The Tragic Hunter

Story Info
Born of shadows and sorrows, she prowls the night alone.
1k words
4
4k
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A quick one shot that was spawned from a dream I had - and couldn't resist writing down. Maybe, one day, the nameless hunter will spawn a story of her own.

I'm pretty new to literotica, having only joined I think yesterday. So this is my first piece! I LOVE constructive criticism.

---
Deception

BTW: I'll be needing an editor, so if anybody can either recomend one, or is one themself - feel free to contact me.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


o----- The Tragic Hunter -----o


It was dark that night, no flickers of silver moonlit to guide her way. Casting her in darkness, where a beast like her belonged. Rain beat down against the bruised and battered earth, fat heavy drops that seemed to scream out in a silent plea with each loud pitter patter. Throwing her hooded head back she closed her eyes and let the rain beat down steadily in an angry rhythm against her face. The rain itself far too beautiful for a creature such as her to relinquish, who was born of darkness and only bred fear and hate in the hearts of most.

Snap.

Like lightning her head snapped around towards the offending sound, her lips pulled into a grim line. Her wintry eyes peered out into the darkness, seeing all as if it was afternoon. Something was out there, she was sure of it, for they had been following her for little over an hour now, waiting for her to be caught 'unaware'. Stilling, she closed her eyes and opened her senses. The sound of a thick, healthy pulse beat thunderously in her ears, and the air reeked of human stench. Opening her eyes she quickly darted into a dark ally, a slow animalistic smile curving her lips. The sound of footsteps turned down the ally not to long after her and by the sound of it there was only one of them. 'Pathetic' she thought to herself.

No, she would not take blood or worse yet a soul, in her mind no matter how lowly this choice humans might be she would never break her vow and take from the unwilling. Yet...that didn't mean she couldn’t play with them. Throwing her head back, a deep husky laugh escaped her throat. Her laugh, beautiful and mesmerizing had a lilt of broken glass and dark promises to it as it filled the air around her and soared high above the city.

Snap.

The snapping of a fallen branch reached her ears as her assailant started and paused at the sound of her laugh. Turning slowly towards the sound shrouded by the darkness of her hood, only the lower half of her face could be seen. Her lips drew back in a come hither look as if inviting the intruder to take his chances. He was large by human standards, not somebody a person would take lightly. The prudent smell of spirits reeked off of him and traveled the distance causing her to twitch her nose in disgust.

Looking at her, he took her in. His blurred gaze traveled up her form from head to toe, lightening a bit after making the decision that she was under him and would be an easy target. Reaching into his back pocket he pulled out a small switchblade and took a menacing step towards her, a smile protruding from his disheveled features.

"Be a good girl and hand ov’er your money." He slurred.

Looking at him from under the thick hood of her trench coat she smiled. It was a charming smile. Something a normal person in her situation wouldn’t dream of doing. She let out a chuckled as she saw him pause for a moment as if studying her before deciding to continue his 'dangerous'. approach.

"I said ‘and over the money and you won't be hurt!"

He howled as if growing annoyed with her non compliant attitude. Having had enough he went against his better judgment and launched himself straight for her. With the blade raised over his head, poised for a strike, he drew near and swung his hand down towards her shoulder.


In a blur of inhuman speed she caught his hand in the air, the motion causing her hood to fall off and expose her features. Her eyes - icy tundra blue, seemed to grow faintly devoid of pupil. Something dark and dangerous glittered within the depths of her eyes as the charming smile upon her lips turned bitter.

"Bad boy." She scolded with a playful tone, as if talking to a small child. "Didn't mama ever tell you not to threaten a lady."

With a gentle flick of her wrist, the sickening snap of bone rung loudly in the ally - soon followed by the metallic clank of the switchblade hitting the ground at their feet. The sound of the man’s pained scream caused a sense of pleasure to run through her. Tossing him aside as if he was a feather, she laughed once more as he hit a wall. Turning to face his shrouded and cowardly form she walked towards him, a dark figure made of all his childhood nightmares.

"Don't come near me! Stay away, I'll never rob again!" Sounding more like an abused child then a full grown man, he pleaded while holding his broken wrist.

Ignoring his please she continued to walk towards him, as he pressed himself further, and further against the wall as if it would bring him farther away from her. Crouching down in front of him she reached out a hand towards his neck, pausing when he flinched. Her hand cold as death rested against the column of his throat, her thumb stroked his pulse gently and calmly. Smiling softly into his terrified eyes she leaned close and placed a soft kiss upon his forehead and muttered the word 'sleep'.

In an instant the man stopped struggling and grew limp. He would sleep through the night unfazed by pain and in the morning he would feel, would remember everything accept her face. It would be nothing more then a vivid dream in which he hurt himself. Standing she tossed her hood over her head once more, her eyes returned to normal. Turning on her heels, she continued down the ally, leaving the man in her wake.