The Tales of the Silver Wind Bk. 03

Story Info
Dindingwe.
7.4k words
4.8
7.2k
14

Part 2 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 10/27/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
soul71
soul71
6,743 Followers

Thanks to WAA01 for the edits.

******

Chapter One

A month had passed since the crew of the Silver Wind had saved the poisoned planet of Randor. A month they had been in Candary space. It almost felt like he was home as Sebastian Landis's hands rested against the wall of the waiting room. His head bowed as the events of the past month flooded his mind. Remembering how the crew of the Candary carrier Pantra had sent towed the disabled Silver Wind into space. He knew the ship would never fly again as it was. Too many of the parts, electrical conduits, thrusters, the main engine were too damaged to be repaired. Remembering the look in the crews eyes when he told them that it was beyond his skill to bring back the Silver Wind to its former state. He knew how that ship was like a home to them. Remembering all the run-ins with the law, the catches they fled from as other pirates thought to loot their bounty. The laughs that were stored in those metal bones that made up the ship. However, he had a plan, a plan to ensure that the Silver Wind would fly again. Nonetheless, a plan that would require great risk to them given what awaited in that graveyard. The Candary could supply him with another dark matter drive easily, but he was thinking of something a little bit better than ten times light speed. Plus, if he could pull it off, then Elizabeth and her people could have a real Venus Oculari battleship to protect that asteroid they called home and all the parts he would need to bring the Silver Wind back to life. That was his hope anyway, what the unknown factor was, was if the androids that were still operational aboard those derelicts were at full power or were their internal power sources running low. Something Sebastian was betting on, at full power... his hand ran across his bare chest knowing exactly what they could do at full power.

As skilled as his crewmates were, they didn't have the reflexes needed to go head to head with them, except for Akasha. Still though, he wasn't about to leave his shipmates out of this adventure. He knew if they knew this was to restore the Silver Wind then they wouldn't just sit by while he was lightyears away. He had to contact Elizabeth and see if she could, and or would, loan him twenty of her men. Then he had to train them to fight the androids since none of them knew how vicious they could be. Recounting the time Pantra had sent a gift for Akasha with the carrier on the way to her home world. How it warmed his old warrior's heart when the ship's captian presented her with Pantra's tribe's sha'kr. He knew Akasha was forlorn when she unclasped her former one yet knew as she attached the new one to her ear that she was no longer an outcast. She knew she could go home now. Could speak with her people openly without fear of death. However, upon landing on Dindingwe all but her mother and siblings showed up to greet Akasha. Sebastian speculated that was her grandmother's doing and not because of anything else. Dartiana had promised her people and her students a month-long event of games to welcome his return to their territories. They were now at the end of that month-long celebration. Feeling the vibrations of thousands upon thousands of feet stomping. Chanting his name, demanding to see the champion of a thousand matches, demanding blood! For this fight wasn't like the others, this was to the death. Sebastian wasn't opposed to death matches. He's fought in many before he left Candary space.

"Löwe it's time," Akasha said, from behind him. Her violet eyes ran over his bare back, noting the scars that marred it from his long history of fighting not just for them but also for his own people before their fall. "Grandmother and the others are waiting for you," she said, while it wasn't common, but Perämies were allowed a few moments with each other before such matches. Akasha had no doubts that her mate would come out victorious like he has done in so many of his battles; and now with his new nanites she knew Sebastian was like a new man. "My Perämies shouldn't go into that match unarmed," Akasha said, holding the gloves Pantra had made for him in her hands. Her cat-like nose wiggled at the sandalwood scent that drifted off his skin as Sebastian turned towards her.

"So, tell me how much is Nathan betting against me?" Sebastian asked, with a sly smirk taking the gloves from her.

"He isn't," Akasha said, her cheeks heating as she stepped closer to him. Her tail wrapped around his right leg as her hands ran up his sculpted chest. "Nathan put two hundred on you to win," she said, her ears twitched. Her new sha'kr jiggled, the yellow topazes, the blue star sapphires glinted in the light displaying her new rank among her people and who she was mated to.

"I see, then I can't disappoint him, can I?"

Her violet eyes glimmered in her love for her mate as his arms wrapped around her waist. Her fingers weaved through his hair as their lips neared. Glad of the events that brought the two together. Glad that she was the one that won his heart. Glad that she gave the greatest warrior they have ever seen her innocence. So very pleased that Sebastian found her as a worthy mate. She didn't know what she would have done if he never had joined the crew of the Silver Wind. Pressing her forehead against his, praying that he fought well, that he brought honor to her new family, and that his opponent was too slow to best her mate.

"Now you go, fight, make our people remember why you are called Löwe: Champion of the ring," Akasha said, her palms lightly patting his chest before backing away. "You're Ituma shall be watching as well, make us proud," she said, slightly bowing as the doors to the ring swung open.

The roar of the crowd was deafening as Sebastian stepped out on to the metal retractable walkway. On Candary worlds the ring was a pillar of stone standing twenty to forty feet high depending on which world you were on. An equal distance separated the ring from the stand so no one could leap to safety once you stepped onto that cold hard stone. However, should one fall, be pushed off, or just too cowardly to continue the fight jagged razor spikes lined the bottom easily dispatching any who felt their deadly touch. There was no technology embedded in the stone like the red forcefield that encircled the ring upon Pantra's ship. As Sebastian Landis looked across the distance to his opponent he knew only one of them was going to walk off that blood-soaked ring. He wasn't about to fall, not now, not when he had beaten one gruesome death just to meet another.

"It's my great honor on this last night as host of these games that I, Dartiana, daughter of Sactor, warrior of the Nithina tribe and grandmother of Akasha of the Tailian. Present to you these two great, brave warriors!" Dartiana shouted, her arms outstretched, directing the crowd's attention to Sebastian and the warrior that had brought forth the challenge. The crowd roared with a vengeance! "We all know his family is proud of his courage!" she said, her voice thundered through the stadium after she had listed off the feats he had earned in his life. Her brown, streaked with gray, fur lined face peered out around listening to how her tribe beat their hands on their thighs announcing of their approval. "Without further ado I present to you people of the Nithina tribe. The man of a thousand victories: he is known as the Demon of Halkor III, Savior of the Nithina tribe, Defender of the throne, Löwe: champion of the ring, and blood-brother to the Queen of the Candary, and lastly we learned of the most amazing news... let us give reverence to the Master of the Crane!" Dartiana said, directing their view to Sebastian as she bowed to him. An audible 'Master' echoed through the stadium as everyone including his opponent bowed to him.

"You honor me Löwe for allowing one so unworthy to face you in mortal combat," Volang said, holding his bow to Sebastian.

"You bring honor to the Stjrid and your family," Sebastian said, returning the bow.

"Let this match begin!" Dartiana yelled over the sound of the gong.

Akasha watched as Sebastian took up a pose she knew all too well. It was after all the very first stance in the Crane art form that Sebastian had taught her. Her eyes flickered over to his opponent. Noting while his snake form had been honed since he was a child, there still was work to do on it. No matter if he was from a different family the snake stance changed very little between families. A cruel smirk rose the corner of her lips knowing he was no match for her Sebastian. She couldn't fault the boy; he did show courage in facing her Perämies. However, he was facing the Löwe-her Löwe and she knew Sebastian wasn't about to fall. She wouldn't allow it. Her nose wiggled as first blood was drawn as Sebastian slashed Volang's chest open. Watching how his blood splattered the stone as he jumped backwards out of Sebastian's reach. Peering up at her grandmother, watching how she had the same look as she did at the sight. It was always a sight in watching Sebastian fight. Her eyes flickered to the left as her father and mother along with her siblings sat next to Dartiana. Her tail gave her father a little wave as he glanced at her. Her mother... just turned her nose up at her, which was fine to her. She no longer needed her mother's approval. Her head snapped back to the fight when the crowd gasped.

Blood was dripping from Sebastian's elbows. Her violet eyes watched as his nanites rapidly sealed the deep wounds on his upper arms. Her heart fluttered as she noted the smile on Sebastian's lips. Her raven hair twirled around her index finger, feeling her cheeks heat casting her alabaster skin in a light pink hue. "There's my hunter," Akasha purred as she noted the look of a predator. Her jaw dropped; her body stilled as his opponent suddenly dropped dead. She had heard of it in tales around the campfires of her youth. When the elders whispered how the people of the Vinatory would fly across the land when the masters defended their people. Trying to remember seeing him deliver the killing blow, her eyes darted to and fro on just when did he do it, that took even the prey by surprise - The Ghost Walker - or that was what her clan had called the move. Akasha knew Sebastian was showing this to her for a reason. The sound of hands striking their chest, the bow of their heads sent a wave around the arena as they payed respect to an honorable fight.

Looking down as the walkway began to extend to bridge the gap. Her voice joining the others as they sang Tähtien kyyneleet(Tears of the Stars), as the honor guard lifted the fallen warrior onto the stretcher. The last syllable faded as the ornate door that led to the contenders waiting room closed.

"There you have it! Löwe! The champion of the ring once again proves that he is truly the master of that ring. Let us retire and celebrate this final night," Dartiana said, raising her glass to Sebastian. Her eyes gesturing to the left suggesting that they needed to meet - secretly. Seeing him nod in understanding, Dartiana's eyes flickered to the right as she saw her granddaughter walking out to greet her mate.

"Were you watching my opiskeloja?" Sebastian asked, waving to the crowd feeling Akasha at his back.

"Yes Sebastian," Akasha answered her eyes running down his back.

"Yet did you really see?" Sebastian inquired, with a knowing smirk as he peered over his left shoulder at Akasha. "I have to go," he whispered, "I'll tell everyone when I get back."

"I smell a plan, there better be treasure in it," Akasha said, while she loved her return home and to be back among her people, yet her place was on the Silver Wind, or whichever ship will take its place.

"Tell them if they want to help bring the Silver Wind back to life..." Sebastian smiled mischievously at how Akasha's eyes lustered at the thought of restoring the one place that was her home. "But... it will be very dangerous, the androids my people made are as good, if not better, than I am. I understand if you wish to sit this one out."

"I'm going, but I agree, they might be better sitting this out, but I'll inform them; and let them make that choice," Akasha said, with a stout nod. Feeling her tail sway excitedly at the thought of the hunt to come. "You come back now Löwe."

"Always," Sebastian's voice drifted along the air as he walked towards the contenders side of the arena, "rakas vaimo(dear wife.)" Akasha's face burned red hot, her cat-like ears twitched, her nose wiggled in surprise. Her purr filled the air as his words settled in her heart. Spinning on her heel, her hips swayed, knowing those eyes of his, he would have found some way to see her. Her claws extended tasting the prey on her lips as she went to inform her crew mates.

******

"You wanted to see me Captian... forgive me, Sebastian?" Elizbeth asked, as Dartiana closed the door to the secret room that she's come to know intimately. The sound of the porcelain cup sliding along its saucer resounding in the room as she sat down her tea cup. Rising from the elegant, floral carving rococo style chair the Candarians were kind enough to fabricate for her. For that she was grateful to Pantra and her people, shaking Sebastian's hand and gesturing to the chair.

"I'm wondering if you have twenty soldiers that you can call up for a mission I'm planning," Sebastian said, nodding with a smile as he took the seat across from Elizbeth.

"Oh?!" Elizbeth cooed sitting straighter in her chair. Ever since they had parted ways, she has been grooming a few of her people to be commandos for her people. Amsher was elated when Elizbeth informed her that she would be leading the group that she was hand picking. She liked Amsher's enthusiasm at the thought of making her people proud. While they couldn't bring back the Imperialist, they could augment those few to be superior to the rest of their people; and she had hoped she could talk Sebastian into imparting some of the techniques they used during his training on their fallen home world. "Please enlighten me Sebastian, why do you need twenty of us?"

"Oh, you know killing androids, stealing and refurbishing derelicts, salvaging our peoples tech, that sort of thing," Sebastian said, with a coy smirk as he popped a dark cherry into his mouth. He knew the tech alone would pique her interest.

"That's..." Elizbeth felt the wind being knocked out of her at the mention of androids.

"I know, it's not without its undo risk, Elizbeth. Yet I was planning on training them a few weeks before we start off on this grave robbing adventure."

"Were you now?" Elizbeth inquired, arching her right eyebrow. "Would you like some tea?" she asked, gesturing to the still warm pot that sat to her left. While it was a tad spicy for her liking compared to the replicator's back at her asteroid home. Still, fresh tea was heaven compared to it, she was just glad Candarians loved their honey as well as their tea.

"I won't say no to a cup," Sebastian nodded. Knowing that Elizbeth was probably trying to form a plan and figure out what he was after.

"Say that I do go along with this," her green eyes studied his as the amber liquid flowed into the waiting cup, "what exactly are the rewards for my people if I agree to this dangerous adventure?" Elizbeth asked, setting down the tea pot onto its stand. "I don't know how you take your tea; I just can't get used to Candary spices, no offense Dartiana," she said, looking at her hostess.

"None taken, it took my vanha ystävä(old friend), Löwe here, decades to stand our spices in our tea. But I keep these on hand should my friend pay me a visit," Dartiana said, politely.

"Honey. This new version oddly likes the honey better, odd, isn't it?" Sebastian asked, with a warm smile as he looked at Elizbeth knowing she would get the joke.

"I always wondered about that myself," Elizbeth softly chuckled, "so, as to these rewards that are worth twenty lives?"

"A battleship," Sebastian said, a mischievous light played along his eyes at how Elizbeth's mouth hung open. "A semi-operational battleship for you, one for parts for the... 'project', and a frigate for parts for the Silver Wind's rebuild. Will that be worth the price of the risk?"

"A... b-battleship?!" Elizbeth's voice stammered. "How?"

"Oh... let's say I know a place, that's not on any map, our maps," Sebastian said, looking right at Elizbeth. "What remains of a fleet battle that never even existed. But... there are androids," he said, his tone turning serious. "You know how good they are," looking at Elizbeth who nodded in turn, "so we're talking a battleship made in the height of the Empire. Salvage replacements for the shield generators and spares. Then we can bring in a mini-station while salvaging what tech there is to be saved. Thirty should do it don't you think?" Sebastian asked, knowingly.

"Was I that..."

"It's what I would do, then you can focus you're two ships on offense," Sebastian said, his old instincts showing. "Should the need arise," he quickly added.

"Hmm... I have to agree a battleship is worth the risk," Elizbeth mumbled after a few moments of silence, her fingernails tapped lightly on the surface of the desk. "And you'll train them, so my people won't take undo losses?" she asked, her left index finger ran lightly along the rim of her tea cup. Thinking of just what they could do with all the tech they were likely to find there.

"Yes, the best that I can given the time restraints," Sebastian nodded, knowing that graveyard wouldn't stay hidden forever. Soon, who knew when, the vultures would come swooping down on those old ships, and who knew the cost they would incur when they came upon the androids. That was all they needed was for one of those mechanical drones to escape the ships they had been stuck on since the fall of his Empire. Sebastian couldn't allow those androids to escape their floating prisons. He knew if they weren't stopped they would terrorize many sectors if they were allowed to roam space.

"I'll see that they are here by the end of the week," Elizbeth said, pouring herself another cup. "Now, how exactly will you be traveling there?" "I've loaned Löwe, one of my tribe's Corsairs, for this mission," Dartiana said, placing a hand on Sebastian's shoulder. Her formal robe, that was always worn during such events, swayed as she stood beside her old friend. "Since we, Candaries, I mean can't be seen outside of our space without incurring the ire of those that rule that region of space."

"Then this will be strictly our operation?" Elizbeth asked, arching an eyebrow knowing they wouldn't pass up this chance without something in it for them.

"Yes, however, my Queen requests all the data you gather on the androids in exchange for our forfeiting our rights to our half of the salvage from that place," Dartiana said, pleased that she could be of some use to Pantra and her old friend.

"Tell Queen Pantra, she'll have everything we have before the fall, and once we have arrived at this site, and run our scans on the one's we dispatch will be sent back while we reclaim my people's technology," Elizbeth said, knowing what they were giving up.

"That would be greatly appreciated," Dartiana said, with a curt nod.

"Then I must contact my people," Elizbeth said, rising from her seat. The council would want to hear about this, and she needed to contact the patrolling Candary frigate to dock with the star port in the asteroid and ferry her men to Dindingwe. "If you'll excuse me?" she said, bowing her head to them at their combined nods.

"Now that we are alone Löwe," Dartiana said softly, walking around the table to take Elizbeth's chair for herself. "Have you given thought as to how you're going to crew that new ship of yours?" she asked, with a coy smile.

soul71
soul71
6,743 Followers