The Theatre Mishaps Ch. 02

Story Info
Actresses take on a challenging role.
1.6k words
4.27
28.1k
11

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 11/08/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Theatre Mishaps

Chapter Two

Cathy Weyland was thrilled when she got the call from David Webb, confirming she'd gotten the role as the lead in 'Sins of Man,' Darnell Collins' new play. At 26-years old, it was her first chance at a major role in a significant production. When Cathy heard that Alice Brooks was playing as her understudy, she got doubly excited. Cathy had been a fan of Alice's work in 'Queens of New York' until its series' finale.

Possessing a firm, yet bouncy C-cup top that was mounted on a thin frame, Cathy felt confident enough about the unusual nude scene at the end of the first act. Despite her great beauty, Cathy wasn't much of an exhibitionist, but she felt its was a small sacrifice for performing in a new play from a major playwright!

Today, Cathy finally found herself meeting her idol, Alice Brooks, in person and expressed her gratitude for the years of entertainment. Alice was flattered by the charming, young woman and upon meeting her, clearly understand why she was cast as the lead. Cathy was the physical embodiment of the Jill Paisley written on the pages of Darnel Collins' script. Bubbly, attractive, yet still possessing a girl-next-door appeal.

The pleasant introductions were short-lived though, as David Webb directed the two girls through five grueling weeks of rehearsals. Though Cathy got the grunt of the stage work, Alice put many hours in as well. Their two fit male co-stars even seemed fatigued by the long days and nights.

"We're going to be doing a full-audience dress rehearsal tomorrow," said David, entering the dressing room during the last week of rehearsals. "Darnell will be there and the public will be invited."

Alice and Cathy eyed each other. They had yet to actually stand naked on stage during rehearsals. Alice was very grateful Cathy was the main lead at this point. In dress rehearsals, the lead often performed every scene, even the matinees. But David broke the news, "Darnell would like Alice to stand in for the first performance of the day."

It was like a piano landed on Alice.

The scene she resented so much involved walking out on stage stark naked at the end of the first act. It was performed as a dream sequence that her character was experiencing: the rather common "nude-in-public" dream. The thing is, the character, Jill Paisley, isn't really dreaming. She only thinks she is. Which adds to the irony, as the lights come up in the house so that she may witness the audience watching her and the horror of realizing her dream is reality. Alice had rehearsed the scene many times, but they had yet to do a real dress rehearsal... or in this case, "undress" rehearsal.

The scene was both a touch comical and emotionally deep, squeezed into the pages of the tense thriller that separated the two acts. The two male leads played by Eric Fitzgerald and George Harris vied for the lead character's affections. This scene was pivotal in Jill choosing to reject them both.

The last moments of the nude scene involved being shaken violently by Eric's character as he proves to Jill that she is, in fact, not dreaming. Alice's B-cup breasts were going to jiggle considerably in that scene, she thought. They certainly did under her clothes when they tried it in rehearsal, even with her bra on, as Eric tended to get a bit rough.

The following night, it was time to see how that played out.

Alice, always the consummate professional, nailed every scene prior to the nude scene. As she disrobed behind the curtain, in her nervousness, she couldn't help but have rock hard nipples. Freakishly long, nearly two inches in length. She knew they were unusual, but her past boyfriends always complimented her on them. She could weather this, she thought to herself.

She did better than that. As the lights came on in the audience, Alice found herself getting unexpectedly aroused as so many men and women ogled her bare breasts, her slim waist, bare pussy and firm ass. At the end of the scene when time came for Eric to shake her, she made sure to position herself where everyone could clearly see her tits jiggling rapidly back and forth, up and down. The audience erupted in laughter and gasps, as the scene was meant to be driven to the edge of absurdity. As the act closed and the curtain came down, Cathy Weyland, the actual main lead actress, rushed backstage to greet Alice.

"Oh my god!" Cathy screamed. "There is no way I can do what you just did. I mean, I thought I could, but no... it's too... too humiliating!"

"Oh, Cathy, it wasn't that bad," said Alice, beginning to put her clothes back on.

"No, I mean it. I can't do it. You can have the part. You're absolutely great in it, but I can't do it. I quit!"

"Well, if you like the play so much, why can't you do the part?" asked Alice.

"All those people. Just staring!"

Just then, Darnell Collins and David Webb came in to congratulate Alice, who was still flushed with excitement. They were in mid conversation and not yet even taking notice of the two women in the room.

"The lighting was perfect." said Darnell.

"You have to thank Ursula for that," said David. "She's the lighting tech. I'll bet she knows this play better than anyone."

"You must bring her in and allow me to thank her," said the playwright.

David motioned to one of the stagehands nearby. "Get Ursula down here, please." The stagehand zoomed away.

Finally, Darnell looked up at Alice. "My dear. I want to congratulate you for such a marvelous performance. I knew you would be amazing and you were. In fact, I think I had you in mind for this role from the very beginning, perhaps even before I began writing it. Thank you. Thank you. Such an incredible performance."

Alice blushed from the heavy flattery. It had been long since she had heard so much of it. "Oh, thank you. That means so much coming from you!" Perhaps this play was her ticket back to the big leagues, she thought. If Cathy actually quit, she would be playing the lead all the time.

It was just then that another girl came into the room. It took a moment for Alice to realize it was Ursula, the lighting technician, as she didn't come around often, but she was kind of hard to forget. Even though Ursula's waist was thin, she had the most ridiculously massive pair of tits. One wondered if perhaps Ursula kept to herself because she was ashamed of them.

They weren't half wrong. Mostly, Ursula just didn't like people staring at her. Men and women alike ogled her breasts incessantly, no matter what she wore. Her heavy breasts strained every bra and top. She couldn't help it if they bounced so much, either, no matter how precarious her movements. As such, Ursula tended to stay out of other people's way.

Cathy finally repeated with the men in the room. "I'm not doing it. No way!"

"Wait," said David. "You mean you're not doing the show? You can't back out now! We're having a second rehearsal tonight. Just because Alice did this one, doesn't mean we intend to take you off the lead ticket."

"I'm not insulted Alice stepped in today," said Cathy. "I'm grateful! That nude scene is just denigrating! I never realized how much so until now, seeing Alice do it. No way. No, sir!"

"But you have to do it," said the writer, Darnell. "I am taking Alice to dinner tonight after she finishes the first show."

Alice almost coughed. Her! With Darnell Collins? On a date?

"I'm sorry. I can't do it," Cathy insisted.

"Well, you're just going to have to find someone else," said Darnell, turning to David. "After all, it's just a rehearsal."

"But we don't have anyone else. Cathy is the lead and she just quit. Alice is the backup."

"Uh, look," said Ursula, interjecting. "I need to get back to the lighting booth if that's okay with you. Someone called me down? About what?"

"Oh, you must be Ursula," said Darnell, turning to her. "David told me about you and it was I who asked to see you. I just wanted to thank you for such tremendous work. Keep it up, dear girl."

Ursula was a bit shocked by the compliment. It wasn't often she was thanked for her efforts, and she was doubly happy it didn't appear the writer made any ado about her breasts, as he kept his eyes focused on her own the entire time. The writer appeared to be a charming man.

"You know," Darnell continued. "David was just telling me earlier that you probably know this play better than anyone. Is that true?"

"Oh, there's no doubt about that, sir," said Ursula, standing to attention. "I've been working on it every day, ten hours a day, for the past two months. I know every spot and every line. I never miss a cue." Ursula took great pride in her work.

"So perhaps you could save the day for us. David, why don't you convince Ursula of our needs and we'll be getting about our business?" Darnell then turned to Alice and said, "I look forward to seeing the rest of the show. Be ready after. I have wonderful reservations for us."

Alice was thrilled. To experience a dinner with the Darnell Collins! She almost wished there was another nude scene in the second act.