The Tournament 04: The Trial

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
madam_noe
madam_noe
1,846 Followers

"We do," they responded in unison.

"Does the jury agree to this withdrawal?"

They spoke amongst themselves as Morrigan waited tensely. At last they nodded.

Shamash regarded Morrigan with those dark all-seeing eyes. For a long moment all waited breathless, wondering if he would invoke his right to overrule their wishes. As last he nodded. "The matter is withdrawn. Morrigan may return to Earth, but it is my ruling her clan must appoint an alternate. Is there any one?"

Morrigan ground her teeth. "There is one who should be on Earth. Neit."

"Themis will accompany you to Earth and instruct him on his duties. Court is dismissed." He banged his rod and stood, and everyone filed out but the defenders, Morrigan, Themis, and her former accusers.

Kuan Ti turned at last and smiled to Morrigan, knowing her better than anyone. "Back on Earth,, but saddled with your brother-in-law. If you violate the rules one more time, I will be there, Morrigan. There is nowhere you can hide." With that he and Chu-Jung turned and left.

"What was that all about?" Anbay asked.

"Kuan Ti is...a friend. Neit is not. There will be dark times ahead."

"But you have two Earth years to train your champion. Rest easy with that," Haukim offered.

"Thank you," Morrigan said to him and Anbay. "Truly, thank you. I will not forget what you have done."

"Come along," Themis interrupted them after they hugged. "The portal is weak and we have a short window."

Nodding, Morrigan left with her and they walked to the portal where the oldest and most powerful waited to pool their power and send them to Earth. They stood in the circle around them and felt the magic. When it cleared they were on the human Earth, full of rotten musty smells and death.

"You better go back quickly," Morrigan urged her. "But thank you."

"Oh, I'm not returning. I've been elected the impartial observer."

"Impartial? But your champion lives."

Themis walked a few steps away and used her small magic to change her clothes into rougher, dingy garb to help her meld in with the humans, and produced a pair of sunglasses. "I'm a goddess of justice. Trust my impartiality."

With that she wandered off. Morrigan was a goddess of war and death. Justice was a human concept, and she knew more than most just how corrupt it was.

Two years, she thought, and turned to get her bearings. Two years to train Keelin, help her win, and then... People would die. It was what Morrigan did best. And when Keelin won, the real trial would begin.

madam_noe
madam_noe
1,846 Followers
12