The Trinket Ch. 04

Story Info
Lynn's Dream, facing her fears. (Wish #01)
1.6k words
4.29
13.3k
0

Part 4 of the 10 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 07/17/2005
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Lynn opened her eyes to darkness, pitch black nothing. She opened them both as wide as she could and quickly realized something was not right. She felt a draft over her nakedness, so she reach for the covers but couldn't move.

Her arms were out beside her. They would not release from something. It felt like sticky netting glued to her body. It was as if she was metal and these strands were goo-magnets.

Realization sank in, she was not in a bed but suspended. "How high?" She gasped and looked but couldn't tell. She went to glance around and found her hair was stuck to this tacky, yet sturdy stringing substance.

"Hello?" Lynn cried, tilted her head and listened for a reply. Hearing only a faint echo of her words in a distance. Her breathing was the only thing that broke the silence. She grunted lightly as she made a strong attempt to free one of her arms.

Pulling, then jerking to no avail. The netting wobbled in a wave of motion. Lynn stopped tugging and swayed with the movement like a finger in a barrel of water, her own movements made the ripple. Back and forth in a slight see-saw swing till her body hung there, still.

"Hello! ... Hello!" She gave several yanks in the darkness but felt the pain of her hair being pulled out on her forearm by this strange sticky string.

"Hello, somebody, please ... help me!" Lynn yelled as she kicked her legs and pulled her arms in a massive body struggle to get free. Gravity became her enemy when the tacky rope gave slightly and she almost went 'flying,' free falling forward. Lynn grasped the sticky rope to keep from falling and it bound her even tighter.

"Shit ... shit shit shit!" Lynn spat in anger at her self. Her fear of falling had her stuck even greater than before. "How fucking far is it down there? This is unbelievable. I am going to wake up and..." Lynn swirled her tongue around as she puckered. Then stretched her neck out and spit to test: how far it fell. She got quiet and listened, "Splat!"

"That doesn't feel like a dream," she said as the saliva conformed to gravity and slid between her toes. Pooling in a hanging teardrop then dropped. "Damn-it!" She screamed in utter anger. She spit again, farther out and listen attentively. Her head move slowly in the dark so that her ears had the front row seat to whatever sound may reflect. There was no sound.

Her finger wrapped tightly around the strange sticky substance and twine. She became more curious of what was holding her. It resembled ... "A spider web?" Lynn panicked. "Help! Help, somebody please." She became frantic and shook to get free. The more she moved the more this stuff would toss her about aimlessly. "HELP!"

"Oh shit, if this is a spider web, imagine the size of the ..." Lynn struggled again, even more violently and was able to twist her body around to her side as one leg flung freely. "Ek!" She squeaked as her loose arm flung wildly.

Lynn fought with her sticky bindings till she was exhausted. She began to weep, hanging there mercilessly. "I have always been afraid of spiders. I don't know why." She started crying. "Hanging in the dark, naked. I hate the dark." She sniffled. Looking around her self, "I don't know why!"

Lynn worked her fingers back and forth slowly releasing a finger at a time. "I am stuck to a ... sticky... WEB!" Her wrist pulled free and then the arm slowly released from the tacky substance's grasp. "This isn't a spider web. I have swatted at many of them. No matter how big the spider web is it is always stringy and easily walked through, this is has to be a dream, but I have never had a dream as real as this," Lynn sniffled then gave another angry yank at the sticky rope. "This stuff is worse than ... fly paper ... Oh, how gross!" She whimpered.

She squinted in the dark, thinking she saw something move. She sniffled and tried to sling her hair to the side for a clear view in the direction she saw movement. But the tacky thread pulled various strands of her short black hair keeping her head from total free movement.

Squinting her eyes even more, peering into the darkness it became clearer, as if a white ribbon flapped in a light breeze. A large ... white ... "feather?"

Lynn worked her last finger loose then slowly pulled her arm free by pulling very slowly but steadily. "If this a dream, I should have some special powers!" She didn't slight a smile at her own humor. "I can do this!" Lynn glanced around for any sign of an on coming spider, uncertain of anything at this point other than she was alone, "Where's spider-man when you need him. Look's like I'll have to rescue my self."

She was able to get her body free but her hands and feet were still stuck and holding her. She pulled a foot free and began working her way down the web, very slowly. Then a hand pulled loose and found another hold, lower. Strangely, the less force used to pull away from the string seem to release it's peculiar 'messy' grasp.

"This fly is getting out of the web," Lynn smirked with courage. Her hand grasped what felt like a stone. She turned for a closer look and saw that they were green and white. Like very large beads. Identical to the ones on ..."The Dream Catcher!"

Lynn's mind scrambled to solve the puzzle while her body worked it's way down the web till she felt a round limb that served as a good solid standing platform. Considering she just come from being suspended.

She worked down to having one hand holding the sticky netting while two feet were now able to stand. Her other hand fought sticky fingers, they kept holding to each other from the strange substance. Lynn tried shaking it off and rubbing it off ...but nothing worked. Even her feet stuck to where she stood.

"What is this stuff!" she said frustrated. She wormed and wiggled a foot free then stuck it out over the oval platform. Feeling the darkness, testing the depth of the nothingness. Hoping to find the ground she searched with her toes for something to touch.

"Hello," Lynn shouted and listened. Her voice echoed back as if she was yelling into a deep hole. "Damn, where in the hell am I?" She eased over the edge of the limb and reached as far as she could with both legs. Leaning over the rounded structure she began to slowly ease herself down farther.

She felt something with her toe. She waved her foot around to try and locate what it was. Then she brushed it again. With excitement she lowered her self even more and hung from her hands hold while her legs found what seem to be a rope. Her legs wrapped a leg around this thin sturdy rope and pulled it to her. It was not sticky other than her limbs tacky touch.

She inched to the rope and began sliding down but was abruptly stopped by something tied to the rope. She reached down and grabbed it but was unable to pull it upward. She held tightly to the rope, and took a moment to evaluate where she was heading.

"Shit, I wish I would just wake up in my bed." Lynn reached down again and pulled with all her might at what was under her. Her hand's grasp pulled and it gave way. She pulled even more and it gave way and rose. As if taking flight she found her hand wrapped around a very large quill, next to a green bead. She found she was pulling a very large feather up and before her. There was no black, the white arose like smoke in distorted dimness, one large flickering feather before her eyes.

Holding the quill tightly she gasped. "I see ..."

A bright light flashed. Seemingly right before her very face, she closed and shielded her eyes as the bright light flashed, then disappeared. When she opened her eyes slightly to see if it was gone. She found herself in her motel room, sitting upright in her bed.

She looked at her hand and saw she was holding a feather. It had a green bead at the quill, she jerked her head with a quick glance to the trinket that still hung on the headboard. The Dream Catcher seemed undisturbed, "Where did this come from?" Lynn asked as she raised her hand up to look at the feather. Her hand was empty. "What?" Lynn pulled the covers back in several layers searching for the feather, she had just held.

Moving from side to side. Then sitting up higher, looking, feeling under the edge of the pillows.

"Now I know it didn't just fly away!" Lynn got out of bed and pulled the covers back as if to prove she wasn't going crazy. She searched under the bed and through every sheet and bedspread then finally gave up. She sat on the bed in the motel room. Looked at the television that was still playing, displaying the local weather and time, which read: 2: 33.

"Oh shit, I over slept."

She leaned over to the nightstand and turned the light on. On the nightstand, in plain view was a spider. Lynn instinctively jerked back and gasped, "Ek!" Under normal circumstances she would scream her head off, then her husband would come running to her rescue. Lynn reached slowly and picked up the telephone book from the under shelving and tossed it gently on top of the spider. She didn't slam it down or move it after the fact. She simply laid the thick book over the creature.

"I just came from your grand pappies," Lynn smiled at her triumph. Then sprang out of bed.