The Torch Singer Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I used to think that the universe of things I could wish for was more finite." She began. Jake looked like he wasn't quite following her. She smiled at him.

"Then we found each other again." She said simply. "My deepest, most impossible – most improbable wish was suddenly fulfilled. Dude, that is a pretty big mind fuck."

She rose from her chair and walked around the table, climbing up on his lap. "Suddenly, the universe of things I could possibly have feels a lot bigger." She kissed him. He waited for her to finish, gently taking hold of one stray lock of her silky hair.

"The most important thing to me is this – us." She kissed him again, this time more thoroughly. He sighed with happiness, touching his forehead to hers. "And because I believe that, I can say this: Let's go for it. I'd like to undertake this... adventure, I guess... with you. But only if we do it together. Who knows? It could be fun."

Jake kissed her, his hand cupping her chin. "I want to say something to you – I may not do it very well, but I feel the need to say it..." He began.

Frankie leaned away from him a bit to watch his face. He seemed to be struggling for words.

"I've loved you most of my life. I wanted you for so long. And then yesterday happened." He stroked her face tenderly for a moment, and seemed to have trouble swallowing. Frankie was stunned to see his eyes shining with what looked like unshed tears.

"What I'm trying to say is this: If we'd met for the first time yesterday, I'd be just as wildly in love with you as I am now. Do you see what I'm saying? I love you – I love THIS Frankie – every bit as much as I loved the girl I knew back then. More, maybe."

She exhaled. Tears slid down her cheeks. "Wow. For the record, you said that pretty well." She laughed gently as she leaned forward to press her lips to his.

She slipped off his lap and took him by the hand, drawing him out of his chair and back to the bedroom. She was humming a little melody that Jake thought sounded vaguely familiar.

"How much time do we have left to be alone in this suite?" she asked and then answered: "Twenty-four more hours?"

She turned toward him, a wicked little smile on her face. "Hollywood and the rest of the world can wait. We can do a hell of a lot of damage in twenty-four hours..." She untied and dropped the bathrobe, then fell back on the bed, pulling him down with her.

***