The Talons of a Dark Heart Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

At night, Talyis fought with Novak as he brought another chalice of the disgusting thick medicine to her lips. “I am sorry, love, but it will help you get better.”

Talyis rolled her eyes and snatched the chalice from him, then quickly gulped down the drink with a grimace. It felt like slugs sliding down her throat. “No more after this, please, Novak.” The drink helped, but it always made her feel drowsy. She snuggled close to Novak, laying her head against his chest as he smoothed her hair back. “I want to make decrees after I am crowned,” she said sleepily. “I want to make things better for all, I am still the Princess of Onor.”

“Rest, Talyis, all will be well in the morning.”

Talyis peered up at Novak, he smiled down on her. His handsome features were so enticing and his eyes were again as kind as the boy that had chased her in the gardens. “I love you, boy.”

“And I you, Princess.” He captured her lips with his. “Tomorrow our dreams will come true.”

***

She woke up to the sounds of lutes and drums playing outside of the castle as the villagers processed through the forest to the castle grounds. The grounds were filled with revelers celebrating and dancing on the grass in front of the castle gates. She was feeling incredibly strong. She turned to her side to find Novak, but he had already left the chambers.

She threw off the blankets and walked to the window to peek down curiously. The gates and lawns were filled with jubilant Aricin. . Many were dancing to the sound of the drum and lutes playing. Children chased each other, while others danced with colorful streamers that chased in lines in the warm breeze. Laughter rose to the skies, the beautiful blue skies without a cloud tainting their perfection.

She ran to the window overlooking the village and saw many people in the streets dressed in their finest clothing in a parade with more musicians as they walked towards the castle. She giggled with disbelief until her when she looked out the third window overlooking the gardens. She couldn’t believe her eyes-- beyond the groups of people admiring her flowers, she saw two children running through the maze hedges. A little girl was being chased by a boy, her lovely white dresses flowing behind her like wings in flight, his raven hair in playful curls about his ears. She couldn’t believe that the boy that used to chase her, that she had always loved, that she was almost unable to forgive was now going to be hers forever, to love and be loved freely.

Servants entered the room bringing pails of steaming water as Novak had ordered and filled the tub. Talyis smiled to herself as women added rose oils, goat's milk and honey to her bath -- Onor beauty secrets. Novak was going to great lengths to make her feel at home. She dropped her gown and stepped into the steamy frothy tub; it was luxurious. A servant stayed behind and helped wash Talyis’s back and hair, also attentive in case she were to fall ill. Talyis wanted to stay in the tub till it turned cold but Delia clamored into the bathing room.

“Pigeon, you cant stay in that tub and catch yer death. Out!” she shrilled. Talyis reluctantly took the towel and stepped out of the tub. The servant began to dry her body off quickly. “We need you to get ready. Can’t you hear the villagers outside?”

“Rejoicing or getting ready to shoot arrows at me?” Talyis said, nervously.


“Nonsense, Pige, they are rejoicing and anyone who isn't will learn that you are the best for our prince and kingdom. Now, let’s get you dressed for your wedding.” Delia led the way out; the others could only follow.

She held up a gown of white lace and braided red and gold ribbons into her curly black hair. Talyis showed Delia how in her kingdom women applied coal soot around their eyes to enhance their beauty and called for cherries to be mashed up for her lips.

She was nervous. Everything had been such a challenge until now. Everything seemed to be going so smoothly. Novak did not come to see her, as was the tradition in her country.

Finally, it was time for her to walk down the winding stairs to the throne room to marry the green-eyed man. Her heart pounded in anticipation of everything she had dreamed coming to fruition.

When she descended the stairs to the hall, the villagers made a path for her to the throne. The room was beautiful, decorated in greens, reds and golds. Novak had arranged for plants to be brought in and made to resemble her gardens in Onor. She approached the throne, humbled at each step by the Arcin bowing before her, accepting her Relieved, she reached the empty chair beside Novak and sat. She felt like a little girl again, sitting on her father’s throne imagining what it would be like to be Queen. She began to think to her past with her father, but Novak squeezed her hand and she came back to the present.

Novak stood. “Men, Women, Children of Aricin, today, I introduce you to your new queen and the love of my life, Talyis of Onor.”

The room did indeed buzz with villagers talking upon this announcement.

“Please, let us continue our wedding. You will find that Talyis is indeed kind, gentle and very wise. You will be greatly honored to have her as your Queen. She is carrying the heir to our throne.” Novak turned to Talyis and offered his hand to her. She took it and stood, trying to remember what Delia has taught her the night before about the Aricin wedding ceremony.

Gareth approached the couple with a red cord and Novak smiled broadly, taking her right hand with his left, then her left with his right, crisscrossing their arms. Gareth bound heir arms together with the beautiful red rope and then the marital walk began with Novak leading. They walked in a figure eight to symbolize their eternal bond. Then he leaned forward, to kiss his beautiful bride while tears of joy trickled down his cheeks.

Delia approached the couple. The room was silent as she carried the crowns on satin pillows. Gareth took Novak’s crown that had been modeled after his father's. The crown for Talyis made her gasp and sob. It was made of gold with a silver tree created from gemstones.

She had believed it had been destroyed by her father, melted down into coins. Her father had told her this in retaliation for her defiance against him, wanting to wait for love and desire to one day wear her mother’s crown

“My gift to you,” Novak whispered. “don’t forget you are Onor and I accept you.” She smiled happily as Gareth placed her mother’s crown on her head.

“I present to you, the King of the Aricin, Novak, son of Belcar.” Gareth's voice rang out over the crowd.

“Hail, King Novak!” the crowd chanted three times and cheered loudly.

“And now I present my wife and your Queen, Talyis of the Aricin,” Novak roared and the room crescendo in cheer and applause.

“Hail, our Queen Talyis!” Delia began and the rest of the room followed her lead.

Gareth removed the red cord and then rebound Talyis's right hand to Novak's left. As a symbol of being a unit, moving and working as one, they would be physically joined throughout the day.

“Now, the first decrees will come from your Queen.” Novak stepped back, smiling at his wife.

“Messengers!” Talyis called and three men ran from the back of the room and bowed before her. "My first decree is that if any Onor survivor is found, that they may seek life and livelihood here in Aricin so long as they put aside all strife between Aricin and Onor.” A scroll was given to the Messenger to run and proclaim throughout the lands to far off lands.

“My second decree is that all Aricin land and any other kingdom lands that were stolen by my father’s conquests be given back to the people it was taken from. My third decree is that all Aricin should put aside their harsh feelings toward Onor and learn to leave in harmony and forgiveness. And my final decree today, is that no Aricin leader or Onor peasant or Aricin peasant shall expand by their kingdom or land by genocide, war, or personal battle."

Novak then rapped his staff against the ground and the villagers clapped in acceptance of Talyis’s decrees. Novak cleared his throat and silence fell upon the room. “My first decree is that the future heir to the throne may and will be encouraged to follow love and will not have to marry to be crowned leader, rather my heir will take upon the throne at my natural passing. My second decree is to put away all spitefulness and treat anyone and everyone with respect and love as spitefulness, hatred and vengeance will not solve the greater problem. And finally I restore Gareth to the line of royalty and official declare his marriage to Delia.”

They feasted on the best of Aricin and Onor foods. Novak had made sure that all of Talyis’s favorite foods were prepared. He grinned happily when she ate some of the Aricin food without complaint. She said with a full mouth that it wasn’t that bad once you get used to the spices. Novak and Delia roared with laughter.

It was a good day and the castle was filled with happiness as they danced and played music. Novak noticed that Talyis was swaying a little unevenly and quickly held her close to him.

“Talyis, are you feeling well?” Novak asked with great concern.

“The room is spinning,” she said before fainting in his arms. Everyone around the couple gasped and Novak quickly carried her to his -- now their -- bedchambers.

She lay in bed, her head tossing to and fro. Delia came up with a chalice of the liquid which Talyis drank after a weak protest.

“Let the party go on,” Novak said. He tried to reassure Delia, but she saw the worry in his face. “Please, let them celebrate. She will be fine. She has to be. It’s only been a long day.”

Delia sighed deeply and left. Novak laid down next to Talyis and rubbed her forehead and her belly that looked more like five month pregnant and not eight. He kissed her still lips as she slept and prayed for her to heal.

Talyis woke up in the middle of the night, in her wedding gown. Novak slept beside her. She turned to him and smoothed his long raven curls from his sweaty brow and kissed him awake tenderly, holding his cheek in her small hand.

She smiled contentedly. “This has been the best day ever. I love you.” She kissed him fervently as the fire danced and crackled, light playing with his beautiful angled face.

“You should be resting,” he murmured as she kissed him ardently all over moving down his bare chest.

“It’s my wedding night. Make love to me, Novak,” she said seductively.

“No, love, you are too weak,” he protested even though he was melting as her kisses moved further down his belly.

“Please, it’s our wedding night, I swear I wont hurt you.” She chuckled and dragged her tongue around his bellybutton and his stomach vibrated with his laughter.

“I’m sure you won’t.” He tugged at her shoulders and she collapsed onto his chest with a purr, listening to his heart beat. Novak sighed as he tenderly smoothed her hair back. “But you are not completely healed; and you fainted at the wedding.”

“I feel fine.” She unfastened his pants while she trailed her wet tongue down his chest. “It’s whether you can handle me.”

Novak growled lustfully and picked Talyis up, depositing her in the middle of the bed. He wanted to rip her wedding lace from her body but instead attacked her with deep kisses as she tugged at his pants from removing them his body, her fingers played about his groin, teasing.

“What’s this?” She felt something odd on his skin and stopped, , sat up abruptly. The candlelight played over her heart-shaped face.

“I am yours.” Novak replied with such simplicity it melted her.

He placed her fingers where his pubic hair once grew to traced the brand that mirrored her own, lined with his pelvic area above his shaft. It was her royal symbol burned into his skin. Its raised bumps were warm from healing, and she realized he had done this recently.

She leaned closer to him and kissed her brand on his body. Novak helped her pull her gown over her head and reveled in the sight of Talyis, his love, spread out before him and beaming with love. The hair on her mound never grew back because of the brand. He leaned forward and gently kissed his brand.

He began to rain kisses around her mound and inner thighs so close to her labial lips that swelled longing for his touch.

“I wanted to show you,” he said between kisses, “that I will always love you and value you above myself.” He finally attacked her clit which was throbbing for his touch. His wet tongue swirled around the heated nub and pleasure shot through her body. Her hips undulated for him. Her clit glistened with his warm wet kisses that called the rest of her sex to flow.

She hitched her breath in anticipation as he pressed the tip of his swollen head to her wet pussy, stroking it up and down. His precum joined with her own juices. “My body belongs to you and-” He stopped his pursuit of driving her to climax and pressed her hand to his chest. “This heart belongs to you.”

She arched her back and squirmed underneath him., “Novak, stop teasing me,” she growled as she pressed her hips closer to his. He obliged, pressing his thick penis head between her lips. Her entire pussy squeezed in desperation for more. He slid in all the way, filling her completely; his penis stretched her velvety channel, playing with the bundle of nerves at the top of her pussy.

She screamed in ecstasy as he pulled out and pushed into her, and then he held himself still within her, reveling in her warmth. Her hands reached for him, he took them within his own and kissed her fingertips distracting her before he plunged into her once more. Her eyes widened and he began to thrust harder, making her drip onto the sheets.

They panted together in one chorus. He grinned wickedly and pressed his finger to her hidden clit and circled it tortuously, teasing it out and bringing her to the heights of passion. Her nerves rose to fever pitch with every stroke of his fingers and each stroke of his shaft until she could was no longer in control of heself. Her pussy clenched his shaft hard and each hug made him feel thicker within her. He released a feral growl as his seed exploded into her and he felt her explode at the same time.

He very slowly pulled out. He let his fingers graze her pussy lips as he withdrew and he could feel the small aftershocks of orgasm race through her. He chuckled removed himself with a quiet hiss, instantly missing her warmth. He brought her into his embrace and traced his finger tips over her stomach lazily, edging closer to her clit until her body quivered once more with pleasure.

***

Talyis curled closer to Novak, her dewy mouth slightly opened as she snored softly. Novak turned the gimmel ring on her finger while she slept. The princess he had loved his entire life was also in love with him. He couldn’t help but wish that he had known what he knew now about her love for him before he had taken her innocence.

They could have been so happy together all this time. Instead her labored breathing worried him as she slept. Her eyes watered behind her lids as tears leaked onto his chest. She wasn’t crying; in fact she was sleeping peacefully and happy in afterglow. He curled his arms around her and held her tightly before laying her down gently. He tiptoed out of the room and over to Gareth’s and Delia’s chambers.

“Delia,” he whispered through the open door. “Delia.”

Delia snored loudly and wrapped her thick leg over Gareth's hip.

“Delia, please wake up,” he said, louder this time. She snorted awake, looking around in the dark. Novak held up his lantern so that she could see him, and she quickly pulled her robe about herself and jumped out of the bed.

“What?! Is she okay? Is the baby?!” Delia panicked.

“No, Delia, everything is fine. I need some elixir for her. She is still very weak and I am worried.”

“Don’t you fret, I will make some right now,” she said. She yawned, still a bit sleepy, but her energy and lightness were already showing through.

Delia led Novak to the kitchen. She lit a fire under the kettle and began to through in the different ingredients to brew the medication. Novak sat at the long table the cooks used to prepare the meals and watched attentively.

“When the babe comes, I will need to know how to care for it. She will be very weak,” Novak sighed.

Delia frowned and scrunched her nose. “Stop talking like that. Talyis is strong. She dealt with the likes of you most her life, she’ll be able to handle the rest.”

Novak smoothed his long curls behind his ear and inhaled deeply once the kettle was finally covered. “She was so happy today wasn’t she?”

“Oh yes,” Delia brimmed, “And when Gareth put her mother’s crown on her head, she was as bright as the sun. What a beautiful bride. Ah, what a lovely day!”

“Delia, thank you for being a friend to Talyis. She needed one when I was so foolish.”

“We’ve both learnt a lot ‘bout ourselves, I suppose, with this twisted mess,” Delia said. She arched an eyebrow at him and returned to stirring the concoction. Novak knew she meant more than their common loss during the war. It was a surrender of her fight with him and forgiveness in the same breath for her rage when he had caused Talyis’s near drowning.

“Again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart Delia,” he said .

“I love her.” Delia tightened her lip to stifle her own fears. “She will be fine, Prince- I mean Your Highness,” Delia reassured him. She poured the elixir into a chalice. “Let it cool a bit. Put a bit of mint leaves to her chest, that should soothe her, too.”

Novak carried the small satchel of mint leaves that Delia had tied together and the chalice back to his chambers. He placed the hot glass on the window sill to cool. He carefully peeled the blankets back from her body and delicately rubbed the mint leaves onto her chest, being careful not to wake her.

“Do you plan on always meddling with me in my sleep, Novak?” she whispered into the dark.

“I am sorry, Love, I only meant to-” Novak stuttered guiltily.

She caught his hand with the mint and urged him to continue. “Thank you.”

She hummed as he continued to rub the mint sprigs into her skin, enjoying the scent that came to her nose. She took a few of the leaves from the satchel and traced his lips with the mint, laughing when he bit the leaf like a tiger. She took another leaf to munch on herself.

“These are for your chest, not for eating,” he told her.

“Or other things,” she hinted, and kissed him deeply. The mint tangled between their lips, pleasantly refreshing. Her hands slid to his chest, pushing his robe aside; the robe that she had worn while he was at war as she tried to recall his embrace, his scent. She started to line single kisses down his chest to the satchel of leaves at his side. She took another tangy leaf and chewed it. More torturous kisses dragged down his body until she had come across the brand on his skin. He hissed loudly as she blew warm air across his skin, the mint hint of her breath spiking sensations on tender skin.

He groaned loudly, anticipating the effects of her minty mouth where she planned her next attack. He inhaled sharply and his stomach knotted as she wrapped her mouth around his shaft. His nerves tingled as her tongue danced along the underside and the burning sensation of mint in her mouth drove him wild.

His nerves strained as she lazily bobbed her head, sucking sounds penetrating the air as his wife laved his cock. Her curly black hair bounced with her head over his cock, tickling his inner thighs as she sucked him hard. Her hot mouth tightened around him and every sensation in his body seemed to originate from his balls as she sucked him into her throat.

He was could barely hold himself back, his cum wanting to douse the minty flames. He grunted loudly as his entire body tensed before he exploded. Talyis looked up, her brown eyes peeking up from his cock as he climaxed.