The Temple Priestess Ch. 01

Story Info
Anouk's initiation as a temple priestess.
2k words
4.3
34.5k
6
0

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 10/29/2022
Created 05/11/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1: A temple priestess

Anouk's initiation as a temple priestess

This story is set around 5,000 years ago, in Babylonia. In pre-Christian times, just before the patriarchal Hebrews invaded places like Canaan, goddess worship was widespread and sex was connected to spirituality.

Here, in Babylonia, sex is considered a sacred act to honour fertility. All women are regarded as an embodiment of the Goddess. To serve as a temple priestess or temple priest is an honour. Our main form of worship is of Baal, the male God of War. The female divine force, and Baal's consort, is our Goddess of fertility and sensuality, Ishtar. We have heard that in other parts of the world, the Great Goddess Ishtar is honoured as Isis, Aphrodite and Venus in similar ways. In Babylonia, every woman honours Ishtar for at least one day, with sacred sex.

Through sexual union, we fuse male and female energies. Even making love with the same sex, or taking pleasure from our own body is endorsed as the sexual energy raised is in honour of Ishtar. Men and women come to the temple for sexual initiation, instruction, healing and when the desire for intimacy arises. In return, they leave an offering of money or gifts to the temple. Because of this, our duty is held in high regard.

Tonight is my initiation as a temple priestess. I have known about this initiation for at least three moon cycles, but I have been hearing exotic stories of the temple priestesses since I became a woman, blessed by moon blood. My initiation will comprise of a feast, a sexual initiation and instruction performed by the priest of my choosing, along with some later instruction in the art of sensual dancing, incense making, healing and massage.

After my sexual initiation, the band of gold I wear on my right arm just above my elbow will be moved to my left arm to symbolise my completed rite of passage. After serving thirteen men in my special service, I will receive a second band, which will mean that I am no longer a novice.

At our home, my mother prepares me for the ceremony with meticulous care. After my bath, she massages scented oil into my skin and dresses my hair. She burns herbs on spices like cinnamon and ginger on a charcoal block. I stand over the burning sensor, allowing the aromatic smoke purify my womanhood. She helps me carefully apply kohl to my eyelids, to accentuate their almond shape and provide contrast to my blue green eyes. My tanned cheeks are rouged to add colour and a berry mixture is applied to my lips to enhance their sensuality. My novice robe is blue, complementing my eyes. It is in two pieces. One piece ties around my waist, just below my navel. The other piece is like a tight, sleeveless bodice that ties at the front and lifts my breast to reveal cleavage. My mother tells me it's designed so my lover can easily undress me.

Together, we walk to the temple as the sun begins to retire in the sky. Twelve other novices will celebrate initiation tonight. At each initiation there are thirteen novices, as 13 is considered a magical number in our culture. My grandmother told me this is because there are 13 moon cycles in one year. At the feast, we will meet the priests. When we make our selection, we whisper the identity of our preference to the High Priestess. There are always more men than novices to make this selection easier.

As we enter the beautiful shrine, I am overwhelmed by the smell of exotic spices, burning in several censors. I walk to the altar where the High Priestess welcomes me and I kneel before the statue of Ishtar.

"Novice, why have you come to the temple?" the High Priestess asks.

For this rite of passage, there is only one answer.

"To serve the Goddess Ishtar." I confidently reply.

"State your name, novice," she orders me.

"Anouk. My name is Anouk." I continue, as I tremble with impatience.

"Anouk, the temple of Ishtar welcomes you."

This is my cue to proceed into the banquet room, after the High Priestess blesses me with the consecrated water and walks around me once, clockwise, with the censor.

As I sit at my designated place at the table, my eyes dart around at the priests who are standing, waiting to be seated after all the novices. They are all handsome, and so impeccably groomed. I identify the one I find most attractive. He is slim, olive skinned with curly black hair. I look at him until he notices me staring, just like my mother had taught me. When he looks my way, I quickly smile and look away. I look at him again to find he is looking at me and smiling. My heart is already racing and I can't wait to disclose my preference to the High Priestess.

The priests sit down opposite us at the long table and I am disappointed that the one I desire is not directly opposite me. During the delicious feast of olives, figs, goat's cheese, bread, cherries and meat, an accomplished temple priestess entertains us with a sensual dance. I can't wait to dance like that. She gyrates her hips in a circular movement, then in a figure eight motion, making the overall effect rather exotic. Then she undulates her whole stomach, making it look like a serpent movement, as her breasts seem to jiggle in isolation to the rest of her torso. I can see how the sensuality of the dance is designed to honour our Ishtar. This dance that speaks of passion is designed to raise our sexual confidence for our rite of passage.

It's my turn to whisper my choice of priest. I feel the eyes of many following me as I nervously walk to the head of the table where the High Priestess sits. I dare not look back although I hope that he is watching me.

I murmur in her ear, "He is sitting three from the other end, with the curls."

She whispers back, "That is Jodar. You have chosen well Anouk." I am impressed that she remembers my name.

The High Priestess makes the announcement we all wait for.

"Novices, I am about to call your names for the initiation. Your chosen priest will take you to your assigned chamber for your initiation. Your priest has been trained in the art of lovemaking. His role is twofold. Firstly, he will show you the art of pleasure you deserve to receive. Secondly, he will show you the art of pleasing men."

The High Priestess continued her speech.

"There is no rush. After that, you will decide if you wish to stay and serve the Goddess, or if you wish to make occasional visits for sacred service. Whatever decision you make, tonight is dedicated to your pleasure and your instruction. Your pleasure and dedication will please the Ishtar. Now, I will call the names."

Finally, she calls us. "Anouk, with Jodar."

For the first time since the banquet started, we make eye contact.

Thankfully, he looks pleased. He takes my hand and leads us to our private chamber. Already, incense and candles burn on the altar. Wine and fruit sit on a small table. Cushions pad the floor in anticipation of our activity. The atmosphere in the room is smoky, scented and inviting.

He takes my hands and says, "Anouk, I am so pleased that you chose me. I noticed your energetic eyes and exotic beauty when you first walked in."

His sensual mouth meets mine, and I am intoxicated by his smell. It's like a spicy wood. I return his kiss hungrily; eager for more than I could ever achieve when I please myself. The way he touches me and devours my mouth and neck with his tongue is nothing short of breathless. He easily opens the thin blue fabric of my bodice to expose my breasts, which eagerly await his attention. First, he kisses them gently. Soon, he takes them more urgently in his mouth along with the kneading of his hand. The tingling in my loins begs for his touch.

My moans signal I am ready for more of him.

I tell him, "I am so nervous Jodar, but so excited to be here."

He thoughtfully replies, "Don't worry Anouk, I am here to make you happy."

After he removes my bodice, he lays me down on the soft feather cushions. He kneels between my legs and lifts the skirt to run his hands up my legs, testing my patience. He rubs my engorged lips that are already excreting love juices. I prop myself up on my elbows to watch my first lover make his next moves.

From a vial on the altar, he empties oil onto his hands. He rubs the scented slippery fluid through the folds of my femininity and slides his finger up and down. Gently, as if never probed before, he enters me with one finger. He finds a place inside me, on the upper part of my opening that sends an electric shock through me. I wonder why I have never found this spot myself. I realise that the angle of his manual entry is different to my technique when pleasing myself.

He feels my reaction and asks me, "Anouk, have I found one of your sacred pleasure centres?"

"Yes Jodar, it's wonderful." I reply, silently begging for more.

"Now, this should be another one of your sacred places." He continues, as he moves two fingers to the knob between my folds.

"Yes," was all I could say when he gently circles his oiled fingers on that place I had visited so many times with my own hands.

As one hand expertly tantalises my knob, his other hand enters me once more, but with two fingers. In a matter of seconds, he finds that hot spot inside that begs his touch and he works on my two pleasure centres at the same time. I grind my pelvis against him, wanting to optimise this ecstasy. I know that the moisture between my legs is not just oil. I am wet and delirious with desire. There is no reason to stifle my moans in the sanctity of this pleasure chamber. I cry out to announce that he has achieved one of his objectives.

"Anouk, did that please you?" he asks with his face now close to mine.

Before I can reply, he continues, "I think you are almost ready to take me."

I watch as he slowly removes his robe to reveal only a small loincloth that just covers his partly erect manhood. At first I think the flickering candle is playing tricks on my vision, but soon I notice that a gold ring is pierced through his foreskin. He rubs oil over his penis until it reaches its full magnificence.

"Now Jodar," I whisper, "Please take me now."

He unties the last of my clothing that barely covers my body. With his beautiful naked body over mine, he guides his hard member into my oiled and naturally moistened crevice. Slowly at first, with some pain, he moves in and out. After a few strokes, the pain eases as my passage accommodates him. I move faster against him wanting more, and eager to please him.

He uses a cushion to raise my hips as his finger once again finds my pleasure knob. This angle of entry, with his finger in the right spot leads me to my second intense explosion. While I convulse from the excitement that wracks my body, he also erupts inside me.

Still inside me, he nuzzles my ear and says, "Anouk, your initiation is underway. Will you allow me to move your gold bangle to your left arm?"

My first lover has introduced me to the pleasures of the body so well. Ishtar will be pleased with that lustful initiation.