The Swinger's Lifestyle

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All I know for sure is that shortly after both my wife and I were arrested and put behind bars, the defense lawyer Mark Gregory entered our lives and assured us that everything was going to be okay. He said that soon we would be out of jail. He didn't say how he was going to do this but he said he would make it happen.

The funny thing is we had complete faith in our lawyer. We had complete faith in him and because of that faith we at first had no worries. Both Debbie and I spoke to Mark Gregory six days after we were arrested and we walked away from that meeting believing everything would be alright.

It has now been close to a year since that first meeting with Gregory and we are still in prison. In the meantime both my wife and I have seen everything that we have taken away from us. We have seen everything that we had built for ourselves disappear as a result of legal bills.

Still day after day we hear from our lawyer who says everything will be alright. We don't know for sure but we tell ourselves to keep the faith. We give ourselves pep talks to bolster our resolve but yet those pep talks lose their effect almost immediately. Especially with Debbie whom I've been told still sits in her cell and cries her eyes out.

***** ***** *****

Before I end this there's something I guess I should divulge to the reader but no one else.

You see, on the night that Sandra Hamilton was murdered, she and I met at a hotel near my place of employment. Debbie was not with us and in fact we never told her.

Sandra and I were with each other from roughly 8 pm to 10 pm and then we went our separate ways. I went home and as I did I made up the story I would tell Debbie, and Sandra went to the apartment where she lived. It was the last time I would ever see her alive.

When I arrived home I found the house empty but before I could wonder where Debbie was she came in having driven up the driveway right after I did.

"Where were you?" Debbie asked as she walked through the door. I stammered out my rehearsed response and didn't even think about asking Debbie where she had been. I instead just focused on what I had to say.

After hearing my answer which had something to do with being part of some college committee, Debbie gave me a glare that stopped me dead in my tracks. A glare and then she looked away and acted like nothing was out of the ordinary.

I've never told anyone any of this. Not even Mark Gregory. I keep this a secret and I haven't even talked to Debbie about it.

I don't know what it all means and even if I did I'd probably block it out of my mind.

Every day I hope that this will be the day my wife and I get out of prison, but as every day passes I lose a little more hope. I lose a little more hope in the way things are suppose to be but never are.

As I write this it is raining outside and I wish I could walk out of my cell and go outside and just stand in the rain and hold my face up to the sky and let the rain drench me.

I know it's silly, but these are the kind of things you think about. The kind of things that go through your mind when you got nothing else to do. When you got nothing else to live for.

THE END

12