The Taking of Lena Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lena flushed in embarrassment and had to look away from him, for the utter truth in his words frightened her, despite how presumptuous they were. They hadn't had much time to talk about what had happened...how did he know her thoughts?

"So I'm trapped," Lena said solemnly. She heard Renz laugh, and she felt her indignation begin to rise.

"Not at all, Lena. Do you want my advice?" Renz asked. Lena took multiple deep breaths to calm her growing fuming, and she nodded quickly.

"As far as Marie and Sterling are aware, you are an engaged woman. Allow your fake fiancé to finance Sterling Manor. I will ensure that Jonathan receives the best care possible, and that Sterling Manor returns to its...former glory," Renz suggested.

Lena's eyes widened and she gazed at Renz in shock.

"You...would ensure Master Sterling's care?" Lena asked in surprise. Renz's face became serious again, and he stared at her forcefully. Lena bit her lip and slightly clenched her fist and another more carnal part of her that reacted to his dominance.

"Make no mistake Lena...Jonathan's health is of no direct consequence to me, nor is this house. My support of Sterling Manor is predicated on your happiness only," Renz said.

His words were serious and direct with little emotion, as if he were discussing any other form of business transaction.

But in spite of that, Lena felt overwhelmed with fondness for him.

"You've already arranged...haven't you? Is that why you spoke to Master Sterling alone?" Lena asked. A flicker of what appeared to be embarrassment appeared on his face for a brief moment before he looked away from her and finished his glass of wine.

He said no other words as he continued eating, and Lena knew he would not verbally confirm or deny what she suspected. Lena returned to her plate, nauseous feeling suddenly gone. As frustrated as she was by his dominance, his aggressive assertion into her life...she was grateful as well.

******

"You'll visit again after the wedding, surely?" Marie asked.

It took Lena a moment to remember her fabrication, and she smiled at Marie nervously.

"Of course. And I promise to write...as long at it is welcome," Lena replied.

Marie hugged her for what felt like the thousandth time, and Lena tried to memorize precisely how it felt.

"Your next visit will be much more comfortable once young Master Adam and his wife return, I promise. And with the support of your generous fiancé...we will be just fine here, Lena. You needn't worry about us," Marie said.

Lena closed her eyes and tried to memorize the sound of Marie's voice. She wanted to keep it with her as she returned to Schloss Wolfenbarger. She wanted to be certain that this memory replaced the old one she had of Marie.

"Give my love to Sterling...when...you know," Lena said. She could feel Marie's hand tenderly stroke her back, and Lena slightly rested against Marie's shoulder, enjoying the comfort.

"Safest travels, Lena. Stay...stay like this," Marie said, releasing Lena from the embrace. She placed her hand on Lena's cheek, and Lena nodded slowly.

They shared a prolonged look, and it was Marie who was the first to move. Lena watched her as she smiled one last time, and then turned back into the manor.

Lena stood still for several moments, feeling as if she were on the verge of crying. But before she was overcome with sadness, Lena began walking towards the coach, where Renz was waiting for her inside.

******

"You can still change your mind if you'd like. The train is still a ways away," Renz said. The coach had picked up speed, and Lena slightly bounced where she sat.

Lena looked up at him and shook her head, somewhat comforted by the answering smile on Renz's face.

"You are a very generous fake fiancé," Lena said. Renz grinned devilishly at her, and Lena's heart began pounding in excitement and adoration.

"I'm certain you'll repay me with equal generosity once we return home," Renz said.

Lena felt a pleasurable tingle at the word "home". While she wasn't certain if that was quite the term she'd use, the idea of returning to Schloss Wolfenbarger felt like more of a homecoming than returning to Sterling Manor.

But the rest of his words sunk in, and Lena blushed in embarrassment. Just how large of a price would she have to pay for Renz's generosity?

"I...I haven't any money, sir. Everything I earned in München..." Lena trailed off in embarrassment. She shook her head frantically, not wanting to revisit the awful place.

"I don't mean money, Lena. I'm hosting an important gathering on Saturday. And while I am well aware that you will say no if I propose today...I would like it very much if you would agree to accompany me...as mine," Renz said.

Lena felt her entire body shiver as Renz spoke. For even though he was offering a simple request, the assertion in his voice felt like a seductive command.

"What is the occasion?" Lena asked curiously.

"Just an opportunity to solidify my business and political relationships in a...pleasant, social setting. Investments and acquisitions have a tendency to be much more profitable when born out of copious amounts of celebratory alcohol," Renz answered.

Lena considered this for several moments, momentarily forgetting about Renz's request of her. She realized then that there was really a great deal about Renz's life that she didn't know about, and to her surprise, she was more curious than ever.

But even more surprising was her desire to not only learn more about his life...but to become a part of it.

"So...it's just a business...party?" Lena asked. Renz looked down at the floor of the coach and slightly smiled, and the teasing gaze in his eyes once he looked at her again made her heart flutter.

"You can say that, yes. But...it also happens to be my birthday," Renz replied.

******

Lena paced nervously in her suite as she waited for Helga Eichmann to arrive. Everything about the Wolfenbarger Party intimidated her, from the guest list of several hundred names of the most powerful people in the German empire to the ever-increasing precarious towers of crystal champagne glasses.

Ever since their return to Schloss Wolfenbarger, the estate had been frantically busy as servants prepared for the party. There didn't seem to be a single quiet space in the expansive castle, for there were servants absolutely everywhere, always cleaning, decorating, or preparing something. The marble floors and chandeliers had been polished so strongly that they gleamed as if on fire, and it seemed that the already elaborate décor of the estate was amplified by the presence of new lights, exotic flowers, and vibrant paintings.

Food and bottles were imported into the kitchens by large crates, and Lena felt like she needed to hide to stay out of everyone's way. Even Renz seemed to be somewhat on edge as he finalized the remaining preparations, and she wondered if he would have been less stressed if he'd had more time to prepare, and hadn't taken her to Sterling Manor.

Lena shook away the thought as she continued pacing, and when she finally heard the knock on the suite door, she jumped and ran towards it nervously.

To her surprise, and slight disappointment, it was only Karl.

But her disappointment faded when she noticed how...dapper he looked. He'd smoothed his hair and was wearing a tuxedo with white tie, and Lena thought he looked very confident and handsome.

But he had a slight twitch in his face,

"I thought I might examine you briefly, since you've been gone. Might I come in?" Karl asked. Lena nodded and quickly hurried him inside.

"I thought you said my lungs are healed?" Lena asked, taking her usual seat on the lounge.

Karl moved behind her, and Lena slightly jumped at the feeling of the cold stethoscope. She inhaled and exhaled as she'd been instructed, relieved that not a single cough escaped her lips.

"You'll need to be monitored periodically for a bit longer. But yes, you've healed quite nicely. How are you feeling?" Karl asked.

"Better, thanks to you. My cough is gone," Lena replied. Karl frowned as he observed her through spectacles, taking notes on a long ledger titled "Lena".

"Has the pain in your rib gotten worse? Did you get sick at all while traveling? Is there anything wrong?" Karl asked.

His voice had a slight tremble to it, and his twitch was evident in his hands. Lena frowned in concern—Karl had never before appeared so unsure of himself.

"Is something wrong, Karl?" Lena asked eventually.

Karl firmly shook his head, but then, his face began turning red.

"Karl...what is it? Isn't this supposed to be a happy occasion?" Lena asked in concern.

Lena reached out to place her hand on his shoulder, but to her surprise, Karl flinched away, almost as if he were terrified.

"There's...there's someone arriving tonight that I am a bit nervous about. That's all," he said.

Lena tried to stay still as Karl suddenly stood up and began pacing much like she had been just a few minutes prior.

"Who is it, Karl?" Lena asked. Her question made Karl pause momentarily, and he released a high, nervous laugh.

"Her name is Ava...she's the wife...former wife...of Renz's brother," Karl answered quickly.

Lena studied Karl, and she smiled fondly when she realized that Karl's nervousness appeared to be entirely the result of infatuation.

"When is the last time you've seen her?" Lena asked.

Karl sat down in front of her, and his knees were bouncing rapidly.

"Years ago...she certainly doesn't remember me, a woman like that wouldn't, and she really shouldn't be traveling at all in her condition, but I suppose given the recent death of her husband it was only natural for her to—"

"Karl, you're making me nervous," Lena interjected playfully. Karl appeared bashful, and he lowered his head and nodded quickly.

"She's...quite lovely," Karl finished.

Lena watched Karl in slight humor, and it made her forget about her own strained nerves. Karl had always been perfectly composed around her, and she found herself very fond of this part of him as well.

"You are a good doctor. And a good friend," Lena said softly. Karl momentarily stopped twitching and smiled at her, but then he quickly cleared his throat and stood.

"I'll relay the good news of your health to Renz," Karl said, preparing to exit. Although he still appeared nervous, the confident, intellectual doctor had certainly returned.

"Will you...can you ask him to come here? If he isn't too preoccupied, that is," Lena quickly qualified. It was her turn to appear nervous, and Karl gave her a comforting smile of support.

"Of course, Lena," he replied.

Almost immediately after Karl left, the doors to her suite opened again, and to her relief, Helga Eichmann and her three assistants had arrived.

"Fräulein Lena...you wear my dressing gowns quite well," Helga said. Lena smiled demurely and slightly bowed as Helga made her graceful entrance.

Helga was formally and stylishly dressed in midnight blue with a seemingly endless strand of black pearls around her neck. Her blonde hair was piled high on her head, and she's darkened her eyelids with charcoal.

Lena thought she looked enchantingly elegant.

"Thank you so much...for coming to dress me," Lena said. Helga arched a perfectly shaped eyebrow and gave her a quizzical smile.

"I only have a few hours to get you ready, so this will probably be painful. Hold your tears until after your rouge has been removed later tonight," Helga said.

Lena gulped in fear as the three young assistants approached her, and she squealed out loud when her clothing was instantly removed, and she was left to shiver, nude, in the suite.

******

Lena tentatively looked in the mirror once she was alone in her suite. She'd been too afraid to look at herself while Helga and her assistants were inside, nervous of what she'd look like. Due to her still healing rib, Renz had apparently ordered Helga to refrain from all use of corsetry on Lena's body. Lena was worried how Helga's beautiful fabrics would fit without her necessary undergarments, but Helga had found a way to compensate for the lack of waist restriction...by using as little fabric on the actual gown

as possible.

Lena had selected a deep red gown of the finest silk she had ever felt. It clung to her body tightly, wrapping her like a ribbon, and with every movement, Lena was hyperaware of the sensual feel of the delicate fabric against her bare skin.

The bodice was heart shaped, leaving her shoulders and most of her chest exposed. Lena knew she'd have to be very careful not to move too quickly or lean over, for her breasts were a mere whisper from completely escaping her gown.

She nervously looked at her face, and for a split moment, was unable to recognize herself. Helga had powdered her skin, and applied rouge to her lips and cheeks, and charcoal to her eyelids. Her hair was piled high, but several curls fell in generously over her bare shoulder.

Lena didn't recognize the woman that stood before her, in a gown more fitting of a wealthy seductress. She took a few steps and turned again, warily feeling as if she were observing a stranger mimic her movements.

But then she slightly tripped in her heeled shoes, and Lena recognized herself again with a faint laugh.

Lena heard the suite door slowly open, and she felt every hair on her neck stand on end in awareness. She could barely hear his footsteps, but Lena knew that Renz was approaching her. And she wanted, very strongly, for him to enjoy the way she looked.

Lena took a deep breath and slowly turned on her heel, causing the rich red fabric to pool around her feet in a lovely spiral. She slowly looked up at Renz as she felt his eyes trailing over every visible part of her body, and when their eyes met, Lena felt as if she was being devoured by his hungry gaze.

"Happy birthday, sir," Lena said softly. Renz smiled his slow, seductive smile, and Lena felt overwhelmed and trapped by how devastatingly handsome he was in his formalwear.

"This is...quite an extraordinary gift to behold," Renz purred, finally closing the distance between them. He softly trailed his hand along the bare skin of her back, and Lena felt her knees begin to tremble.

"There's no corset...so Helga put something else underneath," Lena said shyly. Renz slightly winked at her as his feather light touch began to form teasing circles on the skin of her lower back.

"I do hope you intend on showing it to me," Renz said seductively.

He leaned down and gave her a chaste kiss on her cheek, but that touch was enough to cause a rapid surge of arousal to shoot down her abdomen and amplify between her legs.

She was about to pull Renz against her, but to her disappointment, he suddenly stepped away.

"You've removed the ring," Renz mentioned. Lena blushed in sudden embarrassment, and began feeling oddly...guilty.

"I didn't think it would be appropriate...I've placed it here," Lena said, walking towards a small end table.

She produced the ring and handed it to him expectantly. Renz didn't immediately move, but eventually, he lowered and shook his head, and slightly laughed.

"Very well. I'll be returning it to you at the night's end. But perhaps you'll wear something else for me," Renz said.

He opened his jacket pocket, and produced the black velvet box that he'd first presented to her during their last night in Berlin.

Lena's heart pounded in her ears as he slowly opened it, and each facet of the bright yellow diamond caught the light of the room in brilliant, fire-like flickers.

"A bit of royalty for my princess?" Renz said playfully. Lena blushed at the word, and gathered the few loose curls of hair in one hand. Renz removed the necklace from the box and brought it to her throat, fastening it around her gently. Once the necklace was on, he kept his fingers attached to her neck, slowly stroking the sensitive skin with his fingertips.

"Are you ready to be presented on the arm of a Wolfenbarger?" Renz asked. His tone was still playful, but Lena detected a bit of apprehension as well.

Wordlessly, Lena wrapped her arm around his, and Renz kissed her shoulder again.

"Let's not be late for your own party," Lena whispered.

******

Her heart caught in her throat as they stood at the top of the stairs to the Grand Ballroom. There were hundreds of people, all elegantly dressed and powerful looking...Lena thought for certain she would faint in fear.

She noticed that people were staring at her with wide eyes whispering about her, and she leaned close to Renz for support...and also in a vain attempt to hide herself.

"Relax, Lena," Renz whispered, directly in her ear. He gave her hand a firm, comforting squeeze, and Lena tried her hardest to remember to breathe.

She watched Renz take a glass of champagne from a waiting butler, and almost as if it had been choreographed, every glass of champagne in the large ballroom was suddenly raised, extended to Renz.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Schloss Wolfenbarger. I thank you all for joining me in my home to celebrate another prosperous year..."

Lena was transfixed by Renz as he spoke to his guests. The confidence he exuded was so powerful, so seductive, that Lena noticed that she was certainly not the only person heavily influenced by his charisma.

His words were eloquent, his voice strong, and it was only a matter of moments before every last guest was completely under his spell.

Suddenly Renz turned towards her, and Lena gulped in nervousness. He slightly tilted his glass in her direction, and his gaze was slightly mischievous.

"I expect this to be our most prosperous year yet, for I have the extraordinary pleasure of having this...goddess, in my midst. It was Voltaire who said that all the reasonings of men are not worth even one sentiment...of a woman," Renz said. His free hand dropped to her bare lower back, and Lena slightly jumped as he slowly pulled her close against him.

"And as long as I have the sentiments of this woman, the Wolfenbarger industries will continue to flourish," Renz said.

Lena's lower lip began to tremble, and her entire body felt hot from nervousness, embarrassment, but also...deep, powerful flattery. She shared a knowing gaze with Renz for a brief moment, and was thankful when he turned his attention back to his guests, allowing her an opportunity to catch her breath and regain her wits.

"So I propose a toast. To wealth, to pleasure, and of course, to our continued success. Welcome to my home," Renz said confidently.

Lena watched in amazement as thunderous applause echoed throughout the ballroom once Renz took his first sips of champagne. Renz smiled his wolfish grin, and Lena was baffled by his ability to command a room full of hundreds of people with such ease.

"It's a party, Lena...let's have some fun," Renz purred lowly, so that only she could hear.

He glanced at her champagne glass, which she held in trembling hands. But after a deep breath, Lena took the glass between her lips, and emptied it after only a few short seconds of generous gulps.

She felt the rush of alcohol instantly go to her head, and she slightly fluttered her eyelashes to compose herself. Renz was staring at her with what looked like a combination of shock and admiration, and his expression made her giggle out loud.

"Yes. Let's," she said in agreement.

Renz took her hand, and together, they descended the stairs into the ballroom.

******

Lena still felt nervous after her first glass of champagne, but after her second, she was a smiling, happy, carefree guest of the party.

It felt as if she occupied her own private world with Renz, and they navigated the rest of the ballroom together, as one. All of the royals and businessmen he introduced her to seemed like mere satellites to their private world, and she was surprised by how poised and confident she was able to be around them.