The Tales of the Silver Wind Bk. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well..." Drawing out the word as he scratched underneath his chin, "I was hoping my second-in-command would do that for me," Sebastian said, shooting Dartiana a smirk.

"Quite a task for a youngster, so whom were you thinking of?" Dartiana inquired, longing to be back on the battlefield. Nonetheless, her days of marching off to do battle were long over, no thanks to the wound she had taken to her knee. Still, her mind couldn't let go of the joy she felt when she was face to face with her foes.

"You actually," Sebastian said, taking his friend by surprise.

"Me?!" Dartiana stammered.

"That's right," Sebastian nodded with a smirk.

"Löwe while I'm honored that you would think of me for such a grand assignment, yet wouldn't a younger, stronger Candary do better than a crippled old woman?"

"Dartiana, you might not be able to run across the battlefield like years ago, you still have that keen mind of yours. Plus, standing on the bridge of a ship doesn't require any of that; and I know you would follow my instructions. Also, you have more battle experience than most people I would have access to," Sebastian said, enjoying the last bit of his tea. "So, what do you say?"

"Are you sure Löwe?" Dartiana asked, her fur lined cheek twitched at the thought of fighting beside her old friend.

"I wouldn't have asked, if I wasn't," Sebastian said, plainly.

"Then I, Dartiana, daughter of Sactor, humbly accept the position as your right hand Löwe," rising from her seat, placing her arm along her chest as she saluted Sebastian, "I'll see that that ship is crewed with only the best."

"I have no doubt," Sebastian said, smiling warmly at Dartiana as he rose. "Code: Ravenwind will get you into the hanger. If anyone gives you trouble, tell them you are the ship's XO, and under orders to keep me updated," he said, shooting Dartiana a smirk as he neared the door.

"Of course, Löwe," Dartiana said, the glint of her eagerness for battle flashed along her gold-brown eyes.

******

Akasha's violet eyes moved around the room. Keeping her sneer to herself as Adriana was snuggled up to Nathan whose arm was wrapped around her waist. Quickly looking away, she still hadn't accepted their relationship. Nevertheless, she had seen a change in Nathan since arriving on her home world. Something that he would stick with and not break her friend's heart.

"Akasha?!" Lulu said, rising from her seat. Her auburn hair bounced against her chest as she bridged the gap between the two. "Where's Sebastian?" she asked, her ruby eyes glanced towards the door as they hugged. Ever since the Silver Wind gave her life to save the people of Randor, Lulu had been adrift wondering what she was going to do now that her ship was now a part of the scrap heap. While she loved the time she, Akasha, and Sebastian had spent on Dindingwe. Exploring a world that very few outsiders would ever get the chance to experience. Seeing the lush green valleys, Akasha had taken her to to show her where she had spent most of her childhood as their speeder raced across the land. To the site where Sebastian had earned the title of Savior of the Nithina tribe, where Sebastian lead a company of Candary against the raiders of their rival tribe, laying waste to those that thought to step onto soil that didn't belong to them.

"He will join us shortly," Akasha said sweetly, her hand ran down Lulu's right arm as she broke their hug. Her eyes flickered over to the left as she noted how Amanda and Gill were silently whispering to each other. Hoping that what Sebastian had mentioned to her would keep her little family together. Yet she knew Amanda and Gill longed to be back in space, where they both had spent most of their lives traveling. Nathan only stayed until his money ran out then he would find a ship to serve on unless they could find a replacement for the Silver Wind. Akasha knew none of them were used to being stuck in one place for too long. She had thought the month they had been there would have seen them all seeking their own berths on different ships, be it pirate or civilian. Still, she knew if nothing happened soon her family would scatter, and Akasha didn't want that, ever!

"Come," Lulu reached down taking hold of Akasha's hand, "come tell us of how the games went," she said, eager to take her mind off of her old ship.

"And the man just dropped dead?" Nathan asked, in flabbergasted shock as Akasha recounted the bout.

"Yes," Akasha nodded not hiding her wicked smile. "I don't know what Sebastian calls that move, yet we - those of us not a part of the Crane users - call it Ghost Walker given the opponent is literally among the walking dead."

"Oh my," Amanda gasped. While she had enjoyed her time with Sebastian, greatly she might add, however, she wasn't about to be another woman in his harem. No. She needed to find her own partner just like how Akasha found one in Sebastian. As she sat on the middle couch as Akasha and Lulu sat on the left of her, and Adriana and Nathan sat off to her right as they formed an oddly shaped horseshoe. Her brown eyes glanced over at Gill, she knew he had a crush on her, and to her surprise, she enjoyed his company. She had been foolish in waiting for so long to see Gill as something other than a patient. She did hope that Gill could out place her need to visit Sebastian.

"So where is Sebastian now?" Adriana asked, looking over at Akasha.

"I don't know," Akasha said truthfully, shrugging her shoulders. "But he did give me something to tell all of you," she said, taking in a low breath. Her hands curling into fist as her hands rested in her lap. Hoping that Sebastian could really bring about the Silver Wind's resurrection.

"Oh? What did the old man say?" Nathan asked, his fingertips lightly danced up Adriana's side.

"That he's planning on bringing the Silver Wind back to life, yet it's going to be very dangerous," Akasha said, looking around the room at their combined gasp. "We'll be going against those same androids we meet when we took that shield generator from that ship," seeing their nods as she continued, "so if you don't wish to come, we'll understand. As Sebastian has said they're as good, if not better, than he is," Akasha said, allowing the situation to settle on their shoulders.

"Oh, I'm going. I'm not letting Sebastian have all the fun getting my ship back up and running," Lulu said, with determination as she quickly rose. "Okay, we might not be as good as Sebastian is, or ever will be," she muttered as she paced the floor. Trying to come up with a plan that would serve them and keep her crew safe. "Then we, as his crew, will provide back up to him and guard the..." Her head snapped to the left as the doors to their common room rolled open.

"I take it Akasha has told you all the plan?" Sebastian asked, with a coy smirk as he rested against the doorframe.

"Sebastian, my ship, will she be like before?"

"On the outside no," noticing the looks on their faces, "on the inside yes, it will look like the Silver Wind of old, with just some extra room," Sebastian said, with a warm smile as he stepped into the room.

"What do you mean on the outside?" Adriana asked, scooting to the edge of the couch.

"Well," rubbing the back of his head as Akasha patted the seat beside her, "as we speak the Silver Wind is being taken down to its bones," Sebastian said, seeing the sadness in his crew mates eyes. "Given how most of the instruments were either burnt out or fused together, it's the only way the Silver Wind will fly again." His eyes looked up as Lulu drew his gaze.

"Then tell me Sebastian how exactly are you going to repair the Silver Wind?" Lulu asked, crossing her arms below her voluptuous breasts. Wishing they were alone and in the room she shared with Sebastian and Akasha. All so that she could bury his face in her bosom.

"Oh... you ever dream about flying a ship made out of Venus Oculari tech?" Sebastian said, with a smirk.

"What?!" Adriana shouted. Only to have Nathan pull her back down to her seat.

Lulu just stood there flabbergasted at what Sebastian had just said. Shaking her head thinking Sebastian was joking with her. She knew if she commanded a ship like that. No one in the Orion quadrant would be a match for a ship like that. "Come now Sebastian, it's not nice to tease a woman so," Lulu pouted plumping out her lower lip.

"Oh, I'm not teasing Lulu," Sebastian said, plainly. "I do plan on the Silver Wind's rebuild to be mostly out of my people's tech."

Lulu felt her knees give out, if it wasn't for Sebastian's quick reflexes she would be on the floor and not being held in his strong arms. Her ruby eyes quivered as she gazed up at him. Pressing her body tighter against his, the palms of her hands resting on his pectoral muscles. "How Sebastian, how can you promise such a thing?" Lulu whispered.

"Because the Silver Wind is needed, and she will need her Captian," Sebastian said softly, his hand gently running down her back.

"Then old man," Nathan said, scooting forward. Smiling at his friend, "I think it's time you walk us through this plan of yours, because I'm not going to die just yet," he said, his eyes glanced over at Adriana seeing her cheeks blush.

"Okay, here's how it's going to go," Sebastian said, clapping his hands together, giving them a quick rub as he walked towards the table that sat in the middle of the three couches.

Chapter Two

Sebastian Landis looked upon the twenty soldiers that Elizbeth had hand-picked for his daring gambit. The hot wind of Dindingwe blew across the training grounds behind Dartiana's family dojo. Feeling Akasha's eyes on his back as she and the others stood behind him. His hand rested on the grip of his model X-17 plasma pistol. His fingers drummed along the pistol grip, to his heightened hearing the beeping of the built-in DNA reader coming on and off as the tips of his fingers produced a melody from his past.

His green eyes ran over their polished black armor, their helmets were tucked under their arms as they stood at attention. Their eyes were proud, their chests puffed out, eager to be inspected by one of the surviving members of the Imperialist. Breathing in deeply as Sebastian stepped forward, taking him back to a time when he had addressed his own men many, many years ago. He said nothing as he walked casually in front of the first row, eyeing their armor. "If you off-center the thigh armor to the knee," displaying how to move it, "you won't de-kneecap yourself when you land from a jump," Sebastian said, his old military experience coming to the surface. Noting how the others were glancing down at their own armor.

"Sebastian?" Elizbeth asked, as she stood behind him.

"Hmm?"

"We modeled this armor after the ones your unit used..."

"I know," Sebastian said, peering over his shoulder. "Why my suggestion is important. But this is the mark I series, trust me it only took five injures for them to pull it from production and roll out the mark II."

"I see, and what did the mark II use?"

"Leg thrusters here and here," pointing to the man's thigh and lower leg, "and over lapping armor, the rest was the same up top," Sebastian stated taking the man's helmet from him. "Adriana?"

"What is it Sebastian?" Adriana called out yet she couldn't help how her eyes glanced down at the helmet in his hand.

"Did you know the Mk4 Tactical all-purpose helmet has an external tracking calibration device?" Sebastian asked, as he slid the helmet on. "How do I look?" Grinning madly as his crew burst out in laughter at the sight as the light of the sensors rolled in a circle above the visor. Yet all the while his eyes were moving along the HUD making sure it and the armorers software and hardware were ready for the training to come. "Good. This will do," Sebastian said, taking the helmet off and handing it back to the man.

"I think we can make the replacement leg armor by the end of this weak."

"No, no need to waste resources. The armor will do against androids, just in the future you should change over," Sebastian said, slyly noted the whispers. "No need to sugar coat it now, this mission as of this moment is Top Secret," seeing the men and women snapping to attention, "Am I clear?" he barked as he continued on.

"Yes Captian-Major." They answered in unison.

"Good. Now, as to the mission, in three weeks, you twenty will be led by me," Sebastian spoke looking at all twenty men as he stopped in front of Amsher, "Lieutenant was it?" he asked, as he studied how she arranged her armor. "Not your first time in your armor, is it?"

"No sir!" Amsher answered, her heart raced as she noted his approving nod.

"Release your lamas do cóbado," Sebastian ordered not missing how the light in her eyes flared or her smirk as her right elbow blade shot out of the hidden sheath. It was only used during hand to hand combat. He himself has used it numerous times. "You. You're my squad captian."

"Thank you Captian-Major!" Amsher said, saluting Sebastian.

"At ease, solider," Sebastian said, smirking inwardly at her quivering eyes as he spun curtly on his heel to his left. "In three weeks," his voice loudly boomed, "We will journey roughly seventy lightyears from here to bring back three ships. One that me and my crew stumbled upon a month or so back," he said, gesturing to Akasha and the others as they stood behind him. "That I know for certain still has androids onboard. So, your Commander here," waving to Elizbeth, "will verify how deadly they are. For these three weeks I'll be drilling into you some skills that you need as an Imperialist. I don't expect you to be as good as me, you aren't built like me," Sebastian said, looking around the group. Wondering if he was going to have to drop some. "Took twenty years of training and a lot of other things to make one of my brothers. I do, however, expect seventy-five percent or higher on your accuracy. Two to an android, aim for the chest, anything else is a waste, and all the more time for one of them to kill you," he stated walking down the second row. "Your Commander thinks you're the best on that asteroid," looking perplexed at the man's haphazard attempt to don his armor, "Out of my formation," Sebastian said, nodding to the side.

"The enemy we face was good enough to take out my brothers, remember that. But the moment we step onto that ship, we too will be brothers, follow my or Akasha's lead," seeing how she displayed her sha'kr proudly causing the light to play along the gemstones, "and you will survive. Okay, I guess that's the end of my inspiring speech," Sebastian smirked at the chuckle that rumbled through the group, "Lieutenant!"

"Yes Captian," Amsher answered stepping forward.

"Follow Merlak, he will show you to the target range, and wait for me there," Sebastian commanded. "You are coming right?" he asked, shooting his crewmates an amused look.

"Do I get a helmet too?"

"Sorry, sold out," Sebastian replied jokingly.

"It's not nice to tease me," Adriana pouted. Glad that Sebastian wasn't angry with her any more.

"Can't help it, it's just too much fun."

"Sebastian, are we to do everything they do?" Lulu asked, cocking out her hip causing her breasts to bounce. Her light, blue linen pants rustled in the breeze. Her midriff was exposed, her caramel skin held the light hints of her perfume, the thin fabric of her top did little to support her orbs. The outfit wasn't designed for that, it was mainly to keep her and all the others minus Sebastian and Akasha cool on the warm planet of Dindingwe. Although she did hope that Sebastian loved the view.

"No, don't take this the wrong way, but you all are a tad bit..."

"Breakable," Akasha said, cutting in.

"But I do expect the same accuracy as the rest of them," Sebastian said, firmly.

"So, you're saying I finally get to use my pistol?" Lulu asked, with a wicked grin.

"As much as you want," Sebastian said, gesturing them to follow him. "Elizbeth?"

"Yes Sebastian," Elizbeth answered as she walked beside him after she had berated the man that couldn't show up in a dignified fashion.

"I might be cutting a few more, in this mission there can be no mistakes," Sebastian said, with deathly undertones.

"I understand," Elizbeth nodded. "I just hope the rest of them will measure up."

"We shall see," Sebastian said, feeling Akasha's hand slipping into his as they walked towards the target range. It almost felt like it was when he was still a solider for the Venus Oculari Empire. The smell of plasma on the air, the shouts of men, the calls for battle, the heat of lasers burning the air as he and his company ran across crater filled fields. Looking down as Akasha lightly squeezed his hand. He had no idea how she knew when his mind would slip back to those many years of his servitude to his former Empire. Yet when it did, she was there to bring him back to the present.

"I'm your Perämies. You might keep your emotions hidden, very well, I might add. Yet I can see it, I'm here Sebastian. You're my family when you're ready to talk about it I'm here." Akasha had told him the night of the meteor shower. There on that green grassy knoll, as those burning, streaking balls of superheated gas and stone it mirrored the heat of their passionate kiss.

"That sha'kr fits you well," Sebastian spoke in Candarian.

"Thank you, Sebastian. You don't know how you've changed my fate," her cheeks rapidly heated, "I had hoped only to be let back into my tribe. I never thought I'd be welcomed so openly to another," Akasha replied in her native language. Softly brushing her arm against his, to mark his body in her scent.

"Good. I'd hate to have to kaksintaistelu (Duel), my fellow family members," Sebastian said, jokingly. Noticing the smile on her lips and the luster in her violet eyes. Bringing his attention back to the task at hand, seeing Amsher walking down the row of her few soldiers. Feeling Akasha's fingers running along the palm of his hand as he stepped forward once Amsher took notice of him.

"Sir!" Amsher saluted.

"Move them out Lieutenant," Sebastian ordered.

"You heard the Captian-Major!" Amsher barked turning on her heel, leading her men onto the target range.

"Nathan, Adriana I have something different in store for the two of you," Sebastian said, waving for the two of them to follow.

"Okay, what's going on Seb..." Nathan sucked in a hard gasp as the mounted, knee height, plasma cannon came into view.

"This one is on loan from Elizbeth's people, Nathan," Sebastian stated waving for Nathan to take the gunners seat. "This," tapping the embedded touch pad bringing up the gun's interface system, seeing the green glow of the plasma inverter coming on, "is how you power it on," he said, making sure Nathan saw where he pressed given that it was in his people's language. "This one will shoot a solid beam of plasma, but don't use it for more than a minute. One shot equals a quarter of your battery power, and Elizbeth was kind enough to supply you with two, and this one," tapping the screen again getting his attention on the mode he needs to be in, "is for the rapid fire setting. This is the one you'll be using, mainly."

"And that's the indicator for how much battery life the weapon has left," Adriana said in awe.

"Get familiar with it, because you'll be manning the one I saw on that ship," Sebastian said, chuckling in his head as Adriana and Nathan stared up at him like he had just given them the best Christmas present - ever! "Now Adriana you'll be in charge of manning the battery supply. They're heavy so once we secure the area I'll line up the batteries so all you have to do is," picking up the power cord, making sure that they were both watching, "you too will be trained on it," Sebastian said, nodding to the cannon as he attached the cord. "And taking care of those that slip past the cannon." Looking up seeing the others taking practices shots with their new pistols. Patting Nathan on the shoulder, letting the two of them enjoy the new toy.