with stars. They were in a wooded mountainous area, parked on the side of a hill. They wound their way through the trees, until they came across three men, all dressed in tactical gear.

They were shown to a foam-lined crate, filled with various weaponry.

"Grab what you need," Sonia's voice sounded in Eldon's earpiece, though he noticed her lips didn't move. Being an android, she could probably transmit her voice directly to them.

Eldon saw everyone else move to the crate, and he followed suit. He noticed a wide array of weaponry. There was enough here to start a small revolution in a third world country. He grabbed a short sword, strapped it to his back, then picked up a pistol with its holster and placed it on his right hip. He rooted around and found some spare clips, then grabbed an assault rifle.

He was weighed down with all the weaponry, but felt it was better to go in ready, than wish he had it when he needed it.

"Just over this rise is their base," Sonia's voice sounded in his ear again. "If we're all ready, we can move out. I'll send the signal to launch the missiles as soon as we're clear with the hostages."

"Be careful out there," Lyden's voice sounded next. "Bring them home safe."

They all nodded.

They all knew how to move in silence, except for Brock. There was no helping the sound of his mechanical legs as they moved through the forest.

Eldon's first glance at the Paladonic Knight's fortress made him worry. It was surrounded by a wall that Sonia's information said was forty feet tall. Gun turrets were mounted every fifteen feet. There were two main entrances, one on each side, each manned by four guards carrying automatic rifles loaded with silver bullets. There was no way to get in or out without being seen by dozens of security cameras.

This was the largest group Eldon had ever worked with, but it seemed tiny compared to what they were up against. Luckily, Sonia's intelligence showed a secret entrance used by the highest leadership when they didn't want their comings and goings noticed.

They circled wide around the front gate, staying to the shadows. Their entrance was located near a rock outcropping, and disguised as a giant boulder. When Sonia pressed against it, it lifted with ease, revealing a ladder down into a dark hole.

One by one, they dropped down in, except for Brock. His mechanical legs were too wide to fit in the hole, so he remained behind to guard their retreat along with the other agents. He held an automatic rifle in his hands as he hunkered down in his transportation.

At the bottom of the ladder was a dimly lit tunnel leading in the direction of the base. Brook led the way, her blue blades out and glimmering with a soft light of their own. Eldon's heart hammered in his ears as he strained to hear any noise beyond their own breathing and soft footfalls.

Brooke's gasp sounded loud in the silence as she stopped. "Something is very wrong," she said and held up her blades. They were still blue, but no longer glowing with their own light.

"Who gave that command?" Sonia sounded angry in his ear a moment later. She glanced around at them with eyes wide. She claimed to be an android, but her look was filled with fear. Can an android feel fear?

"You did, commander," came a response in his ear from one of the other agents outside.

"Someone gave the command to launch the missiles. We've been compromised." Sonia's lips moved as she spoke this time, and there was no mistaking the fear in her voice.

Before anyone could respond, the ground shuddered and dust filtered down from the ceiling. The missiles were already striking the ground, killing anyone above them.