The Talons of a Dark Heart Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

***

They rode long and hard in effort to get home before the next dawn. Novak said little to Talyis but knew she was in pain from their arduous journey. He knew she would hide it within her to hide to prove to her pride. Her hair floated about him, bringing her sweet aroma to his nose as they rode. His body was tense with anticipation and hope that they possibly could co-exist in a sense of harmony with each other. He had debated for hours, but quickly decided to gently kiss the back of her head; he wondered if she noticed. He hoped none of his men had noticed.

Finally, his body relaxed in victory as he reached the gates to his village. Their horses snorted in elation to be home as were their owners. It was deep night and many of the small homes were dark. Talyis looked around at the village, her new home. They rode on and the sounds of laughter and song sliced the silent cool air. They approached a tavern leaking light onto the dirt path; the building's seams seemed to swell with activity in the dark. The men congratulated each other softly as they jumped off their horses and entered the small shack. Novak removed his armor and placed it on the wagon as Gareth helped Talyis down from the horse.

The three entered the pub to join the band. Laughter penetrated the air as men and women sang and drank. She couldn't help but to stare at fair skin and sharp angled faces of the almost extinct Aricin people. Men cheered and greeted Novak happily addressing him as their lord and prince. A large mug was given to him and a toast was commencing to commemorate the return of the band.

A woman's squeal broke over the voices and tides of people were shoved aside as a voluptuous, red haired woman ran towards them. Her face was as red as her fire curly hair that scattered about her in mad dash towards them. Her huge smile of teeth, arms outstretched as her hips and breasts bounced joyfully she ran smack into Gareth. Gareth grunted but hardly lost his stature when her arms slapped around him in a huge hug.

"Gareth, my love!" She cried and Gareth pulled her close to him and beamed down at his beloved Delia.

12